The Art of Magic: OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make it random dorm assignments, and have us work it out amongst one another. Forced social shenanigans interactions are great RP fodder :D

Reactions: PrincessLala95
Make it random dorm assignments, and have us work it out amongst one another. Forced social shenanigans interactions are great RP fodder :D
That is an option, and is what I've done historically, but sometimes it is nice to change things up, especially if someone has spotted an interesting dynamic.

Currently wearing sounds good :)

Stick Dax in with anyone, doesn't really matter. He's the type to request an assigned room rather than a certain person, so yeah.
Oh, just noticed. Your character isn't doing the requesting. We are just using player powers to influence what happens to them.

Um, okay?
What does that mean? Are you interested, not interested, not sure how to proceed, just going to toss in the towel?

I have no preference. I think pairing with Laika or Haruka could result in something interesting, but I don't feel I've gotten a good sense of who the characters are by simply reading their CS.

What does that mean? Are you interested, not interested, not sure how to proceed, just going to toss in the towel?

I have no preference. I think pairing with Laika or Haruka could result in something interesting, but I don't feel I've gotten a good sense of who the characters are by simply reading their CS.
You're putting me in a very tough spot here with how you keep wording things.

How so?

I'm looking for some commitment. You wanted to collaborate, I told you two methods with which we could do that. I can't promise to be on Iwaku at a certain time because I don't know when I'll have time to write. What I do know is that I will have time to write almost every day, just not when. Start a google doc. or convo and share your ideas with me. What did you want to do? You asked for collaboration, so I assumed there was something you wanted to collaborate with. Your "umm... okay?" doesn't give me any idea of what you're saying okay to or what we're doing. Take the collaboration to the next stage. You're the one who asked for collaboration, so I expect you to take the lead on it. I have no idea what you're wanting to collaborate about, other than our introduction scene. I'm begging you, just communicate with me.

How so?

I'm looking for some commitment. You wanted to collaborate, I told you two methods with which we could do that. I can't promise to be on Iwaku at a certain time because I don't know when I'll have time to write. What I do know is that I will have time to write almost every day, just not when. Start a google doc. or convo and share your ideas with me. What did you want to do? You asked for collaboration, so I assumed there was something you wanted to collaborate with. Your "umm... okay?" doesn't give me any idea of what you're saying okay to or what we're doing. Take the collaboration to the next stage. You're the one who asked for collaboration, so I expect you to take the lead on it. I have no idea what you're wanting to collaborate about, other than our introduction scene. I'm begging you, just communicate with me.
. . .Are you serious? I don't know how Google doc's work. I asked so someone could take the lead -because- I have too much work to do. Seriously, what do you expect me to do, throw aside my work so I can spend time figuring half of this out?

. . .Are you serious? I don't know how Google doc's work. I asked so someone could take the lead -because- I have too much work to do. Seriously, what do you expect me to do, throw aside my work so I can spend time figuring half of this out?
Guys, guys. You both are being silly. Look, if the formation of a google doc is so tricky I will take responsibility, but the underlying issue is a negative attitude.

Seeking Calliope, I don't mind you talking curtly to me, but others might require a bit more tact. As a rule, expect the best out of people, or you run the risk of upsetting them.

Thundor, Calliope is the kind of person who is highly logical, so just expect him to form assumptions without any expectations actually attached. Even still, there is no way he could have known the expectation was for him to form the drive. Next time try to make your intentions more known.

(PS, I need your emails if I'm actually going to make the drive)

Last edited by a moderator:
uhh.. that's not what a collaboration is. A collaboration is jointly working to put out a single product. I also gave you the option of using conversations, or private messages, here in Iwaku. So, since you're too busy with work, you expect someone else to do it for you? Like the rest of us don't have a life, work, school, or a family that takes up our time?

I can't read your mind. A collaboration to me isn't me writing your post for you. I told you I didn't know what time I'd be on and that we'd likely never be on at the same time. That should suggest that I'm busy myself. This is the first you've mentioned being "too busy" or needing someone else to take the lead with your idea. It would have been beneficial had you fully communicated what you wanted and needed.

As is, I'm going to write my own introduction post. We've lost several days and I don't want to delay the first round. I hope in the future we're able to communicate better.

uhh.. that's not what a collaboration is. A collaboration is jointly working to put out a single product. I also gave you the option of using conversations, or private messages, here in Iwaku. So, since you're too busy with work, you expect someone else to do it for you? Like the rest of us don't have a life, work, school, or a family that takes up our time?

I can't read your mind. A collaboration to me isn't me writing your post for you. I told you I didn't know what time I'd be on and that we'd likely never be on at the same time. That should suggest that I'm busy myself. This is the first you've mentioned being "too busy" or needing someone else to take the lead with your idea. It would have been beneficial had you fully communicated what you wanted and needed.

As is, I'm going to write my own introduction post. We've lost several days and I don't want to delay the first round. I hope in the future we're able to communicate better.
Remember what I just said about using tact. You just got finished talking about what collaboration is, but I want you to think about this; what does putting Thundor down like this do to make the teamwork better next time? I don't mind you going off on your own, but you aren't going to make a lot of friends if this is how you treat them.

@ Luna - I have no intention of being rude. However, brief and concise is my attempt to communicate accurately. If people choose to read into my words, I apologize. I can't control how people interpret what I write other than use the best words possible, punctuate correctly, and have the willingness to listen to people when they have questions about what I meant. If I feel someone isn't communicating effectively, I'm going to try to prod them to do so, maybe it lacks tact, but someone who is putting forward enough effort to write two words: "umm...okay", isn't showing me that they overly care.

