The Crusaders

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A relieved sigh escaped from Ava as the bug popped off, leaving her alone to her devices. She noticed something go awry in the frequency for a moment, but it quickly amended itself. Wonder what that was all about?

Whatever. Ava waited for her connection to normalize again before sending photos of her drones. "This is the backup I'm sending. The jet is carrying the smaller quadrotor inside. Just think of the quadrotor as my avatar. Umm... Feel free to call it Little Birdie as well. It's armed with a .22 gun I can use against unarmored targets. With the current limitations of technology, I couldn't get a larger calibre to work. I'll give you a live feed of the camera I installed on it, and I can take directions if you want me to scout a target."

She stuttered all the way throughout that lengthy explanation, but her being able to focus means she won't have anything to worry about. If she gets shot at, the worst that could happen is her drone breaks and she ends up disappointed because she has to make a new one.

"I'll be dropping by soon, as soon as I drop the quadrotor, your feed should be live."

Last edited:
By continuing to employ a more humane way to diffuse the situation, Blitz, true to his code name, barreled into the side of one of the tanks, much like a flying football player. It was impressive that his slim and toned physique was able to put out such strength. The impact successfully turned the tank onto its side rendering it inoperable. Once the two criminals inside came crawling out, Owen hoisted them through the air by their collars and successfully dropped them into police custody. Looking back to see how Apex was making out, he flew over to him after the tank he was riding in was damaged. He arrived in time to hear how upset Jake was about his tank being ruined. Blitz hovered in the air near him and folded his arms while shaking his head. "I'm sorry they broke your new toy but don't pout, you can't just quit the mission. There's plenty of other tanks we can take back."

Owen winced as soon as the words came out of his mouth. He was mostly kidding but Jake had the tendency to take things so literal that he was sure Behemoth would give him an earful when Jake tried transporting one of the tanks back to base. Suddenly, part of the building they were trying to secure exploded. Shielding his eyes from the blast, he looked at Apex worriedly. "Wasn't Killstroke in there?" Before he could fly off to go and check the perimeter, he tuned into Fima's voice coming through their frequency about help being on the way. He wasn't sure what that meant and assumed that someone else from the team was coming to join them. Reaching up to his ear, he replied to Fima. "I'm not sure if you're getting all this but the building we were supposed to secure…well part of it just exploded. Is Kill Stroke ok…and what about the guy who's behind all this?"

Kisari nodded her head, crossing her arms and shifting her weight uncomfortably. "I've encountered something similar before back home, however this feels different than that somehow. Instead of inhabiting real bodies, he inhabits skeletons of metal made to look human on the outside. He allowed us to terqa him apart so he could detonate his false body, switching into one of the battle drones I was having trouble with... And yet not a few hours ago he's on the news looking as if he'd never set foot in the blasted war zone." Her voice had taken on a contempt hiss as she recalled the events. She had been about to ask Behemoth if he had any ideas of how such a thing was possible, when an unfamiliar voice rang through the comms.

"What is going on now?" She growled, getting rather sick of all these surprises... Though little did she know about her teams' encounter with Bane while she had been facing off against Geno's explosives. Approaching one of the displays she hadn't tried to destroy, Kisari requested the feed from her teammates' mission. Just looking at the destruction had her itching to be out in the field, though she knew physically she wasn't in the best of shape. "I thought this was supposed to be a quick in-and-out assignment, what are you guys doing?" She barked, scowling as Owen mentioned Kill Stroke and his current status after the blast.

"If it were possible to get rid of him that easily, I would have done it already. He'll be fine." Kisari mumbled to herself, turning back to glance at Behemoth. "What's going on? This was supposed to be simple, how are we getting caught up at every turn like this?"

Enrik smile faded for monetarily as he felt eyes on him. His deep emerald green eyes darted over to Nikolai with a questioningly curious gaze. Was he sizing him up Enrik pondered as he set the bag of ice down and made a drink for a customer with an obvious ease.

