The Banishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
.: Joshua :.
Laughing a little bit, Josh slightly looked back at Oscar. "In that case I truly want you to stay on my back, and please hold tightly. I can take the pain...not saying you are hurting me cause your not." Josh smiled and bent a little ways down, allowing his foot to leave the ledge and find a safe area to place it. Bringing his other foot down, the two began their descent, Josh strategically placing his limbs in places strong enough to hold the two, and Oscar holding on for dear life. Josh could slightly feel Oscar's muscles in his arms tighten as they hung onto the side of the cliff. "It'll be okay, we'll be down safely before you know it."
@ForgottenBlood

Reactions: T E R R O R
Oscar
Oscar gulped as he looked down and decided it was better not to. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. "Well, um...that's good.." he said and laughed nervously. Oscar squeezed a bit tighter whenever Joshua would let one foot loose to grab onto a different sturdy spot. Once they reached the bottom, Oscar practically jumped off of Josh's back just to go explore the place. He smiled at the sight with the aroma of the flowers filling the air. "Ohh look, come over here." he said before pulling Joshua over to see the unique nature scenes. Oscar didn't hesitate to pick up the different flowers and right after, he stripped down to his undies so that he could get into the clear, clean waters. Everything here was perfect, he would definitely be sad when it was time for the both of them to leave and return back to camp. "Get in with me?" he asked looking at Josh before swimming around himself.

As the two reached the bottom, Joshua noticed excitement fill Oscar's face and couldn't help but laugh with joy. Examining Oscar farther, Josh noticed Oscar was like a kid in a toy store down here: always excited to see, touch, and play with new things. Josh followed after Oscar, when he called for him to come; though when Oscar ask for Josh to join him, Josh was slightly hesitant. Who knows what could be out there this time, stalking them or even observing them for the best time to kill. Although the worry in Josh's head was strong, the want to swim was stronger. "Sure." He spoke with laughter. Making sure to survey the area first, Josh placed his gun close to the water. Taking off his black, skin tight, tee and his army style pants, Josh revealed his briefs to Oscar. Taking one last glance around, Josh jumped in, and began to swim around with Oscar.
@ForgottenBlood

• Love
Reactions: T E R R O R
Vann Carson, Maverick Colt & Gail Nolan

tumblr_mdbdpyO3FU1rshicuo1_1280.jpg 018c893d2ad862d048979d31bda8c8c3.jpg 787324.jpg

Before the girl named or nicknamed Vi managed to reply, the blonde girl, that Nicolas told him to talk to, approached to them and immediately gave out the leadership vibe that was apparently highly respected. She was indeed a leading material. She seemed tough but at the same time just and with her feet on the ground. Vann could tell all three of them got the same feeling about her when even Maverick cut his usual crap to the minimum. "Vi the whole half-ass harassment can go take a walk, go let off some steam, and you can take Justice with you." The girl obeyed and was now walking away, a bit unsatisfied by the decision, though non willing to argue. "So you come in peace, huh? Let us just get one thing straight, no one and I repeat no one tries to upset that woman, trust me it is for your own good." Vann smiled humbly and nodded. "I had some practical experience with life threatening Scavengers." He tapped the old scar on his neck. "If she is better than this, there is no problem there." He chuckled. The female seemed to accept the conversation well and Vann was delighted to have a decent conversation with anyone. It has been a while.

"The names Jocelyn. Co-leader of this team, the other one is out at the moment of a supply hunt with another member. His name is Oscar, you'll meet him when he comes back, that is if your planning on staying." Vann reached forward with his large hand to shake Jocelyn's, not too light and not too tight. "I am Vann. Vann Carson. I am pleased to meet you, Jocelyn. Looking forward to meet the other side of the leadership." Before he could present her with his two teammates, Gail stepped forward and mocked him lightly. "Woah! Take it easy big guy. You just met her. Shake and break in five seconds. Remember the five second rule." Vann took a while to figure out she was joking. He sighed and pulled away. "Kids these days." Gail saluted to Jocelyn respectfully. "Gail Nolan. Good to be here and since we headed in search of the new place, I guess we could stick around and be some extra hands as long as you need us. Besides," She frowned lightly. "From where we came, the situation is getting much worse."

Maverick rubbed his wounded shoulder over his shirt and snorted. "How lovely. Good to see you are all getting along. Now, as long as I can have a decent seat to sit and fix this," he pointed to his shoulder. "And some fire source for my cigarettes, I have no problem with ignoring you." He picked up his backpack and moved forward passing everyone and finding a spot under a tree. Vann growled and rubbed his forehead. He had it with this kid. Gail smiled sheepishly and spoke to Jocelyn. "I am sorry. That is Maverick Colt. The happiest person you will ever meet." She chuckled. "But he is a good guy...in his own way...deep down." Vann added mockingly. "Yes, so deep he found a Kraken." Gail laughed. "What do you know, he ain't so old after all." Even through all that conversation, Gail couldn't shake the feeling away and in the end she asked out of nowhere. "I am sorry, but do I know you from before?" Jocelyn sounded and looked awfully familiar.

