The Different Schools

"It's a personal favorite of mine." Kelkov looked around at the rest of the class. The idle chatter around him was a welcome change compared to the noise back at the assembly. He swore he felt a headache coming on. He'd long since gotten used to his sensitive ears and the way they made everything sound so much clearer, and even learned to use it to his advantage, but the roar of the crowd had still taken its toll.

"Math is my favorite." Edmond replied, "Numbers just click with me. They're easy to remember, unlike all this other trivial bullshit." His memory was awful. History never stuck, English just confused him, and science was the least useful thing ever. He practically had to relearn it every year. Not numbers though. They always stuck with him.

He wasn't sure why his memory was as bad as it was. His brother's was fine. Probably a genetic thing or maybe someone had knocked him over the head in just the right spot. He didn't really dwell on it.

"Seriously. Who needs to know this shit? Fuckin' no one. It's useless."

Once he was sure everyone was in class, he returned to his office, sat down, and began reading the book Prognosticus. He deeply read, reading every sentence more than once, making sure he read accurately. "Oh no...." He said out loud, widening his eyes in fear.

The poor guy was still in the gym for most of the class period. When next he looked up the gym was empty. He had no idea what he was suppose to be doing. He was trying to recall what class he had to take next. It was either social studies or algebra. Algebra. His favorite subject. His dominating subject. Is algebra. He got up and checked his schedule. His eyebrow raised slightly. Social studies. He was cussing down the hallway. Then he remembered. Wait this school is weird enough. He wonder what would happen if he was late for class. He imagined a grim reaper flying after him with a hall monitor badge on. He shuddered and then ran very quickly. He ran throughout the entire school. running into a lot of bathrooms as well. A girls one on a occasion. He had a stiletto flying narrowly missing him red in the face shouting sorry. He finally found the class he was looking fr and opened the door slamming it shut behind him. He looked around and smiled scratching the back of his head. "Ehehehe....."

He took a seat in the back and listened for what little bit of class was left. Somewhere in the back of his mind was whispering to him darkly. You need it. You want it. Doesn't matter who it's from just take it! Blood is what you need and you have a huge variety around you. Feed greedily and feed readily my friend. Blood. .... Blood..... Blood....

Chad, who had returned to his post outside of the school, opened his eyes at the strong feeling of fear. He focused on the source, letting his feet wander until he stopped outside if the Head`s-Rez`s- office. He entered, his head bowed respectfully to his employer as he knelt, as called for by his elfin upbringing. Or, rather, what he felt came from his elfin side. He couldn`t remember. He spoke. "Sir?"

Edmond quirked an eyebrow at the idiot who'd just burst in. The hell was his problem? Class was way too lame to get that worked up about being late to it.

He rolled his eyes as the kid took a seat next to him. It was getting too crowded back here. The shadows under his desk pawed at his legs comfortingly.

He turned to the newest idiot to join the class and offered a sharp-toothed grin, "You act like you been chased by a ghost. You okay?"

Noticing the guard of security, he quickly turned the page in his book, making it look like he was done reading that page. "Oh h-hello Mr. Sugg! What brings you here?"

Connie walked in and gave Rez the discipline report. She ran a hand through her already frazzled hair and let out a long, tired sigh. Her smile, however, was still bright. Connie smiled. "Hello, Mr. Sugg. How are you?"

--------

Acacia noticed the boy and went back to sit with him. She smiled at him and offered her pale hand. "Hello, my name is Acacia; I-I'm a new student here. What's your name?"

Hunter looked at Edmond. His irises red, veins black around his arms. "N-no I'm fine. Just having... issues........" His eyes turn back tot he dark purple. He looks to his right and sees the girl. He wasn't good with girls. He was bad with them since day one. But, hey who could blame him for trying? "H-hi, um... Acacia, My hunter is name..." He paused for a moment listening to what he just said and wanted to hit himself in the forehead. He corrected himself and shook her hand. " My name is Hunter...." And he put on a warm friendly smile.

Safiya looked up at the dude who just burst through the door. Oh, good. Her muse was here. Now she could see the details better. She liked that his eyes were purple and that he was infinitely awkward. She turned back at her drawing, not really caring for the world around her. Maybe she should be like that girl named Acacia, trying to make friends and everything. But she's got her shadows and she didn't need anything else. But she felt another entity aware of the shadows and she looked at them playing at another guy's feet. Interesting. Maybe she could do something fun...

The shadows on his foot turned into a shape of a hand and grabbed his foot. She chuckled to herself before pretending to go back to her sketching. So what if she had a little bit of fun? She does have a demon's blood in her after-all.

Kelkov started to say something about how those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it when the newcomer flew through the door. The well-dressed man laughed a bit under his breath as the other took a seat two desks down, next to Edmond. His moment of entertainment was cut short, however, when he noticed it. Hunter's eyes...and his arms. His expression told the rest of the story and confirmed Kelkov's suspicions. It was the same one he'd seen in the mirror many times before, just as he felt the unrestrained anger start to take hold over his mind. He couldn't be sure what exactly it was, but this man was holding something back, something that he desperately didn't want to get loose. Kelkov saw Hunter's eyes turn back to normal - at least, he hoped dark purple was normal for him - so thankfully, he knew Hunter was able to control it to some extent, but the brunette's expression still turned to one of concern.

