The Assassin and the Queen {york & Kitty}

Status
Not open for further replies.
As she walked along, Queen Elsa began to curl the damp ends of her hair around her fingers. Whenever Leuan drifted into thought, the silence was honestly welcoming to the blonde. She didn't like having to talk to him too much, when she wasn't all that used to talking for long periods of time. The breaks were nice. She did have to wonder though, why did he take pauses? Was he strategically trying to find good replies to what she had to say as to not upset her? Did he deeply think over her words? Or perhaps he was simply daydreaming? The only one who ever daydreamed when when she spoke was her sister Anna, so Elsa wasn't entirely sure.

When he finally replied, the queen nodded. "You're most welcome." She froze for a moment, however, when he asked if they could do it again sometime. "I-I suppose so," she responded, nervously fiddling with her hair a little more. "But I wouldn't get your hopes up. Many people see me as a prize since I'm a queen, and I really think I should be careful about who I spend my time with so that I learn... who is real and who isn't." She sighed. "I suppose I'm just being careful so that I don't end up growing closer to someone who pretends to be something that they're not."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Leuan nodded, keeping his composure relatively calm "I understand... Either way, don't worry about it too much." he smiled again, strangely enough... But, why? He was a bit more open with Elsa than he was with most people, despite the whole assassin thing really, though, he realized he still had a mission to carry out, though, this time, there was this strange pang in his heart when he thought about it. After a while, he cleared his throat a little, yawning a bit "Well... Take care of yourself I guess... I'll be getting some shuteye soon enough, long day and all." he said, and, well, he wasn't really lying either...

However, he did realize that he needed to meet with that maid in the kitchen when he could, so, he'd have to drag himself to that before he went to sleep "officially"... However, he was beginning to get what was commonly known as "cold feet" about his whole mission, could he still pull it off? All these thoughts were swirling in his head, but, at the same time, he managed to keep his expression the same, warm, and friendly, but, why? Sure, it was his mission to grow close to Elsa, but, it wasn't supposed to be part of the mission to feel some sort of attatchment to her, was it?

@york

Although Elsa had told Leuan not to get his hopes up, the queen almost felt bad for saying such a thing. Why? The queen wasn't really sure. Maybe it was because he seemed to be a decent fellow and didn't act as if he were trying to be fake to impress her. All he really did was speak with her and offer to help her out. He wasn't like a few of the snobbier men who wouldn't have even bothered to go outside into the rain to see what she was up to. That was something, at least. "You're right, I won't try to worry about it so much," Elsa finally replied after a moment, tucking a lock of her blonde hair behind an ear. "All right. I will see you later then," she said, offering a polite bow to him before heading off into her room.

Meanwhile, the "maid" from before was waiting for Leaun in the kitchen. She quietly did some work for the castle as she waited for him, pretending she was of good use to them. In truth, she was actually a spy from Leuan's land who had come there to deliver a message to him. She was supposed to aid him in his mission in any possible way she could, and at the moment she had orders to give him that were expected to be carried out soon. In fact, it was a job he would have to take care of that very night.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan maintained his composure, but, on the inside, he grew a little concerned... Was it going to happen already? But... But what? Why was he getting cold feet on the night he was supposed to kill Elsa? Maybe it could be attributed to the growing feeling of attatchment to Elsa, but, why the hell now? Of all the places for this to happen to him too! Everything was beginning to take it's toll on him, but, eventually, he headed off to his room; maybe it was for the best to put an end to this madness; he was beginning to feel like he was losing his mind. However, the very thought of carrying out his mission he came here for, ironically enough, seemed to leave a rather bad taste in his mouth, causing him to freeze up, even if it was for a moment before he forced himself to move on.

