The adventure of time

Fay stopped as she felt Allen gently stopping her. She glanced at him and listened to what he said, she wasn't sure of what to think. She was about to say something when he said that if she didn't like it, and then something, but she kept quiet since it seemed like he changed his mind. He was right, she thought, it was a long way home. And that he would tell her what she wanted to know sounded good, but on the other hand, she didn't know if she wanted to know what had happened. The thought of what he had done made her sick, maybe she wouldn't be able to hear the rest of it - what had actually happened. She bit her lip, she was angry at him but she also felt that a ride home would be good since she was tired and honestly, she didn't feel like walking home. She didn't know where she was and she would probably just get lost again. She didn't think that Allen would leave her though, but it all felt too complicated. The easiest thing to do was simply just to let him give her a ride, she thought. "What is it that I shouldn't?" she said, a bit offensed. "Then I shouldn't let you do your job, or what? Maybe I should not go out, is that what you mean?" she said and bit her lip. "I don't want you to abuse anyone or whatever you have done. I feel so bad knowing that you're hurting people just because you want to keep me safe. It's not fair, I don't deserve that", she said and looked at him. "Besides I don't want to know what you did. Just don't walk around hurting others... it's not... I don't know", she said and sighed. "I'll let you drive me home... but not a word about what you did", she said and walked back to the car and got into it.

Allen sighed. His job was the last thing he had that linked him to any kind of real thing he may have in his life, so yeah, he would do anything to keep it... And Fay... Well, over all this time, that girl had been one of the few things that kept him sane enough not to fall into drink or drugs, so keeping her safe had become even more important than his job. "Sure thing, Fay." Muttered him and followed her into the car. He turned on the car and looked at her. "Just... Just be more careful next time, alright?" Said him as he began to drive.

The day turned out to be a pretty nice day, the weather was sunny and the temperature was kind. And that seemed to affect in all the people around since everybody seemed happy. Not hard to be happy in a district like this, but that kind of happiness... It felt different, it felt genuine. "I'm sorry, Fay. I just wanted you to be safe." Said him stopping in a red light.

Fay glanced at Allen and nodded slightly. She could agree that maybe she could have been more careful than she was. But honestly she couldn't really remember much of what had happened, so she thought that maybe she could sort things out about it later. Once she didn't have a hangover anymore she would probably have an easier time to think, and things would be a lot more clearer in her head, she thought. When Allen stopped the car because of a red light, Fay looked at him. She had been quiet all the way since he had started to drive. She nodded again at his words, not sure if to say anything or not. But of course Allen was right, in the end all he wanted was for her to feel safe.

"Yeah, I get it", she said thoughtfully as she saw the others cars at the other side of the road driving away. Soon their red light would probably turn into a green one. "I'm sorry for getting that mad at you", she said, not sure whether it was right or not to apologize. Had she done anything wrong? She looked at him. "I have a terrible headache though. Could we buy some aspirin or something in a store somewhere near?" she asked, since she felt that she couldn't keep up with the headache any longer.

"Of course." Said him looking at her for a moment before the light turned green and he kept driving. Not far from there, he found a drugstore and quietly, he parked the car in front of it. Next to the pharmacy there was a nice cafe, and looking at it, Allen thought that a nice coffee would feel great in his body. "I need a coffee badly. Would you like to drink something with me after we get those aspirins for you?" Asked him softly as he pointed towards the cafe.

((You wrote Aaron in your post, but you mean Allen, right? By the way, if you like, you can fast forward to the cafe))

Fay looked at him thoughtfully. Why would she say no to such an offer? Having something to drink didn't sound too bad. But when thinking about it, seriously, all she wanted was to get home and get some rest. But she thought that she may as well just sit down and have something to drink with Allen since he asked for it - after all, he had been nice enough to drive all the way to Green and whatever it was called, to get to her, which was very nice of him, and so she thought she could give him something in return. She nodded and stepped out the car and shut the door. "Sure, let me just swallow one of those aspirins first", she said.

Allen nodded and got down of the car too and then they walked into the pharmacy. Inside there were a few customers, but they didn't paid too much attention to Allen or Fay. Then he asked for the aspirins and gladly payed for them, but the whole conversation with the salesgirl was quite uncomfortable, and Allen had the feeling that she was thinking bad about him.