Maverick Colt

018c893d2ad862d048979d31bda8c8c3.jpg

After leaving all the welcoming and friendly chit-chat behind him, he passed through the camp, stopping by the still hot ember to light up his cigarette. He straightened up and inhaled a smoke deeply and gratefully. "You were missed dearly." He mumbled and looked around. The place was overly peaceful and crowded. Or was it just him? Ne narrowed his eyes, somewhat from the sun and somewhat with skepticism as he looked at all the people that were currently around. "Lovely little Utopia." He had to admit. Finding a spot under one of the trees on the edge of the camp, he sat down and laid his backpack, taking off his shirt. He kept silent about it for he didn't want Gail to worry, but his wound was bleeding again and he was only grateful it didn't soak his shirt. More than anything, he just wished Gail wouldn't treat him like a little brother. Only he knows how much he appreciated and loved her as if she really was his sister, but he was older one after all. He indeed didn't need a babysitter.

His jaw tightened in pain as he separated the gauze off the wound and cleaned it with the clean cloth and a mixture that Gail prepared for all of them beforehand. "The tank was a lot larger then usual last night. The next page has a better drawing of it. Gotta love a photographic memory." Maverick lifted his head and looked at the two girls from before. They were discussing something that was in the notebook. "Bigger?" He glared at the wound on his shoulder. "That would make sense...I suppose..." He thought as he finished mending the wound and listened carefully as he smoked the pain away. "Last night I had pointed out to Nick that it seemed like they were watching us and it went on for a while." He thought about the last wave of mutants three of them managed to fight off. Even then, he could have sworn as he claimed that they knew they were there, they were somehow on a primitive level of planning things. His intelligent, somewhat nerdy side kicked in as his brain went into a deep thought.

He was far enough for girls no to notice his attention and close enough to hear it decently. "And the tank wasn't just a normal tank. It was as if he were looking for us in the trees, like he knew we were up there." Yes! Exactly! It all made a perfect sense to him. He was somehow glad that he wasn't the crazy one. He debated. At that point, he felt vulnerable in someone else' s territory yet again, he wanted to know what was going on. He needed to know what is going on. He debated whether he should involve or not as his curiosity grew stronger. "And the cat is still alive." He chuckled at his thought. "Well, then there is highly large chance that there is a Colossus here, now." The words of the other girl made him choke and cough on his last smoke. "So...should I tell Jocelyn or should you?" Managing to take a breath, he put the cigarette back in his mouth and got up, approaching the girls. He barely found a decent way to approach and not seem way too rude. It was a long shot. "Excuse me." He spoke when he approached and sat beside the girl with the notebook. "I know we don't know each other, but can I see that?" His face was calm and assuring, looking at the female that held the notebook. After an awkward pause he managed to say a decent "Please?" It was funny as it is.
@Autumn_Burns_Red
@Rieezy

As the two reached the bottom, Joshua noticed excitement fill Oscar's face and couldn't help but laugh with joy. Examining Oscar farther, Josh noticed Oscar was like a kid in a toy store down here: always excited to see, touch, and play with new things. Josh followed after Oscar, when he called for him to come; though when Oscar ask for Josh to join him, Josh was slightly hesitant. Who knows what could be out there this time, stalking them or even observing them for the best time to kill. Although the worry in Josh's head was strong, the want to swim was stronger. "Sure." He spoke with laughter. Making sure to survey the area first, Josh placed his gun close to the water. Taking off his black, skin tight, tee and his army style pants, Josh revealed his briefs to Oscar. Taking one last glance around, Josh jumped in, and began to swim around with Oscar.
@ForgottenBlood

Oscar
Oscar came up from under the water then wiped the water away from his eyes before awaiting Joshua to join. His hair was flat down and shaggy like, but he didn't care much about it for now. He laughed out loud when Josh jumped in, which caused water to splash on him. The two of them were wise enough to stay close to each other just incase anything happens, they were truly beginning to look like more than friends. When Oscar opened his eyes underwater, he spotted a turtle that wasn't afraid to swim up to him and give his nose a lick. Oscar smiled and picked it up with his hands before going back up for air. "Hey there..." he said to the turtle who didn't seem to mind Oscar picking him up. "I'm keeping him...Probably call him Spike or something..." he said to Josh when he came up and shrugged. "What would you think?" he asked before sitting the turtle down on top of his gun. "I hope he stays, it would be cool to have him around..." he said mostly to himself before turning around and hitting Joshua with a wave of water then swam away.

Looking over at the guy who had taken a seat next to her, she let out a soft sigh. God i can't stay out of trouble even when I try. She thought as she shut the book and stood up. "At this moment, you can not. Just trust me it's what's best for your Health and mine. But once I'm done talking to Vi I'll find you and you can look at it all you want." She told the guy with a small smile as she looked over to Adia. "You should tell Jocelyn now. I'm going to tell Vi. She more likely to listen to me and not blow up. I'll back with Vi soon." Kenzie told her before running off to find Vi.

Her slow jog became faster as she saw Vi, only stopping when she could fall in step with her.
"So I asked Adia if she had ever seen anything like this before..." Kenzie began as she shoved the book into Vi's hands, showing her the group drawing. "And well I just got a crazy amount of information." She said as she took in a deep breath. And anyone that knew Kenzie, knew you weren't going to get a word in until she finished. "So there's this thing called a colossus, that's formed when the Muntans start to communicate and get along basically. Causing them to evolve into stronger, smarter versions of themselves. The last time this happened was like a hundred years ago. But long story short this thing has the ability to change and create new types of muntans. And it took an army to take one down last time." Kenzie finished and she took another breath. Now watching Vi carefully as she waited to see what her reaction would be.