"Hey," he said, leaning over Edmond's desk, "you sure you're alright?"

He freaked out a little When Kelkov got closer. He knew that the man did not seem to friendly towards him but he responded almost absent mindedly. staring at the shadows that were under edmonds desk slyly. He wasn't staring directly at them. but a simple flicker and dilation of the pupil let him no there was someone else that was using those shadows as well. He looked back up at kelkov and nodded. "Yes... I-I'm fine....." He looked around. Did he do something to deserve all this attention? He wondered before leaning back in his chair. The whispering in the back of his head still repeating itself. Blood... blood..... blood... blood.... blood.... blood.....

He passed for a second looking back in another direction through the corner of his eye. Was someone drawing him? It was a girl too. Strange. He didn't feel like he could be some fascinating thing to be drawn. He almost was amused by it. Almost. He looked bad up at Kelkov.. "Anything else you are concerned about?

Edmond leaned back slightly to let Kelly get a better view of Hunter. He looked the man over with mild concern, "You sure? You seem kinda... Spastic."

The shadow's gripping his leg startled him. He hadn't told them to do that. He relaxed his mind a moment, spreading his consciousness throughout the room, trying to figure out where exactly the order had come from. Was there another shadow manipulator in the room? He wasn't sure how he felt about that. The shadow's had always been his safety net, the one thing he always knew he could count on. If he didn't have that, then he was left completely exposed. The thought made his skin crawl.

He found the source at a girl sitting not too far away, bent over her sketch book. He considered for a brief moment killing her, but realized quickly that was a terrible idea. He really needed to calm down. A shadow swept over her leg instead, testing.

Hunter hearing Edmond say that almost laughed. Spastic isn't the word. he hid a smile shaking his head. "No I'm fine Just a little... I guess you could say.... hungry?" He looked around clearly fascinated that anyone paid him any mind at all at this moment. Either he had done something awesome or something stupid. Plus these people seemed to not sense the overwhelming darkness surrounding him. Clearly a lot of the other students did and were treeing to be slick and scoot their desks away in all the commotion. He wanted to look down embarrassed. Bb]ut he kept his head up. He was curious about the shadow manipulating going on between the wo. SOmetimes his shadow would move but thats because it wasn't really his shadow. He was starting to lose interest. fat. even though this is the first time so many people payed him any mind he had a short attention span. Which in his case. wasn't good for school.

"Hungry?" Edmond quirked an eyebrow at the odd response. Normally he'd suggest a trip to the vending machines, but there was something very off about this guy. For one, his shadow seemed disconnected from him in a weird way. Not that anyone else would notice, but he could always sense things through the shadows. For another, the eyes and the veins earlier were definitely off. And, really, even without all that, this was a school for the different. Of course there was going to be something off about him.

"Are you a vampire or something?" He asked, crossing his arms out of habit.

Rez read the discipline papers for a moment before sighing and putting them down. "Mr. Sugg, there's a student named Hunter in Social studies right now. I need you to watch over him for the day. Here's his picture." He handed him a picture. "Just don't make yourself obvious."

He looks at Edmond "Is it so strange if I am?" He sighs. He knew that he would be questioned a lot. Just not THIS much. He looked left and right. and for the first time today he actually realized that people that these people realized how strange he was. He just smiled and scratched be hid his head. Blood... Blood.... Blood.... he sighed. "Is there anymore questions?" He sounded a little irritated. He was hoping this would end soon. Before he got loud and might actually start a fight. He felt the shadow below him twitch as if in anticipation. He knew what it was doing. His shadow was flashing a razor sharp toothed smile. No one could make it out though. Which he was glad for. He kind of just wanted this class period to end. Please god let it end!!!! But e didn't hear the bell yet. Which made him let his head fall down slamming into his arm on the desk.

Edmond felt the shift in the shadow and it made him very uncomfortable. He reached out and put a hand on Hunter's shoulder, "Hey, listen. No one's judging you here. Everyone's got their own secrets and abilities and shit, ya know?" He felt kind of bad for the guy. He knew what it was like to feel like the outcast, "I dated a vampire for quite a while. If you need a drink or whatever, I don't mind meeting you behind the school or something." It seemed like the least he could do. He knew vampires could get very dangerous when hungry, though how dangerous sort of varied from vampire to vampire. He could only guess that Hunter was pretty dangerous.

He sighed. Well at least someone offered. He could only accept the offer, "thank you. But, I don't think i should bite someone as i am right now. I know this sounds pretty stupid but when i get very thirsty I kind of want to drink out of a cup. It's a, erm, well i over do it sometimes when i bite people." This was true.The last person that actually let him had to go to the hospital for loss of blood. It was still fresh in his mnd. He didn't want to take any chances with other people. It felt odd actually. to have someone let you bite them and such made him fee nervous. But at least the shadow had settled down. It seemed it was rathe disappointed.

"That's fine too." He sat back in his seat, "If you get your hands on a cup, I don't mind cutting my palm and bleeding into it." He had a very high pain tolerance. Nothing could possibly be more painful than being held down while your torso was cut open autopsy-style so people could poke around at your organs. For five years. "Sorry if that seems creepy. I just thought I'd offer."