The Different Schools

The shadow stands under me as if waiting expectantly. Like it knew something was coming. Hunter didn't care. Let whatever come come. Maybe i could get a drop out of it. His eyes widened in horror. He shook those thoughts out of his mind. The shadow was mouthing something like a roar. All of a sudden some black things on the ground darted away. Shadows? He watched as they shivered and ran away from his own. He almost laughed. It was funny when his "Shadow" made stuff scatter sometimes. They looked goofy. It made him feel less clumsy. But his shadow was waiting again. It sensed something Else. Suddenly he fly it too. The stiffness in the air. The dark scent. Death..... He couldn't believe it. His imagination was in truth. Becoming reality. Was death the hall monitor? Not good. He knew know why his shadow was waiting impatiently it was ready for all hell to break loose. And then. Hunter would ave to fight. Because he could't go back to class. Not now.

Trouble. Trouble. Trouble.

It was all the shadows had transmitted back to her as if something just scared them away. What the hell was going on with that kid? Safiya closed her sketchpad. She wouldn't be able to concentrate now. She started tapping her fingers lightly on her pad. This felt bad. Real bad. Her eyes darted from the door to the wall clock. When the hell is the teacher going to arrive? Jeez.

Trouble. Trouble. Trouble.

The word kept on humming around her fingertips. Should she send more shadows to see what's going on? What good will it help anyway? Safiya always thought there was terribly wrong with putting a bunch of freak-ass kids with freaky-ass powers all in one place. Her fingers continued on tapping restlessly for awhile until she smelled something burning. Then she saw it was a part of her sketchpad being burned from her fingertips. "Damnit!" She immediately blew them out and checked if any of the drawings were damaged. Thankfully it was only the cover.

She decided to send another batch of shadows to find the dude and see what the hell was going on.

He watched the shadows again. This time the shadow extended its arm and something dark shot out f its hand. It cleared a path wiping out a few shadows. His eyes widened and he raised his sword and stabbed it in the ground. It split the dark beam avoiding the others. What if that hurt somebody? he thought this but a voice returned. Don't car. Don't like 'em. He sighed. He looked at the black sword and then started wandering the halls might as well put a distance between him and the reaper.

Edmond listened quietly to the shadows. It was strange to hear what was happening. It was like a tiny bomb was going off and soon it would just erupt into something massive. He sighed through his nose and realized he honestly didn't care about this class in the least. What was going on outside was much more interesting.

His entire body was engulfed in shadows, pulling him through the floor it seemed. In an instant, he stepped out of the shadows on the wall near where Hunter was. "Hey." he called gently, gaining the others attention. He was aware that his shadow seemed to be doing its own thing, but he honestly wasn't too worried about it yet. He nodded his head toward some double-doors, "Why don't we get you that blood before you completely lose yourself, hm?"

She felt the sharp disconnection from her shadows like a thin blade on her skin. That has never happened to her before. What the hell was up with this guy? A part of her wants to go and try to catch him but her bitchy side was telling her that she shouldn't be sticking her nose in someone else's business. She groaned and decided it was best not to piss off the school administration on the first day. Whatever the guy was up to, he didn't want her getting involved and she was fine with that.

He looks back. He pauses. "You know. I couldn't agree more." He sighed with relief edmond scared the crap out of him just now but he was over it. He was still worried about the reaper. Just leave me alone and we'll be fine. He hated grimmy. That was his nickname for death. The demon always wanted to fight him for some reason. He tossed the cup to edmond. "I'm not going out there. As i am now I am barely hanging in there." He knew this was true.

"Fine by me then." The halls were basically deserted anyway, seeing as everyone was in class. Besides, the few students who still roamed probably didn't give enough fucks to care what they were doing. He caught the cup with ease and held it at waist level, hovering his other hand just a few inches above it. A shadow from under his arm snaked out and cut into his palm with ease.

Blood spilled forth immediately, dribbling into the cup in a crimson stream. Nothing about the current task phased Edmond. He'd had to do this on more than once occasion. After filling the cup with several inches of blood, the shadow reappeared and wrapped around his palm, stopping the flow. He was just a little dizzy now, but again it wasn't something he couldn't handle.

He handed the cup back to Hunter, "Hope it helps."

I was holding my breath watching the process. He took the cup and nodded his thanks. The black veins disappeared and his face seemed less dark. The dark aura was gone. The shadow seemed normal. But it still wasn't His Shadow. It just calmed down. His muscle tone seemed firmer and he actually seemed well put together. And he was actually handsome. He seemed graceful. He still acted the same just looked better. "Thanks. It was all i needed." He sighed. He walked back to class. Everything calm. But as soon as he walked bad in students had their eyes glued to him. They didn't fear him anymore. He sat back down in his seat and the other students slid their desks back in place. he sat down with so much as a sound. He seemed very... Elegant. As if he were a sculpture that was moving and living. again he thanked edmond.