He finally made it to his room, and shut the door, he looked a little worn out for a change, however, he knew he had to carry out his job... So, why the hell wasn't he just doing it? There was a knife hidden underneath his bedsheets, well, it wasn't exactly hidden, just very well cushioned... He didn't want to risk carrying such a weapon with him out in the open, but, now was the time where he'd have to use it, but, could he? Leuan shook his head from side to side, now was not the time to doubt himself, was it? After a moment of thinking, he grabbed the weapon from underneat the mattress carefully, slipping it underneath his clothing, he was experienced enough to conceal the weapon rather well, but, it still made a very subtle lump under his clothes, he'd just have to keep his actions discreet, until he reached Elsa's room. This time, instead of that strange feeling he felt before, he felt something else, apprehension perhaps, he couldn't quite explain it, but, he felt like his own body was opposing his own decisions right now... But yet, he couldn't understand why...

Later that same evening, the very same maid--who had spoke to Leuan earlier--came to look for him. She walked all the way to his room, her fingers wrapped around the handle of a candlestick holder--which held a small burning candle. She held it close to herself; it was enough to light up her face, but not enough to light up the dim hallway. Nevertheless, she continued to walk until she had reached the assassin's door. She knocked, frowning when he didn't answer. He hadn't... gone to do his job already, had he? Wondering about this, she also began to make her way for the queen's room.

Outside of Elsa's room, Leuan would find several guards standing watch. The were armed, with their swords and looked rather alert for the time being. Quietly in the shadows, the maid began to approach Leuan, grabbing him by the back of his shirt. "You never came looking for me," she harshly whispered, blowing out her candle so the guards wouldn't see it. "I have an important message to deliver to you, straight from Weselton," she began to explain. "It's about your mission for tonight."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan blinked, quickly realizing that in his thoughts, he had entirely forgotten about meeting with that maid, he stopped when he felt the back of his shirt being grabbed, which he stopped in response to, nodding a little. "Right... What is it?" He asked, keeping his voice rather low, it looks like he'd have to be a bit more carefull about this sort of thing from now on... Though, this had to be his first true stumble in this line of work, which was really starting to get to him; was his actions usually this insteady, and in such disorder? Well, this was hardly the time to think about this sort of thing now, he was literally right outside of Elsa's room, and, he couldn't risk blowing his cover, not right now.

However, what if Elsa were to come out? Then what was he supposed to do? Stand here and take it? Why was he even worried about that right now? What did he have to lose if Elsa were to walk out? Well, actually, come to think of it, the answer to that was easy; her respect, her friendship, and most likely the little semblance of the person who he was trying to be here in Arendelle, not to mention his mission being botched and some crazy reprimand from Weselton... What a fix...

@york

The maid sighed heavily before gesturing for Leuan step back with her further into the darkness and away from the guards. She knew that if anyone caught even the slightest wind of their plan they could be in huge trouble. Not only would they lose their jobs with Weselton, but they could also be put on trail and possibly even put to death for being a threat to the queen's life.

Once they were far enough out of sight, she leaned in close to Leuan and whispered in his ear. "You're not going to kill her tonight. The boss wants you to continue trying to get close to her. If you can marry her and then kill her, you'll not only be getting rid of the Queen, but also have the power of Arendelle in your hands. So instead, you have a new task tonight. I'm going to break into her room and attack her, while you're going to stop me. It'll make you look like even more of a hero in their eyes, and will make you even more likely to win her hand. Understand?" she asked him, her eyes glancing around to make sure nobody was watching them.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

... Well, this certainly wasn't something he was expecting, but on the other hand... He wasn't entirely opposed to the whole... Marriage thing. Hmm... It was odd that he was feeling adventurous like this though, and well, less like he's being pressured into basically wedding the Queen of Arandelle. Listening closely to the maid's plan, he nodded; though for a moment, as he quickly thought up a few ways he could stop her from attacking Elsa, he suddenly imagine freezing her legs in place... Because... Actually, what was that thought even?! He certainly didn't ahve ice powers, and well, neither did anyone he knew except... Well, Elsa, of course, he really must be losing it.

"I understand." He said as quietly as possible.

Looks like he was going to have to see this plan through, but well, what he was supposed to do after he wedded Elsa was seeming a whole lot less appealing to him all of a sudden... Ugh, these thoughts weren't the best to have while he was around this maid, if he were to keep himself from screwing up this whole operation, he had to at least wait until he got into his room before he well, starting brooding like this again. It was... Odd really, he hadn't usually felt strange urges like this, but he had recalled having a few peculiar thoughts in the past... Starting from his teens. What happened before that age was a bit of a blurr... All he could remember was that he was cold, and alone...

