The Dominion of Lords. (OOC & Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...she's gorgeous.

Ahem. I'm thinking about playing a mortal. Not sure who to make them a follower of, though.

@Mr. Calcium
I love her! I was wondering if anyone was going to make a surface lord who isn't exactly good, the sacrifices and such, so I was glad to see such things. I love the concept of her masks as well, reminds me Majora's mask. Though, switching between them in the middle of a fight could get cumbersome, especially should they get out of her reach. The only thing I feel unsure about is the real world mountain names, though naming new mountains is another challenge in and of itself, I can let that slide.

@The Dapper Mog
The fun is that isn't really anything holding you to making them be a follower of anything. A pantheon of many lords is an option. Like what the romans or any ancient civilization did really. You could also be a non-believer. The options are really vast if you think about it.

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
@Supremacy
That's why I said her shrine complex is in an unknown location. It's in none of the known places so yeah

And about the masks, she doesn't exactly carry them. She pretty much just channels them over her face. Kinda like in Bleach and Ichigo's Hollow transformation

@Mr. Calcium
Makes sense. And that make things easier to understand, the whole mask thing. Either way, amazing job on the character, Calcium!

Thank you thank you. I have had the concept for this character in my head for quite a long while now but just didn't find a good fantasy style RP for it

Well, I'm glad to have gave you the opponunity to use it.

@Beowulf
Well done, Beowulf! I love the blood forge idea and concept behind his cursed items.

I updated the list! Also, slowly growing a hatred to working with BBcodes, they just don't do what you want them to do, sadly.

Yeah but it's the easiest code to work with for people not into programming. (Sadly enough lmao)

Reactions: Supremacy
Name:

"I have many names..."

Chulainn of Eire

"Jack of Dames"
"Teller of Tales"
"Hero of Silver Isle"
"Collector of Tales"
"Bloody Baron"
"Life Gambler"
"Phantom of Eire"
"King Slayer"

Appearance:

TheMasked_zps1e8f2z94.jpg

"Handsome, no? Oh, the mask? What can I say? Beauty fades, my friend."

Chulainn is a middle aged man with a healthy and physically impressive physique. While he is aged, and growing more so as time goes on, he maintains a youthful vigor. His hair is light blonde, and he often wears his facial hair neatly trimmed. Over the last few years the color has begun to fade from his hair and his face has begun to wear. Chulainn is a fairly tall man by human standards, standing at about 6'3". His body, kept strong through training, is well muscled and defined, built well to perform acrobatic maneuvers and feats of strength. Brown eyes show signs of aging as well, revealing a wisdom and yet a spark of wit and mischief.

12bb81ace8024838cba618ad2e01ee15_zpsbknp21bb.jpg

Source of Power:

"Hard work and Lady Luck."

Chulainn is a man of many talents, learned and honed over several years of training and study. He has fought countless battles against a multitude of enemies.

Domain:

"Where I lay my head is home. A maiden's bed is my preference, though."

Chulainn doesn't call any particular location home, and hasn't for many years. In his youth he was from the island nation of Eire, or, more specifically, the port town of Elshire. These days, he spends most of his time roaming, a wanderer, traveling from village to village, town to town, seeking fame, fortune, and thrills.

Followers:

"Only followers I have are the maidens chasing me to mend their broken hearts."

Not being a Lord of any variety, Chulainn doesn't have any legitimate followers. Though, he is renowned enough that most people will know of him through his various names and deeds. His love of stories and penchant to tell those stories also grants him a sort of following. An interesting blend of fame and infamy.

Personality:

"Who am I? My dear friend, I am a living legend."

Chulainn is a man of renown, and also ego. Throughout his life, he worked hard to create a legacy, to be a hero that would go down in history. As such, he holds tightly onto his laurels, but never rests on them. However, he does often pine for the past and lament his lost youth, partly why he began wearing the mask. He is typically polite to people, but also egotistical. Ever the notorious flirt, Chulainn enjoys wooing women, and especially bedding them. This particular vice has gotten him into trouble many times, but never any he couldn't handle.

While he enjoys the pleasures life offers, Chulainn has never been one to over indulge. He's always endeavored to appreciate what he had, and strived to do more good than harm. Chulainn has never seen the gods as more than tales of grandiose beings with unimaginable power. However, not being one to shirk tradition, he still fairly often paid tribute to some of them.

Strengths:

Swordplay
Dueling
Athletics
Sleight of Hand
Storytelling
Precision Throwing
Charm

Weaknesses:

Egotism
Arrogance
Wanderlust
Mortality
Aging
Vulnerable to Magic
Fear of Prophecy

Their Climb to Power:

Chulainn was born in poverty, raised by a mother who worked as a merchant, and a father whom served the Lord or Eire as a soldier. When peace became the norm, his father no longer received income from the army, and began hunting monsters and criminals to protect the town from dangers. It was this life that he was brought up into, the life of an adventurer. From a young age, he trained hard time become a skillful warrior and a legendary hero. Fortune favors the bold, and Chulainn was no exception. As a teenager, he became an adventurer, taking on the greatest quests he could find. Believing from the beginning that he was destined for greatness, he pursued ever greater challenges.

Unfortunately for Chulainn, he was right. One night, he was greeted by a young woman, claiming she was a witch of great power, and that she saw the future. More specifically, his future. She claimed that on that night, whoever took on a great quest, and defeated the beast, would become a great hero. However, they would pay a terrible price. The greatest of heroes suffer the most tragic of fates. In his youthful arrogance, he challenged her visions, and took on the quest. Though he succeeded, he was wounded severely, and worse yet, a great war quickly erupted resulting in thousands of deaths. This included his family and many of his friends.

Chulainn himself fought in the war, slaying countless men. The war was short, but brutal, and Chulainn himself secured the final battle single handedly. He became known as a hero, a title he flaunted and enjoyed, but that also ate at him. His guilt never left him, only made worse when he was faced with another trial of his fate. The witch from years before reappeared to him, telling him again of prophecy, and promises of greatness. In return for knowledge and said promises, she asked only that he give her a son. Youthful naivete, of course, won out again, and he agreed.

Many trials and stories followed, various adventures and tales of grandeur. It took many years for Chulainn to realize that the prophecy of an early but glorious grave were consistently avoided at the last minute. He could never decide if it was cowardice, or simply an inability to grasp fate by the throat. It had been many years since he had seen the witch with no name, just another reason his wandering became the norm. Now, Chulainn spends his days searching for another great adventure, one to top all the others from his past. In some vain way, he hopes to one day fulfill the destiny he was promised, to become the true hero he knows he could be. His fears often reflect being forgotten, or that this great prophecy of his life was wrong. In his dreams, he sees himself in his prime again, in lavish surroundings, women adoring him, people telling tales of his deeds and celebrating him. While he wades into battle among the legends of old, defeating the greatest foes humanity ever encountered.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
I do hope he is to your liking, everyone. I can add more information if requested, and I do apologize if the same format isn't the preferred one for mortals.

Yeah, I guess I never really thought how using the CS would be for a mortal. But you did an amazing job at it regardless.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
There was no reason for that, you nailed it! Since we have enough players and characters, I will try and write up the IC. Once that is done, we can begin posting and work out a pattern that works out for everyone here.

Hi, you are still accepting apps?

Yes we are, Skull.

Reactions: OnI6470
Hi! If y'all would have me, I'm considering making a character. I think probably a mortal...

Status
Not open for further replies.