@Autumn_Burns_Red @Shattered♦Secrets™ @Ritual Lobotomy

Oscar
Oscar came up from under the water then wiped the water away from his eyes before awaiting Joshua to join. His hair was flat down and shaggy like, but he didn't care much about it for now. He laughed out loud when Josh jumped in, which caused water to splash on him. The two of them were wise enough to stay close to each other just incase anything happens, they were truly beginning to look like more than friends. When Oscar opened his eyes underwater, he spotted a turtle that wasn't afraid to swim up to him and give his nose a lick. Oscar smiled and picked it up with his hands before going back up for air. "Hey there..." he said to the turtle who didn't seem to mind Oscar picking him up. "I'm keeping him...Probably call him Spike or something..." he said to Josh when he came up and shrugged. "What would you think?" he asked before sitting the turtle down on top of his gun. "I hope he stays, it would be cool to have him around..." he said mostly to himself before turning around and hitting Joshua with a wave of water then swam away.
As Joshua swam around in the water, he felt free from all the burdens off being banished or even out here with mutants. The water had flattened his hair, and the longer part in the middle now reached his brow. Looking around when he noticed a lack of Oscar's voice, he saw him through the clear blue water...with a turtle. Laughing a little at the sight, Josh swam closer to Oscar. When the turtle and him had surfaced, Josh couldn't help but smile looking at the two. Oscar wanted to keep the turtle as a pet. "Um, I think it would be safer here." Josh smiled. If the turtle had tagged along, there was countless scenarios in which the turtle would die...or become someone or somethings snack. Thinking about how cute Oscar looked with the turtle Josh could feel his stomach turn slightly, almost like he butterflies or something making him nervous. Though the cool, wet feeling of water clued him back into reality. Looking at a Oscar swimming away, Josh smiled and dove forward and began to swim after him. Reaching Oscar, Josh pushed his arm out slightly, causing a small wave of water to splash onto Oscar's head and Josh to laugh. "Oops!" He spoke as he laughed.

♥ Adia ♥
Watching as Kenzie addressed the man who had inquired about her sketches, Adia laughed slightly at the slight attitude that Kenzie had. Adia's eyes followed Kenzie as she ran after Vi. Looking back to the man who sat on the log a little ways away from her, she smiled slightly. "So, eavesdropping is one of your traits." She laughed, she did not at all mind this, besides a Colossus is something that everyone should worry about. "Well, since you know a piece of that secret, could you mind not blabbing just yet. With a group this large, it is easier not to let everyone know so they don't go into chaos." Smiling as she stood, Adia picked up her glaive and broke it down to two halves and placed it on to the carrier on her back. "The name is Adia. And somewhat like you, I am not from this group...in fact I don't even belong with a group or the city. Take a look around you and you will see where I belong." Adia's smile faded as she reminded herself that she didn't not belong within this group, let alone any group. Though she felt completely obligated to be here with them, anything she could do to help would make a difference. Looking back at Jocelyn, who was speaking with a man from the new small group that had just moved in, she figured she would tell her as soon as the conversation finished. She figured the conversation would take a minute so she looked back to the guy. "I can tell, you don't work well with others, do you?" Judging by the way he acted with others, and the way he held himself, he was one of those type that work best alone...unless forced into a group. She smiled, seeing a slight bit of herself in him.
@Ritual Lobotomy

Last edited:
As Joshua swam around in the water, he felt free from all the burdens off being banished or even out here with mutants. The water had flattened his hair, and the longer part in the middle now reached his brow. Looking around when he noticed a lack of Oscar's voice, he saw him through the clear blue water...with a turtle. Laughing a little at the sight, Josh swam closer to Oscar. When the turtle and him had surfaced, Josh couldn't help but smile looking at the two. Oscar wanted to keep the turtle as a pet. "Um, I think it would be safer here." Josh smiled. If the turtle had tagged along, there was countless scenarios in which the turtle would die...or become someone or somethings snack. Thinking about how cute Oscar looked with the turtle Josh could feel his stomach turn slightly, almost like he butterflies or something making him nervous. Though the cool, wet feeling of water clued him back into reality. Looking at a Oscar swimming away, Josh smiled and dove forward and began to swim after him. Reaching Oscar, Josh pushed his arm out slightly, causing a small wave of water to splash onto Oscar's head and Josh to laugh. "Oops!" He spoke as he laughed.

Oscar
Oscar nodded when Joshua said he should leave it there and after thinking about it a little while longer, Oscar agreed strongly. He swam faster away from Joshua until he couldn't anymore and stood up for air. Laughing and giggling why covering his eyes, Oscar faced Joshua as he splashed water on him. Oscar looked up at Josh and rose an eyebrow before tackling him and rolling all over the place until they stopped with him on top of the other male. The brief moment of them looking into each other's eyes were amazing, though he would never admit to it. Feeling a little embarrassed and a lot insecure, Oscar rolled off of him quickly and slid over to where his clothes were before staring down into the water. His mind start to wander again, this time deeper...would he actually want to take this step? Of course he coldn't take the first one...Oscar was new to all of this and he could almost tell Joshua wasn't. He'd wish there was some kind of book or guide on things like this, it would make his life a lot less easier...