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@york

Upon hearing two simple words from Leuan to confirm his understanding, the maid whirled away from the man. "Good, just stay nearby. You should hear some chaos coming from the queen's room in a few minutes." The young woman then began to walk away from Leuan, turning to round the corner in the hallway.

She honestly wasn't all that happy about the role she was being forced to play in this assassination. It was the most dangerous role of all. If she appeared to be too much of a threat, there was a chance that Elsa's guards could kill her before Leuan even had a chance to capture her. And even if she was captured alive, there was still a chance she could be executed for her attempt at the queen's life. Knowing their organization, however, someone was likely to break her out before she was assassinated, but there was still a chance they could be too late.

Regardless, she didn't have much time to worry about these things.

Using a few back rooms that castle maids were allowed to traverse, the young assassin made her way out of the castle quickly and sneaked out of the sights of the guards. Once she was sure they weren't looking and she made their way into the blindspots of the castle guards, she began to climb the side of the tower that lead up to Elsa's room using hooks, rope, and other tools to help her hang on. She had trained for years to do things like this so the climb was swift and smooth. Before she knew it, the young woman was arriving at the top and directly in front of Elsa's room.

Now, if she wanted to, the assassin could've sneaked in quietly and probably would've been able to easily end Elsa's life. However, the whole point of this mission was to get caught. So, instead of being sneaky, the young maid loudly kicked Elsa's window in and jumped onto the floor in her room. The sound was more than enough to cause Elsa to awaken. Half asleep when she spotted the woman in maid clothing, the queen thought nothing of it.

"Could you please leave?" the queen asked. "I'm resting."

The maid assassin laughed loudly on purpose to make more noise and walked toward Elsa, giving her bed a rough kick. "I think not, your majesty," she said. Instead of heeding Elsa's wish, she quickly pinned the queen by the wrists and captured her hands behind her back easily with Elsa half asleep. Before the queen realized what was going on, she was unable to squirm and felt her hands bound by rope.

"I'm here to end your life, slowly, just as you deserve," the maid said, hitting Elsa hard across the face and causing the queen to let out a yelp. She then looked back at the maid, surprise in her eyes more than fear.

"I'll give you until the count of three to let me go," Elsa warned. "Before I deal with you. I'd really rather not," she told the woman, struggling against the ropes as she spoke.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan nodded... Closing his eyes for a moment as he leaned against a nearby wall, carefull not to knock an armor stand over or something, despite all odds seeming to be against him, given the layout of the whole castle. Though he knew the Maid's plan was probably for the best, somehow, he felt a little cheated to know how things will end, even before the whole failed assassination attempt ended, not that he'd want actual competition for his job anyways, right? It was... A bit hard to tell if he really still wanted to carry it out anymore, though why should he stop here? Plenty of jobs like this one had been carried out before, right? It... Shouldn't be this difficult for him. The only difference was he would have to get... Close to his victim.

... Maybe that was the problem. A loud crashing noise suddenly pierced the silence of the night, looks like that was his cue to do something. Naturally, a true assassin would have avoided making such a jarring entrance, but since this particular assassination attempt was supposed to be easy to foil, it looks like Leuan practically had everything planned out... Well, almost everything. As he rushed up the stairs to Elsa's room, he quickly ran through the potential entrances he could take, as well as the one liner he was probably supposed to spout the moment he entered.

Well, he had never been one for that sort of thing, but... Well, if he was trying to impress Elsa, he might as well pull out all the stops, right? Unfortunately he didn't quite get the time to go through anything substantial, as he had arrived at Elsa's door. Well, since the window had been smashed, and he presumed the maid was already inside, doing her thing, he jumped to the conclusion that kicking the door open would probably be the best course of action, and so, he did. Fortunately the door wasn't much of an obstacle, and flew open with a loud thud. As expected, the maid was there alright, already having tied up both of Elsa's hands... ... What now?

