The Banishment

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenzie

"Umm... Yes because she was ready to not come in here nicely at all. I had to calm her down some way and make sure no ears were going to come around. No one is dumb enough to come around is now."
Kenzie's replied as she looked up at Jocelyn. "And we set an example for the new ones. With the way you took Vi down and forced me out here. No one should question your authority. Because let's face it. While yes you listen to us all and try to be as fair as possible. We still need a smart leader. Sure you got this whole co leader thing going on. But let's face it. We're not dead yet and working so well together because of you." She finished as she stood next to Vi. Sure she had nothing against Josh. But at times he could be a little wreck less. And well that's usually when Jocelyn would step in. Standing next to these two made her feel safe. At this moment she had her big sister and the best friend she could go to with anything. Both girls had taken her in and trained her back in the city. Hell the only reason she got to go out of the city was when Jocelyn would talk her dad into it. Her eyes grew wide as she mentioned going into Death Valley. "So what's the plan? Am I staying close to Nick?"she asked waiting for the answer. She knew how Vi could get when she was on the ground. And Death Valley had no trees to hide in.

@Autumn_Burns_Red @Shattered♦Secrets™

.: Joshua :.
Darkness! That is what Joshua saw, everywhere he looked. He felt the sting of his back and the pain of his side; the blood had basically poured out of him as he had ran to the camp. His number one priority was getting Oscar back safely, and that is what he did for the most part. Though the last thing he remembered was his legs giving way and him crashing to the ground. The bites, slashes and pain was all but forgotten in his mind, they burned even now. Hearing faint noises of a conversation clued Josh back into reality; though he tried to open his eyes they wouldn't budge, it was like a blindfold was placed onto his eyes blocking out his sight.
Within a moment, he felt water be brought to his forehead, and he winced slightly, still unable to open his eyes. This was a nightmare, knowing something is happening but not being able to see it. He felt someones lap under neath him, it was comfortable almost like a pillow. Joshua could feel the warmth of the lap, and he slightly smiled. Though it faded soon when he felt his heart slow, he could feel his heart starting to close up...starting to stop. He coughed blood up and it burned his throat. He reached up and pulled at Oscar's arms, placing them on his chest. He needed to concentrate on something. Pulling Oscar's arms to his chest allowed him to focus on the thoughts that Oscar brought to him, and soon Joshua felt his heart race. He thought of the way Oscar smiled and how even in a world like this he was still so curious to know what was out there, he wasn't afraid.
As Joshua's heart picked up speed, his eyes began to open and his hearing was fully in gear. Looking up he noticed Oscar was looking down upon him slightly frightened. "Who ever you like mostly likely likes you back, love. Besides take it from a pansexual man, you're a cutie." Joshua smiled and again coughed up more blood. He rolled over off of Oscar, allowing the blood to fall to the ground. Though as soon as his body turned he let out a yell, it was like a thousands knifes were slowly being inserted into his body. "Shit."
@ForgottenBlood

~Jocelyn~
Jocelyn looked at Kenzie as she spoke about the whole leader thing. Jocelyn did take care of the team, and well enforced the rules, though she was completely grateful to Oscar for helping her be a leader. Taking a step back when she noticed Joshua collapse to the ground she was going to go over, but then Oscar took Joshua towards the river. Looking back at the two, she smiled. "I get Josh can be a huge dumb-ass, but trust me when I say this...if it came down to you about to be killed by a mutant and no one had any weapons...that boy would sacrifice himself to save you. So give him a chance...again." Jocelyn stepped back with the trio's circle and looked back to Kenzie who had asked a question. "You do what you need to do out in Death Valley. You and Vi can stay together for all I care, but Nicholas should be with you guys."
@Rieezy

⊗Derek⊗
Falling on to his ass, Derek watched as Oscar stitched up his cousin. It was like he was losing his family all over again, and it hurt. When Oscar picked up Joshua and took him to the river, Derek set frozen in his spot looking at all the blood on the ground, it covered the leafs and the dirt was stained crimson. He could feel himself shaking in fear, and his body felt like it was shutting down. He had no clue if Josh was going to make it at all, with that much blood loss, it scared Derek to the core. He felt his heart tighten and become fairly weak. Tears escaped him and he felt completely vulnerable at this moment. The sight of his cousin lying there almost lifeless haunted him. Even though Oscar had told him Josh was still breathing, Derek couldn't help but think about Joshua dying. Looking up to Claire he had a frightened look on his face. "Claire...?" Derek tried to form a sentence, but it came out like him questioning her name. In all honesty he just wanted her there, with him...holding him.
@Ayla

Reactions: T E R R O R
Oscar
Oscar sighed, Joshua didn't seem like he was going to move anytime soon...he hated himself for letting that hellhound get to him...even though it wasn't his fault at all. When Joshua smiled, Oscar gasped and pulled the cloth away before waiting to see his eyes and that's exactly what he got. Oscar smiled back when Joshua finally answer though it quickly faded away when he saw him coughing up blood. Quickly, Oscar went through his bag and pulled out some pills then gave him two and some water. "These are only for dire emergencies...but I greatly think this is one...Take them, please." he said putting them into his hand. "This will help with the pain and blood lost..." he told him truthfully. "The downside will be that you will feel drowsy, but sleep is better than coughing up blood and feeling like shit..." he explained further and waited for him to take them. As soon as he took them, Oscar motioned him to lay back down on his lap while he was on guard and watching out for mutants. They had never came to the river bed before, but never say never right? He decided to help Joshua get some rest by telling him a story. "Wanna hear the story about how my sister's head got stuck in the toilet?" he asked and laughed a little then proceeded to tell him.

