The Chronicles of Elym

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, post up. Think I got rid of all the references to nighttime now.

Chances are, Brent would have sent some of the Imps and Dwarves ahead for scouting. Would they be able to determine from which area they could effectively bombard the camp?

Chances are, Brent would have sent some of the Imps and Dwarves ahead for scouting. Would they be able to determine from which area they could effectively bombard the camp?
The human camp won't be too visible for a little while longer. We're on a rise and in the forest, so nothing but the smoke would give our positions away as long as the forest is there.

That said, anywhere on the opposite side of the river is fair game.

->Dwarfs scouting.
Okay. Good thing Adolf-chan and me are going to share our racism regarding Dwarfs :3

Racism is bad mkay, nice post ERode.

The covering of the artillery was a little meta gaming, but it is fine it lines up with your charries paranoia and lets us all go wtf!? when you reveal those bitches.

The human camp won't be too visible for a little while longer. We're on a rise and in the forest, so nothing but the smoke would give our positions away as long as the forest is there.

That said, anywhere on the opposite side of the river is fair game.
I was under the impression that it was a relatively thin forest? Fair enough though. Guess harpies really are going to be OP.

Racism is bad mkay, nice post ERode.

The covering of the artillery was a little meta gaming, but it is fine it lines up with your charries paranoia and lets us all go wtf!? when you reveal those bitches.
Really? I thought it was relatively normal to cover up your wooden siege machines while travelling? Prevent weather from messing with them? Same logic as not letting your sacks of grain sit out on a cart, I'm guessing.

Reactions: Azathoth
I was under the impression that it was a relatively thin forest? Fair enough though. Guess harpies really are going to be OP.
Just remember that I gave you mobile artillery. talk to me about op pfffsh xD

Did Ner0 say that? I suppose we can go with that if he wants.

Really? I thought it was relatively normal to cover up your wooden siege machines while travelling? Prevent weather from messing with them? Same logic as not letting your sacks of grain sit out on a cart, I'm guessing.
that too xD

I was complimenting you anyways.

Are you going to accuse me of meta gaming too at some point? Bitch, you have flying fucking scouts, so don't you talk to us about meta gaming. XD

Are you going to accuse me of meta gaming too at some point? Bitch, you have flying fucking scouts, so don't you talk to us about meta gaming. XD
I didn't mean to accuse D:

I COMPLIMENTED THE GUYS POST SEE?!

Either way, it is justifyed and was a really good post, gj ERode.

Now, please answer my questions. Apparently, the harpies have spyglasses. But it's the Iron Cities that have the best tech. Does that means that we have spyglasses as well, right?

With those spyglasses, as well as the power of science/mathematics/triangulation, would the dwarves and imps I've sent out for scouting be able to find/guesstimate the distance of the enemy camp through the thin woods? Or no?

I was just bullshitting. Having scouting information against an orc army is like seeing a hurricane coming your way. Whether you see it coming or not, its going to fuck your shit up. ;P

• Love
Reactions: Ner0
Now, please answer my questions. Apparently, the harpies have spyglasses. But it's the Iron Cities that have the best tech. Does that means that we have spyglasses as well, right?

With those spyglasses, as well as the power of science/mathematics/triangulation, would the dwarves and imps I've sent out for scouting be able to find/guesstimate the distance of the enemy camp through the thin woods? Or no?
That sounds entirely within their capability.

Yes, but not until shortly after the battle begins.

Hmm, let's pm about this ERode, I think I have an inkling into what you are planning, and it is making me excited.

I mean, siege weapons only work if the people using them are really good at one, doing the math well, and two, eyeballing the shit out of distance measurements. XD

• Love
Reactions: Ner0
I mean, siege weapons only work if the people using them are really good at one, doing the math well, and two, eyeballing the shit out of distance measurements. XD
Adolf-chan confirmed future siege commander. That 3 Minute Echo sniping.

Oh good. She's joining the orcs then.

Status
Not open for further replies.