The Different Schools

He took her hand shaking it. "S-so you did try to test me! My name is H-Hunter..." He stammered. Talking just wasn't working for him. He was embarrassed and He knew his face was red. He couldn't help it. But one thing is for sure. This school is definitely the best one he has been in so far. He was pretty sure that she loved toying with people though. So he tried his best to keep his guard up.

As he nodded and shuffled the deck a few times, he overheard Safiya introduce herself and mentally stored her name away. He was always good with details about people. Years of practice will do that to a person.

Kelkov dealt the cards and took a quick peek at his hand. Not a bad start, he supposed. Not that it mattered; he had the perfect poker face. Card games were something he was just naturally good at, and he prided himself on his high win/lose ratio.

"Hunter. How befitting. But I suppose you don't enjoy it very much when you're the one being hunted, do you? Seeing as how you basically destroyed my shadows." Safiya kept her smirk. He was red as tomatoes! How cute.

She looked over at the shadow-manipulator and the tall guy playing poker. Were they even allowed to bring cards to school?

Edmond took his hand carefully and glanced at them. Not bad, he supposed. He had a decent poker face, but that was likely because he literally didn't care. He wasn't too worried about winning, he just wanted a distraction. He let his brother win at games all the time, so losses didn't phase him much anymore.

"Destroy you- What are you-?" He looked down. He felt as if his shadow were giving him a sly smile. "You wouldn't believe me if i told you that wasn't me?" his shadow was basically laughing it's ass off. The bastard. He sighed. "I... I am sorry... B-but to be truthful. I-it really wasn't me I-I promise...." He shifted around slightly he actually felt bad. WHile his shadow was laughing his ass off watching hunter blush and stutter. This is fucking hilarious!. ​He heard that loud and clear in his mind and his face turned even redder.

Safiya saw his shadow laughing at him. It was strange but she still has yet to decide whether she liked his shadow or not. "I believe you, don't worry. No offense but... what are you?"

He looked up. almost confused by the question. Wasn't it obvious? "I-I'm a vampire..." He thought about her question and realized something. "O-oh. You mean what type... I-I'm a meister class vampire." He actually felt proud to be one. It was rare to be one of those. "We a-re a special group. We can control very powerful weapons." He smiled.

"Interesting. Never met one before. So what's the deal with your shadow being all bitchy?" Safiya thought it would be better to take advantage of the opportunity. He didn't seem like a new student, so maybe he'll know where it is. "Do you know where the room for Pre-calc is?"

He shook his head no " I don't know where it is. This is actually my first year...." He looked down at his shadow then looked up at her. "He, Um, well... Apparently i got the strongest one out of the bunch. But no one told me he was a douchebag." He stomped the ground where the shadow was. He did admit this the shadow was an asshole. But it was actually his best friend. He couldn't part with the shadow for the world. Nor was he able to.

"Hmmm, pleasant." Safiya said, the shadows around her safely tucked under her chair. It was interesting to see so much shadow activity here. It was pretty much the only thing she got the hang of using. She could never control her fire and her handle on water's not very good either. "It's alright, thanks. What time are we supposed to get out of here anyway?"

"U-um... I have no idea..." The shadow was now pissed off at him for calling it names so a dark hand reached out and punched the hell out of him. He just smiled trying to ignore the attack on his leg. The shadow was satisfied with the punch and went back to normal. Asshole. is what he heard in the back of his mind. He almost laughed. He looked up at safiya. "Anyway, The shadow below me is the 2nd dimension manifestation of my sword. Which is made out of a demon soul. They actually are suppose to listen and obey. But this ones kind of strong. I have to use a lot of my energy just to keep him under wraps...." He was talking as if off in another world. He was like that when he explained stuff. He realized what he was doing and snapped out of it. "S-so then. What are you?"

She scoffed. "I'm not nearly as cool as you. I'm just some boring half-breed blessed with the siren's songs and cursed with the demon's blood." Safiya looked at the shadow again and got an idea. "I'm curious, a siren's song is supposed to make anyone and anything calm or obey. Mind if I try a little song?"

