The Crusaders

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man raises his left arm letting the chains rap around his wrist before using them to stop him from shooting foward. He raises his knee to block Tosens kick which slides him back into a wall from the momentum. The man presses a button on his dagger making it glow red before citting the chain around his wrist . " nice try" the man says drawing a pistol with his left hand and starts to fire shots at Tosen .

Tosen holds his hand up creating a shield made from shadows and trys to stab the man from across the stairs with his extremely long blade trying to get into a higher position which would allow him to fight the man off with more offensive and lethal strikes. Tosen fires a barrage of shadow spikes from the ceiling down on his opponent.

The man steps to the side trying to dodge Tosens sword . Tosens blade manages to slice through his his armor and flesh on his left hip . The man leaps further down the stairs dogeing the spikes raining down from the celing. At the same time he tosses a grenade in Tosens direction before rolling down the stairs. The man tumbles a few stairs before pushing his self up to land in a crouching postion on a step . As the grenade explodes the man uses the time to inject his wound with a stim pack that would stop the bleeding. " no wonder yhey offerd me double" the man says reloding his pistol and dashing back up the stairs . He throws a flash bang into the smoke before firing random shots.

Tosen uses the explosion to help him go up the stairs but the force of the explosion throws him against a metal door. "I'm going to feel that in the morning." Tosen then sees the flash bang and is able to get one eye covered with shadows. "You fucker." Tosen decides to try to do his triple slash at the guy the three slash's are down one aiming to cut the guy in half at the hips one to cut him from the hip up to shoulder and the third to take the mans head off.

The man lowers his dagger to block the first slash as he aims his pistol at his own waist .
" bang" the man says before shooting the grenade on his belt causeing it to detonate using the blast to blow him away from Tosen . Slaming into a wall and landing onto his knees . "I wonderd why they offered me double for this job" the man says catching his breath . Though his armor was made to wistand large impacts he could still feel the effects. "Who knew i would be fighting a super" the man says chuckling as he pulls out out another device with a needle on it . " fuck it" the man says injecting his open wound with a substance that the militia called super drug. This drug was the same substance that Blockade from the legion would use .

" if i kill you, i can up my price " the man says standing back up and holding his dagger out . "Not to mention that sword of yours will catch me a pretty penny "

Tosen is thrown back by yet another explosion but uses shadow walk to go into the shadow on the wall he was going to hit and stabs his blade out of the shadow under the guy he was fighting covering his blade with shadows planning to have shadows enter the wound and destroy the enemy's veins, organs, and muscles form the inside. "They ripped you off unfortunately you wont live to see that money only to be fair they should have offered you ten times your normal pay for me and I doubt you could take this cursed weapon off my body."

Thanks to the super drug the man quickly leaps away and lands infront of the metal door at top of stairs. " your right , i was ripped off " the man pounding on the door two times . The door opens revealing four militia soldiers standing guard .
" i would of took half the price if i knew was only up against a one trick pony.... FLASHBANGS ! NOW! " the man orders the militia to begin tossing there flash bangs .
" keep em comin" the man says before running down the stairs drawing another dagger . " then ill take it from your DEAD BODY!" The man dashes in a serpentine pattern as he converges on Tosen .

Tosen jumps back into the shadow since he didn't fully emerge from it and covers the opening with a spiked shadow shield to block the guy as well as the flash from the flash bangs and sticks his hand to come out another shadow near the militia guards and sends a wall of shadows with shadow spears, swords, staffs, to come out to kill the militia men and come after the other guy.

As the mans dagger clashes with Tosens shadow shield He presses the buttons on his daggers causeing them to glow red as he cuts the shield in an x pattern before performing a duck roll to his left .
" plan b" the man says pulling out a trigger and dashing down the stairs before presseing the button causeing explosions start to go of around the lower end of the building they were in .
" decoy is comprised, take the hostages to seconde haven and meet me there" the man orders through his com as he dashes down one of the hallways befors leaping out a window and using his daggers to slide down the next building .

