The Dark Carnival Sign Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to help where I can. Right now, I really just need to post. :/

Alright, posted for Meric and a little for Marrose. It's a quick summary post of the few events leading to the group heading to the showers. I guess, to get things moving again, everyone who is still going to stick to the RP, just post something small about your shower and dressing in the new costumes you're given.

Then, we'll all have them wait in the locker room until Meric moves them to the Big Top where The Ringmaster will probably be. This way, all those who are going to say can post in and everyone else can be eliminated.... Well, there's alligators in the sewers and poisonous scorpions crawling around the showers - someone's bound to die in there!

I'll probably be on more than normal, but still slow. Things are getting better, but I'm not out of the woods yet. Helena, just let me know what and how you want to go about actions here via PM, and I'll continue to try to keep this up for you. If you want something changed that I've posted here, let me know and I'll change it. I'm just wanting to help you keep things going decent enough while you're away, but not too far to where it's too difficult to catch up.

Character Sheet (Requesting "Veteran" Character)

Jonathan "Suicide" Monk

Male, 33 years of age.

Deformity
An additional (non-human) chromosome set of unknown origin was spliced into John's body. This additional chromosome, known as C24, allows John to seemingly avoid dying under many circumstances. Wounds close rapidly, and blood seems to be absent from even the most severe of cuts or punctures that he might sustain, among many other unusual things. John feels the pain, and suffers as though we were to die each time he suffers the damage. However, rather than dying, he merely passes out, and wakes to his body fully recovered. This seems to be a personal joke towards John's past, as he was well known in his former life for his depression, and failed suicide attempts.

This might seem as a blessing of immortality to some, but it comes with its negative impacts. John suffers vivid hallucinations, nightmares, chronic seizures, and random bouts of psychosis. He is also now covered in the scars of years of abuse to his body for the performance of the Act of Undying.

Act
Undying Act

John is known to the crowd as "Suicide Monk", as his act causes him to kill himself in unique, and sometimes ritualistic ways; only to somehow return to life after the event.

Personality
John's personality is often indistinguishable of who he once was prior the new life in the carnival. His countless "deaths" have left him mentally scarred, and he often has trouble distinguishing between reality and his hallucinations. These impairments have left John cold and taciturn. At times, however, it seems that an inner voice within him calls out for rebellion, escape, and redemption, only for his tortured mind to keep him from fully carrying it out.

Appearance

John is a white male with long black hair, dark brown eyes, and a deep voice. He stands at 5'9'', and weights approximately 180lbs; carrying a lean body type.

mind_freak_by_darkestshadowwolf_zpsgrm5bplc.jpg

Hey guys. Haven't forgot about this one ;3 will post really soon ^^ and @Adriaan_de_Hexe I love your guy :D

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Phi Chisym
Alrighty! Working on my post. Finally!

Just checking on everyone. If needed, I can help move the costume scene more, so we can get everyone who's been posting in to the Big Top to meet their new master.
Everyone else who hasn't posted yet can already be at the Big Top waiting - like they were the first group of carnival members Meric herded in for changing before coming to our group.

Let me know if that's okay?

Aye @Phi Chisym I think we should move to that. I am back from my trip and good to go :3

Alright, I'll see what I can do.

Is anyone else around? If you are, if you can move your charrie, let me know. I don't want to express action for anyone if they're still around to do so. But, I will do another role call within this post for all who's signed up. From there, I guess, the ones that haven't responded since the RP started can be uncomfortably removed by The Ringmaster. (He deserves to have a few killjoys, right?)

Then, Broken Beauty, you should create a banner and call for more people. We can add them into the next major scene in the Big Top. It all depends on what BB wants to do, but I'm all for coming up with creative ways to keep a RP alive. There's more than one way to - keep a cat alive when you skin it!

Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Aye. Here as well. Had some family issues, but I will post in days to come though maybe we should skip to the training before I do idk o3o

Reactions: Hana
Okay, I'm having some company drama going on with myself, guys - moving production to a new facility is actually difficult even if you're a small business. Thought it would be easy, but I didn't realize I'm literally splitting it into two locations, which requires more organization and thought. Therefore, I'm going through a slow phrase right now, but will be working on my post - hopefully - this weekend.

Reactions: Hana
@Ayla I tried to move things along with a post. Elspeth helped Payton with the shower and changing into costume, I'm just waiting for your reply. :) You decide what costume Payton would get ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.