Maverick Colt

Maverick raised his eyebrow slightly when girl he was speaking to replied "At this moment, you can not. Just trust me it's what's best for your Health and mine. But once I'm done talking to Vi I'll find you and you can look at it all you want." She seemed...afraid of him? Or afraid in general? He couldn't really put his mind to it just yes. Instead, he regained his calm facial expression again and sucked in another cigarette smoke. "Oh, non taken. I think I know just about enough to confirm my doubts. I just like your drawings." He returned the smile in somewhat cold manner. He could understand that. It was a big deal after all. She wouldn't risk everyone panic around here. It was quite a big group and not all would take it nicely. Besides, talking with a topless stranger that seemed like he hates everything and everyone probably wasn't high on her priority list. The girl referred to her friend. "You should tell Jocelyn now. I'm going to tell Vi. She more likely to listen to me and not blow up. I'll back with Vi soon." Maverick remembered the girl that greeted them and laughed lightly, referring to the other girl when the one with the notebook went to search for Vi. "Is she talking about the same drama queen from before?" He had no intention to insult, but he genuinely sucked at compliments and guessing what females want to hear. "If so, I am pretty sure here name is a synonym for blowing up." Maverick chuckled.

"So, eavesdropping is one of your traits." Maverick smiled humbly and nodded putting out the cigarette with his foot. "You could say that. It saved my ass more than once. Not ashamed to admit so." The girl continued. "Well, since you know a piece of that secret, could you mind not blabbing just yet. With a group this large, it is easier not to let everyone know so they don't go into chaos." Just as he assumed. They were avoiding the ultimate chaos that could ruin the good cooperation in their group. Scavengers were like that. In all shapes and sizes...and unpredictable. Laughing out lightly, he groaned when the wound in his shoulder stung him like a dagger. He pointed at it. "You know, ever since this happened, it is hardly a secret to me. I was doubting something is up myself. The Colossus part caught me off guard, though that would explain how the heck we got ambushed by those things last night in our camp. Considering all the protection we provided." Only at that point, Maverick remembered not to be rude. He stood up respectfully and faced the girl. "But no worries, I have no benefits from blabbering about it and either being called a freak or causing a chaos." He smirked. Talking to someone without being a dick is what he almost forgot how to do.

"The name is Adia. And somewhat like you, I am not from this group...in fact I don't even belong with a group or the city. Take a look around you and you will see where I belong." And he did. It didn't took him a lot to figure what she was saying. Laughing in a good manner he replied. "So you are a wild child eh? Impressive." Adia was the first of that kind he was able to meet and he was positively surprised by it. She was neither hostile nor hideous. He nodded lightly. "Maverick. Maverick Colt if you prefer the longer version. Asshole is how many people know me so you can't go wrong with that either." Maverick let out a calm chuckle at a joke on his expense. Adia's face flushed lightly and for a moment he wondered if he said something wrong when he actually tried his best not to. Something was bothering her. "I can tell, you don't work well with others, do you?" Maverick chuckled again. "And being insightful is one of your traits I see." He was referring to her comment from before. "But you are right. Kinda."

He looked at Vann and Gail before continuing. "Long story short, our vision of everything that happens is completely different, our goals are different, our backgrounds, needs and ambitions are different as well. We are just a team of different people that found a way to function together when needed. Nothing more." Even though he preferred Gail over Vann, he still felt only what he owes to her kept him around."We are not on the same level. Though the lack of 'all for one and one for all' made us stronger. When everybody take care of themselves instead of fully relying on teammates, it is more possible that everyone will survive." He smiled to Adia. "But speaking of questions, what are you doing here with all these people? You don't seem like someone who is in need of a group. Especially this large. Why would you do that to yourself then?" It was an intelligent and sarcastic joke. The kind of joke he was really good at, though he really wanted to know her answer.
@Autumn_Burns_Red
@Rieezy

♥ Adia ♥
Looking back at the man, who called her a wild child, Adia laughed slightly. "I guess you can say that. Living out here since I was born, raised where the mutants roam, and where I learned the kill." Adia looked around at the environment, she had never been inside a safe place except in recent days which were put to a end almost immediately. When he introduced himself to her, she smiled at the way he held himself, strong and with courage. She looked passed the whole ass-hole demeanor and saw a guy who wanted to help, but on his own terms. He wasn't your average G.I.JOE and neither was Adia. Though she looked at the way he was built, she knew she could take him in hand to hand combat, not by over powering him, but by using his weak spots to her advantage.
"But speaking of questions, what are you doing here with all these people? You don't seem like someone who is in need of a group. Especially this large. Why would you do that to yourself then?" He questioned her. Adia smiled at the tall, shirtless, man. To be honesty she had no clue why she came back each time she ventured outward, she would go as far as three miles from the group and than make her way back. Still holding her gaze at Maverick, she wondered to herself why he would be willing to join a group like this. "I have yet to learn the exact reason why I stay, but I do know I can't let all of you die out here without me trying to help you guys out. My father was a man to back away from challenge and abandoned me with I was a infant. Being taken in by a man named Beady, taught me that you need challenge to succeed in life, other wise your life is boring and worthless. He also taught me that if there is a person, weaponless, and a mutant was to attack, you do not turn your back and let them die, you help without a second thought. I guess this is the weaponless person in a sense. Especially, if I am the only one with great knowledge on a Colossus, I am not leaving any time soon." Adia smiled slightly as she remembered Beady, than the smile faded as she remembered his death. Taking her mind off of the situation, she looked at Maverick. "On the other hand, I know you probably won't say yes, but if you want I can fix your shoulder up and make you some pain medicine." Adia could care less if he said no, it wasn't her responsibility to take that much care of the people here.
@Ritual Lobotomy