As Killstroke, Apex and Blitz left for the mission to take down the militia group and there leader. With them gone Behemoth was left with the remaining Crusaders. What Dragoness said bothered Behemoth. There was truth in her statement but running straight into danger against a enemy they knew nothing about. "I wouldn't call anyone of us expendable. The death of one of use means we are down one member. I happy you will respect my wishes and not put yourself in unnecessary dangers." With that said he let Kisari continue. He wasn't going to argue her getting her revenge on Geno. "If you want him he is yours but just be ready for anything he might throw at you." He told her. The next thing caught his interest is the claim she made. "This man has the ability to jump bodies? Interesting, I never dealt with something like that before."​

• Love
Reactions: SilentxChaos
Offering a smirk and shaking his head at Jake's rebuttal of 'but I meant to do that!' Owen was about to reply until they nearly ran over several police officers. The police cruiser wasn't so lucky though and was completely flattened by the enormous tank. Owen looked behind them at the damage before turning back to Jake who already knew he was in trouble. "Jake!" He scolded. 'it was their fault!' His teammate replied. "No, it wasn't, what did I just say about focusing on one thing at a time?" He snapped while looking behind them again to see if anyone had gotten hurt. Owen found something to hold onto while Jake literally took them for a spin to face the oncoming tanks. The excitement in Jake's voice and reference to some military movie didn't do much to settle the look of uneasiness on Owen's face as they pressed forward. "Well I hope that movie had a happy ending." He said with concern building in his voice.

When Jake gave the command to fire, Owen flipped a few switches, turned a dial or two and hit a sequence of buttons. He had no idea what he was doing but he did manage to fire a high powered shell at one of the tanks. The resulting explosion succeeded in tipping one of the tanks onto its side, causing one behind it to crash into it as well. "Huh? Oh! Look! I got em!" He said excitedly before quickly settling down. "This is getting ridiculous. I'll go out and provide air support, we need to take these tanks out as quickly as possible, or there won't be much left of Atlantic City." Opening the hatch, he flew out into the ammunition filled sky. Homing in on one of the tanks, he landed on its hood and used his strength to bend the cannon upwards so that it was no longer able to fire. Leaping from the first tank he maneuvered through the gun fire to try and disable another.

Kill Stroke follows after the man not letting him get too far ahead he jumps out the window after him not to worried about the fall and sends some acid filled shadow balls at the man one aimed in the direction he was sliding one aimed for his dagger hand to damage the mans weapon and one aimed for his midsection. "Dodge that bitch."

It had taken a considerable amount of time to find the absurd frequencies these seemingly rogue communications were coming from, but when Ava tuned in, she didn't know what to make of them. A few things stood out to her, like "Atlantic City", "Apex", and most recently, "Super Killer Kitty." Still, listening in, she quickly realized they were going to oust a terrorist militia, and what she heard from latent comms indicated they weren't having a good time.

While it seemed they were certainly a superior force, it also seemed as though they could use some assistance - and while she couldn't exactly help too much directly, she could certainly provide some level of support. Getting a drone to New Jersey wouldn't be too hard, she could send her support quadrotor in on the larger, faster courier plane. It'd be there in a matter of minutes. Deciding to commit, she set up the launch on her computer, set the drone oath and the drop point, and prepared the drones themsves for the trip. Swaddling the quadrotor inside the courier plane's payload compartment, she set it up on her launch rail, and finalized the procedure on her computer.

"Drone 1, "Swansong", ready for launch. All systems nominal." She had nobody to coordinate with, but it helped her focus to stick with the formalities. "Drone 2, "Little Birdie", ready for deployment. Gun is armed, ammo is full." Opening the window, she counted down. "T-minus 10, 9, 8..." Returning to her computer, she readied herself to press the button. "4, 3, 2, 1... Swansong, Launch!"

Afterburners fired into the metal plate at the back of the launch rail. The rail system sprung forward, lurching the vessel forward to void the need for acceleration. It would be there and back in about an hour thanks to Ava's savvy engineering. Incredible, considering she lived in Wa-er, the other side of the country. There's a question of where she got the materials, including the jet fuel, but that's more or less irrelevant - she did the absolute best within the technology constraints of the modern age.