At first, Leuan seemed almost frozen there... But that only lasted for a moment. Perhaps it was just his old instincts kicking in... Or maybe, he was driven by something more, but as he rushed into the scene, he let out a shout that he could hardly recognize as his own.

"Get away from her!" He yelled, suddenly launching himself across the room.

This was clearly not really his plan; to come at the maid with one, swift leaping motion in an effort to send a flying kick her way, it just sort of... Happened. Hopefully she wouldn't be too hurt by this little improvisation act, if this was even an act... Saving Elsa like this, felt unusually... Natural, like he had done this dozens of times, even though this would mark the first time he had ever actually... Saved anyone, really, even if it was part of an act. Unlike completeing one of his previous tasks, it didn't leave the cold feeling of guilt behind, though he still sort of wished that all of this wasn't planned... Perhaps it was just a pride thing, or maybe... He actually... Would have liked to save Elsa... For real...

Leuan wouldn't have much time to reflect on this though, as his kick would quickly connect with Elsa's captor... At least, if things went exactly according to plan.

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@york

The maid laughed at Elsa's threat. "Oh, you're a spunky one, aren't you? Go ahead and do your worst." Despite her confidence, the female assassin knew Elsa was no pushover. In fact, the queen could likely kill her if she wanted to. This setup was all for show. The most important, thing at the moment, was that Leuan would make it to the queen's room to stop her before Elsa rescued herself. If the queen rescued herself then an opportunity for Leuan to become more liked by the queen and her subjects would slip right through their fingers!

"Release me," Elsa stated firmly, her voice sounding more commanding than before. When the maid ignored Elsa's demand, the queen began to count to three as promised.

"One..."

"...two..."

Preparing herself, Elsa froze the tips of her fingers with the intent of cutting the rope that bound her hands.

"Thr--"

"Get away from her!" Leaun cried, seeming to fly into Elsa's room from out of nowhere. The queen's blue eyes widened in surprise and a smirk crossed the lips of the maid. Right on time. The smirk on her lips promptly faded, however, when her fellow assassin saw fit to send her flying across the room with a swift kick. She crashed into a wall and groaned before she hit the floor, shooting the man a glare. Ugh, this is acting! You don't need to be so rough!

Despite how annoyed she was, the maid played her part and pretended that Leuan's attack had been enough to subdue her. She remained on the floor, waiting for him to capture her. Moments later, the door of Elsa's room burst open and a hoard of guards entered. "What's going on in here?" one of them asked.

Elsa let ouf a huff. One would think queen's guards should be more competent. I was attacked and yet a guest at the castle did a better job of rescuing me. "I was attacked, please untie my ropes," she told the guards.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Whoops, Leuan even surprised himself at the ferocity of his strike, he had acted more out of instinct than reason, and well... Had not quite planned to hit the maid as hard as he did. In either case, despite that glare the maid had shot him, it seemed that she would be okay, despite having been sent flying across the room. He blinked a few times, seeming to be surprised at his own actions... Though it would be played off as an act if questioned about it by his... Contacts (including the maid), his reaction was as real as it gets, looks like his own actions had surprised even himself.

The guards that were posted around Elsa's room burst in not too long after, reminding Leuan of what he was supposed to do next. Since the maid was already subdued, and the guards were going to untie Elsa's ropes, he figured he would capture the maid, and... Hand her off to the guards. Hopefully her connections with other contacts from Weselton would eventually break her out. So, he did exactly that. Despite the whole thing being unlike any of his previous tasks, it still felt just natural enough for him to thwart any potential mistakes he might make, for now.

Well, his first instinct would have been to tie the maid up, but unless he was going to take a risk and tear down some curtains or something... He decided against this, and instead, carefully hoisted the maid to her feet, if she had still been conscious, though in the case that she wasn't, he would make sure to full on pick her up instead (so it wouldn't look quite so awkward). Then, he cleared his throat for a moment, before he spoke.

"Her Majesty's assailant has been... Apprehended." He said calmly, attempting to keep a formal posture.

Sure, he had brought prisoners back to his employers in Weselton before, but unlike those cases... He knew it was not wise to gloat or brag about his feat, besides, at the moment, he didn't seem to have it in him. But, even if this whole thing was a setup, he couldn't help but feel somewhat happy that he had helped Elsa out in some way...

