The Assassin and the Queen {york & Kitty}

Status
Not open for further replies.
@york

Quietly waiting for Leuan's reply, Elsa said nothing at first when he answered her. It took a moment for the queen to find the right words to reply with. "That's not it at all," she finally said. She wasn't annoyed that he couldn't figure it out. She had simply asked because she was curious how he would answer. Elsa couldn't blame him for answering wrong either. After all, he didn't know her very well. They had only just met the other day.

Glancing toward the target in the distance, Elsa replied, "When the arrow shot me yesterday, it scared me. I was afraid. I'm sure that's a silly thing for a queen to admit, but it's true. I'm scared quite often of many things. After I was shot with the arrow it added another thing to my list of things I'm afraid of. That upset me. So I thought I'd... attempt to overcome the fear before it was... too late," she told him, continuing to keep her gaze averted.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan actually seemed a bit sheepish when he realized he was wrong... His ego wasn't damaged that badly, but, for some reason, he still got a rather nasty feeling, directed mostly towards himself from this sntire thing... Though, noticing that Elsa didn't seem annoyed, he seemed to relax a little, quickly reverting to his previous, calm, state, listening to what she was saying calmly, nodding his head. It was quite clear that he understood the situation really; it was actually a principle he himself was raised up by.

Despite this, he noticed that she seemed a little uncomfortable admitting such a thing, so, he merely gave her a bit of a smile "You aren't the only one who thinks that way." he said, sounding rather non-challant about admitting this. The way he was raised, it seemed he had no trouble admitting such things as this, in fact, if practically felt normal for him, though, deep down, he couldn't help but wonder if that was the only reason why he felt so comfortable admitting this all of a sudden... He barely even knew Elsa after all.

@york

The way Leaun replied to Elsa in such a nonchalant and uncomfortable manner made Elsa not only more nervous, but also made her peg this man as the mysterious type. "Oh really?" Elsa replied, "Tell me then, have you been afraid of a bow and arrow in the past? Or are you referring to s-something else?" she questioned, hoping to get more answers out of him. Shortly after speaking, she realized she had stammered due to discomfort. While the queen never felt cold, the rain was starting to bother her. It kept causing her hair to fall in her eyes and her vision to blur. At this rate, it was going to be quite tricky to continue practicing. Unless she used a bit of ice to fix her problem...

"I do hope you aren't offended by magic, because I'm about to use some," she warned Leaun, lifting a hand above her head. Elsa then snapped her fingers, causing the water all around them to freeze in mid-air. But instead of the frozen water falling on them, Elsa held it in the air before causing the little ice chunks to meld together into a circular dome above them. She left a hole in the dome, of course, so she could still fire some arrows, but made it closed off enough so that water would stop splashing in her face. "There, that's better. I'm not sure why I didn't do that in the first place," she said with a huff.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Well... I-" Leuan began, noticing the discomfort Elsa was experiencing, perhaps it was the rain? In fact, come to think of it, he himself was beginning to experience a bit of a chill, not that it was a concern really... It was more of the fact that the rain was starting to blur his vision, soaking through his clothes. However, it seemed that Elsa had things covered, mentioning using magic; Leuan nodded a little in response to what she said, looking more curious than anything about what she was going to do. This would mark the first time he'd ever seen something like this that Elsa did, the most that he had experienced was mere stories, tales, and legends passed down by fellow residents of Weselton, never being confirmed or denied of their truthfullness.

Elsa made it look so easy; creating a dome of ice, solidifying, and "molding" the water around them to create an icy dome, even taking the liberty to create a hole in the dome, big enough for them to fire arrows through when they practiced some more. It was quite obvious that Leuan was impressed, he'd never seen anything even remotely like this in his life, and whatever stories circulating around Weselton was nothing compared to seeing this in person! Though, soon enough, Leuan cleared his throat, smiling a little, partially out of genuine gratefullness "I must say... You really have an extroardinary talent..." he mused to himself, seeming to be thinking about something before he spoke again. "Well... I guess I still haven't answered your question... You up for a story?" he asked, raising a brow. His expression had returned to the normal, neutral one that he usually had on his face, though, it was already a bit of a rare occurence to see him show the emotions he did not too long ago.