While she tracked her drone, she listened to the latent comms to get a better feel for the situation. Who were the good guys targeting? What were their parameters? What did the good guys look like? Actually, as she thought of it, she considered sending a communication to accrue this information more easily. Funny enough, she found the idea of social interaction with people she didn't know scarier than the idea of being caught with homebrew jet fuel and explosives by local authorities. Still, she needed to me sure she wasn't shooting at the wrong people.

Swallowing, Ava opened a communication channel. "H-hello? Can you hear me?" She stammered for a hot minute before squeaking out something coherent. "W-what's happening in Atlantic City? I want to help. I might not be able to do much directly... B-but I think it'd help to have some eyes in the skies. I can help." In waiting for a response, and while listening, she readied data on her drone and streaming content to send over the frequency.

Reactions: Ko T'suno
Fima thrust a stale potato chip into her mouth- and then nearly choked when a girl's voice suddenly broke through the team's communications channels. She'd been contentedly watching Apex and Blitz's antics with the stolen tank, while suspiciously eyeing Kill Stroke and the unknown he was fighting. Doubtless Kill Stroke could handle himself; probably better than any other Crusader when alone. What captured her attention was his opponent, holding his own ground. Her teammate was quickly gaining the upper hand, however, and the rest were handling things alright. Enough so Fima hadn't even noticed a new comm channel appearing on the Crusaders' frequency until the stammering voice popped into her ears.

How the hell did she manage to key to our frequency? Fima thought as she straightened herself and brushed crumbs from her lap. It was a surprising feat considering how difficult the Crusaders' comms were to trace. Curious, Fima moved a hand to her laptop and linked up to the comm channel. She paused when Kill Stroke's display caught her eye. The unknown was backing off; something flashing in his hand. Suddenly, half the building exploded. Her screen went dead- then rebooted a moment later with an outside view. The unknown crashed through a window moments later with Kill Stroke behind him.

Fima ground more chips between her teeth, feeling unease settling. Watching Kill Stroke's suspiciously, she finished typing commands into her laptop and opened the stammering stranger's comm channel. She left it open for the rest of her team to hear but sent a ping through their new channel. It vanished within an instant of being born. Perhaps a helping hand would be useful to Kill Stroke and the others but she wanted to know who this newcomer was, and where they were.

As her activated tracing program began following the channel to its origin, she spoke to the newcomer. "This is Reflection of the Crusaders. Who the hell are you?"

Out of options the man releses his dagger and free falls to the ground landing on his back . He slowly removes his mask and tosses it to his side before looking up at Tosen . " you supers are full of your selves" the man says couphing up some blood . " heros, villians ,monsters , freaks , obominations..... your all the same.." the man spits blood infront of tosen as he slowly pushes his self so he could lean his back on the building wall. " hmph.... its a matter of time before the world starts to realize it" the man says grinning at Tosen ready to die.

Meanwhile

" nice shooting " Jakes says turning his head just as Owen flys out . " owen?.....hey wait! Whos gonnn...... " Jake quickly stops talking before climbing into the gunman chair excitedly.
"Bang Bang Bang " Jake screams out as he begins to press buttons untill shots began fire .
Doing his best to keep the aim on the tank infront of it . One of the enemy tanks gets a lucky shot on Jakes tank disabling its controls .
" no no no nooooo!"Jake screams dramaticly as he climbs out of the tank. " im gonna fuckin EAT YOU!" Jake yells as he mutates into Apex and rushes at the tank . After he quickly destroys his the tank . Apex looks up at Blitz . " im over this blitz! I want a beer!" Apex says looking back at his broken tank

Obviously, the question of "who the Hell are you" would come up, but Ava couldn't reveal that just yet. She had to know these people weren't those secret agent types that killed people who knew too much. "I'm... Y-you can call me Little Birdie. Y'know, l-like 'a liitle birdie told me...'" Just like secret agent types, however, she detected a tracing program hunting her down. It wasn't something she was unprepared for - she had several firewalls and three proxies to evade detection on a federal level, but for all she knew, they could be able to trace her beyond that.

