The Art of Magic: OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Oniichan
Character Name: Serra Guilde
Orientation: Bisexual, leaning towards Heterosexual
Species/Race: Regalia Crux
Cruxians are a race with a deep history of conflict, stemming from their isolation from and xenophobia of other races. Their sense of superiority developed from the belief of being the crux of being as well as every member of the race being a Magi. They are naturally magically inclined. Cruxians can sprout wings, horns, tails and several other extraneous body features or appendages at will. They cannot, however, change their main body. Sprouting a body part consumes mana. Certain textures or properties consume more mana than others. For example, a hardened scaly tail would cost more than one with fur or just skin. Dissolving the body part returns a small portion of the mana used.
Birthplace: Primalia, Historia Dominion
More: Primalia is the capital of Historia Dominion. Historia Dominion is where most Cruxians reside. There are no residents within Historia Dominion that are not Crux. Non-Cruxian visitors are uncommon and, then, considered guests. They are generally treated well but never accommodated enough to incline them to stay.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance
Mana Nature: Steel
Natural Talent: Endurance

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Join a Mercenary House
Non-magical Talents:
x Kickboxing
x Melee Weapons Expertise
x Cooking
x Treating Wounds
x Chess
x Playing Guitar
x Wyvern Riding

Inabilities:
x Empathizing With Others (Incompetent, Not Incapable)
x Physically Rough with Others
x Horse Riding

Fears:
x Being Outdone
x Being Completely Alone
x Being Incapacitated

General Personality: Serra has an insatiable thirst for training. She enjoys it very much. Most of her free time is spent furthering her own capabilities. She often forgets to make time for friends or family. Despite this, she despises the idea of being alone. She doesn't necessarily have to be with someone she's familiar with to not feel lonely. Serra particularly enjoys having a buddy to exercise with, though she doesn't go out of her way to do it. She dislikes prying into other peoples' personal affairs but doesn't hesitate to ask when she doesn't understand a concept or information.

Inner Personality: Serra doesn't have much to hide when it comes to her inner workings. She actively states what she's thinking, even if she comes across as rude. She thrives on the presence of others without their explicit attention. When it comes to physical activities, Serra is not content unless she performs the best. She's a good sport about it but not without some form of bitterness.

Secret: Serra often contemplates dropping her career ambitions and, instead, getting married.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Serra was born into a royal Crux family, thus being Regalia Cruxian rather than just Cruxian. She grew up among many siblings, uncles, aunts and cousins sharing a large residence. During this time, she grows accustomed to being surrounded by people. With all her family, she is never alone for long. Her cousins teach her many skills in her early years. They teach her the social norms of nobles, how to manage her Crux magic and The family members value useful skills, promoting learning and teaching within the family. For the earliest years of her life, she lived among her family in comfort, furthering a desire to be useful. When she came of age, she was sent to a Cruxian military academy. She spends several years at the academy. Several formidable teachers foster her ambition to learn, particularly since she is treated exceptionally due to her societal status.

The military academy's strict routine heavily influences Serra's daily training habits. Little to no magic is taught or used. The school concentrates on physical and mental exercises and little to no time is wasted. As Serra spends time away from her family for the first time, she, at first feels incredibly uncomfortable in her new environment. With time, she acclimates by becoming familiar with the staff, gaining a deep sense of admiration for them. For most of her time, she befriends the academy staff, until they urge her to interact with students of her own age. For the last couple of months of her time at the military academy, Serra takes their advice. It doesn't go well or badly, considering they would separate very soon. To prove her genuine want to form a friendship, Serra exchanges mail with a couple of them still. After graduating and returning home, Serra keeps her habits, working out her body, aspiring to one day be an acclaimed mercenary, like some of her cousins and those of legend. Several of her family members support her and send commendation letters to several schools, among them Red Star Academy.

Present Life: Serra receives the invitation to Red Star Academy through a relative. Of all the offers she receives, she decides it to be most lucrative. In order to further her magical abilities before applying to a Mercenary House, she accepts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping that somebody would be willing to help me get caught up so that I can get involved again. Sorry for being gone for so long.
No worries. It is currently a dead week because I've been so busy. I'll give you a more detailed review of what happened while you were away at a later date.