"I don't ever lose." Enrik heard Nikolai stated with a strange air about him. It didn't seem like arrogance to Enrik, more like confidence that had been tried, tested and had remained true. "Hmm interesting." He went as he turned to Nikolai with a warm grin. "Should tell Arik that, it's been getting rough next door." Enrik added in a tired voice as the sound of glass hitting the other side of the wall made his shoulders drop for a moment. Before Enrik returned to his cheerful self. "Be safe mate may the Gods keep you in their favour." Be called out with a wave to Nikolai as the man made his way out the bar. Enrik's eyes keeping the man in his peripheral vision tell the door of the bar took him out of Enrik's sight. "Interesting…" Enrik muttered as he picked up the bag of ice and pondered over telling Arik about the curious Russian man.

Watch yourself son, that man there ain't nobody you want to joke with." Came Chucky's voice causing Enrik to break from his thoughts and look over as Chucky stashed the change into the register and closed it. "Not sure what Arik told you about the area 'round here. But Nicky there keeps track of allot of shit on these streets."

"Everyone needs a laugh here and there. Is he the same Russian that…" Erick started before he was interrupted by a sudden crescendo of voices from next door reminded him that he needed to hurry back to the Seven Sins, and from the look on Chucky's face he was about to tell Enrick to go back and help Arik.

"Well, seems like I'm being called.." Enrik jeered as he walked with the bag of ice to the door.

"Bye Chucky, thanks for the ice mate." Enrik called out as he opened the door and heard Chucky respond just before the door closed behind him. "Fuck." He stated As he looked around to see where the Russian had gone. "Damn missed him…" He muttered under his breath as he walked and opened the door to the Seven Sins with a stern expression.

"Pissin, Drunk again Tony?" Enrik yelled as he walked into the bar at a man at the bar, who up until that point had been yelling at Luka.

"Che Cazzo, Enrik 'is pompinara cut me off!" The man returned his Italian accent making his slurred words even harder to understand.

"Damn right I did, this knobjockey threw a bloody glass at me, after I said I wouldn't serve him anymore.' Luka interjected as he gave a sour look at Tony. "Fuckin right I did, who is he to cut me off Enri." Tony proclaimed turning to Enrik for support.

"What did we say about this? Told you throw anything else and your we're getting kicked out you poxbottle." Enrik started as reached the two. "Luka were is Arik, tell em I'm kickin a tuili out." Enrik added before giving Tony a sarcastic grin.

"Kick me out, you can't kick me out, you know who the hell I am?" Came Tony's angered response as he turned to face Enrik.

"We don't give a snakes scaley ass who ya are Tony, shove off before something bad happens to ya lad." Came the booming voice of Arik as he stormed out of the back room and hurridly made his way up to Tony, who turned and looked at Arik before yelling at him in Italian.

@HellHoundWoof

"We may be full of ourselves but we have the right to be we can do things that no other person can we also have the right to legally kill punks like you." Tosen really doesn't care what he thinks. Tosen aims the tip of his blade forward and stabs in forward aiming for the mans throat determined to kill this man here and now.
Tosen listens to the comlink. "Who the hell is the new friendly we don't need any back up here." Tosen says annoyed that they were sending in more people did it not look like they had it under control.

Last edited:
Nikolai began the short walk home and climbed the stares to his small apartment, one of the windows was busted out and a large blanket was stapled over it. On his couch was a cat he didnt own that had sneaked in through said window. Nikolai went to his fridge, he didnt pay electricity here so it was just a locker for his booze and ammunition. The apartment was lit through a streetlight outside and with minimal lighting and large quantities of alcohol in his system he stumbled through his apartment to his bedroom. His bed was the nicest part about it apart from the TV that didnt work, it was a temper-pedic mattress. One of his proudest purchases other than his Standard Mfg. DP-12
shotgun, which sat on a tripod aimed at the door with the handle hanging over the bed. He closed the door and pulled off his leather vest before pulling his shirt off and throwing it on the ground. He winced as his shoulder lowered. He went to the bathroom and grabbed his med kid. He walked to the window of his fire escape and slid it open before climbing out into the cold night. He looked at his arm in the light.