Claire
The next time Claire looked torward the lifeless form of Joshua, her eyes skirted over Derek, who looked like he was about to shut down and take on the form of a bleeding Joshua. She didnt really know Derek's cousin, but it was one of the few family members Derek had left, and she knew how he was feeling.

Claire dropped Bullseye on the ground and knelt torward Derek. He didnt need to ask or tell her anything, she just knew. She used her arms and turned his body away from Joshua. Oscar would patch him up, and the others would help him survive, but Derek didnt need to see that. She turned his head opposite of Joshua's body and pressed her forehead againt his, looking at him through her lashes.

"Derek. Look at me, not him. He's going to be fine, okay? Perfectly fine. Dont look at him. Me. Only me. It'll be okay. You won't lose him, I promise."
She didnt want to promise something she didnt know would happen, but she could feel Derek's fear, feel him tremble where her hands rested on shoulders. Claire wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a hug. This time, she didnt care who was watching. Didnt care who was around them. Derek needed her, and there was no way she was going to be sef concious about who was watching them.

@Autumn_Burns_Red

• Love
Reactions: Ritual Lobotomy
Maverick Colt

018c893d2ad862d048979d31bda8c8c3.jpg

He didn't really paid attention to his front, being too busy watching their back, when he glued himself against Adia's extended arm. "Hey, what gives?" He asked, once more in a surprised, but more of a cool and calm fashion than a frustrated one. "Don't move." And just as he knew her for a while now, he stopped in his track. He hardly ever gave anyone upper hand, but if he wanted to get his ass whole to the "hunting ground" and back, he was ought to listen to her. Even though he knew a lot, he was in no position to compete with a life-long experience among those hideous things. He nodded approvingly. "Where are they?" He asked now completely focused on his surroundings. Before he realized what she was doing, Adia threw a rock at the clearing. "Alright now what is that supposed to m..." He jerked violently but somehow stayed on spot when the creature emerged and pulled the rock back into the ground with it. "What the FUCK was that?!" His heart was beating violently and his angina started acting up. Even so, he ignored the suffocating feeling that developed in his chest.

"Make sure to really focus when you are out here. Mutants are evolving and well take that for a example." Maverick cleared his throat as his pulse went down a bit. He was well aware of what to do in that medical condition of his. "Ah, no shit? I was wondering why I did not remember seeing that motherfucker before. Well, I will for sure remember it now. Fucks sake..." He exhaled loudly and straightened back up. The girl was now on the ground, with her ear glued to the surface and the smile spreading across her face. Both nervous and triumphal. "Maverick, we have a problem on our hands." He looked at her with a serious face and for the first time it was dead serious. "No. We are rather in some deep shit than only having a problem." He looked to the ground around. "If there is more, which is probable, this area is a mine field and we are in the middle of it." Maverick knelt down and pressed on the ground with his palm. "It's is as firm as it gets." He looked up at Adia. "Meaning two things. They do not simply ambush but do everything down there which could be a big ass problem because tracking them would be hard for those that do not know what to pay attention to and second..." He rewind his thoughts on the moment when the thing flew out of the ground as if it was made of marshmallows and cotton candy. "...They have one mother of a fucking armor if they all can do what that one did. Which again could and will be a problem."

He stood back up and smiled at Adia daringly. "One thing is left to consider." He took the piece of metal out of his backpack and played with it for the moment. "We need to see how good they are." With that, he chuckled and threw the metal piece on the ground, dangerously close to them. It hit the ground with a decent metal-like sound and it seemed like the eternity till the creature emerged even though it was only a second. The ground broke and the scorpion-like creature emerged, reaching towards the metal piece with it's strong mutated jaws not seeming to care about them at all. Maverick cleared his throat on purpose, reaching towards his gun, but nothing happened. Confused, the mutant descended back to it's tunnel, covering it up with the dirt on it's way down. Maverick nodded. "The convenient thing is that they obviously are blind, deaf and I assume have no sense of smell or it is way to weak. We are standing down the wind so it would sense us otherwise." He scratched his head. "The not so convenient fact is that they are fast, precise and movement sensitive as hell." He sighed still not making any move. "We can just hope colony didn't progress that far ahead of us." It all seemed to go from bad to worse though he was glad he was having this conversation with someone who would listen. He chuckled at himself even though the situation was bad. "I blabber way to much. I just believed you might take that into consideration."

