The Blood That Binds Us (Medieval Fantasy, Dungeon Crawl-esque RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Esper

Sure ^^! That sounds good to me. One of my soldiers has a prosthetic arm and Haru's tavern girl uses flintlock guns. I'm not too picky, as long as we don't start seeing cars or steam-powered robots xD.

Thought I'd drop in my own interest. With a paladin I put together recently. Not a new writer by any standard, just a bit newer to this website as a whole. However fantasy Roleplay is always a top priority for me.

Reactions: Fox of Spades
@Esper

Kind of like FMA xD. Soldier gal's gonna be a metallurgist. I'm still trying to figure out where we stand in regards to tech, I'm open to tweaking things depending on what the majority wants ^^!

@Bismarck

Thank you for the interest ^^! A paladin sounds pretty cool~

Also @Haru Nyan and I our working on our adventurers. In a day or two, I'll edit the CS template into the first post and we'll be reading through everyone's submissions.

Hopefully we can get this moving some time in the future. Certainly could use an excuse to bring out the old style of writing I used to enjoy. Which tended to involve crushing skulls, and making poor and usually gruesome jokes out of things.

@Bismarck

Also just to be clear xD, the group of adventurers we'll be playing aren't that hardcore. They're pretty much swords (or staffs or etc) for hire. Kind of a silly group in search of gold and glory, the darker parts will come later when these poor souls stumble upon the goblet. If you wanna be a more serious fighter, you'll probably have to make a soldier instead ^^!

Well he's quite literally titled the Scarlet Crusader. He's a very serious individual when it comes to combat. But assuming he's decent friends with the people he's travelling with. Expect some amusing combats. Think of a Russian Bear. Friendly, and cheerful, giant of a person. But protective, to a point where breaking a skull into a thousand pieces to save you, is a sign of friendship.

Basically, just a very strange, and at times aloof person. Since this would be his first time, not apart of some crusade, which is a bit odd to consider, since he's around 37-40 years of age.

Hey, not to butt in, but would a bard/bard-like character work in this setting, by the by?

@Baddamobs

You're not butting in, feel free to ask anything ^^

And yeah, a bard would definitely fit in :D! I'm basically looking for a group of rag tag adventurers who don't really have names out there yet. They're gonna be a silly, somewhat moderately experienced group which is why they're accepting all sorts of odd jobs.

@Bismarck

A grizzled veteran might not fit in too well with the premise @ silly adventurers trying to make a name for themselves. Just a heads up xD. Though I guess I can't really say until Haru and I read through the character sheets.

• Thank You
Reactions: Baddamobs
@Fox of Spades
I'm sure I'll find a way to make it work. Perhaps not the same grizzled veteran, but certainly a similar concept. At least in terms of overall combat ability(Or in this case inability).

I mean someone who is always acting exasperated can be amusing in their own way.

Think of a Russian Bear. Friendly, and cheerful, giant of a person. But protective, to a point where breaking a skull into a thousand pieces to save you, is a sign of friendship.
You had me at "Bear"

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Any room for a crafty rogue? It's been ages since I have joined an RP and this sounds right up my alley.

How are you guys on archers? I'm thinking about what I'd want to put forward.

@Bismarck

Aye aye ^^! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

@Azaryin

Thank you for the interest :D!

@KageKaioh

Sure ^^! Thank you for the interest. Just a heads up, there's quite a few rogue-like characters already though.

@LVL 1337N00B

Archers are fine ^^ as long as you don't mind having a fellow archer along at the beginning. He'll be an NPC and will probably leave eventually though.

My type of rogue is rather different from most, usually. He is an alchemist tinkerer and heavily relies on potions, powders and oils to make it through a fight. He excels in lock-picking and traps rather than cut-purse thievery as well. Hopefully he will round out some of the groups skills, rather than doubling up too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.