It was cut up, he'd need something to sterilize it before he went to stitches. He opened the kit and went through it before he found rubbing alcohol. He unscrewed the cap and brought the bottle to the top of his shoulder. He tipped it over and watched the blood mix with the alcohol as it washed away. He looked over his tattoos and saw that the wound in his shoulder was going to scar, he'd need a touch up. He reached into the box and found a needle and thread. He wet the string and pushed it through the eye of the needle, putting the string in his mouth he drove the needle through the top of his cut before pulling and driving it through bottom of the cut to the top, and repeated. When his large shoulder cut was sealed he grabbed a bandage and wrapped it around it. He set about cleaning and bandaging his other cuts before he recalled the one on his head. He wet a rag with rubbing alcohol before he rubbed his forehead cut clean. It was bruised and he decided it wouldnt hurt to drain it. He reached into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out his pocket knife. He set his finger on the assisted opening stud before whipping his wrist, the blade swung out and clicked into position. He carefully placed the blade right below the center of the bruise and gave it a small nick before he squeezed the excess blood from it. He grabbed the bottle of rubbing alcohol and close his eyes before splashing a bit on his face. He grabbed the rag and dried off his face before closing the alcohol and tossing it in his kit, he closed the kit and climbed through the window with it in hand. He set it on his nightstand and climbed into bed with his hand under the trigger of his DP-12. He inched himself into a comfortable position and grabbed the bottle of tequila next to his bed, he pulled off the top with his teeth and took a drink as he stared at his door. Slowly he let himself fall into sleep, darkness overcame his vision and he began to dream.

Reactions: SilentxChaos
" its not the same " Apex says smashing both hands onto a tank crushing it in . Apex picks up the crushed tank and tosses it into a group of militia . " screw this " he says leaping at one of the militia who were trying to get away . " come here " Apex says picking him up by his legs . "wheres your boss!" he says ripping one of the mans arms off . " dont make me ask again "
"ahg.... fuck you!!" the militia yells in agony .
Apex squeezes the mans legs crushing them making him scream even louder " what was that? " apex says droping the man onto the ground before resting his foot over the mans other arm . " where?!" " ugh..u...central building !" the militia pleas for his life. " you see was that so hard " Apex says stepping down smashing the mas last arm before continuing to walk . " kill strokes a big boy , he can handel hisself " Apex says as he begins to make his way through the streets leaving a path of destruction behind him . the more militia that he killed the more brutal his kills were . " im gonna kill the bad guy then go home and sleep " Apex says to hiself still annoyed that he lost his tank . not really listening to any one Apex dident here that the drone flying in was friendly and flings a car at it .

Ya know I don't speak Italian Ya arse." Came a disgruntled response from Arik who looked at Enrik with a "What did he say" look.

"Something about your mum and a goat..I don't know.." Enrik returned with a small shrug as he made his way behind the bar.
"Honestly I don't understand why you're angry Tony, it's not like you had a bottle thrown at you, also I do hope you know you are paying for this." Enrik added as he picked up a decanter of scotch Arik had given him from his last trip to Ireland from under the bar.

"Why am I mad, I come here to drink, and here I am empty cup and insulted by some piss ant whose young enough to be own child." Tony explained as Enrik poured himself a glass of Scotch and shrugged. "Maybe if you didn't act like a jackass you wouldn't be treated like a jackass. Ever thought of that? Now get out!" Arik interjected as Enrik took a sip and passed the drink to Luka with a slight grin.

"Che Cazzo!! Make me ya fat Brutto figlio di puttana bastardo!!!" Tony hollered as he stood off the stool and swayed as he gathered his balance.