@york

After receiving a command from their queen, the guards moved over to the woman and untied her. Once she was free, Elsa stood up and walked over to Leuan offering a hand to him. "I believe thanks is in order," she told him. Of course, Elsa knew she could've handled this situation herself. She had been in far worse spots that she had escaped on her own without guards or extra help, but still this man did actually rescue her before Elsa had the chance to even react. It was such a speedy response, Elsa had to wonder how he even knew to come into her room so quickly.

Before speaking with her rescuer again, Elsa watched as her guards moved to capture the faux maid and take her out of the room. The situation surely had been a surprise, but for some reason Elsa hadn't been afraid. "Also, I suppose as queen it is my duty to reward you for your efforts. Is there anything you would like in return for having saved me?" Elsa questioned Leuan, her voice sounding hesitant. Leuan was one of her suitors so she had a feeling he would ask to spend more time with her.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

The whole situation had been fortunately diffused without an incident, minus some displaced furniture and a possible dent in the wall, though that would hardly be noticeable. Leuan seemed a little surprised when Elsa asked if there was anything he would like in return, and... Quite unlike his usual self, he simply smiled and shook his head.

"No thanks... My reward is the comfort of knowing you are safe, my Queen." He said, bowing a little.

Huh, he had never known himself to be so formal, but... This all seemed to come so naturally in Elsa's presense, and he couldn't help but blush a little, thinking about this. Good thing the maid wasn't there to see him now, as she might even question if this was all still part of the act, as much as Leuan would like to keep telling himself just that.

Taken aback by Leuan's response, the queen couldn't find words to use for her reply. Why wouldn't he ask for a reward? If he wanted one, now would be a perfect opportunity for him to speak up. Feeling a bit odd with the silence between them, Elsa convinced herself to speak after a moment.

tumblr_inline_nnyw45nhUf1t8hke3_100.png

"Are you certain? Regardless, I'd like to reward you with something. It wouldn't be right if I didn't present you with something to show you my thanks. Take the night to think it over. If you can't come up with anything I'll come up with a reward for you myself." The Queen smiled. "It's the least I can do."

Elsa then turned to a guard, whispering something in his ear. She then turned back to look at her "rescuer" with a smile. "I'll have a guard escort you back to your room, but we'll speak again tomorrow, all right? In fact, if you wish, you may join me for breakfast and we can talk then," she offered.

@york

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan nodded, smiling noticeably... It came alot more naturally than he had expected, despite the worries niggling at the back of his mind. Realizing the Queen had given him the night to think over some sort of reward, he did start to wonder if he could figure out a particular reward that would... Benefit them both.

"I'd be humbled to join you for breakfast... My Queen." He said, trying to sound as formal as he could, even bowing a little.

Though this did also benefit him in terms of achieving his ultimate goal, the whole reason he was sent here... That alone, wasn't the driving factor behind him agreesing to join Elsa for breakfast tomorrow. He, really had been looking forward to joining the Queen over a meal some time anyways, and plus, it would no doubt strengthen their relationship.

Hmm... About that reward though, as he parted from Elsa, he had an incessant urge to wink at her a little, but that instinct only managed to cause his left eye to twitch a little. Where the heck did that come from? At any rate, he'd better figure out how he was gonna go through with that reward thing... Sleeping on it would definitely help, alot.

@york

When Leaun agreed to join her for breakfast, the queen nodded and had her men escort him back to his room. Afterwards, she--and a few others--worked to clean up her room before she went to bed herself. She wasn't sure if she was interested in having breakfast with that man or not, but she had to be polite. Still, wasn't it an odd coincidence that she either kept running into him or he was always around at the right moments? While she could've thought more on this, the queen simply decided to sleep and not worry about it.

The next morning, when it was time for her to go down to breakfast, she made her way for the dinning hall and sent a maid to fetch Leuan. While she sat at the table, she felt rather relieved about one thing: Anna wasn't a morning person. At least she wouldn't have to witness her sister teasing her about eating breakfast with a man. After all, it wasn't a date! It was an obligation! At least, she kept trying to tell herself that...