Further, in my opinion, someone who wants to emphasize upon how busy /he/ is without consideration of the others involved, doesn't exactly show that he's got a "team" mentality.

I fail to see how I put him down as nothing I wrote was derogatory.

@ Luna - I have no intention of being rude. However, brief and concise is my attempt to communicate accurately. If people choose to read into my words, I apologize. I can't control how people interpret what I write other than use the best words possible, punctuate correctly, and have the willingness to listen to people when they have questions about what I meant. If I feel someone isn't communicating effectively, I'm going to try to prod them to do so, maybe it lacks tact, but someone who is putting forward enough effort to write two words: "umm...okay", isn't showing me that they overly care.

Further, in my opinion, someone who wants to emphasize upon how busy /he/ is without consideration of the others involved, doesn't exactly show that he's got a "team" mentality.

I fail to see how I put him down as nothing I wrote was derogatory.
The problem is not that it is derogatory or unclear. The problem is that you lack grace and seem cold when you make such harsh statements. They lack empathy.

I understand what you are doing, and I honestly don't think you are trying to make anyone feel bad. Even still, you are making people feel bad, and lay back on the excuse that you can't control how people react to your words. The reality of the situation is that you know people don't like being told their shortcomings in such a way, yet continue to do so anyway. I know Thundor didn't clearly communicate this time. He was confused. Things happen. But it is important that we don't shame people for their mistakes. Right now, I can't see Thundor wanting to work with you anymore because of how you treated him. This is kinda just a really bad first impression, and it is going to take a bit for that impression to be overridden. However, lets think about what we do have control over to make this situation better.

Seeking Calliope, your efforts to communicate accurately won't be appreciated if you don't show concern for others. Calling someone out as a bad team member isn't going to make the teamwork better, but instead worse. In addition, it doesn't matter how technically correct you are if your words can't accomplish their goal. Assuming your goal was to improve future teamwork, you have not done that, and will continue to not do that if you choose to believe that the only thing that matters is accurately stating your thoughts. Also, putting things in perspective, we only started this group recently. Of course the teamwork won't be optimal yet. We haven't gotten used to each other and our posting habits. It will get there with time. For now, I just want to avoid letting this incident leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. If you have anything further to say, we need to move it to PMs.

Wow, over half the RP just posted. That is kinda awesome.

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Character Name: Sammy Minch(Swish)
Orientation: Straight
Species/Race: Greyish
Birthplace: Mikano Hospital
More: Birthday: June 13th

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
hoded_man_by_Arnymacs.jpg

Mana Nature: Fear
Natural Talent: Shadow Manipulation
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Find "Darkness"
Non-magical Talents:playing various board games. Talking to animals, lying.
Inabilities:Social Skills (mainly because people are uncomfortable around him)
Fears: Nothing he would know of.
General Personality: Often quiet, somewhat cold hearted, intelligent, tends to lie alot
Inner Personality: Nervous, kind, childish.
Secret: His true personality.
More:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: When he was a child, his parents were killed by what he calls "Darkness". After his parents died, he was adopted by a rich family known as the Wattsons.

Present Life: As of now, he doesn't tend to get along with his father, he is very closed off, and his father then decides to send him to a public school rather than homeschooling h

Last edited by a moderator:
GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Character Name: Sammy Minch(Swish)
Orientation: Straight
Species/Race: Greyish
Birthplace: Mikano Hospital
More: Birthday: June 13th

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance:
hoded_man_by_Arnymacs.jpg

Mana Nature: Fear
Natural Talent: Shadow Manipulation
More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Their agenda they would like to accomplish.
Non-magical Talents: Little things your character is good at. This can be anything from cooking to playing Sudoku.
Inabilities: Things your character is terrible at. For example, spelling or getting along with animals.
Fears: Things your character is afraid of, has a phobia of, or even small events they don't want to happen.
General Personality: This is the personality that the world sees. What people believe of your character. How they interact with other people.
Inner Personality: The part of your character's personality that they don't like to reveal to others. What people rarely get to see!
Secret: That one thing they don't want the world to find out.
More:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Childhood and important events that helped make your character who they are today.

Present Life: The events in the present life that tie them to the current plot!
Sorry, but this RP is closed. We filled all 8 player slots.

Sidenote of Somewhat Significance™: As for dorm assignments, I would personally request putting Saemon with Noémi for maximum lols. Look at their personalities. It'd be hysterical. However, I'll be fine no matter how you slice it. Just throwing out ideas and being social and stuff.

Sidenote of Somewhat Significance™: As for dorm assignments, I would personally request putting Saemon with Noémi for maximum lols. Look at their personalities. It'd be hysterical. However, I'll be fine no matter how you slice it. Just throwing out ideas and being social and stuff.

Maximum lols would indeed be had, however, I am too iffy on the idea of different gendered roommates, since that's more shenanigans than I'm comfortable with DX. Still, it's probably the most fitting roommate idea possible!

Maximum lols would indeed be had, however, I am too iffy on the idea of different gendered roommates, since that's more shenanigans than I'm comfortable with DX. Still, it's probably the most fitting roommate idea possible!
Statistically speaking, if I randomize the characters right now, your character would more likely be paired with a roommate who would find her attractive.

I'd say do it, personally. I doubt any "shenanigans" you speak of will happen. They'll probably use Noémi mounds of luggage to split the dorm in half. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.