Once everything was set, Allen walked with Fay to the nearby cafe and there they sat in a nice place nest to the window. "This place is pretty nice, right?" Said him looking through the window. After all, the Greenlands had that name precisely by the beauty of the sights. "Do you remember how did you get here?" Asked him, but then realized that maybe Fay didn't wanted to talk about that. Allen sighed and looked at her.

Fay looked at him, unsure of whether to answer or not. She sighed as well and looked out the window. The view was amazing, it really was. "It's pretty", she said, answering his first question instead of the one he had asked recently. She thought of what to tell him. What was there to say? It wasn't like she had something to hide. She was quite ashamed of it all though. Once Allen had actually trusted her, she got drunk and left alone somewhere. Anything could have happened.

"Honestly, I don't remember much at all", she said, and glanced at him. "I know that I was with Daniel and Mallory. Then Mallory went away to dance, and..." she said, thinking of what had happened next. "I saw those..." she said, but stopped herself. She bit her lip, she didn't want to make Allen worried. Maybe he would never let her out of sight again if she told him. She understood it was too late though. "I saw those eyes. I mean, familiar eyes. I don't know, maybe it was just hot... anyways, I got outside with Daniel, I think. Then I don't remember much until waking up at that stranger's house", she said, realizing that she had forgotten his name already. "But it didn't end up too bad, after all", she said, "this guy was actually really nice", she continued and drank some of her water. "I'm sorry if I worried you. I know it was stupid and immature of me to behave like that. I understand if you're mad at me", she said and looked out the window again.

Oh, Mallory and Daniel... I remember those names.... Thought him as he listened to her. Allen cleared his throat and hided a little bit more the stains of blood in his shirt. "Mad? No, maybe disappointed... But no, neither that. It was my job to protect you, and I should have been there for you." Said him, not really knowing if that was making things better or worse. "The thing is that you are okay. Just... Be more careful next time, okay?" Said Allen taking a sip of his coffee.

((You can fast forward if you like ~))

Fay nodded, Allen was being nice to her, it seemed like he would let it go just like that. After all she had learned her lesson after what had happened - she wouldn't meet with Daniel again, at least not alone. On the other hand she wasn't sure what had happened to him, so she thought that talking to Mallory about it could be a good idea. Maybe she knew something about what had happened that night. Fay didn't think that she would do, she had probably been with someone else the whole night. The only way to find out is to ask Daniel, she thought, unsure if it was a good decision to meet up with him. On the other hand nothing was decided yet. She drank some more and yawned a bit. "Is there anything special for me to do when we get home, you think?" she asked, even though she wasn't sure whether Allen knew what was on her schedule or not. She had something that maybe could be a plan, but she wasn't all sure yet.

Allen shrugged and took the last sip of his coffee. "Only one way to know it for sure." Said him as he got up. "Come on, let's go back home." Said him and then they walked back to the car. Once in there it didn't took too long to go back home. Once they were inside the house, Allen looked at Fay and sighed again in relief. "Lady, I realy need to grab some sleep. I will be in my office if you need anything... About your schedule... I'm sure you don't need to attend to anything important... but I'm not completely sure if you have anything to do in here... That new girl... Jana? Joana? ... Hell, I can't remember.... Anyway, a new girl... I think she is that small office next to your father's office? I think she is the one who takes care of schedules and all the other small business of the house." Explained Allen. "Anyway, as I said, I'll be in my office. Okay?" Said him with a yawn.

When they were finally home, Fay could understand that Allen was tired. In fact, she was pretty tired herself as well. She smiled at him when he yawned, it was kind of cute. She would never say that out loud though. She nodded as he spoke, she was probably not going to see that girl anyway. At least not now. When Allen had stopped talking she nodded again. "Yeah, sure. I think I'll be in my room", she said, turned around and went away.

When she got to her room she laid down on the bed. It was as if she had forgotten all about that plan that was about to form in her head on their way home. What was it? She didn't remember. Maybe it was best that way, she didn't want anyone to worry. And she didn't want Allen to hurt anyone. She bit her lip as she thought about what he had done in order to find her. She was so mad at him. But, he had apologized. That didn't help the ones who had gotten hurt though. She turned around in the bed, looking out the window. She wasn't sure whether to try to get some sleep or not. Maybe it was a good idea. Although she felt the urge to go outside trying to find out what had happened, with Daniel and everything, she knew it had to wait to the morning. She glanced at her wrist, only to discover that there was more time than enough left for her. No need to worry. She yawned and closed her eyes, still as dressed as she was when she stepped inside the door.