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan was polite to his escorts, and didn't take long at all to lay down and doze off, thanks to him letting his mind wander pretty quickly. It had been one crazily eventfull day, and so far, everything was going as planned, but he didn't really think a whole lot about his mission for once, instead... He wondered what he was going to say when he met up with Elsa in the morning, though he didn't really want anything in return for his help, he realized he had to at least think of something, otherwise they might be stuck in an awkward social limbo the next morning.

When he finally drifted off to sleep, he had an... Odd dream, where he had fallen through some ice, and sunken into the freezing waters, despite his struggles to get to the surface, the bitter coldness of the water eventually won him over. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't move, but oddly enough, just before he completely lost his battle to survive and get to the surface, there was a sudden, pale, but yet somehow warm light cast upon him. Despite not really being able to see as he was underwater, somehow, he knew it was... Moonlight?

Soon after, he awoke with a start, to the knocking on his door by a maid sent to fetch him. Despite that strange dream, he seemed to have gotten enough sleep to not look all tired and ragged, which was for the best, since he was eating breakfast with the Queen... He definitely didn't want to appear all scraggly at the table. After quickly smoothing out his ruffled hair a little, something that occasionally happened when he slept, Leuan opened the door to his room to greet the maid. Looks like he was ready to go, and, even looked a little fresher than the day before.

A good nights sleep, and a hasty attempt to smoothen out his hair seemed to have done him alot more good than he might have given it credit for.

@york

When Leuan would open the door the maid would greet him before gesturing for him to follow her out of the room. She walked him to the dinning hall, leaving him to meet with Elsa alone. The queen stood up when he entered, swallowing nervously. "Feel free to have a seat," she offered, gesturing to a spot across the table from her. While she waited for him to approach, the women mentally calculated what she might say to him. Her conversation skills weren't the best, especially when it came to speaking with men, so she could already feel anxiety clawing at her chest.

tumblr_inline_nlc0mn2wVn1qkdr2y.png

"Breakfast will be brought out in a moment. Until then, feel free to make yourself comfortable Sir Leuan," Elsa said before sitting back down. After that, she wasn't sure what to say and even froze up for a moment. The awkward silence only made her more uncomfortable, however, so she pushed herself to try and come up with something more to say. "So, um, perhaps you could tell me a bit about yourself? We've spoken several times but I feel I can't recall where you come from or what you do for a living," she said, hoping her question would keep him talking for a moment.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan took a deep breath before he entered the dining hall... He had to keep his composure if he were to leave a good impression here, but, it was the least of his concerns. His mind kept on drifting off to what he might be asked, and moreso on how he might end up slipping up with his answers. However, despite his worries, he tried to look as formal as possible as he finally stepped into the dining hall, bowing politely towards the Queen before he sat down.

"Thank you for having me... Queen Elsa." He said, as smoothly as he could.

Huh, strangely enough, he wasn't at as much of a loss of words as he thought; things just sort of... Came to him as they went. He nodded briefly when she mentioned that food was coming shortly, he could wait. On the other hand, he was getting a little fidgety, occasionally running his fingers through his hair to fix it, or adjusting his position in his chair a little. Though, he realized the silence would have to be broken somehow, and... Was almost prepared to open his mouth and say something.

Fortunately, Elsa seemed one step ahead and did the job for him, but well... Her particular question, innocent as it was, would be quite difficult to be completely truthfull about, so... For now, Leuan decided to be a little less specific, for both of their sakes.

"I'm a... Ranger, from the South." He said, trying to smile a little.

Well, it was partially true; Weselton was to the South of Arendelle, but... He couldn't exactly just straight up say he was a Royal Assassin, so... Naturally he had to find some other way to explain his... Skills, really.

With any luck, this was enough to keep the conversation going, but he had a feeling he might have to specify about the whereabouts of his home sooner or later, but... They'd cross that bridge when they came to it. Oddly enough though, while he usually had no trouble lying to someone, lying to Elsa just felt... Wrong, somehow.

This really was an... Odd couple of days for Leuan, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.