That thought rang in her head and caused her to build anxiety. Her paranoia started to show and she panicked. She had to stay focused, though, and she felt her thoughts clouded by anxiety. She was losing ideas. "Could you not run that tracking bug?" sounded like a dumb question to ask, but it popped out. Speaking was only a bit easier behind a computer screen. "Er, I mean, look... Okay, I know you have no reason to trust me, and I'm sure you know that feeling's mutual, but it'll be easier for me to think if I'm not worried about you sending some, like, superninja from Mars or something to kill me. I'll prove you can trust me in Atlantic City, could you please just tell me what's going on?"

A man sat hunched over a bar, a drink in his hand and blood running down the side of his face. This man looked beaten, with many bruises and cuts decorating his open arms. He wore a leather vest with a tank-top underneath, his jeans were tattered and he wore a pair of dark riders boots. He sat up and downed the rest of his drink as the bar tenders shift changed, a familiar face strolled up and began to poor him another.

"Had another rough day eh Nick?" Chucky said as he screwed the cap back on the bottle of whiskey. Nikolai looked up at the other man, an older gentleman who was missing an eye and a leg. The man had served in Vietnam and ran this bar, the Veterans Vice, this place was a safe haven for soldiers who fought through the issues that they'd encountered in war. Nikolai liked it here because there were other warriors here, people that fought for a living.

"Yeah, it was hard time smashing up Cola's crew." Nikolai said as he sipped his drink, "One of his boys slashed me up really well."

*********Earlier that night*********

Nikolai wore his usual attire as he walked down the side alley behind Cola's warehouse. It was in the middle of the city, but there was significant gang presence around it. Nikolai found a window towards the back of the place and looked inside. The light was on and there was a man at the urinal. Nikolai pulled his pocket knife out and flicked it open, he wedged it under the lip of the window and attempted to pry it open. No luck. Nikolai put the blade back in his pocket and put his open hand to the window. His power allowed him the ability to pull the sound energy from certain areas with some concentration. He set a bubble around the window and then pulled back his elbow and slammed it through it. He reached through the window and unlocked it before pulling it open and climbing inside. The man at the urinal heard Nikolai's boots landing and quickly turned around while zipping up his pants.

"What the fu..." The mans sentence was interrupted by a boot landing square in his crotch. He hunched over and Nikolai brought his knee into the man's nose. The man reeled backwards clutching his nose, he quickly swung a left hook at Nikolai that connected with his face. Nikolai took the next move and grabbed the man by the collar, landing a kick in the man's knee he brought him down so that his face was in the urinal. Nikolai proceeded to mercilessly beat the man's skull into the lip of the urinal. The porcelain broke and Nikolai proceeded to drop the man's head to the ground. He checked the man's pulse and pulled the knife from his own boot before cutting the man's throat.

"Asshole..." Nikolai said as he walked to the door of the bathroom and looked into the hallway. First he looked right then left, on the left side he saw 2 men at the end of the hall. It was clearly Cola's room. Cola was a local pusher, he had several underlings that worked the surrounding neighborhoods and sold for him. The man could afford body guards, and these two men looked dangerous. Nikolai popped his head back in the bathroom and frisked the man he'd just fought. He found a Glock-17. He ejected the magazine and checked it, full. 10 rounds would be enough for the men at the end of the hall. Nikolai peaked his head outside and raised his finger to the light above the bathroom door. He forced a concentrated sound wave from his hand and the light shattered. Nikolai peaked down the hallway now in the cover of the dark and lined up his first shot. He raised the pistol to head level of the man on the left and squeezed the trigger twice, one bullet landed next to the man's head and the other connected with his head. The man next to him drew a submachine gun from his side and let loose a hail of bullets down the hall. Nikolai squeezed the trigger a few more times as he ducked back into the bathroom. A bullet ripped through the door frame and cut through Nikolai's shoulder. Splinters of wood landed in his shoulder, he shouted.