@Autumn_Burns_Red

⊗Derek⊗
Derek reached up and held tightly to Claire. "I...I can'r lose him!" Derek choked out the words, having to gasp for air after words. He felt like a complete mess and well he looked the part. Tears stained his cheeks, and he was the complete opposite of what society considered a man at this point. He kept revisiting the images of his cousin within his mind. As Claire kept calling for him to look into her eyes, Derek couldn't ignore for much longer and he complied. His vision was blurry, but he could make out Claire directly after blinking, though it soon faded with tears. By this point he was't even taking in consideration others were around and he looked like a blabbering baby. "Promise?" He looked up into Claire's eyes, who nodded in agreement. He seemed like a small boy crying because he scraped his knee at the moment, though he didn't mind. He pulled tighter on Claire, hoping he wouldn't have to let go.
@Ayla

Joshua slipped the pills into his mouth, followed by the water, and swallowed. "Thanks." Josh spoke as he rolled over onto his non-bitten side, and looked up at Oscar. "It feels like my insides were torn out." He didn't fully think that the pain was going to be going away any time soon, so he tried to adjust to it. Looking down at his bloody chest, he noticed his shirt was missing; though the thought was suppressed quickly by the realization of all the stitch work that was done on him. "Wow...I must look freakin' hot in blood and stitching." He groaned. Looking back up at Oscar, as he mentioned the story of his sister, Joshua pulled himself forward a little, flipped to his back, and rested his head on Oscar's lap. "Let's hear it." Joshua smiled up at him.
A few minutes into the story, the medication started to kick in and take over Joshua. He started to completely ignore all of Oscar's story, and focus on the way his jawline was, then his eyes. "What ever guy you like, Oscar, would be completely stupid not to like you back." Joshua smiled, lifted his hand and stroked Oscar's cheek smoothly. Though before long the weight of his arm being up became to much, and the arm returned to his side.His eyelids became heavy and he started dozing off. As he did, he began to laugh. "Just so you know Oscar...I find you extremely attractive." And with that in the air, Joshua fell into a deep sleep, not being able to remember the words he just spoke.
@ForgottenBlood

♥ Adia ♥
Looking directly over to Maverick while he talked, she soaked in the conversation. The armor of the new mutants were in fact top of the line, and they had no idea how well they were built to combat the Scavengers weapons; this was going to be a dangerous trail and run, one that slightly frightened yet excited Adia. It took a moment to dawn on Adia that they had no idea where all the latches to their "nest" were, and for all she knew they could be in the center of it. "I blabber way to much. I just believed you might take that into consideration." Adia looked up at Maverick again, than down to ground. They were a different breed the ones she had meet in the past. "Can you climb a tree?" Adia smiled and slowly walked up to the tall tree close to them. She looked back to Maverick and than back up to the tree, bending down she launched herself up and grabbed hold on the branch. Using her upper body strength, Adia pulled herself up to one of the higher branches. Looking back down to Maverick she motioned him to come up.
After he moved up into the tree, Adia scooted forwards. Pulled out a empty useless bottle and tossed it down wards in the center of the small clearing. Only seconds passed until the creature emerged, but this time two of them came out. Adia pulled a basic throwing knife out from her bag and flung from her hand directly at the mutant, stabbing it in the center part of its head. He cried in pain, and the two shot out of the ground blowing the latches to there nests off. "Are you ready for this." Observing them, Adia noticed a liquid escaping their scorpion like tail, then she noticed the breaks in the armor...it was where they had to move. "Avoid the tail at all costs, and aim for the joints." With that Adia brought out her glaive and stuck the two ends together forming the double sided glaive. Adia ducked forward and fell to the ground. -Avoid the tail, and aim for the joints- she reminded herself. She breathed in deeply letting the air fill her lungs, as the mutants locked eyes on her. "You better have my back, Maverick!" Adia began to run at the mutants and used her glaive as a pole vault, shooting herself over one. In mid-air, Adia brought her glaive down and sliced off the tail of one of them at the base. Hearing it cry gave Adia a little bit of satisfaction, though it was short lived. They two quickly turned around and came at her, full speed. "Shit." Adia turned and ran in the direction of a tree, and back flipped off of it over the mutant. She turned and ran in the direction of Maverick.
@Ritual Lobotomy.

Claire
Claire clung to Derek, afraid that if she let go, he would spiral into something even darker. She knew this feeling too well. She had been the same exact way, except Coral had already been dead. She knew her sister would never be coming back, and she prayed that Joshua would come back, just so Derek didnt have to go through what she felt when her last rope to sanity snapped, dead along with the rest of her family. Her last one thing she wanted was Derek... And even now, it was far, far beyond her reach.

She held on to him. Claire was scared that if Joshua didnt end up making it, Derek would blame her, and they would lose the last thing that meant anything between them. Truthfully, if Claire lost her one last friend, she would snap and fall into the abyss that loomed in her chest, waiting for her to finally give in to the greif and madness.

"He'll make it. Joshua is strong."

