The Dark Carnival Sign Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good. I'll have my post up asap!

Mylanta! I wanna join this so bad and make a clown but I don't think I'd be able to keep up.

I have so many RPs going at the moment... +wrestles with himself on this issue+

I would really love to join this also it sounds like a lot of fun.

tumblr_mfbwqda2541rhdp62o1_r1_500.gif

Name: Elspeth, the Snake Mistress or "Basilisk"

Deformity: Snake scales on some parts of her body. Most noticeably around the edges of her eyes, which are also a golden color, with the pupils slitted. Other parts with scales include her back and her wrists, and a little on her hips and the back of her legs. Elspeth can also make snake fangs protrude from her upper teeth, capable of using actual venom to kill or hurt others. Her eyes have a special power to petrify if one looks into them directly for longer than one second at a time, which is the favorite part of the Ringmaster about her. She is often used to capture and detain anyone trying to escape him due to her eyes.

Act: Snake Charmer, Dancer and Singer. Elspeth can talk to and understand snakes, and even manipulate them to her liking. She is also able to use a flute and a staff, and aside from the snake language she is a very skilled polyglot. She has a 'silver tongue', so to say, with a very beautiful voice that is often called hypnotic.

Elspeth's voice does have a hypnotic and eerie quality to it, with which she often uses to charm and calm down infuriated snakes. When used on human's, she's able to put subtle suggestions in their mind to 'nudge' them to do what she wants, or put them to sleep.

Another, and the last 'gift' she has is casting illusions. She has a gift with playing with the mind, often making others see what isn't there. This is another gift that the Ringmaster takes advantage of, especially since Elspeth is quite submissive towards him and wouldn't protest to using it on the other performers.

Personality: Elspeth is a calm and quiet person, not really hostile to others. However, she prefers the company of her snakes to actual people. Some think she even cares more about snakes than humans. Even if she doesn't speak often, she hears a lot of what's going on from her snakes, and while she fears the Ringmaster, she has a grudging respect towards him. She is submissive towards his orders and his whims, having lost much of her own will to get out of the carnival.

Appearance:
[spoili]
maxresdefault.jpg

Miku_by_kntfan010.png
[/spoili]

Being quite beautiful and striking, she is one of the eerily grotesque yet lovely creations of the Ringmaster. Hair that shines a lustrous blue or teal shade, resembling water, is tied up in twin tails on either side of her head with velvet pink and black ribbons. Around her slender neck is a blue and black collar with a chain, as a circus 'freak and pet'. Her facial features are perfectly symmetrical, with a small and straight nose, and full, rosy lips, her high cheekbones framed by shorter locks of her striking hair. Hidden behind Elspeth's soft lips are a pair of snake fangs that she can protrude and elongate at will.

Elspeth has the body of a dancer, with elegant shoulders and a slender frame at 5'5". Being a young woman, she has a developed body with a small waist and full hips.

Had her life not gone the way it had, Elspeth would have been considered truly beautiful. But now that her body has been changed according to the Ringmaster's wishes, scales now on the sides of her temples and around her eyes, her eyes no longer their former teal color, most would either be fascinated with her or disgusted. The scales on her skin and back are all real, and cold and smooth to the touch.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Phi Chisym
Oh, drat. Is this for roleplayers 18 and above, or characters should be 18 upwards only? xD I may have posted wrong here, then.

Name- Nick Sadistic
Demon_by_Emeraldus.png

Gender- Male

Age- Looks in his 20's, age unknown to most

Deformity- Has a red tail that is always out, there is no hiding it, he has demon like powers.

Act- Magic show

Personality- Cocky, but you will get to love him.​

@NickSadistic
There's already a magician... Don't know if the GM wants two magic shows or not. But, if you want to keep the magic show, then perhaps our charries can work together in the show. Mine's Meric...the Magician who's bonded to the Ringmaster.

Maybe my character and his can work together? I think I'd be a neat act with a tame/ magic show
Idk where I want to go with mine and maybe the ringmaster pairs the magician up with her and makes him do an act? Idk up to you

@Phi Chisym

HA! I can see the disappearing lionkin who appears mysteriously in the crowd or drives up in the clown car along with the wolfkin charrie! Or, he changes her back into a human right before everyone's eyes - they'll think she's just been in costume this whole time, but we all know the reality of it all. IDK...my brain's fried right now.

