The adventure of time

Fay listened to what he said even though he didn't want to believe it. Giving up your heart. She felt as if she was in some movie. Why would anyone give up their heart to protect others? She didn't understand, and she didn't want to understand either. She knew that walking around without Allen would probably just make him worried. Or not, she thought, if he didn't have a heart. She glanced at him. "Do you care about me or not? Are you only doing your job? Could I be anyone else without you caring, as long as you could do your job?" she asked. The thought of him not caring about her for real, but only for his job, made her sick. Who was he?

He looked at her. "I..." Then he sighed. "Fay, I'm not your brother, or your father. I'm your bodyguard, and my job is to take care of your safety. Nothing else." Said him. A pretty young woman appeared and looked at Allen. "Allen? What are you doing here?" Asked her. "I was leaving." Said him nodding at the girl and then walking away. "Hey, Fayette, right? I'm Jana, I'm the one who will take care of your schedule..." Said her noticing the whole mess in her room. "You have a couple of things today.. But I'm sure I can move them to another day, don't worry." Said Jana. "Oh, do you know what was Allen doing here? I mean, he had this whole week off. He was supposed to return... In a couple of days." Said her reading some of the papers she had in her hands. "Anyway, I will leave you now.... I'm pretty sure you don't want me around right now." Said her with a shy chuckle.

Fay looked at the girl in the doorway, she knew that she probably didn't look too happy. She nodded quick as this Jana introduced herself. She smiled a bit at her when she said that she could probably move things to another day. It would suit her just fine, Fay had other things on her mind today. Fay looked a bit confused as Jana told her that Allen wasn't supposed to be there. Why had he stayed? "Honestly I have no idea... he has been in his office most of the time, I think", she said, although she didn't really know much at all, she wanted to help Jana as much as she could. Maybe it was because of all the trouble that she had caused, that Allen felt that he couldn't leave her. Fay wasn't sure, and didn't really feel like finding out either. "If you like you can go ask him about it, I'm sure he won't mind", she said, although she had no idea whether he would mind Jana asking about his business or not. "What's first at the schedule?" she asked, mainly out of curiosity.

"Hmmmm... Your mother wanted you to go to the mall. This Saturday your father gives a party for some investors and he wanted both, you and your mother, to be in there." Explained Jana. "But that's next week, I can re schedule it to any afternoon this next week, just after you come back from your classes." Said her. "The chef wanted to see you too, something about a recipe or something like that. He had been like crazy asking to anybody to taste it, but it looks like nobody has the time to do so." Said her smiling. "Anyway, like I was saying, I can clear the rest of the day for you.... You know, in case you wanted to be alone."

Fay smiled back at her. Jana seemed to be nice, she wasn't like all the others who always rushed her about everything. "I think I'll go to the mall, if that's what my mother wants. Is there anything she wants me to buy or do while I'm there?" She asked, because she thought that her mother had a reason to send her to the mall. "And maybe I'll taste the chef's recipe too, after the mall... Or maybe right away", she said and went towards the door. "I'll do that quickly, meanwhile you can check what my mother wants me to do at the mall. I'll meet you in the hallway", Fay explained and went out of her room towards the kitchen.

"Oh lá lá! Fayetté! Come in, come in!" Said the chef with a smile. "Do you have a minute? I've been trying to prepare something special for the party next week, but nobody seems willing to taste my creations. And I'm not the must appropriate to taste them, in the end they are my creations, so they always taste wonderful!" Explained the chef. Then he opened a pretty big pot with hot soup in it and poured a little bit of it in a bowl.

"Here, taste it." Said the chef giving her the warm soup and a spoon. "Its made of: Shark's fin, abalone, Japanese flower mushroom, sea cucumber, dried scallops, chicken, ham, pork and ginseng. I hope you like it..." Said him looking at Fay.

((Hope I didn't fast forward too much? If there's anything you thought that the chef would do, say or anything like that, just write as if Fay stayed in the kitchen, and then I can edit my post.))

Fay smiled at the chef, it seemed like he was really happy about what he had accomplished. She didn't doubt that his soup would be less spectacular than what he made it seem to be. "I'm sure it'll taste just fine", she said and took some soup on the spoon and tasted it. "It's lovely!" she said with a big smile on her lips and looked at him. "It's wonderful. I'm sure that everyone at the party will be blown away by this", she said and tasted some more. "It's really good", she said and put the spoon down and glanced at the doorway. "I better get going. Anyways, nice soup", she said and then walked off towards the hallway.