@Autumn_Burns_Red

[fieldbox=, silver, solid]
Vi Westwood|Jay Cartwright

KXTEGZNm.jpg
012eumbm.jpg
[/fieldbox]​
[fieldbox=Vi Westwood, purple, dashed]
Vi shook her head. "Absolutely not! Nick is not going to be with me and Kenzie. It's bad enough that I'm going to have to watch over Kenzie, do you expect me to watch Nick too?" Kenzie and Nick were use to being in the trees, no trees in Death Valley. Vi would have to watch her surroundings extra carefully. She wouldn't have enough time to watch Kenzie AND Nick. Vi looked at Jocelyn. "You watch Nick, I can take care of Kenzie out there." Vi wasn't up to being a baby sitter for two.
[/fieldbox]@Rieezy @Autumn_Burns_Red
[fieldbox=Jay Cartwright, red, dashed]
Jay admired Gail's personality. She seemed like a down to earth girl, who wasn't so bossy and high strung...like someone. When she asked about how the group got all their things, Jay had to think about it. "You know, I think we got them from hunts, finding things...luck mostly. I personally like to go out there and find things. I also like to build new things out of old things. One man's trash, is another man's treasure you know?" Jay was about to pick up some more stuff, when Vann came over. He had carts with him too.
"Wo man! What are you made of, steel and concrete?" Jay laughed and patted him on the back. "Thanks, we will definitely need these." Jay started to load up the carts with the supplies. "I think that's everything. Jo! Where are you, we're all set to ride out!" Jay yelled, fixing his glasses. "You guys aren't half bad. I'm glad you found us." Jay could see these two being great allies out here. That Maverick one, Jay didn't know what to make of him yet.
[/fieldbox]@Ritual Lobotomy
[/fieldbox]

• Love
~Jocelyn~
It was a few minutes before Jocelyn stopped laughing at Vi's response. "That is such a funny joke, because last time I checked Nick is grown and doesn't need a babysitter, AND what I say goes, Vi... Nick will be with you two." Jocelyn's laugh was not longer there, and she stepped closer to Vi. "I am not in the mood for any back talk today, especially with the little performance you two made. Though if you so insist it is you and Kenzie by your lonesome, go across Death Valley just you two." She patted Vi's, back and walked back into camp at the sound of Jay's voice. Going to where he was located, she smiled at the well built rig. "Smart." She looked at the newbies and Jay. "We will be leaving as soon as Joshua wakes up. He will be coming with me and Oscar across the Valley, so if any of you would like to help protect him that would be cool."
@Shattered♦Secrets™ @Ritual Lobotomy @Rieezy

⊗Derek⊗
Derek slightly began to come down from the emotional state he was in. Looking up to Claire he smiled slightly. "I can't lose either of you two...I just won't." The words had slipped from his mouth and there was no returning them. Awkwardly pulling away from Claire, he stood and looked around. "I guess I should get some water from the stream, for the trip." Derek smiled and grabbed a few containers and made his way to the stream.
♦♦♦
Kneeling down to collect some of the water from the stream, Derek looked over to his cousin passed out on Oscar's lap. -Huh, I wonder...maybe- Derek looked closer and saw that Oscar was no longer in a great worry, which meant Josh was going to make it. Derek had a silent victory thought and returned his attention back to the water. Though as he filled the containers, he noticed something was shining, a foot away from him, in the water; reaching out he grabbed the item. It was a pocket knife with the initials B.M. -B.M? I wonder who this belonged to.- Pocketing the item, he put the caps on the containers and made his way back to the camp.
♦♦♦
Dropping the containers off next to a supply cart the newbies made, Derek walked over to Claire. "Um, so if what I said earlier kinda freaked you out in anyway, sorry." And with that he walked passed her to his bag, and made sure everything was gathered and packed.
@Ayla

• Love
Claire
Claire gave Derek one last squeeze before he walked away to go collect water, leaving her along in the clearing. She looked over to Joshua. She hardly knew him besides the fact he was Derek's cousin. Come to think of it, she hardly knew anybody in the group besides Derek, which, in a way, was sad. They had been traveling together for a while, but Claire closed herself off after Coral passed.

She stood up and brushed her pant legs off, picking up her bag and Bullseye from the ground and hoisting them across either of her shoulders. Everybody was packing, and a dreading feeling swept across the camp. Not only did they need to cross Death Valley, but now they had to cart an injured person. They were hardly strong enough to take on the beasts with a full team. Now that they were short a person, an especially strong one, it was going to be a long journey.

When Claire saw that Joshua had regained a little bit of his color, she smiled. Atleast Derek wouldnt be miserable without him. But, despite the relieved feeling, she couldnt help feel jealous. Derek got to keep his one last family member, so why did Coral die? She wanted her sister back, but it would never happen. She lost everything, and would need to learn to deal with the massive hole in her chest.

Blinking away the tears in her eyes, she started to walk around the camp, her finger on the trigger of her weapon, and kept watch while everybody packed and prepared.

