The Battle for Land and Sea (Rebornfan120 and artisticheart)

"Petalburg, huh?" Callie nodded. "Sounds good. I think we should on keep going! We're good on potions, food, all that good stuff!"

As Callie zipped up her backpack, she looked up at Brendan. "Are you gonna name your Torchic? I'm still thinking of one for Mudkip."

Brendan nodded after looking at the map while he would be happy to hear they had plenty of stock between them for now as he zipped up his bag and he would have his Torchic walk beside him while he would look at her.
"Hm, I am still thinking of one...But I'm not sure on a name for him." Brendan admitted.

Callie laughed a bit. "Glad I'm not the only one bad at naming," she said. "I wanna maybe try to find something water-related, but I don't wanna name him something like Puddle or what have you. It needs to be memorable, epic!"

Soon the trainers were coming up towards Petalburg City. "Or I could name him Perry, that sounds cute. But what will I do when he turns into a Marshtomp..." Callie continued musing about nicknames as they walked through the routes.

"I wonder that too when Torchic becomes a Combusken." He said pondering while he heard Callie laugh as for right now he was more content on just trying to find a name that will overall stick in a way as he would ponder one but did not say it yet.
"Perry is a start...I was thinking Cinder with mine for Torchic."

"Oooh Cinder is good!" she said happily. "We may just have our nicknames before we reach Petalburg!"

As they were in the last stretch of their walk to Petalburg, a wanted sign was posted on the city's billboard. Callie gulped. Mom definitely wasn't going to like the fact that they could be going into danger (then again, this was a trip through Hoenn battling pokemon both domestic and wild. Surely there was gonna be SOME danger). "Hey, let's take a look at this really quick," Callie said.

She walked up to the billboard and read it aloud. "Wanted: Team Aqua Member causing havoc and disruption in the city. Cash Reward at 1500 Poke..."

Brendan could only be happy of the possible nicknames, though he was thinking one for Mudkip as a way of caring and if the two decide to switch then it would be possible as he would look at the sign Callie had went to.
He was not going to like the fact they were possibly going into danger while he would hear Callie reading this.
"Hm..Team Aqua?" He said puzzled.

"Team Aqua is some organized-crime group. Or maybe they're a cult, I dunno," Callie replied as she stood back from the sign. "I heard they really want the oceans and seas to expand, and they stop at nothing to do that. There was a report on the news about them a few times."

With a shrug, she turned to Brendan. "Honestly, this may be in relation to that. I remember some guy was involved in petty theft at the PokeMart and it just escalated from there."

Brendan looked at her after she had explained all of this as he would listen and then consider this before looking for himself. "Well Aqua themed it is I guess." He said.
"But it is a concern right now." he said this for now but everything for them would seem to be fine. "Well we got the next town to be in."

Callie smiled and nodded. "Yep, we should be good so far!" she replied. What was the real likelihood of witnessing a crime anyway? Besides, their pokemon would be right beside them to fight.

The trainer looked to the gate of Petalburg City and grinned with excitement. "Our first real town with a gym! You ready to go on in?"

Brendan looked at her and he looked at the gym as he would tilt his head looking at the gym now. Seeing Callie grin with excitement was not much new there for as long as he known her while he would figure they would be fine while he would have is Torchic ready for a fight if need be.
"This gym..." Brendan pondered.

"So where to? Are we going to the gym right off the bat? Or do some sight-seeing? --Ooh I heard something about berry trees close by!" Callie said, her scatterbrained attitude starting to come out with her excitement. She then turned to Brendan and grinned a bit. "I'm sorry, what about the gym?" she said.

Meanwhile, a boy was looking around anxiously. He stood a ways away from the two trainers, on the other side of the gym building.

Brendan looked at her while seeing her scatterbrained personality come out while he would look at her as he was listening to her as if this was normal to her.
"The gym here seems familiar...I saw it on television when I first moved here." He said and a feeling of excitement passed through him unaware of the boy looking around outside before walking in.

