The Assassin and the Queen {york & Kitty}

Status
Not open for further replies.
@york

When Elsa made her way to sit down in a special spot Princess Anna had reserved for her, an announcement was made that she had arrived. The queen always dreaded those announcements, they brought too much attention to her presence and caused too many people to look in her direction. Still, as a queen, it was something she needed to get used to. When she took a seat, Anna sat next to her and started the competition.

One-by-one, each man stepped forward and took their turns with the bow and arrow. Some of the men tried to make poses or witty comments in hopes of standing out, but Elsa didn't pay much attention to their attempts. She didn't care much for anything the men tried to do or even for the contest itself. The queen would just be relieved when it was all over.

Eventually, when it was Leuan's turn, the man standing behind him who had given him a pat on the back before tapped his shoulder. "Hey, it's your turn, you'd better get up there," he said. When Elsa saw it was Leuan's turn, she immediately looked over there. For some reason, sure was curious about how well he would do. She paid more attention to what he was about to do than she had for any of the other men so far.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan stood back, watching each man shoot the targets with some confusion, most of them did the usual, as expected, but, a few seemed to try and strike poses or even drop a few "one liners" as one would call them making him tilt his head a little. He wasn't sure what sort of strategy they were trying to employ to get Elsa's attention, but, a quick glance towards Elsa told him that she didn't seem to pay those too much mind, not surprising really, he didn't feel like he would give too much attention to such things either...

His eyes drifted to the targets which they were shooting at, those men were actually pretty accurate, but, it seemed that not all the arrows were hitting dead center, some even flew far off due to a failed attempt at striking a pose, normally Leuan would laugh at this... Though here, he felt like he shouldn't be doing such things, why? Who knew, he just chalked it down to him not wanting to blow his cover, though he was beginning to feel like being near Elsa might be contributing to this.

As he looked over at Elsa one last time, that man from before who had given him a pat on the back tapped him on the shoulder again, this snapped him out of his train of thought as he realized it was his turn, what a life saver... Otherwise he'd probably have been standing there like a fool, staring at Elsa, and, just quickly glancing at her before he headed over to the target, he couldn't help but notice she too was watching him which made his cheeks turn a slight shade of red.

He quickly hid that though as approached his spot, picking up the bow and an arrow, cocking it and pulling back the string, he aimed at the target, adjusting his aim very carefully... His instincts were more or less taking over for the time being, after he thought he had everything just right, he let loose the arrow, putting down his bow for a moment to see how he had done. It seemed the arrow had hit the target more or less dead center, but, he wasn't the only one who had managed it, though the arrow seemed to have embedded itself pretty deep inside the target to say the least.

Leuan knew he hadn't won yet, he had 2 more shots left, and if he was carefull, he would have this in the bag, he cocked another arrow and drew it back, more confident this time, making a few minor adjustments, he fired. It looked like it would split the previous arrow in half in a cartoon-esque fashion, but, instead, it hit just a little offcenter, still technically a bullseye, but, it left him with a bit of a disappointed feeling, as he pulled back the arrow one last time, he made sure not to let his emotions get in the way as he adjusted his aim just a little, letting the last arrow fly, time practically seemed to slow as he put down his bow and head a distinct *crack* as his arrow rammed into his first one, splitting it into various pieces as it too embedded itself into the target... This satisfied him, though, he pitied the person who would have to clean off the splinters.

As he was done now, Leuan looked towards Elsa curiously, wondering what she had thought about the entire ordeal, even attempting to crack a friendly smile, though he probably looked a bit silly with that on his face. He wasn't sure if he had truly won yet as Elsa was to decide that, or was it a judge? Leuan couldn't quite remember, it's been a while since he'd attended a competition like this...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
After intently watching Leuan take his turn in the competition, Elsa's assumptions about him turned out to be correct. He was rather skilled with a bow and arrow. He hadn't lied when he said he was good. She continued to watch him carefully until he looked back at her with a smile; Elsa averted her gaze when he looked. She was actually pleased that he had done well, and even more pleased that he didn't attempt to say or do something showy to try and impress her.

