The adventure of time

Fay smiled a bit. Yes, she really passed out. She looked thoughtfully, what did she drank? Honestly, she didn't know since Mallory had been the one ordering the drinks. She tasted the coffee that he had given to her. She looked at him, not really sure what to tell him. She sat down and drank some of her coffee. "Well, I was at a club with some friends of mine", she said. "Then I... Panicked, and a guy, one of my friends, followed me outside..." She said, trying to remember what had happened. She shook her head. "I don't really remember, I'm sorry, but I guess that I was left alone... I mean, if any of my friends was with me I probably wouldn't have knocked on your door", she said with a smile. "I'm Fay, by the way. And no, we don't know each other", she said. She tried to remember what had happened but she couldn't, all she remembered was Daniel walking outside with her, talking to her. She bit her lip. Maybe something had happened to him, or Mallory? She looked at Artyom with a worried face. "Where am I? They must be worried, I'm sure they are looking for me... And by the way, who are you?" She asked.

He listened to her and nodded as he heard her story. Usual; Someone put something on my drink story. Guess she got very lucky to knock to the door of an inofensive student and not a rapist or worse, if that was even posible. "My name is Artyom and you are quite far from you came. I don't remember any clubs or party places nearby." Said him. "Anyway, there are taxis everywhere here and you can use my phone if you need it. But hey, if you use it make it short, some of us aren't as rich as the usual people who lives here is." Said him.

Fay nodded slightly. Could she really borrow his phone? "You don't want anything in return?" She asked, a bit confused. "How far away am I, what's this place called?" She asked, thinking that maybe she could tell whoever she called, where she was. "Um, just out of curiosity... If you're not 'as rich as the usual people who lives here', how come you live here?" She asked.

He smiled. "You are a girl full of questions." Said him. "We are in the Greenlands, the most distant neighborhood in this district." Explained him. "And I have a scolarship that covers all my expenses, but it does it a little bit hardily some months." Said Artyim. "Still, go ahead, use the phone. The sooner you left the sooner I'll be able to return to my things." Said him sounding a little bit more rude of what he expected, but he meant no offense, it was his accent who betrayed him.

Fay bit her lip, she must be far away from home. "You're right, I better use the phone right away", she said and stood up, not too fast though, and went to the phone. She dialed the number to where she lived, she thought it was a better idea than calling Mallory or Daniel. After all, maybe they were still drunk. It reminded her that she was as well, and she sighed. How could this be?

Finally a voice replied on the other side of the phone. "Yes?" Said a female voice. "Who is it?" Said again the voice of the young woman on the other end of the line. She was one of the new secretaies, probably the new one doing practices for his administrative degree. Not that she was unaware of the family related things, but she was new, barely two weeks working at that place now.

"Hello, I'm Fayette", she said, a bit confused at first. She couldn't remember talking to this woman before. Maybe she had dialed the wrong number? She bit her lip, unsure of if she should hang up or not. "Is Allen there?" she asked, hoping that he would be. "It's urgent, I really need to talk to him", she said, in case however the woman was, didn't understand everything yet. After all, maybe she started working a few days ago, Fay didn't know. It made her feel a bit bad about herself, not knowing who was in her own house.

"Fayette? ... Fayette! Allen was looking for you, all night." Said her. "Yes, yes, hold a minute. Let me patch him trough." Said her and then dissapeared. It took almost two minutes, but finally someone grabbed the phone again. "Fay? Where are you?" Asked allen with lots of noises, music and some screams on the backgorund. "Fay!? Are you okay?"

Fay was surprised to hear all the noises in the background, when Allen finally spoken to her. She bit her lip. "Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm with some guy... I kind of got here last night. Nothing has happened, I'm fine and this guy is really nice", she said, trying to calm Allen. "I'm in the Greenlands. Maybe you could look it up, I have no idea where it is, but I think it's far away", she said and sighed. "I could wait here if you like, maybe you could talk to the guy I'm with", she said, doing everything she could to make it sound as good as possible. "Whatever you do, don't worry. I'm fine", she said.