@york

With her icy dome completed, Elsa immediately felt more comfortable. Still, she was wet from the rain, deciding would attempt to dry herself off. Elsa took off the cloak she had been wearing before freezing all the water on her body. Once it had frozen, the ice simply fell off her body and she was dry. The only thing she couldn't "freeze dry" was her hair. If she did something like that it was quite possible for her to damage it.

Once Elsa was a bit more comfortable, she glanced back at Leuan--seeing that he appeared quite amazed. Elsa wasn't sure if it was genuine amazement, or if he was amazed out of fear. Most people were afraid of her powers just as much as she was afraid of being rejected because of them. Still, Elsa made no effort to find out what his reaction meant. She simply thanked him for his compliment before replying to his next statement. "Very well," she said. "I suppose I don't mind listening while I practice." Elsa picked up her bow again and glanced at the man, waiting to see what he would have to say.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan, noticing Elsa getting the water out of her clothes, shrugged, taking off his cloak for a moment to wring it dry quickly; it was the thing that was bothering him the most at the moment, so, he figured he'd get that out of the way before it became too much of an annoyance to bear. It seemed that Elsa had noticed his reaction to her magic though, however, he couldn't quite figure out what she thought about it... In the end, he just sort of shrugged it off, and, upon her response, nodded a little.

"Well... I used to be afraid of the dark you see..." Leuan began, absent mindedly cocking an arrow into his bow, a far away look became prominent in his eyes. "Ever since I was very young... I was too afraid to venture into dark places... Terrified of the mere occurence of the night." He said, shaking his head a little, his voice had grown a little fainter, the difference in his tone was barely audible as he fired off an arrow, letting it hit a tree in front of him with a resonant *thunk*. "But, no matter how scared I was... I was always told to face my fears, again and again, until they went away before it was too late." He said, reaching for another arrow from his belt. "Needless to say... As soon as my fear of the darkness became apparant, I was... Encouraged, to venture out into the dark, at the latest hours of the night. A treacherous task at first, but, when at long last, the feeling of fear was gone... It felt like a large burden had been lifted off my chest." Leuan finished, cocking the arrow into his bow and smiling just slightly and shaking his head, as if he recongized how childish this all sounded... But, in the end, it seemed he had taken what he was taught to heart.

Suddenly, he blinked a little, realizing how much he had said just then; it wasn't exactly normal of him to do that, quite the contrary actually... Though, as strange as it was, he didn't feel particularly bothered by it when he was telling all that to Elsa, not even registering what he was doing until just now. Was that sort of thing supposed to happen right now?... Leuan didn't have an immediate answer for that, and, as he pulled back the arrow loaded into his bow and fired it, letting it hit just a little above the previous one. Afterwards, he glanced at Elsa a few times, not entirely sure how she was going to react to a silly story like that.

@york

Queen Elsa listened to Leuan's story as she said she would, quietly paying attention until he had finished. After he had finished, however, a chuckle escaped the young woman's lips. She quickly placed a hand over her mouth, instantly feeling bad for her action. She hadn't meant to laugh! Even though it had been a tiny one! She knew she didn't like people laughing at her own fears, so she was certain other people probably felt the same way. She took her hand off her mouth and rubbed the back of her head sheepishly after a moment.