When Leuan's turn was over, he stepped aside with all the other men who had finished and waited for the others to finish taking their turns as well. The man who had been standing behind Leuan took his turn as well, managing to do decently also. He ended up with three bullseyes also; the arrows were spaced out just a little bit further than Leuan's. After finishing his turn, he said nothing and walked over to Leuan with a smile. "Good job out there. You really know your way around a bow and arrow! I'm Revan, by the way," he said, offering Leuan his name.

As the contest continued, Elsa grew more bored with every passing man. Why did there have to be so many? She remained bored, that is, until something interesting actually began to happen. A man walked up to take his turn, appearing as if he actually had no idea what he was doing. Even some of the lower class men of the group could at least fire a bow and arrow, but no, this man appeared as if he didn't even know how to hold them correctly. Queen Elsa could've done a better job herself.

"Do you need help?" a servant asked the man, frowning.

"I can do it!" he exclaimed, nervously fiddling with the bow. Beads of sweat began to form on his face and actually began to drip down his forehead after a moment. His shirt quickly soaked with sweat and the poor man looked as if he were about to have a panic attack. Elsa frowned when she saw this. She knew all too well how badly it felt to suffer with nerves. She didn't want to make the poor man go through with this if he was too nervous. She arose from her chair and moved over toward the servant helping the man.

"He doesn't have to do it if he doesn't want to," she said to the servant, before tapping the man with the bow and arrow on his shoulder.

"Excuse me, but you don't have to--"

Nobody could've guessed what would've happened next.

The man rapidly turned around in a panic, and with spastic, nervous hands he released the string of the bow shooting an arrow at Elsa. They were standing close enough together that it hit her directly, going right into her left leg. It was an obvious accident, but it still hurt her. The queen let out a cry and fell to the ground.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

As Leuan stood to the side, watching the rest of the men finished taking their turns shooting at the target with mild interest, though, noticing the man who had been standing behind him coming up to take his turn, he seemed to pay a little more attention. As he fired his last arrow, Leuan noticed the man's marksmanship wasn't half bad to say the least, the aim just needed to be a little more centered and he probably would have tied with Leuan, or even beat him. Though, on the inside, he was a little glad that the arrows hadn't been as accurate, though, instead of losing his temper or something, that man seemed to be a good sport about it all, complementing him, and even introducing himself. It seemed both to be polite, and not blow his cover, Leuan would have to respond "Thank you, Revan... I'm Leuan, it's nice to meet another good marksman." he said, cracking a friendly smile, this time with a little more ease, though he couldn't help but feel silly doing so still.

Soon enough though, Leuan turned his attention back to the contest seeing that there were still a few people left to go, and to put it bluntly, the competition was getting to the point where Leuan was growing a little bored, there were some other good marksmen out there sure... However, it seemed that one of the contestants had little to no clue what to do, this appeared to catch Leuan's attention, both from being able to identify with the man, and due to his curiousity of how that particular man would do despite this. A servant even asked the man if he needed help, though, which the man declined, either out of embarrassment or perhaps false confidence, though he recieved an uneasy feeling in his gut about all of this for some reason.

Looking towards Elsa, he noted that she too appeared to be a little uneasy about this, and maybe even understanding as she had studdenly stood up, moving over towards the servant trying to help, stating that the man didn't have to do it if he didn't want to. Though her next move was a grave mistake indeed, and, without thinking, Leuan sprung into motion just as Elsa tapped the man in the shoulder, as she was talking, the man turned around, clearly panicked as he suddenly released the bow string he had drawn back, causing the arrow cocked in it to shoot straight at Elsa.

