The Battle for Land and Sea (Rebornfan120 and artisticheart)

Callie looked at the sight before her and grinned. "Seems like you got a future being the pokemon daycare leader now," she said while snickering. "Bummer though, no one wants to be with me now!" she added in a babying voice.

Callie approached the mudkip this time and gave it more scritches. "Who's gonna love on poor Callie, huh?"

Mudkip was enjoying the scratches Callie was doing, though as much as it wanted Torchic off of Brendan it would go to Callie's hand.
"I'm not sure of that future." Brendan joked. "Though it seems we could do it as a potential duo." He said as he was not sure on this but having the two pokemon play and want attention on them was something he did not expect.

Callie gladly snuggled the mudkip as the two walked down the road to their houses.

"Could be!" Callie said with a nod. "Maybe you just have a way with Pokemon!" Callie smiled happily at Brendan. She remembered some of the looks he was giving at the lab when she was playing with Torchic, and began to speak up. "Say, Brendan, are you okay with--"

"Oh. My. Goodness," a voice interrupted. Callie looked forward and saw her own mother standing outside, looking shocked and elated to see the two trainers with the pokemon. "Look at you two!"

Whatever Callie was going to say now was cut off by her own mother as he lightly chuckled as he would start walking, much to Torchic's morale as he had placed it on the ground knowing it had tweeted making noise earlier while he scratched his head chuckling a bit.
"Uh...Yeah." Brendan said while he looked at Callie. "Not sure on that claim."

"Oh don't be so shy. You all are trainers now!" Callie's mom replied. "You'll be at the Elite Four before you know it!"

"Or the Grand Festival," Callie added. She grinned at the thought of being in a cute, trendy costume with her pokemon, choreographing a wonderful display of their attacks.

As she was thinking and Mom was talking, a loud squeak came from the door of Callie's house. Chia the furret ran out and tackled Callie to the ground, nuzzling and licking her face.

"Eek! Chia! Oh I missed you too but get off!"

Brendan chuckled at this and even he was unsure what he was going to do, contests or gyms he had no real idea on one at this point while he looked at her mother chuckling lightly scratching his head with a light blush of embarrassment.
"Well someone missed you..." He said to her.

"Like you wouldn't believe," Callie's mom said. "She was pacing around the living room all day!"

"Is that so, Chia?" Callie asked, ruffling Chia's fur and causing her cheeks to bunch up a bit.

"Furret!" was all Chia said through a squished face. Callie laughed and hugged her close.

Looking to Brendan, Callie smiled. "I guess I have a pokemon that loves me too, heheh!"

"Yeah. Furret." Brendan said as this interaction Mudkip looked confused at when he saw Chia for the first time, until Mudkip went and ran around before jumping on them as Torchic was tweeting as fast as it could wanting some attention too.
"What has this day become?" He asked before seeing Torchic at his feet tweeting before pecking at his foot. "Hey now, cut that out!"

"Oooof okay!" Callie grunted as Mudkip jumped on her. "No more pokemon jumping on Callie!"
As Callie spoke, she moved Chia and the mudkip off of her stomach. Chia looked at Mudkip and started pawing at it while squeaking, and the two began running around in circles around Callie.

"It seems like you two have got some lively Pokemon!" Callie's mom said with a laugh. She then looked between Callie and Brendan. "When are you both going to head on the road?"

Brendan hearing her mother ask this as he would smile while he laughed seeing Callie having attention from Furret and Mudkip while the Torchic tweeted at him pecking his foot.
"Hey!" He said while he would look at it picking it up. "What is with you today?" He asked while before seeing it get out of his hands and chase Furret and Mudkip.
"At this rate...I have no clue." Brendan said as he was unsure of the starters they had since they were playing around so much.

"Me neither... oh!"

Callie suddenly looked to Brendan and sat up on her knees. "Brendan. You didn't seem to happy at Birch's lab. What was wrong?" she asked.

While this took place, Chia began playing around with the mudkip. They continued to run around and bat at each other.

Brendan looked to Callie while he looked at her seeing her sat up on her knees and he saw Chia now getting involved playing.

"Well it is nothing really." Brendan said while even he was not sure on what pokemon was theirs considering they were moving and playing so much.
Torchic tweeted at him even though he was thinking.

Callie gave Brendan a look and stood up to walk towards him. "Oh come on, I saw that look," Callie said. "Seriously, tell me what's wrong?"

She stood with a hand on her hip, awaiting his answer.

Brendan looked at Callie, seeing her stand there with a hand on her hip in combination of her distance to him was close he gulped looking at her.
"Well, considering these three starters here...Do you think we will run into them in the wild?" He asked in thought while he looked at Callie.

"Huh? Well..." Callie blinked, unsure of what to say. She looked out to the town's exit into route 101 as she pondered the question. Finally, she turned to Brendan and replied. "I don't know! Not sure of where they'd be, but I'm sure they're somewhere!"

When Callie's furret started realizing she wasn't giving her any attention, Chia began nipping and jumping at Callie's legs. For some reason, this gesture seemed commonplace to Callie, as she only shuffled a bit out of the way and continued speaking with eyes on Brendan. "Why do you ask?"

Brendan knew question-wise, he was going to have them while he looked out to route 101 as well. Considering the different climates in the region there had to be a place for them somewhere.

Seein Chia nip and jump at Callie's legs and then seeing the pokemon they had at least quiet down so they could talk. "Hm, I ask because it is a big place we are going into. And there is going to be a lot of adventures knowing us." He explained while he turned to the pokemon looking at them.

"Very true, very true..." Callie nodded. She still wasn't buying that what he was saying was the real answer. She had noticed him take several glances at Torchic at the lab but didn't think anything of it until a few moments ago.

She decided if she was going to get a straight answer out of Brendan she was going to have to cut to the chase.

"Brendan, did you want to switch starters?"

Brendan went wide with surprise. He didn't expect her to get to the point of the matter while he looked at Callie seeing her express this as he looked at her.
"I could not do that to you and Torchic." Brendan said. Now getting to the point he wanted to be at least honorable to his long-time best friend while he looked at her. "You picked her and I picked Mudkip, even though we did not know who was who inside."

Callie smiled warmly as she listened to her friend. Poor guy, enduring disappointment for her sake. She didn't want him to be quiet for her. If he wanted something, Callie wanted him to speak up.

"Brendan," she began. "That torchic seems to be getting to know the both of us. It almost seems as if they like you more! I'm not bothered at all. So if you want to trade, I'm willing to trade."

Brendan looked at Callie while he looked at her, he was surprised she was willing to do this while he looked at her. "You would do that?" He asked her. "Even though I think you should stick with Torchic? You got it first." At this rate he should know Callie and him would try to make things fair, this being no exception as he thought about it, he liked fire types sure but he felt like he could work with any type as Torchic soon pecked both of their foots.