"Enri,what in the sodding hell did he say." Arik called.

"Oh he called you an ugly obese bastard..just not so nice." Enrik explained as he once again moved from behind the bar to Arik's side."Get out Tony, last warning . Or you can explain to him why you got your arse beat."
Enrik added.

'"Ti ammazzo!!"

"Cagna, vorrei che si sarebbe provare!"

The two went back and forth with Arik and Luka looking at each other for a moment before their attention was pulled back to Enrik and Tony when the latter attempted to punch Enrik who ducked under Tony's arm and grabbed his wrists before pulling his arm behind his back.

"Look Tony, I don't want to have to hurt ya mate, but don't ever try that again. Ok?" Enrik said slowly so Tony could hear him as he pulled the man towards the door. His trip was cut short when he backed into a large frame.

"Who in the hells." Enrik asked himself as he large hands griped his shoulders. It wasn't long before the scent of mahogany and ginger filled his nose. "Adriano?" He asked as he looked back to find the large raven haired man behind him with a straight face.

"Che te pozzino ammazza!!!" Came an angry Tony's voice as he struggled against Enrik's hold.

"Sta zitto Tony, stupido cazzo!!" Came a sudden booming voice as a man dressed in a fine suit and tie walked in from behind Adriano. "But pa these." Tiny started before he was interrupted again by the older man's domineering tone. "Shut up boy." He commanded as he singled Adriano to take care of Tony, Who slung His head in obvious defeat.

" 'scuse me Eri." Came Adriano's warm tone behind Enrik's ear, as Adriano reached his arms around Enri and took hold of Tony's wrist. "Uh...yea Of course…" Enrik stuttered as he wriggled his hand from underneath Adriano's and ducked under his arm. "Nice seeing ya again Adri." Enrik stated with a warm smile. "You too Enri." He replied as he returned the smile. "I'll be right back." Adriano added as he turned and shoved Tony out of the building.

"Arik, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by my stupid as shit son." Tony's father's humble apology. "He won't be bothering you again, I'll make sure of it." He added as he made his way to the bar.

"No problem mate, he did break another bottle tho." Arik replied as he reached over the bar and grabbed a large decanter of brandy and poured himself a drink. "Want one Antonio?" Arik asked as he grabbed another glass. "Yes please. How much was the bottle my boy broke?" Antonio asked as he sat down and looked at the mess that Tony had made with an disapproving gaze.

"80$ I think I'm not sure, but here's ya drink." Arik said as he handed him a glass of Brandy.
"I'll have it replaced by tomorrow Arik." Antonio replied as he looked over to Enrik who was engaged in a conversation with Adriano, who had just returned from stuffing Tony into the car.

"Hear about the Russians?" Adriano asked.

This mission was becoming a little more complicated than Owen had first anticipated. He realized his mistake was believing that the mission would go as planned, despite having Apex and Kill Stroke as his teammates. They were clearly the most haphazard members of the team, with the possible exception of Kisari. In a way, he already had an idea of what he was signing himself up for when he agreed to go with them but at the same time, expectations and experience were two different things. By coincidence, he heard Kisari's voice over the comm link, sounding as displeased as ever. Owen smirked before responding. "Sorry dear, but you know the boys can be a handful." He replied. Kill Stroke suddenly jumped in over the comm and Owen sighed, at least he knew his teammate was alive.

Cringing, he turned away as Apex took his frustrations out on one of the militia, then frowned as he proceeded to throw a tantrum while taking it out on anything in his way. Owen decided to let Apex do his own thing for a while, he was more than capable of dealing with their target, hopefully he didn't level half of Atlantic City while doing it. After looking around him at all the destruction, he wondered if that last thought was a little too late. Before he turned to do some clean up, he noticed Apex toss a car at the drone that was monitoring them. Shooting into the air, he intercepted the car before it hit the drone but just barely. He remembered something over the comm about an ally and wondered if this drone thing was what Fima was talking about.