"No no no no no..." Leuan thought to himself as he drew close just in time to see queen Elsa let out a cry in paiun, falling to the ground. He had already torn a few strips off his clothing, not seeming to pay any mind that he'd probably get scolded for that sort of thing as he rushed to assist Elsa. Knowing it would hurt, he cast her an apologetic glance before he pulled out the arrow as fast as he could, immediately following up by bandaging the wound with the torn strips of cloth he had prepared early on. If he had still been thinking about his mission, he wouldn't have reacted nearly as fast, but, strangely enough, it had been a more instinctive reaction, a result of his gut feelings alone, nothing else... As he finished up bandaging the wound, he locked eyes with Elsa, wondering why he was this worried all of a sudden "A-... Are you okay?" he asked her, a little uncertain how bad she'd been injured.

@york

Revan gave Leuan an equally as friendly smile. "Same here. You really did amazing out there. I'm sure you'll be one of the winners of this competition. I used to hunt recreationally with my dad when I was a kid. So that's why I sort of know what I'm doing with a bow and arrow," he said rubbing the back of his head. He was about to offer Leuan a handshake, but dropped his hand (and his jaw) when he heard Queen Elsa let out a cry of pain. Just as Leuan and a few of the other men did, he rushed over to see what was the matter.

All Elsa felt was a wave of pain assault her leg and on instinct she squeezed her eyes shut. With her sense of sight blocked out, her other senses became sharper. She was highly aware of the throbbing pain in her leg and the feel of the ground under her back. The queen was also aware of the servants, Princess Anna, a few of the male contestants, and Leuan who cried out her name. Almost immediately she felt their hands all over her. This sent an uncomfortable vibe shooting through the queen, so she quickly opened her eyes again to see who was touching her.

The first thing Elsa spied when she opened her eyes was the arrow sticking out of her leg. She felt her stomach turn uncomfortably and her eyes roll back in her head--almost causing her to faint. She took a few deep breaths, however, and quickly tried to compose herself. The arrow really caught her off guard, and she was secretly quite uncomfortable with them. Ever since the incident where she ran away from Arendelle and those men from Wesselton had shot arrows at her, she didn't really like the sight of them. She especially hated them upon seeing one sticking out of her leg.

"I-I'm fine!" she squeaked, her upset voice betraying her. "E-Everyone just get away from me!" she ordered, trying to sound stern. She flinched when Leuan went to bandage her leg, and yelped when he touched her wound, but she didn't push him away.

Floundering, Princess Anna made her way over to the queen. "E-Elsa, you're hurt. I'm so sorry! We'll get you some more help. U-Um, what should we do?" she questioned one of the servants.

"We must take the queen to her room and have a physician look at her leg," the servant suggested. "Any volunteers?"

Anna looked at Leuan quickly. "Since you're already helping, do you want to carry her to her room? I'll be up in a moment. I just need to deal with the rest of these... men," she said with a frown.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan looked Elsa over realizing she was in no state to talk right now, that arrow in her leg really wouldn't sit well with her, and as he was a little uncertain of how to comfort her, he was glad that Anna had quickly rushed to her aid, asking one of the servants what to do... As expected, the servant recommended to have it looked at by a physician, though, a look of surprised crossed his face when Anna asked him to carry Elsa to her room, but, he nodded quickly, looking around at the other suitors, his eyes falling on Revan for a moment before he picked up Elsa as carefully as he could. Then, he ran off, or at least tried, to, making sure not to move his arms too much as Elsa, injured as she was, probably wouldn't react to that very well.

He was starting to gasp as he was on his way up the stairs, realizing that it was a bit of an problem going as fast as he was while carrying another person, Elsa wasn't particularly combined, but, his body wasn't used to carrying someone else. It seemed he was tiring out quicker than he had expected, but, he gritted his teeth as he continued on, past the paintings, a few suits of armor, and various rooms as his eyes darted around, desperately searching for Elsa's room. Sooner or later though, his eyes fell upon the door which lead to her room, the distinct pattern upon the door catching his eye as he drew near, his legs were burning by now, but, he continued onwards, pushing open the door and only stopping when she reached her bed, setting he down upon it as gently as he could. He leaned against one of the bed posts as he started to catch his breath "How's... The... Leg..." he asked, turning to her after he had rested a little, he actually looked worried about her... No trace of thought about his mission in his mind as of yet.