Reactions: Oniichan
"☆Luna☆, post: 1775966, member: 9749"]No worries. It is currently a dead week because I've been so busy. I'll give you a more detailed review of what happened while you were away at a later date.[/QUOTE]
Alrighty. I will be ready this time I think

• Love
Reactions: York
Reserving this, I guess. Luna personally invited me. <3

Shyeal2_zps626defb8.png

Character Name: Shyeal Arren
Orientation: Lesbian
Species/Race: Elf
--Elves are long-lived creatures of beauty and naturally occurring magical talent. Most consider Elves to be the first to have learned magic and in fact penetrate their cultures and cities so much that to be without magic is akin to having a disability - it is as much a part of their lives as is breathing (however their potential for magic is as much as any other species). They tend to be, on average, a foot shorter than humans and have a more petite build about them and unless scarred in battle or war, Elves have flawless skin and hair. The longest Elf in recorded history has lived to the age of 900, but the norm among their kin is roughly 600 years of age. Due to their longevity, they tend to worry less about getting things done on time and spend more time perfecting whatever art they choose to pursue, making them much more experienced and adapt, but less flexible than other races.

It is also known that Elves are physically different from many other races, but some theorize that this comes as a result of their long lives instead of having to evolve or adapt to surroundings. Regardless, they do not sleep like others and instead enter a sleep-like meditation called Reveane, in which they are able to better reconstruct their minds as well as gain emotional recharge from the day's activities - this also only lasts an average of four hours instead of the normal eight that others experience.

More notable abilities of the Elves is that they naturally have keener eyesight than most and have the ability to see in low-light conditions (but they are still blind in complete darkness) and can see similar to someone who has 20/1 vision (or they can see something 20 feet away that someone with 20/20 can only see at 1 foot). This trait has led the realm to recognize Elves as some of the best archers to ever exist.
Birthplace:
Esta, City of Trees
More: Esta is normally hidden from the outside world, though not to be confused with having an Elven-only population. In fact, it is likely one of the most open-minded and non-judgmental cities one could ever hope to find, however it's admittance is usually restricted to those that are invited by one of the residents. While many have seen and visited the fame city, it's hidden nature (by strong magics) also keeps it among one of the lowest crime rates among the realm. Beyond this, it is a city that has been designed to naturally meld in with the giant forest around it, sporting houses inside trees, vines in the shape of ladders, and other hidden doorways that make the city feel magical.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

General Appearance: Shyeal is what you'd expect from the Elves in the woods (aka Wood Elves), sporting natural brown hair, slightly shorter suture than other Elves and piercing green eyes. Like most of her kind, she has a petite build, with a round, cute-looking shape to her face. With a bust size of a cup B, a thiner waist, she surprisingly doesn't look as thin as you might expect. Instead she happens to fill out her body more like a shorter adult or some case, being mistaken for an older teenager. The most notable feature though is her expressions, in the way they always seem to find a way of looking friendly and approachable - despite any sort of personality traits.

Mana Nature: Eye

Natural Talent: Knowledge

More: Literal morphing of the eye and is heavily knowledge based.

Racial Traits:
• Immortal: Not unkillable by any means, but Elves do not die from old age in the same sense other races do. Instead, they choose to pass on to the next life willingly, so in theory, an Elf can live forever if not killed.
• Keen Sight: Elves have a 20/1 vision and can see in low-light conditions, making it very hard to sneak past them while in their sight. They also tend to have a natural tendency to spot hidden switches, levers, etc.
• Magical Affinity: Elves have a better time understanding and using magic than other races to a slight degree - enough to be noticed anyways.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Learn the origin of magic; both on a personal level and she is convinced she could use this knowledge to somehow improve the world.

Non-magical Talents:
• Reading: Shyeal's comprehension is very high and she almost remembers everything word to word.
• Writing: Shyeal's penmanship is suburb, elegant, and completely legible.
• Puzzles: Though this relates more to abstract puzzles, she is none-the-less adapt at solving various puzzles - especially when given time.
• Quick Learner: Again, more relating to abstract concepts, she still has a keen mind to learning new skills and acquiring knowledge and understanding.

Inabilities:
• Martial Fighting: Even though her race is known as some of the best archers, she doesn't have any skills in any sort of martial combat.
• Dealing with Negative Emotions: Either with her own or others, she tends to stumble and fall in choosing the right course of action as often as she is able to choose the right course of action.
• Magical Duels: Due to her magic, it is less adapt at combat situations in general.

Fears:
• Being Alone: Like many others, she is afraid of being alone, but this extends a bit further to the point of almost believing that's exactly what is going to happen for the rest of her life.
• Insects: Not a true fear, but Shyeal is quite nervous around insects expect perhaps butterflies.
• Being homeless: She isn't well versed in surviving in the wilds and therefore knows that being homeless is a potentially fatal thing for her.

General Personality: Without any question, Shyeal is an introvert - if people are readily able to recognize what one is. She is friendly and listens well and is just as willing to offer advice as she is willing to just listen to someone vent. Shyeal also seems to be sweet and approachable, very girly in many ways, and an obvious nerd by her want to learn things for the sake of knowing. Beyond this, she normally tends to keep personal things ... personal.