"Fucker!" Nikolai said as he blindly fired around the corner. He heard a grunt and sprinted into the hall, the man had been struck in the stomach and before he could raise the Mac-10 again Nikolai sent a wave of sonic energy towards him. The man was bowled over and Nikolai threw himself on top of him before putting his hand to the man's forehead and letting loose. The man's head exploded from the vibration going through his skull. The door at the end of the hall opened and another man stepped out weilding a large knife, this man wasnt very large and appeared to be of Asian decent. There was a moment where Nikolai was kneeling on the dead man's chest and looked at the small guy. The knife wielding man rushed forward and began slashing, Nikolai threw his head back and rolled backwards before popping up with his hands at the ready. The man slashed through the air and drew blood from Nikolai's arm, the man twisted the blade and tried a stab. Nikolai slapped the mans hand away and landed a punch to the guy's mouth, the man went for another slash and cut Nikolai's arm again. In an angry state Nikolai grabbed the man by the shoulders and headbutted him, landing his forehead in the mans nose. The man cut through Nikolai's stomach and drew a bit of blood as Nikolai jumped back.

"Die already!" The man said as he jumped and landed a side kick into Nikolai's temple. Nikolai was dazed for a moment before he was struck again, he saw the man was going the stab him and caught his hands. Nikolai looked the man in the eye and began to force the blade to turn around. The other man fought against him but Nikolai was the stronger of the two, he forced the blade backwards and then rammed it into the mans stomach. The man's face contorted in pain, Nikolai felt the mans grip relax and ripped the blade to the side cutting open the man's stomach. The man fell to his knees and Nikolai pushed him over before he walked to the door and checked the man he'd shot in the head earlier. On him was a Mac-10, Nikolai picked it up and held it in his left hand. He grabbed the door handle and twisted it but the door did not budge. Nikolai put palm to the center of the door and let a wave of sound energy go through it. He could see on the other side a large brace and that it was held together by hinges. He began pumping more energy into the door to rattle the hinges and after some time the hinges shot off. Nikolai heard a shotgun blast from inside as the door fell in. He took cover beside the door and reached his gun hand around the corner spraying into the room. He heard a scream and put his left hand out and let out a high pitched frequency. He quickly turned the corner and saw Cola sitting at his desk clutching his ears, Nikolai had a wide smile on his face and aimed the Mac-10 at the man's head as he let the frequency dissipate.

"Hello Cola," Nikolai said his accent showing, "Long time no see."

"Who the fuck are you man?!" Cola shouted as he tried to manage his hearing pain, "I dont know you."

"No you dont, but I know you Cola. I know you've been pushing some heavy shit around here, and moving it through some more serious channels too. You're going to tell me about who the hell you get it from... or I'm going to make you very uncomfortable."

"Fuck you!" Cola shouted. Nikolai landed a punch in the man's jaw and then sat on the man's desk. He flipped through some files on the man's desk and tossed them to the ground. He grabbed Cola by the hair and slammed his head into the desk.

"Who?" Nikolai said lazily aiming the Mac-10 at Cola's knee, "You've got 5 seconds."

"I'm not telling you shit," Cola said through bloody teeth. Nikolai squeezed the trigger and let the gun go off for several seconds. The dealer's knee looked like it had been torn through by a large caliber round. The man screamed and clutched his leg while slamming his hand on the desk. Nikolai grabbed the man's leg and squeezed tight.

"Tell me," Nikolai said squeezing harder, "Or this get's much worse..."

"Lupé Cortez!" The man shouted, "Lupé Cortez! She pushes everything up from Mexico and brings it to several dealers in the area. She's who you want, she brings it in by boat. Pier 69, ship called the De Santa. Just leave me alone man!"

"You wont hear from me again I promise," Nikolai smiled and put his hands on the side of the mans head, he began emmitting a loud sound directed into the man's ear drums until they shattered. The man cried as he shouted, but he couldnt hear his own voice. Nikolai looked at the man and smirked.

"Enjoy life."

*********Present Night*********
"Yeah, Cola'll be out of commission for a good while..." Nikolai said finishing off his tenth drink. Chucky smiled and patted Nikolai on the shoulder. Nikolai winced and Chucky pulled his hand back.