Allen went to his office and sat behind the desk, so tired he almost fell asleep that same instant. There was some files on the desk. Files that wasn't there before. "Yeah, right... The security sytem thing..." Muttered him. But yeah, that can be taken care of later. And with that thought in mind Alen fell aslep.

'Jimmy, this is Colonel Tuket. Nightstalkers are on the way. They are coming from Kandahar.' Allen heared his headsed barking. He was again in that mountain. Again, living everything once more. But this time it felt more real than the other times he had recalled those memories. 'That's not going to work. Anderson is hanging on by a thread.' The mountains were slightly snowy and everything looked really peaceful. Some men were gathered at the extraction point, all of them had bruises, and some of them even wounds, but one of them was seriously injured, lying next to a rock with the captain of the group, Allen and a couple of other team members helping him. 'He's a warrior, he's gonna make it. They are on route.' Said the colonel by the radio. 'You're gonna be okay, brother. You are gonna be okay...' Said Allen.

'What's the deal?' Asked one of the other men next to Anderson to the captain. 'We have to wait. The birds are coming from Kandahar.' Replied the captain. 'No. No, no, no.' Muttered Allen getting up. 'Allen, Overlord: What the fuck is going on? Anderson's gonna die if we don't get him off this damned mountain right now.' Said Allen to trough the comms. But the evacuation didn't got to the extraction zone any sooner than expected. 'We're losing him. Anderson... Anderson...' Said one of the other men. But Anderson never replied back.

Allen got up of his chair all of sudden, his hands were trembling and his whole body was sweaty. With a quick glance to the clock he saw he had been aslep for almost seven hours, still, it felt like an entire day. And that wasn't a good thing bearing in mind he had been re-living a nightmare. Allen took a deep breath and looked at the files on his desk. Seven hours... ay must be awake, and the files, and the appointments and... There was no time for post traumatic stuff right now, thought him.

Fay had been sleeping fairly good, even though she had been awaken a couple of times due to nightmares. She had dreamt about those eyes, the guy back in that other place who had helped her, and Allen and his bloody clothes. The last hour she had managed to sleep with no nightmares though. Opening her eyes she wasn't that tired, she guessed she had been sleeping for quiet some time. She sat up in the bed and got dressed, there as no time to lose. She glanced out the window and saw that the sun was shining, but the clock couldn't be that much, could it? On the other hand, maybe Allen had been nice and let her sleep longer than usually because of what had happened the other day, she thought. She went to the window and looked outside. It seemed to be a beautiful day. She couldn't leave right away though - where would she go? She went to get her coat that she had thrown on the floor in the middle of the night one of the times when she had been awaken by a nightmare, and picked up her cellphone. She dialled Daniel's number, hoping that he would answer. Otherwise she didn't know what to do. She wanted to meet him and talk about what had happened. Or maybe Allen had done something to him? The thought of Daniel being hurt because of Allen wasn't impossible, she thought, since she had spent the night with him and Mallory. What about Mallory, Allen wouldn't hurt a girl like her, would she? Mallory looked at the cellphone and bit her lip. What if Daniel really was hurt?

It tok a little longer than usual, but eventually someone picked up the pjone on the other end and replied. "Yes? Who is this?" Said a voice much more deeper than the one of Daniel. The voice of his father, who was with him at that time.

"Hi, it's Fay", she said, a bit confused at first. "Is Daniel there? I'm a friend of his", she said, and thought it was odd that Daniel didn't answer himself. Maybe he was actually hurt? The thought was scary and she didn't really want to believe that he was hurt. Maybe he had done nothing wrong? She anxiously waited for the man at the other end to answer her.

"Sure." Replied him. "Kid, it's a friend of yours.... Fay... Or something like that." Could be heard him talking on the other end of the line. "Fay? Fay, Are you okay?" Asked Daniel when he finally got the phone. "I... I... A man appeared last night asking for you, you know? That guy gave quite a beating to the guards of the club and left the owner uncinscious." Explained him. "I swear I Didn't told him anything about you... I mean I didn't knew where you were... He broke my nose anyway. Oh, you should talk to Mallory too... That guy put a gun on her head when she mentioned your name." Said him leaving a couple of seconds of silence. "Look, I don't know in what kind of troubles are you into, but I would feel safer if you didn't call me again." Said Daniel before he hesitated, but finally hang up the call.