Looking up at Oscar, who was above him, Joshua smiled for a minute and thought to kiss the boy, but decided against it...not knowing how Oscar would take it. With the quick reaction to the realization that he was in fact on top of Joshua and removed himself, Josh knew that his decision was correct and he allowed himself to feel the slight sting of what seemed like rejection. Gathering himself together, he exited the body of water, and moved to his clothing. Facing the opposite way of where Oscar stood, he bent down and grabbed his shirt, quickly placing over his head and back on to his body. Taking his pants, he slipped his legs into each hole, and pulled them up. Looking a little bit over his shoulder at Oscar, he spotted the man looking a little glum. He had no clue what was going on his head, let only what he thought of Josh; though Josh's feelings for Oscar grew and emerged from the shadows of his heart, he was in fact falling for Oscar. The worst part was the whole "not knowing" thing of it, he didn't even think that Oscar swung that way let alone thought that way. Looking down, his dark shirt and pants where slightly wet with the water, Josh had not allowed to evaporate off of his skin, though he did not mind it would only keep him cool down here for the time being. Grabbing his shoes from the ground, Josh sat down on a boulder and put them on, lacing the up and still his mind wondered over to Oscar. Looking over, he looked so deep in thought same as before. -Whatever he is thinking about is something serious- Josh thought to himself. After finishing up with his shoes, Josh grabbed his gun from the ground. Sighing and looking back at Oscar, he thought for a minute what his next move would be. Looking down for a second, Josh decided to walk over to Oscar. "So, either you are contemplating how to blow up the earth, or something is really bothering you. What's going on in your head Oscar, you can tell me."
@ForgottenBlood

Last edited:
~Jocelyn~
Jocelyn watched as the team made their introductions, and the one who did not. She did not mind that, mostly because she simply cared for those who could fight well. "I am sorry. That is Maverick Colt. The happiest person you will ever meet." Gail spoke up. Jocelyn had recognized her, when she came closer, though she chose to say nothing. Looking back to the man named Maverick, just in time to see him cause Kenzie to leave and him spark up a conversation with Adia. "Well, you will meet the other members of this team sooner or later, but let me help you out. The girl talking with Maverick is Adia, resident survivor and the forest is her home, if you need to know something based on mutants or the forest you can ask her. Trust me she is nice and understanding of every type of person." Looking around the camp, she looked past the know completely died fire, on to the group my the bushes. "The guy with long hair is, Trenton, and the guy with longish black hair is Bradley or Brad. The guy next to the blonde is Derek, and the blonde herself is Claire. The girl looking over the camp with her gun, is Jessica. You met Vi, and the girl that ran after her is Kenzie." Jocelyn turned to them and smiled slightly, though only in politeness. Though the smile faded when, Gail, stepped closer. "I am sorry, but do I know you from before?" Jocelyn looked at the girl, she in fact did know her, but she wasn't all to found of the group she once belonged to. "Let's just say, you need to remember May 18th of last year." And with that Jocelyn let the topic be dropped by changing it almost immediately. "We will be moving camp soon so please keep your belongings together and ready to go."
@Ritual Lobotomy

• Love
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Maverick Colt

Maverick listened to Adia's story carefully, connecting the dots to match with his first impression of the green-eyed girl. There was no doubt she was gorgeous but might as well be humble about it. By the way she faced him as a total stranger, he could tell she had enough experience and a good head on her shoulders to accurately determine the danger. "I see." Maverick spoke when Adia finished. He somewhat silently admired her will and attitude, but was still unwilling to express it. "That is...quite the opinion on things you got there. I am quite surprised that you are able to think that way after everything you've been through." The truth was, he knew how it is to be alone, not fitting in and misunderstood. Nobody ever realized that he never cared only for himself because he wanted to. Loosing those that were worth fighting for change the man. And so he was changed.

At the mention of Colossus, he joked in attempt to cheer her up. "Great knowledge?" He raised his eyebrow. "Wow, that is a bummer. I was just about to offer you a challenge in knowledge but, loosing against the girl... Well I am already wrongly taken so I think I'll pass." He winked in a playful manner. "Though one of these days, I would love to hear what you actually know." And it wasn't just so he would say it. Deep down, he yearned for knowledge and some experience sharing. So far, all of his suggestion and all of his knowledge of mutants went unappreciated and mocked. Only thing he always enjoyed in it was when in the end he was able to say 'I told you so.'

"On the other hand, I know you probably won't say yes, but if you want I can fix your shoulder up and make you some pain medicine." Maverick chuckled and stroke his decent and tidy beard. "Oh come on now. You know me for what? Ten to fifteen minutes? You can't possibly consider me that much of a cold-heart bastard already. That would be a record." He sat back on the log and took off the gauze revealing deep cuts. He had a lot of knowledge, but he genuinely sucked at mending wounds even if had a 'step-to-step' guide. He then referred to Gail "Considering my usual babysitter is busy talking. Hate to say it, but if I am gonna be of any use, I need this fixed." He always had a successful ways of avoiding the word 'help'. It was of no difference this time. "Besides, turning down that offer from a smart and pretty girl like you would be just way too cold. Even for me." He chuckled briefly before remembering she could easily make his condition worse if she found his words way too imposing. "Oh, and before you kick my ass, that was just a friendly compliment." Yes, he really sucked with females.

Vann Carson & Gail Nolan

tumblr_mdbdpyO3FU1rshicuo1_1280.jpg 787324.jpg

Vann did his best to memorize all those names, but ever since he had a team three years ago, he really didn't have to remember so much names which caused him a problem. "I will do my best to memorize all that, though I can't really promise I will manage at first." He replied a bit unsatisfied with his inability to do so. He nodded. "Very well, will meet them all in person soon enough I suppose." As Gail asked her question, he could tell, Jocelyn wasn't the slightest pleased with it. It was confirmed with her cold reply. "Let's just say, you need to remember May 18th of last year." Vann frowned lightly and looked at Gail, that now seemed to be realizing things because she simply replied. "Right." As if she remembered the point of that answer. She hardly ever seemed so quiet as then, but not as humble or disappointed as he expected her to be.

