The Battle for Land and Sea (Rebornfan120 and artisticheart)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

artisticheart

Edgepeasant
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Modern, Slice-of-Life, Fandom
It was 6 o clock in the morning, and Callie was up, bright eyed and bushy-tailed just like her pet furret Chia. The both of them were at Callie's desk as she was packing and repacking her backpack.

"All right...." she began. "Got my journal from school here, the potions my dad bought, and the berries are in the fridge..."

Chia squeaked at Callie and prodded her with her nose. She seemed to be sniffing around for the aforementioned berry, and Callie snickered at that.

"Nooo, none for you. Nice try," Callie said with a laugh. "You're staying here and keeping Mama and Papa company, okay?"

It was not okay, and it was evident in Chia's dejected whine. "Frrr..."

"Oh, Chia...." Callie smoothed Chia's fur, giving her light scratches on her neck. "I shouldn't be gone too long. When I come back, we'll play for a long time! You'll have new friends to play with, moves to learn, and you'll get to see all of my badges and ribbons and..."

Callie stopped and pondered what she was saying. She was actually gonna be a Pokemon trainer, and it was now starting to sink in. After constantly begging her parents to let her go see Professor Birch for a Pokemon, she was going to get her wish today after so long.

"I-Is this really happening?!" Callie gasped. She was already feeling the panic about to set in...

It was 6 am and Brendan had woken up, he was not one to wake up this early as his sister was up and was getting ready to head to school. More of school with a mix of pokemon if she was ever interested in it as she had the choice though Brendan was more naturally interested due to them being outside.
"All right..." He said groggy as he woke up. "Journal from school...potions from Grandma and berries..." He said checking as he would see his checklist and he took a shower to wake himself up and to be ready for what was coming as he would finish in ten minutes and went to the list again.
"It can't be...Well..I'll be dogged." He said as he would be happy, realizing today he was getting his pokemon from the professor he knew his wish was coming true.

Callie knew she had to call Brendan. She hurriedly grabbed her (PokeNav? Or Cell phone if it's too early in the RP), and went to Brendan's contact information.

"Come on come on..." Callie mumbled as she hurriedly waited for the device to connect to Brendan. When it finally does, Brendan would be greeted with a frantic voice. "Brendan! It's happening! It's finally happening and I don't know what to feel!"

Brendan had heard his PokeNav. Since they were the prototype versions he knew they had to get them upgraded at Rustboro City since his mother had told him about it, Brendan did remember the only way to get it upgraded was to get a badge from the first leader there. Hearing it ring and looking at the contact he knew who it was. Callie. He shook his head and smiled with a soft snort while he would have answered and soon was greeted with a frantic voice of Callie.

"Okay okay." Brendan said while he would make sure he could hear after that, let alone from his childhood friend as he would place the PokeNav back to listening. "First off, what's happening?" He would ask.

Reactions: artisticheart
"Us finally becoming real trainers!" Callie exclaimed. "I mean I fought Mom over this my entire life and now it's happening and I'm gonna leave home and leave Chia and be in the wilderness and--"

"Callie! Keep it down!!" someone yelled from the other room. It was Callie's mom as she knocked on the wall of her room.

Callie complied and spoke more softly, but with no change in urgency. "See what I mean?!"

Brendan chuckled when he had heard her mother tell her to keep it down, if there was one thing he knew about Callie it was when she was excited she seemed more energetic than before. Brendan felt like he had to as well but since he was more in tune in a way of knowledgeable he knew it would help him expand on that knowledge though he knew he would be leaving his younger sister in Terra that he was nine years older than her but he felt like it was time and plus he didn't want to be home all the time either.

"Well yeah." He said. "It was a dream of yours since I met you." He was grateful to be friends with her but at the same time he knew he likely had to keep a eye on her but he felt like Callie would do fine but to her mother he was not sure on what she was thinking today.

"Yeah... hahah, yes it was..." Callie breathed. She finally seemed to calm down a little, and loudly sighed over the phone. "All right. I can't be scared about this after I finally get my wish. After we finally get our wish!"

Brendan may have been able to hear the zip of Callie's travel bag. "So, when do you want to go, Brendan? To Professor Birch I mean!"

Brendan heard her bag zip and he knew she was more ready to go than ever, he wondered if she was at the time either packing or she was finished. Hearing her calm down and sighed he simply let her speak while he looked at her. "Well you can't be scared of the wish you got now, or we got now." He said to her.
"We'll head to Professor Birch's shortly, just come on over." Brendan said and if he knew Callie she would be energetic and kinda impatient.

Callie grinned to herself, glad to hear they were going very soon. "Sounds good! Gimme, like, 2 minutes!" she said. "See you then!"

After ending the call, she put her PokeNav back into her backpack. Chia whined once more and jumped into her lap as if to keep her in her chair.