"Forgive me for laughing. It wasn't my place to do such a thing. I just feel everyone is afraid of the dark at one point or another. Your fear wasn't an uncommon one; I used to be afraid of the dark along with my sister as well. That's really nothing to be ashamed of," said Elsa, picking up an arrow and shakily moving to cock an arrow into her bow. She wasn't used to shooting arrows, so the action felt clumsy to her. Not only that, but the queen worried she would shoot her arrow into the ground on accident. "But I commend you for overcoming your fear. I have many fears, and I will admit I haven't overcome many of them at all."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Hearing Elsa laugh, Leuan noticed that it felt rather contagious... Soon enough, he was laughing alongside her it seemed he found that silly old fear funny too; in fact, it was one of the most mundane things he had once been afraid of. Quite obviously, he had used an easy example to talk about; he hated to admit it, but, talking about more serious fears, and the methods employed to combat then weren't something he liked to discuss, much less, reflect on very often, perhaps he still feared those things, he'd just gotten used to being afraid.

Leuan looked towards Elsa, hearing what she had just said, smiling a little as he shook his head "To tell you the truth... I've yet to overcome alot of my own fears." he admitted, kicking at the ground absent mindedly... It wasn't that he felt much resentment over it, just, regret. Though, eventually he shrugged a little, as if he were just shrugging off his thoughts like that, looking towards Elsa; she seemed to be having a bit of trouble with cocking the arrow into her bow, though... He quickly realized it wasn't the action itself, but most likely the possibilities that might come from it, though he was tempted to physically help her, he decided to speak instead, ending up continuing off of where he had left off when he had spaced out. "The secret to doing it is to concentrate on the desired outcome." He said, smiling a little, it seemed he was trying to "coach" her in a way, he believed she was very well capable of firing an arrow on her own.

@york

It was surprising to Elsa that Leuan laughed right along with her. She didn't know too many people who enjoyed having their fears laughed at, including herself. But maybe it was different with Leuan and the particular fear he mentioned. After all, he had overcome it. "What kind of fears do you have, Sir Leuan?" she asked, still fiddling with her bow as she spoke. When she was multitasking between Leuan and the bow, it felt easier to talk to him. Maybe because her attention was split and she didn't have to entirely focus on him.

Upon hearing Leuan's instruction about the bow, Elsa felt a little confused. "Is that really how it works with a bow? Because that isn't how it works for my ice powers... for years I desired an outcome where I would learn how to control them, but that's not how I learned to control them in the end," she said with a shrug. A bow was probably different though. It wasn't magical like her ice powers were, after all.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Well..." Leuan said, trailing off a little as he realized it may not be the best idea to tell Elsa about his own fears just yet, but, perhaps he could jsut give her an idea... Some of his fears were things he'd rather not disclose; it would most likely blow his cover to say the least, though, at the same time, it felt a little less difficult to talk to her about such things than anyone else really. "I guess my fears are centered more around current things." he said, cocking his head to the side a little, as if trying to think of what else he was going to say.

However, beforethat could happen, somewhat to his relief, Elsa commented on his advice, and, in response, he smiled a little "I'm no expert... But, from what I've heard, using magic isn't like using a bow... The two things have different ways to wield them effectively." he said thoughtfully, putting a hand on his chin, as if he were pondering what he just said a little; it had been quite a while since he'd started thinking about what it would be like to use magic like Elsa did...

@york

The queen continued to keep her attention split, but began to let it drift more toward the bow after hearing what Leuan's answer to her was. It was almost a sort of vague, cryptic type of answer that made her unsure about pressing to learn more. If he didn't want to tell Elsa his fears, she didn't feel he had to, but at least he could admit that to her. But anyhow, since he hadn't said he'd rather keep them private, Elsa gave in and decided to question him more on it. "Current things? Such as current events?" she questioned, wondering if he had traumatic life experiences. If that was the case, then she most definitely wouldn't press for more details.

"I suppose not," replied Elsa, drawing another arrow back on her bow after a moment. "Magic and material weapons are two different things entirely. There's the fact that material weapons will always do the same thing, but magic can be unpredictable at times. So I guess there really aren't that many similarities." The queen watched the arrow drawn back on her bow, attempting to keep her arm straight. "Where you come from, is there anyone with magic?" she asked, curious, frowning when she realized that she actually didn't know where he came from. "Uh, but, where do you come from?" she added sheepishly. If he had said before, Elsa honestly hadn't paid attention. In social situations, the queen spent more time trying to figure out how to get out of them then she actually did trying to absorb any information that people said to her.