@york

Elsa felt humiliated. She shot Anna a glare, hoping to relay she was quite unhappy with the princess' decision for Leuan to carry her up to her room. Sure, Elsa knew she probably couldn't walk with a big hole in her leg, but she felt uncomfortable with the idea of someone she didn't know going into her room. Having been shot in the leg accidentally by a stranger she didn't know was bad enough; Elsa just wanted some peace and quiet now. The queen was fed up with suitors, parties, and competitions for the day. She just wanted to rest, be left alone, and curl up with a good book.

As Leuan carried Elsa to her room, she said nothing, but glanced behind them to see that some of her servants were following along. When they arrived to Elsa's room and Leuan settled her down onto her bed, the servants came forward to help better tend to her wound and make her comfortable.

"I'll live," Elsa mumbled in reply to Leuan when he asked how her leg was feeling. It hurt, of course, but after being wounded she tried to close off her emotions as best she could like she usually did. "Thanks for your help," she added. "You're dismissed. You may go see Princess Anna to speak with her about the results of the contest. I apologize for all of the trouble you were put through," she said, trying to keep her words formal.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan backed off a little as he started to recover, noticing that the servants were already hard at work giving Elsa the proper care that she needed, though he was rather relieved to hear that she would live... He wasn't too experienced in the medical field, but, he did know such a wound wasn't lethal, so, why was he so worried all of a sudden? He shrugged a little, nodding wht Elsa thanked him, dismissing him more or less, though he felt he should head off to where Princess Anna was, he figured Elsa could do with something to occupy herself while she was recovering, so, he quickly glanced over the shelves, finding a book called "Brave" laying around. This made him recall her expessing how much she had enjoyed that back when she had gotten the idea for the archery contest and all. So, he carefully placed it on her lap, making sure to keep away from her injured leg and bowed a little "N-No worrys Ma'am... It was my pleasure to help you." he said, to his surprise, stuttering a little when he began to talk. He quickly shrugged it off, bowing once more and gave her a polite wave to say goodbye before he headed off out the door, trying to maintain his calm composition as he headed off to see Princess Anna.

@york

In the ballroom, Princess Anna spoke to the winners of the contest as Leuan arrived. The rest of the men--the ones who didn't win the contest--were being ushered out of the room by the castle guards. It was clear that the party was over and the servants were now cleaning the place up. Some maids could be seen sweeping the floor, cleaning windows, and carrying platters of leftover food out of the room. When Leaun approached the group, he could hear Anna instructing the winners where they would find their rooms in the guest chambers. The winners would now be allowed to stay in the castle.

Revan was the first of the group to notice Leuan when he made his way over. "Hey, it turns out I made it to the top five! I guess I got pretty lucky," he told Leuan with a laugh. "I think you did, but you missed part of what Princess Anna explained so you might want to see her."

When Princess Anna was finally done speaking with the other men, she turned to Leuan. "Oh! You're going to need a room key. You're one of the winners after all," she said with a grin. "And you've helped out a lot. Thanks so much. If you need help finding your room or need anything at all, just let me or one of the servants know."

//ooc: If you want, you can timeskip a day to give Elsa some time to rest. Then maybe have Leuan go to Elsa's room to check on her?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan looked a little surprised when Revan noticed him, but, he waved, cracking a smile himself since he didn't want to seem distant, even if it wasn't normal for him to do that sort of thing, it would at least seem like it to the others. He blinked, Revan's words making him realize that he did indeed miss what Anna wanted to explain, though, he really did hope he was one of the people who made it, so far no-one was ushering him out or anything, so, maybe he was...

With high hopes, he approached Anna, relaxing a little at her words, though he grew a little sheepish when she thanked him "Er... It was nothing..." he mumbled, wondering how Elsa was doing all of a sudden. He nodded a little at Anna's offer for help and shrugged "Right... I think I'll be fine." he said, trying to be as polite as possible as he did this, giving her a wave before he headed off to his room with the key to it in hand... After doing a little searching, he finally managed to find his room. Walking in, he sighed a little, rubbing his temples a bit, he felt a bit worn out to say the least, it's been a long day, and so far he had yet to blow his cover, but... There was no telling what he would do if he let down his guard for even a moment, though, at the same time, his mind again drifted towards thinking about Elsa, wondering if she was alright again. He let out a big of a sigh, unsure what the matter was with him today, but, perhaps he could just sleep all of this off... And with that last thought, he was asleep.