Little did he know about his teammates and he was determined to change it sooner or later. Not knowing what they were capable of, once almost cost him his life. Would he really make the same mistake again? But then, if they wanted to get rid of him, they would do it easily? It was all because only thing he knew about them came from his colleagues and themselves. Gail was the most mysterious one. Maverick confirmed his stand the first day but girl... the girl was quite the puzzle. The train of he thoughts was broken after Jocelyn spoke. "We will be moving camp soon so please keep your belongings together and ready to go." Vann nodded. "If there is anything we can do to assist in carrying to the next stop, we will gladly do it." He looked around. "Any specific route we are taking?"

@Autumn_Burns_Red

♥ Adia ♥
Walking over to the log where Maverick set, she raised her leg over the log and mounted it. "So, what did this to you?" She asked him, hoping to distracting him from the pain of cleaning the wound. Looking deeper into it, their was a discolored look to the flesh that could be seen. "Well, your wound is infected. Nothing dangerous, just a common infection. I have something that can clear it up within the day, but it will sting." Adia smiled and reached into her satchel and pulled a small canister out and opened it to reveal a sticky goo like paste and she showed him, to let him know what she was putting on his wound. "It is all natural, has a herb that grows in the tropics called holy basil, Rosemary, calendula, garlic, honey and the sap from a maple tree." She spoke as she placed it on the wound. As she applied the goo to him, it began to turn yellow, like she thought it would. Reaching down, she removed a a clean rag from her bag and began to wipe, gently, away the first layer of the ointment and the stitches which had broke down with the application of the ointment. After which she replaced the ointment on him. Reaching back in she pulled out another canister. "Okay, so I removed the old stitches because many of them were falling apart." Opening up the canister, Adia brought out a stitching needle and of course the stitch itself. Threading it through she looked at him a chuckled a little. "So what is it like in the city?" She was curious and wanted him to try not to pay attention to the fact of her putting in the stitches with the ointment fresh was going to burn. "Sorry if this burns, Maverick." She apologized and began the process of stitching him up. Afterwards she pulled one last small container out of her bag. "This is Ashwagandha, it will support your immune system and help you fight off any future infections. Just eat it tonight, and tomorrow morning." She handed it to him and placed her kit and ointment back into the bag, closing the satchel she swung her leg over and sat next him.
@Ritual Lobotomy

Last edited:
Maverick Colt

He could tell how badly he screwed up his wound after doing it his own way. He in no case should have let it bleed again. Now it looked quite awful. As Adia prepared to do what had to be done to fix it, Maverick began to wonder how much will it actually hurt. "So, what did this to you?" She asked. "Well, some say a really horny Dome head. I claim it just knew what it was doing. For a change." His wound started to sting and he jerked lightly, but coped with it heroically even thought it felt like a dagger getting pushed in it all over again. "They somewhat ambushed us. I've never seen it coming. It jumped on my back and reached to my throat, but luckily they still suck at physics." He chuckled lightly, doing his best to ignore the pain. "I leaned back and used it's weight against it to shake that thing off. But it was bigger and stronger than usual and soon enough I was able to see what it left on my shoulder. Hate to think what would happen if that really was my throat." He groaned in a mild pain when Adia touched the wound again. "Well, your wound is infected. Nothing dangerous, just a common infection. I have something that can clear it up within the day, but it will sting."

Maverick sighed. "Eh. Sure. Is what you get for being an ass about obeying the rules of medicine I guess." He looked at the mass she showed him. It actually smelled and seemed quite docile. "It is all natural, has a herb that grows in the tropics called holy basil, Rosemary, calendula, garlic, honey and the sap from a maple tree." Maverick nodded in anticipation. 'Sting' was nowhere near as accurate as the actual pain. It seemed as if hundreds of ants or bees stung into it and it numbed his entire shoulder. "Fucking...hell..." He panted out. It was a really good way to make him shut up at least for the moment. He breathed out when the stinging calmed down. "I solemnly swear I shall never piss on herbs again. They are obviously not impressed..." If he knew she had no idea what she was doing, he would hit the road long time ago. "Okay, so I removed the old stitches because many of them were falling apart." By getting rid of the previous stitches, at least she freed him of that impossible itch he was feeling. Mixed up with sweat and blood it made an itchy combo, bad for you sanity. He gulped lightly as Adia prepared to stitch him back up and not even all the snarky jokes in the world would make him feel any better. "So what is it like in the city?"

"The city?" He repeated to fill in the moments while he actually formed a good enough answer in his head. "Depends on who you ask I guess. From my point of view it is as good as a shit hole perfumed and wrapped up nicely as your birthday present." He heard the girl apologizing for what she would do next. "Sorry if this burns, Maverick." He laughed lightly. "Hey, I am a big boy. I can handle it I believe." The pain was persistent and he already began to sweat, but he insisted on proceeding and focusing on not whining about it. "Just a pretty golden cage that makes you feel safe, before you realize you don't control anything you think or do and everything you do and need is determined by someone else who thinks they know it all." Adia's tactics worked. For a moment, he felt no pain while remembering how much he despised those that left his family with nothing, singed out his injured Scavenger father that was one of their best and cared no more for his family's well being when they became useless and unproductive in the eyes of the leaders. At that point he realized why he despised Scavengers like Vann and Gail so much. Vann got the job, he was able to provide a decent living and his father got no such chance and Gail... even thought she was of much help to him and only he knows how much he appreciated it, in his eyes she was still a girl with a Scavenger family, not giving a single shit about things...till now that they are all kicked out of their golden cage and mashed up together to deal with it.