//ooc: Sorry for taking so long to get to this. It takes a miracle to reply to my 1x1s when I'm GMing. lol.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan blinked, perhaps he had said too much, but, he knew he has to answer her questions, all of them, so some would be easier to answer than others. "Well... I suppose current events would describe it..." he said, a slightly thoughtfull expression crossing his face. Answering the qeustion about magic would be the easiest, at least in his eyes, "It's uncommon to see a magic user where I'm from... Only legends about them exist there..." he said, a sort of disappointe expression appearing on his face, just for a moment though before his expression returned to the normal, neutral one he usually donned, was it just him? Or was he starting to let down his guard a little?

Now, would be the hard part, to answer the question about where he was from, he paused for a brief moment before he answered "I come from the far West..." he said, deciding not to reveal the name of his home-town just yet. It would be rather awkward to tell the Queen of Arandelle that he was from Weselton, which was indeed farther down to the west from Arandelle, this had only become a complication ever since that Duke's poorly made decisions, leading to a halt in the trade between the two Kingdoms. Leuan cocked yet another arrow into his bow now, as he waited for a response, and fired it into the tree in front of him; there was a slightly crooked, but, relatively neat looking like of arrows down it now, it wasn't very big, but, it probably would grow in size soon enough... It was a little quirk of his, but, he'd never liked wasting arrows when he was just practicing, shattering them against one another felt more fitting in a public competition rather than a more private practice session like this.

@york //ooc: Take your time in getting to this if you're busy! I know you're GMing right now. ^_^ Just had a little time so I thought I'd reply.

Queen Elsa only nodded at his worse, starting to zone out his responses as she focused on her arrows. Unfortunately, however, she was beginning to become a bit uninterested in continuing her practice. She figured, maybe it would be easier to try and practice on another day when the weather wasn't so poor? And maybe even on another day when she didn't have someone hovering over her shoulder. "I see, well, I've never really visited the west," Elsa said, responding to the one comment he mad that she hadn't ignored. "But, as a queen, I'll need to start visiting new locations soon. I'm not really much for traveling, but it's just something I'll have to do." Elsa frowned. As a queen, she would always end up having to do things she really didn't want to do. It was quite a shame.

"Anyhow, I think I'm going to be done with this task. It's hard to focus on shooting arrows when it's raining. That may be part of why it's so hard for me right now," she admitted. With a wave of her hand, Elsa lowered the barrier of ice she had made around them, feeling the rain start to fall upon her head once again. "So, perhaps we should go back inside and dry off?" she offered.

• Love
Reactions: York
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan nodded a little at Elsa's comment; he could definitely relate... Alot of the time, his, well, career brought him all over the place, even when he didn't feel like traveling, and, sometimes... He found himself doing things that he didn't want to, but, had to in the end, to keep living... Though, sometimes he wasn't even sure if it was worth it at all, however, it was too late to change it; he was simply in too deep. Though, why was he thinking about all of that now? He had a mission, but, at the same time, he was less and less confident about going through with the whole thing, but, why? Was the great Leuan losing his nerve? Or, maybe he had grown a soft spot, but, was that even possible?

What Elsa said though jolted him out of his existential pondering for a moment, and, he nodded in response "I guess you're right..." he said, he didn't pull his hood back over his head; sure the rain made it rather cold, but... It never bothered him anyways... Wait, didn't Elsa say that once? Who knows, in either case, that was the truth. Though, getting all soaked like this wasn't exactly pleasant "I won't object to that." he said, managing to crack a smile, he headed over to the tree to retrieve the arrows embedded in it's trunk. Then, he started on the way to the castle, stopping to wait for Elsa before he continued... It was more of something he did instinctively rather than something he had consciously done, like he didn't even need to think about doing such things anymore, something about him had definitely changed since his arrival here...