"Oh... You know how to compliment me, girl." Said the chef making a really girly movement with his left hand and winking at her. "Sure, you go, but don't forget to come back later to taste the lobster!" Said the chef as Fay left. On the hallway, Jana was walking towards the kitchen when she found Fay. "I spoke to your mother, she just wanted you to buy something nice to wear on the party. I think she said 'a long and classy dress would be nice.' " Explained her.

Then Allen appeared, putting on a dark glasses covering his eyes of being seen. "Oh, yeah, I notified Allen too. He insisted in coming with you." Said her as he got where they were. "Even if he shouldn't be here." Said Jana looking at him. "I'm doing my job, Jan... I mean, Jana." Said him clearing his throat. Jana blushed a little bit, but shook it off quickly and looked at both of them. "Anyway, I should be going. And you too, or you will come back too late." Said her with a smile as she was walking away.

When Fay saw Allen, her mood instantly sank. This wasn't what she had thought that it would be like. No, this was wrong. Fay had thought that she would get some time on her own, being able to think and to not have anyone following her all the time - especially not Allen. She had been hoping that she would be able to sneak out of the house without Allen knowing, going to that mall with only Jana knowing. She should have understood that it wouldn't work, she thought. She looked at Allen and felt pissed off, so to speak, but she tried not to show it. Since Allen was just doing his job, as he said himself, Fay was sure that it wouldn't be a problem.

Soon Fay had gotten dressed and left the house. It was a nice weather and although it was a bit chilly, the sun shone and it made the air feel both cold but fresh at the same time. Fay put her hat on a bit more covering more of her forehead, although she made sure to see where she was heading. The mall, buying a long, classy dress for the party. That couldn't be too hard. She walked beside Allen although she pretended like he wasn't really there, at least she didn't look at him. If he wanted to do his work, then sure, she didn't mind, she thought, although she really did, this time.
~
"Finally", she said as she entered the mall. It was pretty big and there were plenty of people moving around in the different stores. She headed towards one of the more expensive stores, which she knew had the kind of dresses that her mother would like her to wear. She walked in to the store and began browsing around the dresses, trying to find a classy dress.

It was understandable that Fay was mad at Allen, in the end he had threatened her friends. But he did missed a little bit all the happiness that usually surrounded Fay and, subsequently, him. He wasn't hired to be happy, anyway. Once in the mall, Allen walked close to Fay. There was lots of people in that place and he wasn't too comfortable with that, still, he felt that all that people and being out of the routine for once, may make Fay feel better.

Allen looked around when they go into that fancy shop, but didn't really saw anything unusual. Well, except for a guy in the other side of the shop, but Allen thought he would just be some random husband waiting for his wife to spend his money. With enough luck there won't be any more action in some time, Fay doesn't like that, thought Allen.

Fay also noticed the guy at the other side of the shop when she went inside, but she didn't pay him much attention. She wouldn't let some stranger who was just looking around as she did ruin her day at the mall. And after all she had Allen there to protect her if anything happend, which was something to be happy about, she thought. At least she was safe, although she still didn't feel all that comfortable with Allen following every step she took. She wanted to be free as everyone else, walking around alone. But on the other hand, she knew that it was better to have Allen with her, or at least that was what everybody else thought, 'in case anything happend'.

She glanced at the guy now and then as she looked at the dresses, she couldn't really take her eyes off of him. But she saw that he started looking at her now and then in a strange way, probably wondering why she starred at him. She decided not to look at him anymore, since she didn't want to worry Allen, and took a dress and went towards the changing rooms. "You're not coming with me inside, are you", she said to Allen as she showed her dress to the lady sitting in front of the changing rooms, making sure that no one took anything that they hadn't payed for. Without waiting for an answer, Fay went inside with her dress and found an empty changing room to try the dress on.

"Of course not..." Muttered Allen as he sat on a pretty comfortable couch. Those things had to be specially designed for boyfriends and husbands who had to wait for their girls, thought Allen. Leaning a little bit he sighed and looked around again. The weird guy was browsing some clothing. Well, let's be honest, that guy wasn't all that weird, it didn't seemed to come from the poor districts or something worse. He just didn't fitted in there. And was the only guy actually browsing clothing in a woman's shop.