(Yeah, timeskipping would be ok o.o)

@york

It was raining the next day. In fact, shortly after Leuan fell asleep the night before the rain had started. It was a bad storm nobody had seen coming, so naturally nobody was allowed in or out of the castle during that day. Princess Anna visited each of the five men who finished the contest and explained to them that Elsa wasn't feeling well due to her injury of yesterday along with the bad weather, so they would be able to visit with her another day. They were, however, free to roam the castle, visit the library, and have anything they wanted brought to them from the servants. They were honored guests, after all.

Outside of Leuan's room, toward the evening, a couple of guards were talking to each other.

"I heard they haven't seen the queen all day."

"Really? Shouldn't she be in her chambers resting after that injury she received the other day?"

"She should, but I heard one of the maids say she went out into the rain by herself. I wonder what she's up to?"

It was true indeed that the queen had left the castle. She was outside, wearing a cloak to protect herself from the rain as she stood in an open field, practicing with a bow and arrow. She was the only one outside, braving the elements on an injured leg.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan had a bit of a drowsy look on his face when Anna had visited him, it seemed he was a bit more tired than usual this morning to say the least... A sense of disappointment settled in his chest when he heard that Elsa wasn't available to be visited today, but, he could blame her; such an injury would require alot of rest to recover from, and it was almost as if the weather was against them right now. He sighed a little, but, nodded wearily at the rest of what Anna said, laying back down in his bed to sleep a bit more. Soon enough, he started wandering around, eating food whenever it was served at breakfast, and lunch of course... He couldn't help but feel a looming sense of boredom, but, at the same time, this place was alot more hospitable than the area he had to stay at in Weselton, and in fact, he could get used to life here.

Time passed by so slowly that it was almost unbearable for Leuan at the moment, and by the time evening was starting to settle over the land, he was laying down in his bed, having visited the library to grab a random book off the shelf at some point. It was called "The Princess Bride" or something like that, and, to be honest, he was actually getting into reading it when a conversation the guards outside his door drew his attention, placing a bookmark between the pages, he put the book on the table next to his bed. Then, he climbed out of bed, slowly creeping closer and closer to listen to the guards, it seemed Elsa wasn't where he was told she was, but, yet, he couldn't help but worry for her, he wasn't sure why she had up and left like that though... A sense of curiousity and bravery took him over after a while, and, since he had nothing else to do, he quietly exited his room, stopping to put on his own cloak before heading on his way outside, trying to keep a low profile as he did so. What could Elsa be doing outside? Especially if it was something that was occupying her throughout the entire day according to the guards? He had no idea, but, he hoped he would find some answers once he reached her... She couldn't be that far, right?

@york

A very focused Queen Elsa, pulled back the string of her bow and fired an arrow, only to misfire and cause it to hit the ground a few feet in front of her. She sighed and sat the bow down for a moment, trying to readjust herself so she wouldn't be as wobbly on her injured leg. Underneath her cloak and her arm, Elsa had a wooden crutch she partly leaned on to help herself stand straighter. It helped a little, but because the ground beneath her feet was muddy from the rain, it was harder to stand very straight at all without wobbling. After she adjusted herself as best she could, the queen furrowed her brows in frustration and picked up the bow to fiddle with it a bit more. She was very shaky and could hardly tell what she was doing anymore--the rain splashing in her face wasn't helping much.

"Okay, maybe if I just-- Whoa!"