@york //ooc: Gonna start using the Elsa icons I found in some of my posts cause I like them. lol.

Just as soon as Leuan agreed to go back into the castle with her, Elsa began to make her way back inside. Upon entering, the guards who stood and the gates appeared surprised to see Leuan and Elsa--but especially the queen--outside in the rain. Elsa, on the other hand, found it amusing that the guards of her castle always found it odd to see her outside during any sort of precipitation. Anything cold and wet didn't bother the blonde one little bit. Some people probably weren't used to that fact yet, but it was the norm for Elsa.

Once inside, Elsa called a maid over to bring the two of them some fresh towels while she waited with Leuan near the entrance. She hardly said a word to him, again submitting to a shy spell. She could bring herself to speak with him every once in a while, but at the end of the day she still just wasn't used to speaking with a male. One little planned party by Princess Anna wasn't about to change that. Anxiety was a part of who the queen was, and Elsa doubted it could change in a day.

When the maid returned with fresh towels, Elsa began to dry her hair off first. While she was drying her hair, the maid offered Leuan a towel, leaning in to whisper in his ear when Elsa was distracted. "I'm from back home. When you get some time, meet me in the kitchen. Its about your mission." She then stepped to the side as if she had never spoke, waiting for Elsa and Leuan to dry themselves off.

Once her hair was dry, Elsa began to dry off the rest of her body as best she could, not wanting to leave a trail of water in the castle when she would go back to her room. After she had dried herself off, Elsa slung her wet towel toward the person closest to her--thinking it was the maid from before. To her embarrassment, however, it was Leuan! Her wet towel slapped him right in the face. Opps! How inelegant! This was something that Anna would do--no offense--and she probably looked like such a spazz.

"Ah, my apologies," she said, letting out a laugh afterwards. Ugh, and now she was even laughing too! Laughing at him was probably rude, by the queen couldn't help herself. For some reason, she found her previous action amusing.

• Love
Reactions: York
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Leuan followed behind rather closely, occasionally brushing a strand of water-logged hair away from his face; judging from the expression the guards had on, they probably didn't expect them to pop out of the rain falling around them just like that. Though, looking at Elsa on the other hand, she seemed almost natural the way she was out here, despite the cold freezing rain that is, though, neither of them seemed to be too bothered by the temperature, though, Leuan was beginning to get a little bothered by the clammy feeling the rain inevitably brought.

As the maid Elsa had called for arrived soon enough, Leuan started to dry off his face first rather than his hair, leaving it till last, keeping in mind what the maid had told him... Though he was trying his best not to blow his cover by motioning back too much, so, he just nodded, ever so subtly, starting to dry off his hair now as he started to think again. What could this mean? Was there something else he was supposed to keep in mind? Well, he'd probably be told in due time, but, it didn't stop the curiousity, and possibly concern from gnawing at him, even if just a little.

Noticing that Elsa had finished drying herself by the time he had managed to wring all the water out of his rather copious locks of hair, he headed upstairs with her, he figured he might as well catch some shuteye... Maybe a brief conversation before he went off to the Kitchen. For some reason, he felt like he wanted to put that little meeting off for the time being, he almost dreaded it really, for reasons he himself couldn't really explain, no matter how hard her had tried... Was it strange that- *smack* he was abruptly brought back to reality by a cold, wet fabric that had more or less just slapped him right in the face.

It took him a few moments to fumble around with it before he finally pulled it off of his face, it left a damp feeling, but, nothing he couldn't deal with... Though, shamefully enough, Elsa was laughing at him all the while. Granted, however, it probably did look funny from a spectator's point of view, and, with that in mind, he laughed a little himself "No worries... It could have been worse." he said, trying to play it off as nothing, though he couldn't escape the slight embarrassment he was feeling about it all. Despite that on the other hand, he was alright, and his ego for the most part was intact, he figured he'd just walk Elsa to her room, then, head off to his room... Or, maybe he should just head to the Kitchen right after? It's better to hear what that maid had to say about his mission sooner rather than later, right?