Holding the car by the bumper with one hand, he used the other to wave at the drone, unsure of who was looking at him on the other end. "Umm…Hello. Are you the support we were told about? Think you can help me wrap things up down there?" He asked while nodding his head down towards the battle field. Below him there were a few militia scurrying about as well as tons of damaged property and several small fires. It seemed like most of the battle was over now it was a matter of getting everything under control.

• Thank You
Reactions: VerbalAbuse
Apex watches as Blitz catches the car he had thrown. thinking it was just Owens need to keep the kill rate low ,Apex just rolls his eyes before returning his attention back to the fleeing militia . As he approches the atlanta city hall the milita could be seen setting up a perimiter around the entrance. " lets get this over with" Apex says leaping into the group of militia and begins to kill any thing that was near him. after a few minutes a man walks out holding a hostage.
with out hesitation the man shoots the hostage in the back of the head making Apex stop to look at him. a militia hands the man a speakerphone .
" now that i got your attention , l suggest you stop what you are doing " the man says ordering Apex to stop killing his men . Apex sneers before walking up the steps only to stop when he sees a little girl being brought out from the militia soldiers. " give me a reason " the man says holding the gun at the little girls head .

Apex growls viciously before stepping back down from the stairs. " so the beast has a heart" the man says chuckling . the man pulls the liittle girl to his side and rests his pistol on her shoulder.
" we have more inside , if you want to make sure they stay alive i suggest you keep your friends and any police off our backs " the man says before walking back into the building with the girl . Apex roars before turning around hoping that the crusaders herd what the man said .
Apex walks across the street towards a few police cruisers that were covering some of the atlanta police force . " do not force my hand"
He says hoping the police would listen.

"Entering the battlefield."

Ava engaged the drop and her quadrotor fell forva bit before working into a hover. Just as the camera starts up, Ava sees a car flying towards the feed. She screams, startled, and almost falls out of her seat. As she zeroes back in on the feed, she sees the man who saved her drone from instant destruction.

"Oh my God, what the fuck was that!?" Ava blurts as she retakes control of her drone. She sighs, then regains her composure. "Little Birdie is active, can you hear me?"

Whether they heard her or not, Ava could hear them - she picked up the militia hostage situation. She quickly zeroed in on Apex and found the ringleadet. He wore a helmet, so they were going to need an on sight sniper to hit him. Until then, she had no option but to scout. She stealthily panned her drone behind their defensive line. Their forces weren't large, so a great disturbance, a few of their allies' deaths, could cause them to break and offer an opportunity to disarm the situation.

"If you guys can see my feed, I have a plan. Do you guys have a sniper?"

Sounding more like a whistle than a growl, Kisari hissed through her teeth as she watched what was going on through the feed. "Many times people have referred to my people as primitive and barbaric... But not even we would hold children up as shields. This is an act that is unforgivable and should be met with as slow and painful a death as we can manage." As angry as she was about the whole situation, however, it was nothing compared to the confusion she faced upon hearing the mysterious voice speak again.

"Sniper?" She said slowly, sounding the word out and rolling it around in her mouth. The only thing she was certain of was that it felt wrong when she said it, making it abundantly clear that it was not something that even her home realm possessed. "Reflection? What exactly is this... sniper thing she speaks of?" She asked tentatively, not really in the mood to be made fun of for her ignorance but curious all the same. If there was anyone she could trust to give her a straight answer, Fima definitely had her back.

Fima froze the moment the captured girl flicked on to her cameras, held at gun point and faced with Apex. Till that moment she'd listen with only growing frustration at the whole scenario. And slight amusement. Now, she saw the mortified brown eyes of the girl, rimmed red from all her crying, and the stained tear tracks on her plump cheeks. Vaguely capturing the man's threat of hostages, Fima was reminded of the 24 Americans blown to bits in the middle of the Arabian desert. Killed, because she killed their only salvation. The man the Crusaders had thought was a terrorist leader. One bullet from afar; a massacre staining her hands.