"May I offer you a drink while you wait for your fiancee, sir?" Asked one of the girls who worked on the shop. "You don't have a very good eye for this things, right?" Replied Allen. "Oh... I... I'm sorry. I..." Stammered the girl realizing her mistake. "I'm fine, thanks." Said Allen and then the girl walked away embarrassed. Young people this days... Thought him with a chuckle.

Soon Fay had tried on her dress and looked in the mirror a couple of times. She didn't take too long in the changing rooms, usually she didn't, at least. It was more of a try on, then off with it and try something different if it didn't fit or if she didn't like it. She thought of what her mother would think of the dress. It was a yellow, a pretty dark shade of yellow, dress, with a bit of a light yellow at a ribbon at the back. Maybe it wasn't that classy after all, Fay thought and sighed. Maybe Allen knew what her mother would like her to wear, she thought and stepped outside of the changing room. "Hey, Allen! You think she'll like this, or should I try on something else?" she asked as she walked towards him, although she was still at the other side of the line that seperated the chaning rooms from the rest of the stores.

As Fay had called out Allen's name, the guy browsing the womans clothes had gotten closer to the changing rooms. Soon he was standing in front of the desk with a skirt and a t-shirt, obviously made for girls. Then a girl came and touched the guy's hand a bit, and the guy turned around. The girl smiled at him and said something in sign language. The guy turned over to the girl at the desk with a smile. "Listen, this is my sister, she's deaf and she'd like me to go with her, if that's all right", he said. The girl at the desk looked a bit surprised at first. "Um... well... normally I wouldn't allow boys in the chaning rooms... but I guess that it's OK... I mean, if she can't go on her own...", she said, and the guy thanked her even though she hadn't said yes, and walked in with the girl.

Allen looked at Fay, and as he looked at her, realized that we shouldn't judge a book by its covers, because in the end, that weird guy was just simply helping his sister. And that was something that restored some faith in humanity and a simple smile on Aaron. "Fay, with that you will be the star of the party, that's for sure." Said him. Surely her mother was expecting something black and boring, but that dark yellow dress looked classy enough to fit in a party like the one it was supposed to, but still had that little touch of youthfulness and happiness she had. "Really, I mean it. It fits you like a glove."

((Tell me if there's anything you'd like me to change, maybe it's too dramatic or something, you know. Feel free to tell me to change anything. And by the way if you like lets say that Allen got permission to go and look for Fay if you want to. ^_^))

Fay smiled at Allen. "Great, I'll have it then", she said and went back to her changing room. When she opened the door she saw the guy inside. "Um... I'm sorry but this is taken", Fay said, sounding a bit insecure. The guy looked at her, imbarrased at first. "Oh, sorry, I didn't know", he said and smiled at her. She found it weird that his sister wasn't there since she was blind. "Where's your sister? I thought she was blind?" Fay said confused. The guy nodded. "She is. She's getting dressed though", he said. Fay felt even more confused. "So... what are you doing here if she's capable of chaning clothers herself?" she asked. The guy grinned at her and grabbed her by the arm and slowly and careful not to make any noises, put her against the wall with a grip on her wrist. Fay kind of froze and stared at the guy with wide, scared eyes. "Looking for you", he said and kissed her. Fay didn't resist but didn't kiss back. "Kiss me", the guy whispered, but Fay didn't. "Let me go", she said quietly. "I'll let you go when you kiss me", the guy said, and stopped his kissing and looked at her. Fay swallowed and nodded. "OK, but make it quick", she said, and the guy kissed her again, and this time she responded to it.