@york

Although she found this situation amusing for a moment, it didn't take long for Queen Elsa to retract her previous feeling upon hearing Leuan let out a laugh as well. Her cheeks flushed red and she turned away for a moment, trying to convince herself of his words. "Right, it could've been worse," she mumbled in reply. But in truth, Elsa had found the situation to be rather embarrassing. A queen was supposed to have grace and charm, but slinging around a wet towel was rather careless and silly. Then again, it was kind of like something Anna would do so maybe it wasn't all that bad. It wasn't as if she was like an ordinary queen anyhow.

Taking a lock of blonde hair to fiddle with in her soft hands, Elsa gathered the nerve to look at him again after a moment. She cleared her throat, attempting to sound strong and queenly. "Anyhow, I do apologize for keeping you out in the rain for so long. Do you have any plans for the rest of the day? If not, I shall walk you to your room and be out of your way." Trying not to let her guard slip again, the queen worked her best to keep her voice sounding official. She couldn't be too much like her ordinary self around him. If that happened, she could slip up and embarrass herself again. She really didn't want that to happen.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Leuan noticed Elsa's embarrassment, but, didn't comment on it; that probably wouldn't help much really, instead, he just offered a smile and a nod, wiping away the slight dampness left over by that wet towerl from his face as he thought a little. That incident certainly could have gone better, but, it also could have been worse... It wasn't such a big deal, nor much of an inconvenience fortunately, but, he couldn't help but feel like it wasn't exactly one of his finest moments on duty... Or, really, even off-duty all things considered.

Soon enough, Elsa's voice snapped him out of his thoughts once more, he just shrugged in response "Getting wet once in a while isn't that bad..." he said, though, he shrugged a little "I don't have many plans right now... But, I'll let you know if anything turns up." he added, smiling once more... A genuine smile too, but, once more, he wasn't sure why he was doing this; it just... Came naturally. Though it was a shame they were parting soon, he did realize that he had that little meeting to get to, and, well... Would it be a good idea to grow too close to someone you're supposed to be taking out? Not in the romantic way either, but, could he even help it? The answer was uncertain, but, as far as he was concerned, he really couldn't seem to keep his feelings in check like he had so many other times... It frustrated him a little as he had no idea why that was the case.

@york

Once again, Queen Elsa wavered between sounding official and speaking more like her ordinary self. Her next reply to Leuan came off as more casual than her offer to walk him back to his room. "True. Getting wet isn't even really that bad for me. I can just freeze all of the water on my body and shake off the ice most times." Very slightly, Elsa shrugged her shoulders. "But sometimes it's nice to use a towel like an ordinary person and not some kind of..." freak "...magician."

Stroking a bit of her damp blonde hair, Elsa turned in the direction of the castle stairs before clearing her throat. "Anyhow, let's get you to your room, shall we?" she asked him, taking one step forward to show him that she was ready to proceed. She tried to ignore her heart slightly fluttering in her chest at the sight of Leuan's smile. She couldn't quite put her finger on why, but this man seemed a bit different than the others.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Leuan nodded a little, looking a bit deep in thought... While rumors of magic such as Elsa's were common, it was deeply abolished in Weselton, but... He could never understand why; maybe it was merely a gift a select few were born with? Or, it was some sort of hidden trait that only cropped up once in a lifetime. In either case, he himself didn't see such things as abnormal no matter how little he's seen of someone like Elsa actually using their powers, though, he could understand the need to be like others, as even he himself had felt that need in a younger time.

After a while, he nodded, snapped out of his thoughts by Elsa's words, following suit when she took a step forwards "Yeah... And..." he hesitated for a moment... What was he going to say? There was something he subconsciously was preparing himself to tell her, but, all of a sudden, his mind drew blanks for some reason. "Thanks for the escort... Maybe you'd like to practice again, some other time?" He said, finishing the sentence where he had trailed off; it wasn't entirely what he wanted to say... But, it was good enough to put his mind at ease for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.