(OOC: Bless Brendan. He's the friend that just accepts you as you are XD)

By this time, the two made it to the front of the gym. Callie blinked, wondering what TV spot he was talking about. "On TV? I think it was on a quick news segment. I feel like I know what you're talking about though..."

The two walked in, and at the same time, the other boy walked in a little afterward. Callie heard other footsteps, looked behind, and smiled a polite smile to the boy. He only gave a sheepish one back as he hung close to the office hallway of the gym. Must not be the extrovert type. Callie shrugged and went back to talking to Brendan.

"Hey, wait, didn't you say your dad worked in Pokemon gyms?"

(Well it is something I wish i can do with more consistency.)

Making it to the front of the gym was when Brendan realized the front was from the television earlier on the report or a interview happened here he did not know for sure.

He walked in while he would hear the other footsteps while he would look at Callie and then back at the boy, Brendan was an ambivert though he showed more of an introvert tendency thinking the boy was not as a social butterfly like Callie as he would turn to her when she spoke.

"Worked? He owns this gym." He said as now he was coming face-to-face with his father.

"Owns it?!" Callie exclaimed. Then she tapped herself on the forehead. "Right, right, nevermind. I knew that. I remember one of the TV-- yeeeeeah..." Callie nodded in understanding. "It clicked now."

Callie was the first to open the door. She peered inside and saw some other trainers walking about, taking care of their pokemon, getting registered for the next battle, and so on. This area was like the waiting room for battle appointments, and sometimes you could hear explosions from the main arena with Pokemon using their attacks.

"So where's he at?" Callie asked.

Brendan shrugged as he would look at Callie as he would see the trainers at least either walking about taking care of their pokemon and this was either battle appointments or battling evidenced by the sounds of pokemon battling as he would look at her.
"Not sure." He said.

"Hm? Brendan? Is that you?" His father spoke out while dressed in sweatpants and a short sleeve shirt and a zip up jacket as he would see Callie and Brendan there, friends? Well it was possible, or crushes he did not know but he would notice the boy behind them shyly being shy looking around.

"Hello sir!" Callie said, waving as chipper as can be. "Brendan and I just started traveling. We got our starter pokemon and everything!" she explained. As if on cue, Chia jumped from her to Brendan's dad and proceeded to run around, jump on, paw at, and all of the above. "Furrrr furret!"

"Chia nooo..." Callie chided gently, she reached over and picked up Chia, who was still squirmy and fidgety with excitement. "Sorry about that, she's still very much a pet furret rather than a battler...Oh!"

Catching the reflection of the boy in the mirror, Callie moved out of his way. "Sorry! You're probably trying to set an appointment, huh?"

"N-No, no! I-I mean," the boy stuttered, his green eyes darted anxiously between Brendan, his father, and Callie. "Take your time! I'm in no hurry!"

Brendan's dad looked at Callie seeing her as chipper as she was, though he was listening to her while he would see her furret as he was surprised while he would look at Callie and he would listen.
Seeing the boy from the reflection as he would look at them.
"I see you are with your pokemon son, so I'll be looking forward to it and how you progress." He said though the boy behind him he was curious about.

Callie smiled to Brendan, then turned back to his dad. "Are we able to battle you, sir?" she asked. "I mean, if we set up for appointment I mean."

The boy seemed to look intrigued. He'd sign up for a battle too if he could, but he didn't have a pokemon to battle with.

Brendan's dad looked at them and as much as a battle between them he wanted he would have to decline for right now. "No, facing two trainers that got started would not be very kind." He explained. "Plus I'm not the first gym you should be facing, if you want to start son, head to Rustboro to challenge Roxanne. We'll battle one day but after you get stronger and obtain four gym badges."
Brendan looked a little down but he understood if he wanted to be a trainer then that was what he was going to do.