The last stitch hurt like no other before and it brought him back from his thoughts. He quickly realized that he was squeezing his thigh so hard his hand turned as white as it gets, more of anger than of pain. He exhaled and loosen up a bit. The wound was neatly fixed and even thought it still burned, now it was manageable. The green-eyed female offered him a container. "This is Ashwagandha, it will support your immune system and help you fight off any future infections. Just eat it tonight, and tomorrow morning." Maverick nodded and accepted the container, wiping the sweat off his face. "I see. I shall do so." She sat back next to him and he saluted to her casually, and making sure nobody can hear, he mumbled. "Thank you, Adia. Much appreciated." He cleared his throat and spoke in his usual calm and cold tone but with the visible dose of humor to it. "Just don't tell anyone I said this. I have an asshole reputation to maintain." He offered her a sincere but brief smirk just to change the subject right after. "So. Double-bladed glaive?" He referred to her weapon. "Interesting choice. I assume that means you are a swift fighter with a good sense of balance then." It was more of a statement than a question. "Bet it is interesting to use."

@Autumn_Burns_Red

Looking up at Oscar, who was above him, Joshua smiled for a minute and thought to kiss the boy, but decided against it...not knowing how Oscar would take it. With the quick reaction to the realization that he was in fact on top of Joshua and removed himself, Josh knew that his decision was correct and he allowed himself to feel the slight sting of what seemed like rejection. Gathering himself together, he exited the body of water, and moved to his clothing. Facing the opposite way of where Oscar stood, he bent down and grabbed his shirt, quickly placing over his head and back on to his body. Taking his pants, he slipped his legs into each hole, and pulled them up. Looking a little bit over his shoulder at Oscar, he spotted the man looking a little glum. He had no clue what was going on his head, let only what he thought of Josh; though Josh's feelings for Oscar grew and emerged from the shadows of his heart, he was in fact falling for Oscar. The worst part was the whole "not knowing" thing of it, he didn't even think that Oscar swung that way let alone thought that way. Looking down, his dark shirt and pants where slightly wet with the water, Josh had not allowed to evaporate off of his skin, though he did not mind it would only keep him cool down here for the time being. Grabbing his shoes from the ground, Josh sat down on a boulder and put them on, lacing the up and still his mind wondered over to Oscar. Looking over, he looked so deep in thought same as before. -Whatever he is thinking about is something serious- Josh thought to himself. After finishing up with his shoes, Josh grabbed his gun from the ground. Sighing and looking back at Oscar, he thought for a minute what his next move would be. Looking down for a second, Josh decided to walk over to Oscar. "So, either you are contemplating how to blow up the earth, or something is really bothering you. What's going on in your head Oscar, you can tell me."
@ForgottenBlood

Oscar
Oscar continued to look down at his reflection in the water as Joshua started to get dressed. He could feel the other male looking at him every so often and knew ahead of time that he was going to ask. He sighed and unfolded his arms that found their way around his legs then stood up before turning around, which was also when Joshua decided to ask him. Oscar shook his head and smiled weakly, "No, i'm alright..Really." he lied before putting on his clothing and picking up his weapon. He smiled up at Joshua then slowly looked down at his pants, when he saw the sight he couldn't help but laugh. "Really does look like you peed on yourself..." he told Joshua and laughed a little more. You could say that this was sorta a way to get out of any further questions about the situation, but what you couldn't say was that Oscar was faking his laugh. Even though it wasn't that funny, Oscar continued to laugh...you had to laugh at the little things to make any joy out of being here. After the both of them finished laughing, he sighed and looked at his watch then up at the high cliff edge. "Erm um...Maybe we should get going now?" he said still a bit shaken from the question that was asked earlier. "I don't feel like running into any huge mutants today if we have the chance not to." he told Josh.

~Jocelyn~
Looking back at the girl, Jocelyn could tell she was remembering the date. Refocusing back onto Vann, she smiled. "Everyone around here pulls there weight, if not more, so just help in any way you can." She answered his first question. The second however was a more difficult question. Jocelyn was super positive where the group would need to head next, seeing as she was trying to near them close to a abandon gated community that she found on one of the scavenges previous. Though the road there was unavoidable and would take a least a day, though there was a catch to it. "We are going through Death Valley." The thing about Death Valley it wasn't named after the original one in eastern California, this one was named because many mutants lived in here, and well thet blocked the city from the rest of the world. "Don't worry so much, we have many scavengers here and we are all highly skilled in killing them. Besides we have Adia, if you ask the girl she will tell you how she stayed in Death Valley for about a week." Jocelyn laughed, she wasn't one to get worked up about danger, let only when it meant they could make it through to a safe environment for now.