"Take your dress of", he whispered, and Fay froze even more. He couldn't be serious. "I can't, my friend is waiting outside", she said, hoping that he would let her go then. He looked a bit disappointed, actually. But just as she thought that he would let go of her, and he actually loosened his grip around her, he grabbed her by the wrist and looked at it. "I knew you had a lot", he said with a grin. Fay didn't have time to react before her timer counted down and his up. "You'll get it back when you undress", he said, after taking almost half of her time, or even more, she wasn't sure anymore. "You won't give it back, will you", she said. "Of course I will. I'm not interested in time, anyway. I can get more whenever I like. I'm not from these rich districts, you know", he said, and that made Fay believe in at least a little of what he said. She wanted to believe that she would get her time back. "I'll come get you soon. A couple of nights or so. Maybe sooner. I'll be there when it gets dark. And if you tell anyone about this", he said and pushed her up against the wall, "you'll regret it. And you can't be protected from me. I'm watching you", he said, gave her a quick kiss before he let her go and went away. Fay sat down in the chaning room, she couldn't believe what had just happened. She started sobbing quietly, what was she going to tell Allen? Was she even going to tell him? How long had she been in the chaning room? She thought that he must be worried, but she couldn't go out just yet, she had to get herself together first.

"Hey! Hey, Sir! You can't go in there!" Could be heard one of the female employees of the shop. "Sir!" Said the same voice again trying to stop Allen. But it was well known that when Allen had something in his head, he was stubborn as a brick wall. "Ahhhh! Get out!" Screamed some other female voice as Allen walked into the changing rooms. "Fay. Fay!" Said Allen. "Sir! You can't be here!" Said one of the employees. "I will leave when I see it fit." Said Allen in a really threatening tone.

"Fay?" Asked him once he found her. Didn't required to be 'Sherlock Holmes' to realize something wrong had happened, since Fay didn't usually looked that way. Allen took off the jacket of his suit, leaving the holster and the gun at sight, and covered Fay with it. "Fay, what happened?" Asked him in a much lower tone. As if it was protocol, Allen checked her for injuries and other wounds. Also for her timer. "Who did this?" Asked him noticing almost half of her time was gone, still more than enough left, but a robbery in the end. "Fay, look at me. Are you alright?"

(( A little bit too dramatic, yes. But it's fine. Let's see where this takes us ; ) And Permission? Allen? Well... You know how he is... ))

Fay looked at Allen as he said her name, and let him touch her anywhere he wanted. She knew he was just making sure she was all right. She glanced at her timer when he asked about it, and then she looked away. She felt ashamed - as if she was the one who had been doing something wrong. Maybe she had, she thought. She looked at him after not being sure whether to look at him or not, she didn't want him to see how upset she really was. She didn't care about wiping her tears away, she knew that she couldn't lie about it, however. He would know if she lied, he wasn't stupid. "I don't know really", she said, not even sure of what question she was answering to. "It was a guy", she said and swallowed. "When I got back here, he was in here... and I asked him what he was doing... he said that he was... well, looking for me", she said and bit her lip. "Then he started touching me... he wanted me to undress, but I told him that my friend waited outside", she said and looked down at the floor, she wasn't sure whether to tell him what had happened next or if it was best for him to not know.

The guy had said that he would find her, she thought. What was the point in telling Allen about what he had threatned her with? Of course she would be safe for now, but she couldn't imagine a life inside of the mansion, or with someone looking after her, 24/7. She felt it would just be easier to let him do what he wanted, and then it'd be like nothing had happened. She knew she had to end the story somehow, though. She glanced at Allen before she continued. "Then he left", she said, not sure whether Allen would believe her or not. It didn't really matter though. Everything just felt so scary and wrong, she felt as if the guy was still watching her. And he had even said it himself, 'I'm watching you', she remembered it clearly. "Please don't tell anyone. They'll just be worried", she said and looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was a mess, she didn't look the same as before. "I'll wear it for the party so that mother will be happy, but not a second longer than necessary", she said and took it off, not caring about Allen being there.

Allen grabbed his phone and turned around, for respect towards Fay, and because it was a usual thing people used to do when they had to call. "Mika! Mika, I need you right here right now." Demanded Allen and then proceed to gave Mika an address. "Fay." Said him looking at her as some of the security staff from the mall began to appear in the shop. "Fay, I will take you with Mika now. She is one of the best workers we have in the security staff. She will take you home." Explained him grabbing his jacket. The last he needed now was to bee seen with a gun. "Hey, Hey. Look at me." Said him putting a hand in her arm, trying to calm her down. "Hey. Everything will be fine, alright? I will take care of everything." Said him in a reassuring tone.