• Love

Joshua slipped the pills into his mouth, followed by the water, and swallowed. "Thanks." Josh spoke as he rolled over onto his non-bitten side, and looked up at Oscar. "It feels like my insides were torn out." He didn't fully think that the pain was going to be going away any time soon, so he tried to adjust to it. Looking down at his bloody chest, he noticed his shirt was missing; though the thought was suppressed quickly by the realization of all the stitch work that was done on him. "Wow...I must look freakin' hot in blood and stitching." He groaned. Looking back up at Oscar, as he mentioned the story of his sister, Joshua pulled himself forward a little, flipped to his back, and rested his head on Oscar's lap. "Let's hear it." Joshua smiled up at him.
A few minutes into the story, the medication started to kick in and take over Joshua. He started to completely ignore all of Oscar's story, and focus on the way his jawline was, then his eyes. "What ever guy you like, Oscar, would be completely stupid not to like you back." Joshua smiled, lifted his hand and stroked Oscar's cheek smoothly. Though before long the weight of his arm being up became to much, and the arm returned to his side.His eyelids became heavy and he started dozing off. As he did, he began to laugh. "Just so you know Oscar...I find you extremely attractive." And with that in the air, Joshua fell into a deep sleep, not being able to remember the words he just spoke.
@ForgottenBlood

Oscar
Oscar smiled when Josh agreed to let him tell the story, it was quite funny and unusual if he did say so himself. He started to tell the story from the beginning, though the most funny part was a little towards the middle and end. The male chuckled and laughed throughout half of the story then stopped when Joshua spoke up. He smiled halfway then watched Josh's hand go up before it reached his cheek. He couldn't help it, the interaction with Joshua forced a blush out of him, but light enough so it was kinda hidden by the shade of the trees. "I uh..um.." he started to stutter, a little embarrassed by it all. He cleared his throat and was about to speak before Josh beat him to it. "Just so you know Oscar....I find you extremely attractive." circled around Oscar's mind way after Josh had went to sleep. After a while, Oscar snapped back into reality and gulped before his blush deepened. He watched Josh sleep for awhile before covering his face with his hands. He sighed and slid them down after a while and stared off into the distance, everything was quiet after that...I mean...what else could he have said? I think...I mean..You are too...I mean I find you the sa-..Ugh I can't even get the sentence right in my head...No way i'm saying out loud...he thought to himself.

• Love
Watching the two girls, Kenzie shook her head a little. "It will be better this way. We both know I prefer a long distance fight and you like to be up in the action. Nick will watch my back and I'll be able to watch yours. Just like from above."she said as she looked up at Vi. "Beside we are all going to have to help with Joshua. Because let's face it. He's saved my ass a few times more then I've saved his." She admitted lookong back at the camp. "Now you can either come with me or cool off here for a bit. But I'm going to find Nick and get packed up. But just remember I love you more." Kenzie told her ending it with a wink and blown kiss before turning to walk off back to the camp.

@Shattered♦Secrets™

• Love
Vi Westwood|Jay Cartwright

KXTEGZNm.jpg
012eumbm.jpg
[/fieldbox]​
[fieldbox=Vi Westwood, purple, dashed]
"Oh really!" Vi was fuming now, if Jocelyn wasn't their "leader", she would have clocked her right now. Only Kenzie and Jocelyn could get away with talking to Vi in crazy ways like that. After Jocelyn left, Kenzie started to talk. "I think I better stay here for a bit. Just yell my name when everyone is ready to go." Vi flipped her hair over her shoulder, walking down near the bushes. She needed a break and everyone knows what kind of "break" Vi needed. "Come out, come out you stupid mutants!" With her machete Vi went to find her good ole stress reliever.
[/fieldbox]@Rieezy
[fieldbox=Jay Cartwright, red, dashed]
Jay was glad to see Jo coming over. "Yeah, thank Vann he was the man with the plan. Ha!" Jay smirked at Vann. When Jo talked about if someone wanted to help Josh out, Jay looked around. He hadn't realized that Josh and Oscar had came back to the camp. Josh was looking in bad shape. "If Josh needs rest, we could probably make room in one of the carts for him to chill in. I mean I could pull the cart with him in it." Jay may not look the strongest at first, but he can prove strong when he needs too.
[/fieldbox]@Autumn_Burns_Red @Ritual Lobotomy
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Shaking her head a little as she heard Vi yell for some muntans, she couldn't help but laugh a little. Grabbing her bag and crossbow that laid right where the two had just fought moments before. Kenzie made her way to go find Nick. "Looks like you are stuck with me and Vi so far. Just to let you know, she's not in the mood to babysit you." She laughed lightly as she walked up to him.