Elsa slipped backwards, her backside falling right into the mud. Her bow went flying a couple feet in front of her, while all the arrows she had been working with spilled all over the ground. A couple of them stuck in the mud, sinking down into it. The queen grumbled. She wasn't injured from her fall into the mud, but she wasn't exactly happy with what she had accomplished either. She hadn't gone out in the rain to slip and fall, no, she wanted to master this darned bow and arrow!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

It was uncertain what exactly drew Leuan towards the location where Elsa was, but, as he trecked through the forest, he kept on following a set path, letting his gut instincts lead him on. After stumbling around a bit, the rain starting to soak through his cloak, he finally heard the souts of someone moving, and an arrow being launched from a bow, and walking closer and closer, the trees felt like they parted for him as he saw Elsa. It looked like she was practicing with the bow, even if she wasn't having too much luck with it, she didn't seem to want to give up.

Leuan watched for a moment, and while he normally would have laughed, he simply felt bad for her in this situation, though he was indeed confused why she would want to practice in conditions such as this in the shape that she was in, one had to admire her dedication. Eventually, when he saw her fall in the mud as she slipped backwards, dropping all she had on her, Leuan approached slowly, being carefull not to make too much noise, and when he finally reached her, he offered a hand out to her in an effort to help her up. "Need any help?" He asked, it seemed almost natural for him to say that, even if this was something he didn't say on a regular basis, he was rather drenched by now, being out in the pouring rain like this, but, it didn't seem to bother him.

@york

A very frustrated and muddy Queen Elsa immediately attempted to get back up after having fallen into the mud. She grunted and struggled, finding the mud very difficult to pull free from as if it were some kind of glue. After a moment of pulling herself, Elsa eventually managed to stand halfway up, only to lose her balance and fall back into the blasted mud once again. She spat out some of the mud that had splattered on her face and let out a sigh. Now what?

Before she could contemplate any more actions she might take, the queen was met with a familiar voice and a hand outstretched in front of her. "Need any help?"

Her eyes widened and cheeks immediately flushed red upon seeing the man. She was surprised he had found her. After all, she hadn't told anyone where she would be going. She quickly tried to brush off her embarrassed expression, attempting to act strong and independent. "That's quite all right. I can do this myself."

Once more, Elsa attempted to stand only to fall back into the mud. She sighed, finally giving in and taking Leuan's hand. "A-All right, I suppose I'll take your help just this once. Thank you," she told him, finally standing up when he helped her. "If I may ask, what are you doing out here in such weather? I didn't expect to see anyone else out here," she said, glancing around to see if anyone else had come out. She didn't see anyone else, and was relieved that she didn't. It was embarrassing enough that Leuan had seen her out here like this.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan tilted his head a little as he watched Elsa try and get up a few times on her own, it seemed she was hard set on doing things herself, something she gained his respect for, though, after watching her for a while, she finally seemed to give in to his help. He gave a friendly smile, mostly out of instinct this time as he helped her up, though, he was a little caught off guard when Elsa mentioned what he was doing here, expecially in this weather, and to tell the truth; he really didn't have much of an answer. "Well... I decided to go for a walk." Leuan said, trying to mask his lie, as he didn't have a better answer for her, explaining why he had decided to follow some gut instinct was something he really couldn't do at the moment... The words were just not coming to him, the right words that is.

He stood there for a while, trying to "play it cool" as one would call it, not seeming to be bothered by the rain that was still soaking into the cloak he was wearing, perhaps he should have picked a thicker one; he hadn't really looked carefull when he had grabbed one out of the closet and headed outside. On the other hand, he didn't seem to be looking down on Elsa in any way, in fact, he acted as if this entire situation was something that happened everyday, perhaps because he didn't know better... Or just simply because it felt that way to him right now, soon enough, he felt like he needed to break the silence again by saying something else "Could I practice with you?" he asked, diguising the fact that he stumbled over his words a little, confused as to why that particular question came up, but, he figured practicing would be nice at any rate, hadn't much else to do today anyways.