"Sir? Sir, you can't be here. I need to ask you to leave." Said one of the guards, safely protected by other two guards. "No need to take the dress. We will find another one even better." Muttered him looking at Fay. Not that the shop staff would have let them take it now. "Alright, alright. We are leaving." Said Allen walking outside slow and easy. Once outside, Mika appeared driving one of the big S.U.V they had at home. And she was three quarters the same as Aaron. She stopped abruptly over the sidewalk and got down analyzing every inch around her.

She looked as serious as Allen usually did under pressure. A gray woman dress, dark glasses and her rage red hair all pulled up in a pony tail. "Mika. Here, take her home." Said Allen. "'Da.' Allen. Come on, Ma'am. Let's get you to safety." Said her in an accent that accompanied her strong Russian facial features.

Fay looked at Allen as he touched her arm and flinched a bit. She nodded, yes, everything would be fine. He would take care of things. His way of taking care of things made her a bit worried, though. What did he mean he would 'take care of everything', what did that mean? Did it mean that he was going to find that guy, whoever robbed her, and hurt him, or even kill him? Fay didn't want to think about it. Especially not if the guy was coming over some day soon, like he said he would, so that they could 'finish', and she could get her time back. She was pretty sure that he wouldn't risk anything though, since she guessed he had probably thought that she would tell someone, or that someone - her friend, as she had told him, who was Allen - would wonder. She really just wanted to forget about it all, she didn't want to worry about the guy looking at her through her window or anything, without her knowing it. It wouldn't surprise her if he did though, since he said that he was watching her. How was he watching her, she wondered, and looked around as if there would be a camera that he watched her through, but of course the only camera was the camera that the store had put in the changing room to make sure that no one stole anything.

Fay was pretty grateful to Allen when he said that she didn't need to wear that dress at the party, that they'd find another one. It felt good not needing to buy the dress. After that she was done changing, she looked at Mika, a woman she hadn't met before. Oh well, she would give her a ride home and then everything would be back to normal, or at least almost.

~

Back at home Fay sat in her room. Mika had made sure that Fay got to her room safely, which had annoyed Fay quite a bit, as if Mika thought that she was a child that couldn't take care of herself. In a way maybe she was though, she thought. She couldn't even go to a mall buying a dress without getting robbed. She looked out the window but didn't see anyone. When would he come? Would it take hours, days, weeks? Hopefully Allen would find him before he found her, she thought. But she wasn't really that hopeful that Allen would find the guy before he found her - he said that he was watching her and that he was coming to her, which meant that he knew where she was. Allen on the other hand didn't know anything about this guy, other than what he looked like, that he seemed to be from the poorer districts and that he had a blind sister, if that was even true.

Allen had to take all he learned being a cop in order to even start to track down whoever robbed Fay. The weirdo at the shop. That was sure since he was the only one going into the changing rooms. Who was he? Or how did he looked like? Well, that was why the security cameras were for. It wasn't easy to get to the tapes, and it took some serious 'convincing' to even be able to take a look at them. "Is this the only thing you have?" Asked Allen. "Yes... Ahhh.... Yes... I swear...." Muttered the owner of the shop as he lay on the floor of his office, barely leaning on the wall with blood on his hands. "Mmmm.... Not enough...." Muttered Allen looking again at the video. "But that'll have to do." Said him as he dropped a screwdriver stained in blood and left the office.

The videotapes turned out to be a dead end. The guy's face was barely visible, and that girl he claimed to be with was also a little bit blurry, but was way more clear than the guy's one so Allen took a picture with his phone of both. Questioning the staff of the shop was also a dead end. The people there seemed more focused on calling security again than answering his questions.

So, with a couple of blurry pictures and too much questions, Allen had to leave the mall. Thinking about it... The blind girl, the one who was with the man, seemed genuinely blind. How she walked and did things didn't seemed acted, and it was plausible that somebody used a blind person to take advantage of the situation and get into places that otherwise he wouldn't be able to get. With that in mind he grabbed and went to some of the clinics and places for the impaired people. Sad was that those places where only in the poorest districts of the city.

There wasn't too many places like those in town, but in the first one nobody seemed to recognize the guy or the girl. So, after a few more driving he got to the second place. With enough luck somebody would be able to put some light on the issue. "Hey. HEY! Anybody home!?" Yelled Allen as he entered into the drawing room of the building.