@Autumn_Burns_Red

• Love
Joshua's dreams were far from the world he lived in, instead this one was full of love, laughter, family and a safe home. His cousin was there, and so was his mother. They lived in a nice neighborhood, where there was virtually no violence; they were free to live in peace. Freedom to be safe is what Joshua wanted in life, which was something that would never happen. It had been a good chunk of time since Joshua passed out on Oscar's lap and forgot the conversation they had. There was no sign of Joshua waking anytime soon, especially with the medication he had taken for his pain; so the dream continued with pleasant visions.
It was a holiday of some sort, one where they got presents from under a tree. Joshua's mother had just handed him a large box. Examining the outside of the present, Joshua expected a gun of some sort for protection, but instead he found a game machine called a Xbox. Joshua was confused by this and simply looked up to his mother. "Don't worry, there are no mutants anymore. Ever since the event they have been disappearing hordes at a time."
Joshua smiled and stood and began walking over to the window. When he reached the over large window, he pulled back the curtain to see a bright light shine through the window, blinding his sight.

~Jocelyn~
Looked over towards the river bed, seeing glimpses of Oscar and Joshua in the distance. Her little bro was out for the count, and nothing was going to change that. Looking back at Jay she smiled widely. "If you could do that, that would be amazing. He is going to be out for awhile." She looked over to Vann and Gail. "Hey listen, you to have official be inducted into the group...though there is nothing law abiding about it, but anyways thanks a lot." Jocelyn smiled and looked around at the group. "We will be leaving within the next half hour. Death Valley is a two hour march, and if we leave soon we will make it before night has truly fallen." Jocelyn made the announcement. "So lets double check everything and roll out." She spoke sternly and looked back at Jay, Vann and Gail. "I am going to go get Josh and Oscar, Okay?" She smiled and left to get the two males.
♦♦
Walking up to see Oscar looking out in the distance, and Joshua passed out on his lap, Jocelyn shook her head. "Hey, thanks for stitching him up." She bent down and looked at his side chest and the wounds she could see on his back. "His probably going to be out for a while, but the guys have made some carts, one which they said he could ride in till he wakes up." She smiled and looked up to Oscar's face. "We are going to be leaving for Death Valley in a few minutes, and we have some people willing to guard Joshua. There's a gated community on the other side, where we could be safe for a while. And there is a infirmary there, so we can really got everyone fixed up." Just by looking at Oscar, Jocelyn could tell that he was worried about Josh. "If you want you can come with me and Derek to patrol him."
@ForgottenBlood @Ritual Lobotomy @Shattered♦Secrets™

/ Nicholas /
After the long silence Nicholas had taken up against a tree, it was broken by Kenzie saying something about Vi not want to babysit him. Nicholas cracked a grin, and looked up from his bow, which he was working on fixing some gears on the lower half. "I don't think she is going to need to babysit me anytime soon. I lived through hundreds of Scavenges without her, I don't think I am going to need her now." Nicholas smiled and took a small screw driver from his bag and screwed the gear back into the bow. Removing a arrow from his quiver, her placed it within the bow and launched it at the ground next to him; the arrow shot with great force and was half deep in the ground. "That's better." Surrounding the arrow with his hand, Nicholas pulled it from the ground and placed it back into his quiver. Leaning a little bent forward, he placed the bow onto his back and looked up at Kenzie. "So, we are crossing Death Valley, if the mutants don't get me, Vi will." Nicholas joking with Kenzie for a minute.
@Rieezy

Last edited:
Kenzie

Kenzie laughed lightly as she took a seat on a large root next to him. Handing over her crossbow over for him to look at. "Don't worry I'll save you from Vi." She smiled down at him with a wink. Sure Vi didn't really trust him. But what made it worse was how close him and Kenzie were getting. It was a well known motto around the camp, hurt Kenzie and she breaks every bone in your body. "She's just not use to having someone besides her and Jocelyn look after me. And can get a little moody when I don't go to her first. She's lost a lot. And I think it scares to think that she could lose me." She admitted as she watched him look at her weapon.

@Autumn_Burns_Red

• Love
Oscar
Oscar smiled halfway down at Josh, it was only a couple of minutes after Josh had just spoken something that he probably didn't mean to say...but he spoke it anyway. Oscar began to play in Joshua's hair by twirling it and brushing it back with his hands then started to hum softly, maybe his soft sounds will sooth Josh even more? He didn't know, he just wanted him to feel comfortable in any way possible. Hearing Jocelyn, Oscar turned around slightly and nodded. "It was nothing really...I would do it for anyone, I am the co-captain after all." he said with a small smile then listened to her go on. "I would be-..." he stopped and looked at his ankle and lower part of his leg that was still bleeding from the bite mark, ankle swollen badly from the hard fall and twist of it. "I can't walk...at least not fast enough to get away from a mutant. I'll ride in the cart with him and to make sure his sleep doesn't get disturbed, i'll place the headset on his ears so all sounds will be blocked out. he sighed and tried to move his bad leg, but it only gave him more pain. "I'm sorry I can't help with clearing the pathway, but i'll make sure nothing comes up behind you guys or attacks the carts." he explained to Joce before looking up at her.