♥ Adia ♥
Smiling at a grateful Maverick, Adia laughed a little with his thank you. Leaning over she whispered into his ear. "Don't worry secrets safe with me." Adia wasn't really one to judge someone for who they were let alone the front that put up, when in turn she put up a front her own. She lived by the policy -don't judge unless you are fucking perfect yourself- and so far it was a good policy. Looking back a little to the blade that neared her face, she laughed. "Yeah, there fun...at least to me they are. Eventually you will see them in battle, or there is a black-widow about half a mile out to the north, and well if you want I can show you how fun they really are." Adia smiled and looked at him, she wouldn't mind to go and take down a black-widow, one less mutant to worry about. Pulling the blades from her back, she put the two ends together and they seemed to make a bound that was unbreakable unless willed to be. "I got them when I was six, and well never needed a new weapon." She smiled and looked over to him. "What do you use?"
@Ritual Lobotomy

Looking down at the comment that Oscar made about his pants, Joshua began to laugh. His pants were especially soaked in his mid section. "Okay, can we not tell anyone about that." After Oscar agreed, he mentioned the fact they needed to be getting back...like now. Looking up to the sun, he smiled, this was one of his better days here. "Yeah, lets get going. By the time we make it to the wall I should no longer be wet and able to carry you up." Thinking for a minute, Joshua was happy that it looked like he wet his pants instead of him being a little too happy. Chuckling a little bit as the two walked to the wall, he hoped Oscar would eventually open up to him, but one can only hope.
Just as Josh had predicted, his clothing was pretty much dry completely, except for parts of his shirt which oddly seemed to retain the water. "Sorry to say this, but my shirt is still a little damp so your gonna have to live with it, because I am not letting you climb up by yourself cause I am not losing you." Before Joshua contemplated the last part of the sentence, he already spoke it. Looking around he smiled and tried to avert Oscar's gaze which seemed to be filled with a tiny bit of surprise.
@ForgottenBlood

Last edited:
Claire
Claire looked at Derek once more before picking up her own duffel. It didnt have much in it. Only Coral's old scarf she used to wear all the time. It was white, and dirty, but she didnt care. It belonged to her sister who was dead now. She was never coming back, and the least she could do was keep something of Coral alive.

Hoisting Bullseye over her shoulder, she balanced her weight on one leg, analyzing the camp before walking back over to Derek.
"Do you know when we're going? Any word from Jocelyn?"

@Autumn_Burns_Red

• Love
[fieldbox=, purple, solid]
KXTEGZNm.jpg
V
i started her walk with Justice, she was still pissed off. She wasn't mad at the newcomers or even Trent, she was mad at herself for losing her cool. She broke down for...for some dog! Vi looked down at Justice, who looked at right back up at her. She smirked at him. "Come on, let's head back. I think I'm okay now." She turned around just in time to see Kenzie coming at her.

She watched Kenzie go on about some colossus and mutants morphing. Vi's eyes started to bulged out of her head. Vi never got scared or paranoid, but this was something to freak out about. "What the fuck Kenzie! Did you tell Jocelyn about this? Of course not! Ummm...we should get back to the camp and find out more about theses...colossus." She grabbed Kenzie by the hand. "I'm glad you told me before anyone, this time." Vi smirked and ran with Kenzie back to camp. Justice followed tight behind them.

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Kenzie

Vi grabbing her hand and running, surprised her a little, causing Kenzie to stumble behind her like a toddles mother who was going way to fast. Once she caught her footing she replied to her comment about telling her first this time. "Learn to climb a damn tree and you would have known first." Pulling back a little as she forced Vi to slow down. "We have to go in the camp like nothing is wrong. Everyone's on edge as it is, and god knows what they will think if we come busing through the clearing like mad women. Plus with new people the last thing we need is chaos." She finished forcing Vi to slow into a walk, never once letting go of her hand.

Kenzie's mind floating back to when they were first kicked out of the city. She had never really be outside of the city before. And the few times she had were easy runs. Ones her father knew the danger was very slim. So this was a whole new playing field. To say she was terrified was an understatement. But it was Vi who came up and slip her hand in hers. Making sure she knew she would be okay. And now here she was trying to calm Vi down.

A small smile playing on her lips.
"So do we just call her over? Or shall we, I don't know have a big old fight, causing her to rip us apart. I mean it wouldn't be the first time. And everyone pretty much knows not to test you, only I can do that." Kenzie laughed a little trying to calm Vi some more. By now the others had gotten use to the two fighting or arguing. Kenzie had a way of pushing Vi's buttons at times. In which most though she was crazy for doing so and had told her many times. To which Kenzie would just shrug and reply, it's what little sisters are suppose to do. It shows we care.

@Shattered♦Secrets™

[fieldbox=, purple, solid]
KXTEGZNm.jpg
V
i started to walk slower...Kenzie was right. They shouldn't just barge in and cause even more chaos and craziness amongst the group. Vi thought about what Kenzie said. "Follow my lead." Vi walked into the camp, ripping her hand away from Kenzie. "I said leave me alone! I don't need you to check up on me...like I'M the little sister! Next time I say leave me the hell alone...I mean leave me the hell alone!" Vi could put on a great show, when she wanted too. Maybe she really was a Drama Queen. She grunted, but had a smirked on her face, only Kenzie would be able to see it.

[/fieldbox]
@Rieezy
[fieldbox=, red, solid]
012eumbm.jpg
J
ay watched as the newcomers introduced themselves to Jo. The one called Vann, he seemed like an upstanding guy. This group needed more men like him. What they didn't need was another smart ass, Vi was enough difficulty for one group. Jay just hoped that Maverick wasn't all jackass and idiot...if he was, this was going to be great. Jay watched near a tree as Vi and Kenzie came back to the camp. Vi was yelling at Kenzie...it was usual to see the two go at it. Jay just shook his head, Jo would handle them two. For now he just relaxed by the tree.

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.