Inner Personality: Not always out of choice, many people don't tend to see that far into Shyeal's personality beyond her initial guard. She is very romantic and loves being flattery and flirted with as well as being (and knowing) a natural submissive in all areas of any relationship she tends to be in. She is also very passionate about doing the right things, but also believes in letting others learn lessons on their own. Though approachable, it's not exactly known that she is very open-minded, to the point of overlooking issues of transgender individuals and even having the idea of wanting to try (a successful) three way relationship (not to be confused with an open one).

Secret: That she tends to enjoy more fetishes in the bedroom or wanting a three-way - secrets reserved only for those she's involved in, and if the opportunity presents itself to reveal them. Also explanations of her fears besides insects is also normally a secret until really close to her.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Not that Shyeal had an especially out of the ordinary childhood life, instead it's more because of who she is and how she had been wired from birth. However there were events in her life that helped her along her track towards the Magical Academy. For beginners, despite being some of the more renown magical users of the realm, Esta had always been more focused on tutorship than hosting a school. So only a few years after her birth, it was decided she'd attend one of the most renown academies in the land by her parents - Red Star Academy. So from the start, she always knew she'd have to attend an academy to learn more about her mana and spells.

So growing up, not only because she was naturally bent towards it, knowing she was going to attend had her reading a lot in the libraries and writing notes and studying. Coupled with her introverted nature caused an unusual result even for Elven-kind in the fact that she, by no one's intention, found herself alone more times than not and suffered emotional neglect. Even from her parents that did not share her pursuit of study - they still love her, but do not share her passions and (perhaps foolishly for parents) therefore did not know how to show support for it.

A third event in her life that became important was her attraction to other females. This is important because for Elves, they are the least fertile race to exist and therefore producing a soul-bound with the opposite sex (usually another Elf) is the most socially acceptable choice, even if you are not judged for the choice, at least in Esta they try their best not to judge even if it happens.

All this has contributed to her fears, her habits, and the fact that only those who prove that they care for her tend to fully understand who she is and what she wants, feels, and thinks.

Present Life: She has finally come of age for Elves to be sent to the academy, her community and parents hoping that someone within their walls can have enough understanding and wisdom to help the young mage grasp how to adapt her eyes to spells.

FYI: It is a little before 10 AM at the end of my lastest post. I'll post again to fill in the time after you've all posted.

Character Name: Miki
Orientation: Lesbian
Species/Race: Neko
Birthplace: Urbansia

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
General Appearance: Like this, with brown cat ears and a matching tail.
Miki_zpsa6615599.jpg

Mana Nature: Light
Natural Talent: Accuracy
More: Fragile mana structure makes the presence of other life extremely uncomfortable, and even hazardous at times. It also makes her intuition unusually sharp.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS
Current Goal/Purpose: To overcome her condition and make a large group of lifelong friends
Non-magical Talents: Music, Writing, Language
Inabilities: Being the center of attention, physical contact, ignoring something
Fears: Abandonment, being mobbed, becoming disabled
General Personality: Extremely shy, but equally friendly. Miki likes spending time primarily 1 on 1 where she can control her condition to a degree. Once she gets to know you, you'll more than likely become her shield in group situations.
Inner Personality: Indomitable, proud, and kind. Miki has struggled against a condition which turns most into stay-at-home introverts because she has a love of everyone around her. Miki wants to have a deep trust with her friends, and would do anything to ensure their safety and happiness.
Secret: Her condition is caused by a psychotic criminal who experimented on her soul, and continues to stalk her from the shadows.

So I was absent for awhile, busy with a few different things in life, and part of my process to get myself engaged in rp again was to redraw my character (which took awhile because I've been struggling mentally with drawing). This is part of the process I go through that helps me to get invested in my characters, so I figured it would make sense to upload the new design to show that I'm really ready to get back into the swing of things.

001 (756x1024) (591x800).jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
So I was absent for awhile, busy with a few different things in life, and part of my process to get myself engaged in rp again was to redraw my character (which took awhile because I've been struggling mentally with drawing). This is part of the process I go through that helps me to get invested in my characters, so I figured it would make sense to upload the new design to show that I'm really ready to get back into the swing of things.

Looks nice. I'm looking forward to seeing how she reacts to Laika's proposition.

It's a vast improvement, methinks. You should replace the picture in the CS.

Gonna post here mainly because I don't want the OOC in the graveyard. But while I'm doing this, minor announcement. After midterms are over, we are gonna do a lot of collaborative stuff.

Alright o.o I shall be looking forward to that :3

Status
Not open for further replies.