"Chia!" Callie exclaimed. She hugged her first, then pushed her off to stand up. "We'll stop by again before we leave for real. Don't worry..."

But it was obvious Chia didn't like that. It broke Callie's heart but she couldn't have Brendan waiting. Callie left her room and left the house. She turned back to see Chia in the window, pawing at it. Oh bless that little furret...

Now Brendan and Callie were quite literally next door neighbors. Callie walked up to his doorstep and knocked.

Brendan was very happy and hearing Callie's voice and her energy while he would hear her call end as he would go back to packing, his PokeNav being put into his backpack and he would check everything again.
Seeing there was a potion for him, he took it out of the PC putting it into his bag and he would be happy at least. He knew Callie was energetic but he was patient.
He knew Brendan and Callie were literally next door neighbors and he heard her knock as he was ready, taking his backpack with him he went to the door and opened it seeing a ready Callie.
"Hey Callie." Brendan said.

With a grin, Callie greeted back with a cheerful, "Hello!"

"Ready to see Professor Birch?" Callie asked. "I'm excited to see what kind of Pokemon he has!"

Callie adjusted the messenger bag across her body, fixing its strap. As she fiddled with it, she looked off at the Professor's lab. It was another hop, skip, and a jump to the lab - similar travel time to Brendan's house. Such were the benefits of living in a small town like Littleroot.

Brendan looked at Callie with a smile while seeing the excitement on Callie's face and he nodded. Adjusting his bookbag a bit before he would follow along Callie.
"I think he will have the three starters from what I hear, Torchic the fire type, Mudkip the water type and Treecko the grass type." Brendan said. "Though the Johto and Kanto region obviously follow the same concept but different pokemon."

"Huh...I see," Callie nodded as she pondered what pokemon she would choose. "Well then, let's go on and see them! I just hope the Torchic won't burn me..."

Callie was about to say something else, but she saw a young boy running up to the two teens. "Hey! Brendan! Callie! It's urgent!" he said, trying to catch his breath.

"Max, what's going on?" Callie asked.

"It's Professor Birch! A poochyena attacked him and now he's trapped on the route!"

Brendan looked at Callie though even he pondered what to pick in his own right while he would look over her way. "Hmm, yes that would be something to worry about." He said chuckling though he could agree on that as he would know what she would say to drive the situation on until the young man known as Max cut them off.

Hearing Professor Birch was trapped on the route with a Poochyena he knew he should help him. "Trapped by a Poochyena...Callie, let's go." Brendan said.

Callie didn't skip a beat. "Got it!"

When they eventually got to the route, they could see Birch being chased around in the tall grass by the poochyena. Birch narrowly missed being bitten several times, but as he toppled to the ground he could see his luck about to run out.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Callie and Brendan running from the town's limit to the wild route. "H-Hey!! You two! Get inside my bag!" he yelled

"What?! Your bag?" Callie called back.

"Yes! Come on now, there's no time!"

"Get inside?" Brendan asked. Seeing Professor Birch somehow evade Poochyena's bite as he would look at her and then heading to the bag he had and he wondered what was inside.
"Come on Callie." Being calm though he did not want the Professor hurt as he would be ready to protect Callie if it came to it.

"Yes, very good!" The professor said hurriedly. "There's three pokeballs in there. Pick a pokemon and fi--"

Professor Birch yelped suddenly when the poochyena tried to bite at his feet. Callie saw this and quickly picked a pokeball without second thought.

"All right, let's do this!" Callie shouted as she threw the ball. Out came a torchic, looking around hurriedly at the scene.

"Alright, time to help!" Brendan shouted as he knew this was urgent, he was one to not really yell depending on the situation as the ball he picked and thrown the result was a Mudkip and like Torchic looked at the scene while he would decide to take the initiative when it came to the battle figuring Mudkip was still young.

"Mudkip, tackle attack!" He said to the Mudkip and it registered enough for the attack to hit the Poochyena letting Birch get away.

"Torchic, scratch it!" Callie called to the little pokemon. The torchic tweeted and went after the poochyena, scarching it a few times. The poochyena whined and ran off away from Birch, the pokemon, and the new trainers.

Birch heaved a loud sigh of relief when the pokemon fled. "Wow... That was intense," he breathed. The professor then turned to Brendan and Callie and grinned as he stood up. "And you too! It's like you two were born trainers. Thank you for saving me!"

"Aww man, it's all good. We did what we had to do, right?" Callie said as he nodded to Brendan.

(OOC: I thought I responded, turns out I didn't! I'm sorry about that!)

Brendan nodded back to Callie and then back to the Professor while seeing the poochyena run away. He would return Mudkip to it's ball and then focused his attention on Birch.
"Well sure, we couldn't let something like that happen to you Professor." Brendan said while scratching his head a bit not used to the attention.

(OOC: Well it is okay, at least you responded now.)