Her fingertip's brushed the girl's image on the cameras as Little Birdie's request broke through, followed by Kisari's question. "A sniper?" she whispered. Her thoughts slowly began clicking together, revving up to their usual speed and she gave a nod. Fima keyed into the Crusaders and their new friend's shared comm. "I'm your sniper. Tell me your plan."

She keyed off again, giving one ear to Little Birdie's response, but also turned to Kisari. "A sniper is a gunman who shoots from long distances. Sometimes they're assassins, sometimes guerrilla fighters, sometimes spotters. They kill from high up and far from the origin of conflict...you remember when we fought those fuckin' Legion men in the desert? You and I fought Maximilion?" Fima asked as she entered her room but left the door open. The wall of surveillance TVs silhouetted her figure as she rummaged through and located her chrome "crusading" outfit. She tossed her clothes aside and quickly fitted back into it, dust and bloodstains still smeared the material. Trampling around more, Reflection eventually re-emerged with a shiny new mask covering her face and a black trench coat pulled over her outfit. "I was your sniper then. When I fired on the tunnel and helicopters," she finished- as if she'd not spent the last minutes looting her room of disaster.

Reflection then turned to Behemoth. "That stash of military-grade weapons still lying around?"

Reactions: WeepingLiberty
"We're going to need a seemingly random nearby explosion to catch them off guard. While they're shell shocked, you and I take out as many targets as we can. It shouldn't be hard, there are only three men readily able to shoot the girl, the rest I can take via flyby. Kill the ringleader immediately when the explosion gets their attention, then the one closest to the girl, then the third. Sleight of hand."

Zooming around to take pictures, the drone transmitted more data across the frequency.

"The explosives should be placed here, the explosion will be loud enough to put them in shock. This picture is the ideal firing position. From here, you have a clear shot on your three targets, with room to take out any in my range as well. I've counted seven targets. Maybe more hiding out."

She was focused on her task, not afraid of the socialization anymore. She would save that girl, it was the right thing to do.

"This will work, just stick to the plan."

Tosen listens to the comm with the new person on it. "Screw the sniper just tell me where this fucker is and I will go there and kill them myself. Hey Apex think you can get a tank to help with the explosion that's being asked for or do I need to secure that as well?" Tosen is getting more annoyed from the fact that even more people are being sent it. Why do we need help this people are just like ants you need to kill the queen to win no one else mattered.

" what ever , just do something" Apex snaps through the coms , " all i hear is talking " Apex says picking up the police cruiser. " Get out of here!" Apex yells at the police officers before flying the car into a parked car down the street creating a small explosion. " your move shadow boy , Apex says as he begins to fling random cars down the street making a distraction .

Meanwhile in the central building

" what a perfect guard dog " the militia leader says as he peaks through the blinds of the mayors office . " why are you doing this!"
the mayor pleas while tied to a chair .
" you watch to much movies the bad guys only give away there plans in the movies " the man says as he kicks the chair the mayor was on down .
" you will not get away with this!" the mayor yells .

" out of the movie quotes , you had to pick that one " the man says dragging the mayors secetary by her hair next to the mayor .
" and whos going to stop us ? huh ?
the magisters ? the crusadors? "
the man say pulling out a combat knife .
" thanks to that rich prick and his technology, supers are not a problem any more " the man says lauphing befor pinning the secetarys hand to the floor with his blade causing her screems to echo through the building .