"Ya done good kid, keep it up around here and you may need one of them costumes." The older gentleman said with a smile. He hobbled back to the kitchen and pulled out a bag of peanuts, he began refilling the nut bowls around the bar. Nikolai looked down into his drink and swirled it around. He wondered what some of his old allies were up to. He had often thought about dawning the old 'Boomer' costume, but he knew his methods had changed allot since then. If he ever put on that spandex again he'd have to stop killing, not worth it. He slammed the drink back into his stomach and wiped his mouth before standing and preparing to go home.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Enrik could hear the boisterous drunken sounds as he stood outside with his back to the wall smoking a cigarette. His head looking towards the night sky. A sigh escaping him as he exhaled a lungful of smoke.

"Time to go in." He thought to himself as he flicked the butt of his cigarette out into street.

"Hey Enri, mind going next door and seeing if they have some ice, our machines being a fuck." Came the tired voice of Arik the owner of the Seven Sins Bar. "And bring Chucky this here angus, hurry lad. We got some tuili that are getting a bit rowdy." Arik added as he handed a pan full of steaks to Enrik who only nodded as he grabbed the pan and turned away to enter the Vetrens Vice.

"Oi, Chucky, Arik sent me over to see if you had some ice...oh and this here Angus is for you mate." Came Enrik's cheerful tone As he entered into the bar. His bright green eyes survaing the room with an almost unnatural gaze.

"Hey Enrik, Bring em over here son, n ice is in the back." Came Chucky's reply as he ushered Enrik behind the bar. "How the night so far?"

"I'm fine, might have some trouble tonight with the game and all." Came an apprehensive reply as Enrik walked past Nickoli. Enrik's eyes lingering on the injured man with an obvious curiosity. "Hope you won, mate." Enrik jeered as he passed by him on his way to the kitchen.

"Well here's to hoping it doesn't get too rough over there." Chucky stated as the young man made his way back with a bag of ice.

"Here's to hoping" Enrik chuckled with his naturally bright demeanour.

@HellHoundWoof (sorry for the written poop, my brain is mushy.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SilentxChaos
Nikolai was just closing opening his wallet to close out his tab for the night before a man walked in. The man had an Irish accent and made a sly comment on Nikolai's wounds. Nikolai chuckled and looked up at the guy. He had funky hair, a scar running down across his eye. Arm tattoos that looked tribal, ancient almost. Nikolai wasnt packing but he made sure this guy wasnt, anyone with an accent was someone to be wary of. He let out a small wave of sound, similar to a bats echolocation and could see this man had no weapon on him. If he was with one of the Irish gangs he wouldnt be around here unless for a hit. Nikolai tossed a hundred on the counter and smirked at the man.

"I dont ever lose." Nikolai said as he knocked his knuckles on the counter to get Chucky's attention. Chucky was storing the angus in his freezer and walked back out to grab his money. Nikolai walked out of the bar and Chucky looked towards Enrik.

"Watch yourself son, that man there aint nobody you want to joke with." Chucky said stuffing the cash into the register and sliding it closed, "Not sure what Arik told you about the area 'round here. But Nicky there keeps track of allot of shit on these streets."

@Ko T'suno

Never heard someone so...timidly brash. Fima munched on her snacks in consideration. After Bael, even with Alice in his hands.... Fima wasn't interested in entangling with another stranger. But her comrades might need the backup. And she didn't feel malevolence from this girl, Little Birdie. She was surprised Little Birdie noticed her tracking bug so quickly, even though her skills were somewhat pronounced by picking up the Crusaders' channel frequency.

A dozen thoughts and scenarios whipped through Fima's mind before her fingers once more danced over the laptop. The tracking bug vanished. "Two of my teammates are fighting a militia in the streets. The other is in a one-on-one duel nearby the building with hay-wired electricity. If you want to help- back them up."

And if you betray us...well, you'll get what's coming to you, Fima thought with a smirk.

Switching over the channels, Fima ensured it was blocked from Little Birdie and spoke directly to Apex, Blitz, and Kill Stroke, "Heads up: except back up from a new friendly. Unsure if she can be trusted or not- watch yourselves."

@VerbalAbuse @KAZUAKI @Warm Regret @LoveandHate91

Status
Not open for further replies.