• Love
Ryan Mach
Ryan Mach had gone from being alone for years to suddenly being in a group. He had only been with the group for a couple of days, and he was still just getting used to the names of those in the group. They came upon him living in the woods and brought him into the group. Ryan could be cynical, and say he was brought in because he was another body to fight the Mutants and that was all. Ryan though preferred to think it was because of his skills as a tracker and being able to fight while not relying on his sight. Overall though he was grateful to see other humans Ryan was getting tired of listening to the sound of his own voice, and having one sided "conversations" with his late Grandfather Ken.

For someone who had finally was in connection with other people, and hated being alone it was pretty ironic that he choose to station himself on top of a tree. His Grandfather Ken taught him that not only was being high up good for a visual lookout, but away being away from the noise of others helped one focus as well. From what he could tell Joshua was badly hurt, but Ryan wasn't a medic so he couldn't really help there at the moment. There was some kind of stress going on with VI, Kenize, and Nicholas. Derek and Claire were staying together and finally Ryan shook his head because trying to keep the names straight was making his head spin.

Ryan studied the tree he was sitting in and smiled for a moment. Ryan recognized that the sap in this tree was sweet and he smiled. Ryan picked at the bark until finally the sap began to leak out. He put a vial underneath it to catch as much as he could. Ryan then put some on his tongue which helped him feel a little better, because with all the moving and the trek through Death Valley coming up Ryan knew he was having blood sugar issues. He made sure that he had plenty in his vial, and in the other vial a natural form of insulin.

Ryan heard the call from Jocelyn and he saw that she was talking to Oscar about helping out. Ryan though knew Oscar was not a good shape as he was getting over a bite.

Ryan nodded and said, "Time to go punch in and earn my paycheck."

Ryan descended from his tree top perch and walked over to Jocelyn and Oscar. He said, "I can help out with this. I can not only help clear out the path..." he pulled out his sawed off shotgun and kept it in his right hand and continued, "I figure you all might need a tracker as well, and that's where my specialty lies at."

@Autumn_Burns_Red

@ForgottenBlood

• Love
(OOC: Sorry for a delay. RL is being a bitch.)

Maverick Colt

018c893d2ad862d048979d31bda8c8c3.jpg

Adia's experience and skill with dealing with everything they encountered so far, impressed him great deal. As more of them emerged from the ground, he was more and more disgusted by them. They could be a serious problem. "Are you ready for this." Maverick chuckled and took out one of his guns. "As cliche as it sounds, I was born ready." The girl added. "Avoid the tail at all costs, and aim for the joints." He saluted and smirked. "Ay ay captain. Sounds like a plan." She jumped to the ground without the hesitation and faced one of the creatures. He gulped lightly and aimed forward, focusing. He wouldn't allow himself to waste any bullets but on the other had, he wouldn't let anything happen to that girl. For a short period of time he ended up appreciating her more than expected.

"You better have my back, Maverick!" he raised up the gun holding it with both hands and calculating his options silently. "Working on it." His mind was a chaotic please. When he wasn't skeptical and sarcastic about everything and everyone, he would think about actually useful stuff. His love and talent towards physics among other things did him well all through his life. Especially when it came to saving bullets. "Aaany day now..." He waited patiently as Adia made her jump and ran back towards the tree. When one of the mutants jumped up behind her, it only took Maverick a split second to aim and fire straight into the joint where the tactical laser was tagging. "Fuck you." He chuckled as mutant screamed in pain of bullet wound and dropped on the ground wiggling helplessly.

But he had no time to rest his arm. The arm that was wounded got tired really fast due to a minor muscle damage in his shoulder. It took longer to make it steady. He became nervous as the mutant approached Adia swiftly. "Motherfucker..." Maverick growled. It was hiding behind the girl as it was gaining up on her. His brain went into overdrive. He had a choice to either spend some bullets more and save the day, or to risk it with a single bullet and either hurt Adia or fail completely. For the first time since he was out there, he made a decision that was unlike him. "Oh fuck everything!" Instead of aiming at the creature, he lifted his arms up and shot the branch above the spot Adia was running towards. Already dry branch broke off and fell downwards, missing Adia and falling in front of the mutant, slowing it down just for the moment. Maverick smirked as he aimed towards the creature. "Have a nice day." The mutant screeched but it's voice got cut off by a bullet hitting it's mouth and piercing through the back of it's head, killing it instantly. "...Or don't." He chuckled as he lowered his gun and looked down at Adia. "You really do know how to have fun. You are crazy as fuck...but I like your style."