HA! I can see the disappearing lionkin who appears mysteriously in the crowd or drives up in the clown car along with the wolfkin charrie! Or, he changes her back into a human right before everyone's eyes - they'll think she's just been in costume this whole time, but we all know the reality of it all. IDK...my brain's fried right now.

loving this idea

though I think it'd be more interesting, since the magician is tied to the ringmaster and obviously the ringmaster is a morbid son of a bitch, that the ringmaster make him do morbid things like remove her arm or tail, etc? If that makes sense.

Though I dont know if your magician enjoys being tied to the ringmaster or not, idk up to you on that one

iF IT DOES HAPPEN THAT WAY I think it'd make a more interesting story if its a surprise that they get paired, and since Payton is so young she would be resistant torward the magician

up to you

though I am getting hyped for this idea

• Love
He's not too keen on the whole idea of being teetered to the man, but the longer he's glued to him and the more he's used by him, the more of himself he loses. Meric is slowly forgetting who he is and turning into the servant The Ringmaster wants him to be. So, any sort of human connection he happens to receive - from the other older members of the carnival staff who knew the man he was before this mental transformation or from new members who gives him a daily dose of feels to remind him that he still has a bit of soul left - will slowly help alter The Ringmaster's handy work and possible break the chains attached to him.

So really, Payton may very well be someone who awakens a small spark in him, reminding him of the people in his life that is no longer there; showing him he still has a reason to fight and a soul to fight with. I know in my old history he has a older brother and a younger sister...if I'm recalling correctly...so that will work.

Marietta might end up being a big sister to Payton. She doesn't have siblings, but always thought it would be fun to have a little sister that she can teach how to dance and dress her up in her tutus and such. So, that would be something to play around with - having Payton dance with her during one of her balancing performances.

• Love
Reactions: Ayla
That sounds cool!

So who do you want Payton to be in the act with? The Magician or...?

Either way im super excited; Payton has been really fun to roleplay as since she is so young and everything so im excited to see where this goes

this thread better not die I will be so sad lol this is such an amazing concept its insane

Speaking of it, I looked back and there's been a second knife thrower posted by @Kiltra Mar. I posted one first. So, how're we gonna work that out?

Also, I could understand his character getting fidgety when people sharpen his knives, you're not supposed to sharpen throwing knives. Bladed, yes. Sharp, no. A case of "just the tip", if you will.

This roleplay is really shaping to be something interesting. ^^ I love Marietta's design, in particular. The marionette idea is pretty neat~

• Thank You
Thankie, Hana! :3 I'm actually trying to draw her out the way I see her, but time and work is really slowing me down (and my occasional OCD when it comes to illios).

Ayla, I'll try to get my post in soon for Marietta. I'm suck with projects at work slowing me down. Also, trying to find a decent place to open for Meric, but I have to speak to the GM on that first. Um, when it comes to Payton and them too, honestly, she can work with any and all carnival members; I think. I don't see it being a problem, but we can see what the GM feels about it. I like the idea of the acts working together, cause then they all get to interact no always as prisoners but also as entertainment working together. It might allow for them to learn of each others weaknesses and strengths and they can figure out ways to utilize their strengths in order to escape. O.O!

Excuse me, can I know if my character has been approved or not?

I believe the GM hasn't been on in some time, is there perhaps a co-GM that could jump in to accept all our forms?

I think Beautiful will approve everyone, mainly cause it brings more to the RP. I can't say one way or the other until I get a hold of her, but I don't think there's any problems with anyone's charries, except the doubling of the magic act and the knife throwing act.

My suggestion with those is simple - the one who post for their character first gets to keep the act. The other person then either works with that person and shares the act, or comes up with another act for their charrie.

Here are a few ideas for anyone needing a new act, or for those who are interested in signing up.
Clowns
Jugglers/Plate Spinners
Stilt Walkers
Tight Roap Walkers
Bike Tricks
Hoop Twirler
Fire Tricks
Acrobats/Rope Twirlers
Human Cannonball
Pet Tricks (Dogs, Bears, Elephants, Ferrets)
Lion/Tiger Cage (Believe someone has this)
Martial Arts Team
Horseback Trick Rider

Also, you can have a charrie that is like within an act. Like a Lion type charrie that goes through an act by the Lion Tamer. Or a Dog type charrie doing tricks for the Pet Trainer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hana
Let's wait for the GM. I don't think she has assigned a co-GM yet in her place.

The snake charmer idea was mostly taken from Kuroshitsuji, lol. Though I got the look from Hatsune Miku in the Synchronicity series of videos. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.