The Battle for Land and Sea (Rebornfan120 and artisticheart)

"Yeah, but you seemed to have a better connection with Torchic though! I promise you, I'm f-- ow!"

Callie stopped mid-sentence once the torchic pecked her foot. She picked the fire pokemon up and handed it to Brendan for him to hold. "As I was saying, I'll be fine. Now, Torchic is yours if you want to take care of it. I'll take care of Mudkip and everything will be fine, right? Right?" Callie pressed.

Brendan generally was unsure of Callie pressing, though he knew when that happened it was a sign she was serious and left little room for debate while seeing the Torchic look at him and then at Callie though it seemed to Brendan Torchic liked them both and Mudkip not wanting to be left out of this did bump their foots as in to say 'Don't forget me'.
"A compromise? I'll do it but if they signal to me that they want to be back to how it was at first, we do it." Brendan offered. He knew mentally he caved but figured a compromise of middle ground was fair enough for the two to work out this little dilemma.

Callie grinned when Brendan finally caved in. "Fine by me! Now take Torchic so Mudkip stops stepping on my feet!"

The trainer girl looked down at the Mudkip and gave it a smile. "You still want some attention too, don't you?" Callie cooed at the mudkip. Chia began to paw at her other foot as Mudkip was on the other one. "Oh Chia, come on, make friends with the new pokemon!" Callie said to the furret.

Chia looked at the mudkip and tilted her head slightly. "Fur?"

Brendan was happy that she had agreed, knowing it would be up to the pokemon for a tradeback while he also knew it was also their choice as well while he looked at her and he saw her cooing on Mudkip as Mudkip smiled moving it's tail.
"Well he hit my foot with a mini-tackle." Brendan countered before Torchic jumped from his hands and he noticed it look at the furret.

Callie snickered. "He hits everyone with a mini-tackle," she said. Callie's heart melted when the mudkip's tail wagged, and she pet him gently.

The torchic snuggled up to Brendan and poked him gently on the arm and shoulder. "Tor, tor!"

Brendan looked at Torchic as he smiled at it while he looked at her and saw Callie snickered as he would smile. "Yeah, me included." He said as he smiled.
"Aww..." He said in reference to Torchic snuggling up to him.

"I think it's official," said Callie. "Torchic wants to be with Brendan!"

The torchic continued to nestle their self into Brendan's arms as Callie spoke. "So, what are you gonna name them?"

Brendan looked at her and then to Callie while he looked at her as he would smile at this.
"Well that is great, no nickname for now anyway." He said to her while he would smile at Callie.

"Ahh, that's all right!" Callie said. As she was speaking, she caught her mom walking back up to the group.

"Are you guys on your way out?" she asked.

"I believe so..." Callie replied. She then turned to Brendan. "Unless you need anything else?"

Brendan shook his head, he did not need anything else at all while knowing it was up to them and to their pokemon or the planned tradeback.
"Well yeah...We'll be leaving soon." He said while he answered her mother's question.
"You are alright Callie?"

"I'm good!" Callie replied. "If we're all set, then I guess we're heading out!"

Callie's mom hugged Callie, then reached to hug Brendan too. "You both stay safe. Call me or Brendan's mom if you need anything."

"We will!" Callie then bent down to a now saddened Chia. "Be good for mom and dad okay?"

"Furrrret..." Chia whined. She then jumped into Callie's arms and snuggled her for a moment until Callie passed her off to her Mom.

"I'll miss you too, buddy," Callie said with a sigh.

Brendan accepted the hug from Callie's mother while he would nod while he felt more inclined to reach out for Callie's mother instead of his own due to his mother with his younger sister as he felt like she preferred his sister more while he saw Furret whine and he looked at the scene.
"Yeah...you can do that and maybe help." Brendan said to try and encourage Chia.

Chia only sulked and laid down on the ground next to Callie's mom. Despite her face, she was obedient. Callie's heart broke for the poor furret.

"I'll visit, lovely, okay?" Callie said with a sad tone.

"Fur," Chia only replied with a pout.

There was nothing more Callie could do, and only sighed. "Well Mom, It's uh, time to go..." Callie said with a small smile. "Keep her company okay?"

Callie's mom nodded, pitying her and the furret. She'd wave to them as Callie fixed her backpack and started off to the town's gate, but she was soon stopped by Chia once more.

"Furrret!" Chia whined much louder this time and curled herself around Callie's feet, stopping her from walking. Callie looked down at Chia, about to scold her again, but this time she had an idea. "Brendan," Callie started. "We may... have to start with three instead of two pokemon."

Brendan looked at her and then at the Furret while bending down to look at it while seeing it around her feet and he smiled chuckling. "Guess she wants to come." He said to Callie. "Alright that is good enough for me, she obviously cares for you. It would not be right of me to get in the way of that." Brendan would start with Torchic sure but at the same time as a total between them he did not mind another member.

Callie grinned at Brendan's approval, then turned to face Chia. "All right Chia, we give. You want to come with us?"

Chia's eyes seemed to brighten up immediately and soon began licking Callie's face with glee. The furret climbed up onto Callie's shoulders and wrapped herself around the trainer like a neck pillow, and Callie gave her kisses on the forehead. Callie looked to her mom, who seemed very happy for the two of them.

"Sounds like the both of you are going on an adventure!" her mom said. "Stay safe everyone!"

Callie waved to her mom and yelled back, "We will! See you later!"

Brendan smiled at her seeing her grin and he would see Chia's zeal increase accepting the offer of coming along. He did not mind this whatsoever as he would smile seeing her mother and nodded waving at her.
"We'll take care! Goodbye!" He said as he walked with now Chia in tow as now they had a team of three with them.

And with their goodbyes said, the two took off into Route 101. Chia kept squeaking and squirming on Callie's neck, tickling her. "Hahah, stop Chia!" she snickered.

They went through the grass, the pathways and over the ledges, being ambushed by pokemon and watching pokemon mind their business. Callie decided not to catch any pokemon just yet, but instead enjoy the view and allow her mudkip to battle a few times.

Brendan allowed his Torchic to battle a few times while he would see Chia making Callie laugh while he would chuckle and smiling. Though at times he let his Torchic remain out as she would hop around or by their side occasionally tweeting or practicing.
"Chia is just happy." Brendan said. "Mudkip is looking well."

"Yes indeed!" Callie said with a smile. "She's a good 'mon, yes she is!" she exclaimed as she fluffed up Chia's fur. "Mudkip is really good too! A good fighter in the making!" Callie then scritched gently under her mudkip's chin.

"How's your torchic?"

"Torchic is fine. A good fighter too." Brendan said while he would see her smile while Chia's fur was getting fluffed while he would look at this. "So far they are comfy with us."
"So far everyone seems to be in good spirits."