Vann Carson & Gail Nolan

tumblr_mdbdpyO3FU1rshicuo1_1280.jpg 787324.jpg

"Wo man! What are you made of, steel and concrete?" Jay laughed and patted him on the back. "Thanks, we will definitely need these." Jay responded to Vann's "gift" and Vann nodded. "You are welcome. And it is just an useful skill of mine. If we are being a part of this group we better ought to be a functional one." With that, Vann, helped out, getting the supplies into the carts so they could move out as soon as possible. He had a feeling things weren't good at all. Three sets of hands were for sure better than one since they packed in a record time. "You guys aren't half bad. I'm glad you found us." Gail chuckled. "Well, that is so nice to hear for a change." They accepted them and both Gail and Vann thought of it as the best outcome possible. For a change, they won't be having their necks on the line. "We will be leaving as soon as Joshua wakes up. He will be coming with me and Oscar across the Valley, so if any of you would like to help protect him that would be cool." Jocelyn said and Gail nodded. "I can be of medical assistance if anything happens and the Big Guy here can act like a bodyguard. Look how huge his arms are!" She referred to Vann, rather comically, gesturing towards his hulky arms. Vann could never understand how the hell she always found time and place to crack jokes...or at least try to. He shook his head lightly. "She meant to say, we would love to." Jay replied. "If Josh needs rest, we could probably make room in one of the carts for him to chill in. I mean I could pull the cart with him in it." Vann nodded. "I agree. We could take turns not to get to exhausted." It was wondrous how the communication was so easy after such a short time. "If you could do that, that would be amazing. He is going to be out for awhile." Vann replied. "Not a problem. We can handle it."

"Hey listen, you to have official be inducted into the group...though there is nothing law abiding about it, but anyways thanks a lot." Gail nodded and smiled. She knew it took time for Jocelyn to trust her if the things that happened still were fresh to her, but she was willing to deal with it. "Anytime." As Jocelyn announced that they will be moving out soon, Vann looked around and referred to Gail. "Any idea where that asshole friend of yours is?" Gail thought a bit. "Now that I think about it, he went with that girl and I haven't seen him ever since. Maybe she ate him?" She chuckled. "Nah, I am pretty sure assholes aren't edible." Gail punched his arm. "Oh you are so mean." She turned to Jay and laughed. "I promise, they're like brothers...deep down...deeeeep down."
@Autumn_Burns_Red
@Shattered♦Secrets™

♥ Adia ♥
As Adia passed the tree, she heard the gun fire of Maverick's gun and shortly after the whine of the beast. Looking back, both laid dead, the tailless one bleed to death within seconds, and the other's head was blown off. Smiling she looked up at Maverick. "You really do know how to have fun. You are crazy as fuck...but I like your style." She laughed as he spoke. "You kinda have to be a little mad to live in a world like this. Besides being mad gives me the upper hand." She smiled and looked back at the mutants. Walking over she pulled out a vial, using it to take the poison from the tail and letting it ooze out into it. Adia looked at Maverick who had descended the tree. "Maybe this can be used on our weapons to enhance there effects on the mutants bodies." She had no clue if it would work, but with new mutants forming it was worth a shot. Standing she surveyed the area, and looked at the holes in the ground. She wondered what was down there, though she voted against going down there at this moment in time because she had not fully experience the people. "So, I figured a name out for them, Scorpios, because they resemble Scorpions." She smiled up at him. "Um....Nice shooting out there, your aim is on point, Maverick." She looked up at the sun, and saw that it was about six and it would be fully down by eight ten. "We should probably be getting back, and I should probably tell Jocelyn about this whole thing." Adia walked past him and than remembered his shoulder was hurt before, she looked back as she walked towards the group. "Hows the shoulder?"
@Ritual Lobotomy

§ Nicholas §
Nicholas examined the crossbow, looking for ways to modify it and approve the damage it dealt. Looking up to Kenzie he smiled. "I can add a few modification's that look traditional to the style of the crossbow, and improve the accuracy and damage of it." He smiled and looked down to the weapon, he wouldn't be able to do so here, as it would take him a day to make the modifications and test them out to make sure they were 100 percent successful and wouldn't fail Kenzie in a fight against any mutant. As he looked closer to where her crossbow function he noticed the gears that allowed the bow to work., she mentioned Vi's protection over her. "I get it, she doesn't like sharing anymore than I do...but I do." Looking up with a slight shock, he really couldn't believe he had said that allowed, it was only to be a comment in his mind. He could feel the heat spread to his cheeks and the blush began to appear. "Sorry, forget I said that. Anyways I do get it, when you get attached to someone you don't want to see them get hurt anyway shape or form." Nicholas looked back down to the crossbow. "If it really is a problem I can always keep my distance, from the two of you while we go across Death Valley." He looked up only with his eyes, searching for any sign in Kenzie's face that said she did want him there.
@Rieezy

~Jocelyn~
Jocelyn looked down at Oscar's swollen leg she grimaced. "Wow, a hell hound did this to you guys? That has to suck, but yeah stay with Joshua, Oscar" She smiled up at the other half of the leadership within this group, when Ryan had emerged from the shadows of the forest and came to them with a offer. After standing, she looked up to him she smiled. "It's nice to see that your willing to help, Ryan!" She smiled and patted him on the shoulder. "Um there is not much to track in Death Valley, cause it is basically a desert and I have been in it a thousand times, but yeah if you could help protect Josh and Oscar, that would help a lot. The more the merrier. Though when we get across the valley and settle in the abandon Community, we could always use another tracker." Looking down at her watch, she noticed the time. "Come on and help me get these two to the carts, we need to be going."
@MST3K 4ever @ForgottenBlood

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.