"sir we lost our touph guy asset " one of the troops says as he enters the room . " well shit " the man says standing back up . "shoud we activate the juggernaut sir?"
" no ... not yet , i got a better plan the man says with a smirk as he looks down at the secetary.
a few minutes later one of the militia troops exits the building and runs up to Apex holding a walkie. " change of plans beast, unless i start seeing some dead supers people are going to start losing limbs"

Apex looks down at the militia solgier and begins to lauph " you kidding me , like i will lostwn to y...." Apex eyes widens when he sees what was in the other hand of the militia. the solgier drops the four severed fingers on to the street .
" thats what i thought" the man says lauphing through the walkie . " get your ass moving now! or else!"

so to the frustration Apexs eyes start to glow as his primal side begins take control . " dam dam Dam DAM DAM! " Apex roars ferociously before running down the street until he returned to Owens postion. a militia truck follows behind Apex to watch him .
Hoping Owen herd what was Going on Apex picks up another park car and throws it Owen .

This day was turning into a roller coaster ride, as soon as Owen thought they reached the top, they came crashing back down again. Now the militia were taking hostages, something Owen couldn't forgive. He scowled slightly as he heard what was happening but wasn't sure what he could do to help. Lucky for him, Little Birdie had a plan. He listened to the conversations taking place over the comm link, it sounded like a plan had been formed and it needed all of them to work together in order to pull it off. He was sure Fima would be arriving soon considering they needed a sniper but he wasn't exactly sure how to go about causing the distraction causing explosions. Opting to stay behind while the others moved in, he resigned to stay behind for the cleanup and secure the area they had already broke through. Through Apex's comm, he could hear what was asked of him. Apparently they were going to start killing people unless Apex started killing supers.

Blitz hovered in the same spot where he had intercepted the car that was thrown at Little Birdie's drone. He was still carrying the car by the bumper with one hand. Looking down, he homed in on Apex being followed by some of the militia personnel. When Apex launches another parked car, this time at him, Owen tossed the one he was carrying at it as well causing a mid air explosion that sent him barreling backwards until he regained control over his body, once again hovering in mid air. It looked like Apex didn't have a choice but at the same time, he wasn't sure how far Apex would take this. Using the cover of the explosion, Blitz tapped into the comm again. "Apex, I heard what they asked you to do over your comm. You don't have to say anything. Let's put on a show for them." Speedily flying through the smoke left behind from the explosion, Blitz landed a few feet away from Apex. "What the hell's wrong with you?! Have you lost your mind?" He said rather convincingly.

the militia leader takes a seat in the mayors chair before putting his feet up on the table .
" we are famous" he says looking at the flat-screen tv built into the wall directly across of him . the chaos in the city was shown from news helicopter hovering above while the repoter explains the situation as it occurs .
the screems from the woman had died down due to her loosing too much blood. "please! we need to get her help" the mayor begs
" your right , she dosent look so good" the militia leader says looking at her . the mayors heart drops when the loud ring of a gun shot echos through the room . " yo..you. YOU BASTARD!"
the mayor yells at the militia leader blows some smoke from his pistols barrel .
"YOUR SCUM! ALL OF YOU WILL BURN
N IN HELL!" the mayor screams before one of the militia troops kick him in the gut to shut him up.

" you know mayor , your one of the very reasons scum like me do these things " the miltia leader says standing back up and walking over to the Mayor . " at least were rich scum " the leader says placeing his boot onto the mayors face as he lauphs with his troops . the Leader then pulls out his walkie " Cortez, come in , what do you say we show the kids at home what mr news reporters good side. The leader says to one of his men on the roof sitting on a ledge.
" roger that " Cotez says as he pulls holds up a large sniper rifle . he scopes in on the helicopter and places his reticle on the reporters head before switching it to the pilot and firing.

on the news the reporter can be herd screeming along with the helicopter warning alarm as it begins to crash . the screen switches to the news repoters back at the station . the leader begins to lauph when he sees it happen .

mean while down the street

seeing that Blitz had understand the situation they were in Aprx smirks before roaring at Blitz before raising both hands and slamming them down into the street were Blitz was standing

Kisari nodded her head as Fima explained just exactly a sniper was. The concept made sense, as it was strategically advantageous to strike from longer distances if one could not physically match the opponent they were up against. Still, Kisari would continue to hold on to her hands on approach for as long as she could manage. "Seems cowardly to strike while hidden, but desperate times right?" She sighed with resignation, turning her eyes back to the monitor. Everything she saw struck at her core, worry creasing her facial features. Sure there were some members that irritated her, and some she outright hated, but that didn't change the fact that they were part of her team... And in turn members of her family. She was itching to help, to join in the fray and do something.