Kelkov sighed as he watched Hunter race out of the classroom. He really didn't see the problem with killing random people he didn't know if it meant keeping yourself from murdering countless others in a fit of bloodlust. Then again, he didn't know that much about vampires. Maybe he wouldn't go crazy and kill indiscriminately; maybe he'd just get sick and weak until he fed. Regardless, Hunter had made it clear that he didn't want Kelkov's brand of help, so the brunette simply settled back into his seat, grateful that the chaos had taken itself out into the hallway where it was no longer his business, nor his responsibility. If Hunter wanted to refuse such a great opportunity, well, that was his business.

He caught the scent of smoke before Safiya did. His expression twitched into something more like amusement when a small flame ignited on her notebook. Was she pyrokinetic? Kelkov gave a low, dry chuckle as she quickly put out the fire before it could spread. He hoped she wasn't as impulsive as his pyromaniac friend, though it certainly seemed that way.

Thankfully, Hunter and Edmond returned, and the vampire seemed much calmer. It was pretty obvious what had happened. Kelkov nodded towards the pair in acknowledgement. "Feeling better?"

When the kid walked back in again Safiya looked up. He seemed... different. She raised her brow at the other shadow-manipulator and then looked at his empty chair. How'd he do that? "Interesting," she mouthed to herself before pulling out her sketchpad again. She looked at the drawing she made of the vampire and saw some dissimilarities in his features. Her brows furrowed. She didn't like making mistakes. She looked back up at him and then back at her drawing. She tapped the page twice before deciding to leave it as it is. She liked the emotion on this drawing and she didn't want to change it.

Safiya turned to a fresh page and started sketching faint outlines of the other shadow-manipulator. Might as well get something done while the teacher isn't there yet.

The effect of drinking the blood was still in effect. Everything. In his eyes seemed beautiful even the smallest of things. He admired so much and he acted normal at the same time. He looked at kelkov. He put on an amazing smile " Fine thank you. I feel amazing right now." he went back to looking down. He wanted to just admire everything. But he knew there was work to be done. But.... Where was the teacher?

Hs shadow would twitch occasionally but it didn't attack the other shadows like it did earlier. Hunter opened up his notebook and began to write. He was working on a story. And he was getting into it as well. His eyes lit up with every word he wrote.

Edmond plopped back in his chair and sighed. His hand stung slightly, but it was easy enough to ignore. He offered the best smile that he could muster (he didn't smile much) toward Hunter, "Glad you're doing better. It wouldn't have been pretty if you'd gone awol on the school, yeah?" He looked at Kevin next, "Where's the fuckin' teacher? Do we get to leave if he doesn't show?" That'd be pretty fucking cool.

He was wondering so as well. But he worked out that there was no one at all. He didn't really care. He was into the story he was writing. He loved every minute of it.

Chapter one finished.....

"Hey, anyone know where the teacher is?" Kelkov called out, raising his voice to get the attention of the rest of the class. It would be a shame to miss out on not only the first class of the day, but one of his favorite subjects as well. Although the first day certainly had been an interesting one to say the least; if the teacher was AWOL, it would just be the icing on the cake.

He reached for the small pack of cards in his pocket. If they didn't get to leave, he could always kick up a game of poker to pass the time. Now there was something he really enjoyed.

Safiya looked up when someone called everyone's attention. Where was the teacher anyway? She looked at the guy again. Daaaamn, he was tall. She wondered what his damage was, why he couldn't belong to the good-old boring normal world. His facial structures were highly interesting and he was dressed better than half the boys in their school. But that doesn't, in any way, mean that he was dressed well at all. He just so happens to look better than more than half the boys in the perimeter. Maybe she'd draw him next after little Mr. Grumpy over there.

Edmond smirked. Awesome, they were so getting out of having to care about history. He looked to Kelsey, "I don't mean to be rude, but what was your name again?" He honestly just couldn't remember.

He saw the cards next and sat forward, "I'll play a game with ya to pass the time."

He closed the book. The effect wore off and he got bored. "This. Sucks." he looked around. He paused just remembering stuff. He looked at the girl who was drawing everyone. He still seemed neat but now his senses were at aa stronger level, the only thing was. He was still bad at talking with girls. "H-hey. Um W-why did you send those shadow things after me?" He was focusing on talking and trying to keep his face from being red. Wasn't doing so good at it but hey, He was trying.

"It's Kelkov," he said with a chuckle as he fished the miniature cards out of their box. "I don't blame you for forgetting, it's not exactly typical around these parts." He looked around, seeing that Hunter was busy chatting it up with the pyrokinetic girl. Hm. Guess it would just be the two of them, then. "You know Texas Hold 'Em? I don't have my chips on me, but we could keep score some other way, I guess."

Safiya looked up from her drawing, just noticing now that this guy's face was actually quite interesting. She gave him a playful smile, his stuttering was kind of daffy. "Curiosity," she shrugged, answering his question. "And a little bit of guilt. Probably shouldn't have tested the whole demon/vampire theory."

"I'm Safiya," she said, extending her hand towards him. "And you are?"

"Sorry. I'm just bad with names." He scooted their desks closer, "I can play. I'll keep score on paper. I'm great with numbers." He flipped open his notebook to the first empty page and pulled out a pencil.