@york

The young queen realized her clothing had began to cling to her body after she stood up. Elsa was soaked from the rain. It didn't matter to her though. She still wanted to continue shooting her bow and arrow, even if it meant being wet, cold, embarrassed, and uncomfortable with pain from her injured leg. Once Leuan had helped her, Elsa hobbled over to where she had dropped her bow, carefully picking it up. "I'm surprised you would fancy a walk in this kind of weather. It's cold and wet. Your clothes will probably get soaked," she warned, realizing the same thing was happening to her. She tried to ignore it though and focus on the task she had come outside to do.

She had hoped Leaun would leave after realizing his clothes would be soaked, but since he didn't she tried to ignore him for a minute. She adjusted herself and attempted to steady her bow arm, only to lose focus when Leuan asked if he could practice with her. "I suppose I have nothing against it, but I don't see why you would want to practice," she commented. "You were one of the winners of the archery contest. You're an expert with your bow. I, on the other hand, need to learn a thing or two," she queen admitted with a frown.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan didn't seem to pay attention to her warning, but, he nodded a little, to aknowledge that he had heard her regardless, her response to his question didn't seem to deter him all that much, he shrugged a little "Even the best archers need practice." he said with a bit of a wry smile on his face. He didn't seem to mind that Elsa was a little less skilled, shifting his cloak a little to the side, it was revealed that he had brought both a bow and a quiver full of arrows with him; he most likely stopped by the armory right before he headed out to find Elsa... Incase he needed to defend himself on his trip, but, it seemed it would be put to use in another way now.

As he readied his bow, loading one arrow into it as he pulled back the string, he slowed down his movements, almost as if he was trying to make the method he was using to hold the bow and aim his shot easy to comprehend for Elsa, as if he was trying to teach her it himself in some cryptic way. Despite how he may look, he wasn't always very up front about things when he felt it wasn't neccesary, but, he did hope Elsa got the gist of it. Once he felt his aim was right and he had waited long enough, he let the arrow go, causing it to sail towards a tree right in front of him, embedding itself in the wood. Despite not physically turning to see if Elsa was looking, his eyes looked towards her, wondering if she was paying attention to him, and if she understood what he was trying to do.

@york

Creases formed on the queen's forehead as she heard Leuan reply to her, and the young woman frowned. In his state of near perfection of archery skills he displayed the other day, Elsa didn't understand why he would need to practice immediately the next day. Skipping a day or two of practice didn't mean his skills would wane. Elsa, on the other hand, really did need to learn a thing or two about using a bow and arrow. Her blue eyes fixed on the young man in front of her when he slowly drew his bow.

She studied his form carefully as he fired the arrow, realizing he was indeed going a little slower--as if to show her how it was done correctly. When his own eyes turned to look at her, their eyes met for a brief moment before Elsa quickly turned her head away and began to nervously fiddle with her braid, cheeks flushing lightly. As usual, she couldn't bring herself to make eye contact with a male for long. "You're good at that," she finally said, still not looking at him. "Tell me, why do you think I came out here today--the day after I was shot with an arrow--and immediately started practicing with a bow?" she asked, curious what he read from her actions.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan looked towards Elsa when she spoke, fixing his gaze on her for a moment when she asked him that question, it seemed it had caught him off-guard, though, of course, he tries his best to hide that... He fell silent for the moment as he started to think about his answer, it was a good question after all; why? Combing through his mind, he quickly found what he was looking for, that book; Brave? Yes, now he remembered, a girl who was unsure who to wed, therefore decided to hold an archery competition, but... Elsa did also mention that that girl herself joined the competition too, then again though, the competition was over, so that couldn't be it, could it?

After a while, Leuan decided to speak, though a bit hesitantly, his tone of voice slightly giving away that he wasn't sure about this "You... Didn't want to repeat that incident..." he said, trying to keep his tone level... It was a guess really, most likely a foolish one, but, who was he to back down from a question? While he acted calm enough, on the inside, he himself was hoping that he had guessed right, but, why? What sort of disadvantage could come from answering such a mundane question wrong? Perhaps because it would impact his mission negatively? No... Not any of his missions have ever given him the feeling of uncertainty he had here, so... What exactly was the source of this sort of behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.