Fay listened to what he said, a bit shocked at first. Had Allen really broke his nose? He spoke fast and didn't really leave her enough room to say anything, so she kept quiet. She couldn't really believe her ears - had Allen beaten the owner unconscious? It made Fay upset. Whoever the owner was, he had nothing to do what had happened to her. When Daniel said what had happened to Mallory, Fay was almost on her way to hang up on him. How could Allen do something like that? He knew Mallory was her friend - to put a gun to her head was a bit too much, Mallory thought. After Daniel had hung up on her, she sighed and bit her lip, close to tears. So, she was in trouble? No, Allen was the one in trouble. Or at least, he was the one getting her in to trouble.

She looked out the window. She didn't want to spend a second near Allen anymore. She couldn't believe what he had done to them - they were her friends! After thinking for a few minutes, she knew she had to get a hang of Mallory. She dialled her number hoping that she would answer. "It's Mallory", Fay heard at the other hand. It was a relief hearing her voice. "It's Fay", she said, and she could hear Mallory getting stiff almost through the phone even. "Oh, Fay", she said, "I don't know what lunatics you're hanging out with, but that man", she said, and Fay quickly interrupted her. "Mallory, listen. I know what he did, and I'm sorry. I didn't know he would do that... he's my guard, or something, at least he's supposed to keep me safe. He let me out for that night and when I didn't get home, I guess he just got... worried", she said. Mallory sighed at the other end, close to tears. "That guard you have is crazy! You should have seen what he did to everyone else... it wouldn't surprise me if he had actually killed me", Mallory said, sobbing. Fay bit her lip. "I'm sorry", she said, not knowing what else to say. "So, you're just going to let him do that, or what? If you knew that he would do that you shouldn't have left the house in the first place!" Mallory said upset. "Don't you ever come near me without making sure that your guard know what you're doing, OK?" she said, and Mallory said an almost not hearable 'yes' before Mallory hung up.

"I'm an idiot", Fay said to herself and laid down in the bed. She bit her lip and went out the room. "Allen! Allen, come here!" she screamed upset. Allen needed to know what he had done and that it wasn't OK. "I hate you!" she screamed even though no one was there, and kicked the wall before going inside her room again, slamming her door hard. "I hate you!" she screamed again and started throwing the books in her bookshelf all around the room.

Allen rose hi head when he heard someone screaming, didn't knew what exactly was saying the voice, but he could notice the voice was from fay, and his name was in the sentence. He got up and walked trough the huge house until he got to Fay room. Once he got there, he opened the door and walked inside without asking anything. Well, someone was screaming. "What's up with all the screaming, Fay?" Asked Allen as he walked in. "Hey, hey! What's wrong with you?" Said him Walking inside and looking at her trowing her books all around the room.

Fay looked at Allen, there he was. The man who had ruined everything. The man who was supposed to protect her. "I hate you!" she screamed and threw a book towards him. She turned around and kicked the bookshelf a couple of times before looking out the window. "You hurt my friends, you know that?" she said and looked at Allen. "It's nothing wrong with me, it's you, walking around hurting people you don't even know!" she screamed and bit her lip. "You're the one there's something wrong with", she said and walked over to the window. "You broke Daniel's nose and you put a gun to Mallory's head. That's not OK", she said and turned around. "Now no one wants to see me because they think you're a total nut case!" she said upset and walked towards him. "You've ruined everything that matters to me on the outside", she said and sat down on her bed. "I just feel like beating the crap out of you right now", she said and glanced at him, "but I don't think that I'd be able to. I have a heart, you know."

Allen defended itself against the book trowing, but didn't did much else. Books wasn't the worst thing he had been thrown at. He listened to her and waited patiently until she was done talking. "Yes, Fay, you have heart, like many others. But there are also many who doesn't, and there is a few of us who have to give up theirs in order to protect the rest of you." Said him still with the memories of his past echoing in his head. "I had a job, and I did it as I was trained to do things." Then he sighed and walked towards the door of her room. "You want me to apologize? Fine, Fay, I'm sorry. But I would do it again in order to protect you." Said him.