"We can skip the blind bets to make this go a little faster. Shall we start with, say, a hundred points each?" Kelkov rested his arm on the back of his chair and announced his bet if the answer was positive. He stared at Edmond with an entirely blank expression, as though daring him to play his best.

"That sounds fine." Edmond nodded and jotted it down on the piece of paper. He held his cards in front of him and looked them over. He didn't see himself winning this, since Kel... Kelkov? That sounded right. Kelkov seemed pretty serious about the game. That was fine by him, as long as he didn't have to sit there in boredom.

Safiya sat a bit straighter, thinking of a song she heard once on the radio.
'Lie downThe great giant
Quietly go to sleep

Your troubles, problems and complaints will disappear
You'll relieve your pain for a while

Look how stars twinkle
In the garden cicadas begin their song
Stop your fight for you desire the dream

Though it's still summer, autumn is in the air
Now go to sleep
Close your eyes, forget for a while
You really don't have to be afraid.'

The shadows settled themselves comfortably around her feet, seemingly as if sighing away. She's always had a deep passion for singing, but she could never really figure out if she was good considering a siren's main job was to lure sailors into their death by singing to them. She watched his shadow's reaction, rather curious if the same applies to demons.

The demon stood there. At first it acted normal. Then it twitched. The shadow bulked up and became a huge lumbering beast under me. It was held back by chains, The song was riling it up. In the back of my mind I heard Kill Kill KILL KILL KILL!!!
Hunter covered his ears at the shouts of the demon and then the black sword appeared in his hand and he stabbed it into the ground. Shattering the shouts of the demon in his mind and breaking her song. He was breathing heavily. "s-sorry about that..... Your song was beautiful...." He looked back at the shadow and his sword. the black sword that on one side it took the shape of a saw blade. On the other it was a smooth and amazing blade for clean cuts. He held out his hand and the sword disappeared He looked ashamed. He was embarrassed. "Again... He isn't a normal demon. So maybe he was to strong to fall under your song...."

"Cool sword," Safiya commented, unfazed. "That was the most interesting experiment I've ever done." She looked around and noticed that some were looking at her with glazed eyes. Perhaps she was singing louder than she thought. "Damn," she clapped her hands loudly, and they all continued with their lives as if nothing happened. "Well, thanks for that interesting experiment." She gave him a genuine smile. Hopefully, this doesn't discourage him from talking to her again.

Kelkov started to lay down the next cards they'd need, when he froze. That singing...where was it coming from? It was beautiful, captivating even, but he couldn't pinpoint it. The thought troubled him. He was always good at pinpointing sounds. But...no, wait, it was that girl. Safiya. He looked over at her, expression blank for an entirely different reason. She was just as lovely as her voice...so perfect...

Just as he started to rise to his feet, he felt energy rapidly leaving his body. His eyelids were like lead, and he hadn't the strength to hold them up anymore. The world turned on its side as he fell. He felt the cold of the floor meet the side of his face, but the thought barely registered in his mind. He was so sleepy...maybe he could just...rest his eyes for a bit...

And just like that, Kelkov was lying on the ground, unconscious.

"Oh shit!" The large dude fell unconscious on the floor and Safiya ran towards him. "I did not expect that to happen." She took his head in her hands and placed them on her lap, using it as a pillow for the poor guy. Man, he looks so much better up close. What the hell, Safiya?! Focus! She tried to gingerly pat his face. "Hey, hello." Damn, he was out pretty badly.

"Does anybody have some sea water?" Damn, wrong question. "Water of any sort?" She exhaled deeply. She should really just stop singing. "Oh, dear." She moved her hands around his face again, trying to nudge him awake. She placed her wrist on top of his mouth, checking if his breathing was normal. "I think it'd be better if we took him to the nurses office and let him sleep there for awhile." She looked up at the other guys sheepishly, as if to say 'sorry, didn't mean to do that.' She'd do more research later about the side effects of hearing a siren singing. But right now, they should probably get this guy off the floor.