On one screen she watched Apex and Blitz engage in a battle against each other, another showed the destruction of the area, and even more yet she could still see the face of the child hostage Fima and the mysterious Birdie girl were planning so hard to rescue. Just as she thought there would be nothing for her to do, an alarm went off beside her, pulling up the image of a crashing helicopter that was no doubt part of a reporting team. The footage was from another studio, showing the chopper tilt into a nose dive toward a group of buildings.

"That area is still full of people. There's no way they'll get out in time." She growled, clenching her fists angrily. Adrenaline began pumping through her veins, making her feel much lighter than before. Gritting her teeth, she ran a finger over her Crusader ring prompting a portal to appear a few feet away. "Sorry Behemoth, I can't sit this one out as promised." She darted toward the portal, jumping through head first as always. It spat her out close to the descending chopper, the buffered air causing her wings to shift uncomfortably. Her eyes locked on to the reporters still inside the crashing helicopter, the pair clinging to whatever they could for dear life. Wincing against the pain, Kisari angled herself so that she could approach the pilot side door and place her hands firmly against the side of the vehicle. With strained effort she pushed the nose towards the on going battle between Apex and Blitz. "Not much time." She breathed, watching the pair closing in fast. Reaching out and grasping the edge of the open side, Kisari pulled herself into the helicopter where the two reporters sat trembling.

"You really ought to rethink your choice in career." She shook her head, watching the cameraman pale considerably. "Don't give me that look. Do you want my help or not?" Kisari growled, not waiting for an answer before she pushed the pair out of the crashing vehicle. Screaming as they dropped a couple of feet, Kisari summoned another Crusader portal that would safely deliver the pair to the ground before hopping out the side herself... Only this time it was only a small distance from the intended crash site. "Heads up boys!" She shouted, steeling herself to contain any flames produced on the off chance neither of them could catch the incoming vessel.

Facing off against Apex now, in something like a modern day standoff, Blitz stood there as the heat and destruction blew bitterly across the battlefield. Blitz slammed a fist into his hand as he smirked back at Apex. His teammates haymaker hit the ground hard and sent a shockwave through the broken street until it reached Owen's feet but before he could feel the effects of the tremor, he leapt into the air and hovered there to avoid being bowled over. "Well, it looks like our little pet needs to be put back on his leash." Owen teased. Quickly closing the distance between the two, Blitz flew straight towards his teammate with both fists extended, meaning to deliver an inhumanly strong punch that would be sure to knock Apex off his feet, but he stopped suddenly about half way, hovering above the broken asphalt. In his peripheral view, he noticed something hurdling towards them and when he looked up, he saw an out of control helicopter headed in their direction.

The copter was approaching them from behind Apex, so it was possible he didn't even see it. Blitz also saw someone who resembled Kisari rescuing people on board. "What in the world…" He said, straining to get a better idea of what was happening. "Heads up!" He said to Apex before changing direction and flying straight towards the plummeting helicopter. He intercepted it in midair, pushing against it and putting a small dent in its nose as he used his hands and the weight of his body to slow it from falling. "Ugh!" He grunted, using his strength to keep the helicopter from crashing into the street below. The speed and weight of the freefalling copter caused a temporary problem for him, as both he and the copter sped towards the street. With a few feet left to spare, he managed to gain control of the copter, pushing it through the air and positioning it so that it fell safely atop a large building nearby. "Whew…well that was close." Now that he was out of sight, he tapped his comm link.

"Things are getting a little hairy out here. Fima…Birdie, feel free to wrap this up any day now." He said before swooping back down towards Apex.

Status
Not open for further replies.