"I don't think that guy you are with is going to be willing to give his adress to a stranger over the phone." Said Allen as he walked out of the pub he was in, leaving a couple of broken arms and some fractured ribs. Old punch first and ask later... Didn't worked too well this time, but it was good to remember old times. "You ask him. If he is such a good guy as you say he will tell you." Asked him.

Fay started to get a bit worried as Allen spoke. Maybe this guy wasn't as nice as she thought? After all, he was a stranger. She glanced at him and then looked at the phone again. "I'll ask. Otherwise I guess I could just wander around outside till I see a sign telling me what street I'm at, or something like that", she said, sounding a bit irritated, but it was also an idea about how to solve it if the guy wouldn't give her the adress. She turned to Atyom and put her hand over the phone so Allen wouldn't hear. "He's wondering where we're at. Where you live, what adress", she said.

Artyom looked at her, obviously hesitating. "Ehmmm.... Tell him to go to the bus stop between Galloway and Woods Home street." Said him. "I will tell you how to get there." Artyom wasn't afraid of people knowing where he lived, in the end, he had no enemies. At least, not in this country, thought him smiling. But the thing was that telling a stranger his address wasn't neither something he liked to do. Anyway, that bus stop is really near. "Who did you called?" Asked him once he saw she was finished.

Fay told Allen where to go, hoping that he would get there rather quick. She hung up the phone and turned to Artyom. She wasn't sure what to answer. "I called a friend of mine. Well, he's..." she said, and glanced at the phone. "He makes sure I'm OK, kind of... keeps an eye on me, you know", she said, thinking that it was a pretty good description of who Allen was. At least, to those who didn't know her. She drank some more and then put the cup down. "Do you think it'll take long before he's there? I'd like to go home", she said and walked towards the hallway.

He listened to her words an nodded. Seeing her walk to the hallway made him happy, finally he would be able to continue his study. "Well, I don't know. I guess the farther he is the more he will take." Said him as he got next to her. "So, this bus station I tell you..." And then he explained where it was, but between his accent and what what it seemed like a poor sense of orientation made it quite difficult to understand where it was. "Did you understood it?"

Fay shook her head and bit her lip. "Not really", she said and put her shoes on. "Maybe you could follow me, if that's not too much trouble for you. I wouldn't like getting lost again... I guess it's easier to get back now that it's not dark anymore, but, you know what I mean", she said and smiled a bit at him. "...right?" she said, as if she thought that maybe he didn't get her at all. She stood up and opened the door. "You know what, never mind, I'll get there myself if you have other things to do", she said and stepped outside.

Artyom stepped outside with her, and once on the streets he pointed towards the place the bus stop was. "It's easy, see? Is just... Just... Just ask someone who speaks proper English..." Said him looking at her. "Oh, hey..." He looked at her and sighed. Then he took a piece of paper and a pen form the pocket of his shirt and wrote a number on it. "Here. This is my phone number. If you get lost, or if you happen to pass by the neighborhood some day... Or just trow it. I don't even know what I'm doing this..." Said him with what it looked like a mild blush. "Come on. Just leave already, girl. I must study."

((By the way, I think her coat is still in that club or whatever. I actually forgot about that... well well.))

Fay smiled a bit and took the note with his number on it. She wasn't sure why he had given it to her, and it didn't seem like he knew, himself either. At least it didn't seem like he had anything planned for her coming by. "Thanks", she said and put the note in her pocket. Maybe she would call someday, who knew? It was nice of him giving her his number, she thought, and looked towards where he had been pointing. "I think I'll find it. I'll call you if I don't. Thanks for the help", she said and began to walk towards the bus stop. He was a really nice guy, she thought. She had been very lucky to end up at his place and not some lunatic, because, after all, who knew what could have happened. She could have gotten robbed, beaten up or even worse. She bit her lip as she remembered that she didn't have a phone. She turned around but couldn't see him. She sighed and continued walking.

Aaron got to the place Fay had told him, parked the car not far from there and waited inside. From the position he was in he could see the whole street, the bus station and a big part of the other street. If fay appeared in the scene he would see her immediately. Still, that didn't calmed him down. A entire night awake, punching faces and almost torturing people to take information out of them and he only got to a pretty preppy club. Not even that 'Daniel' kid gave him any useful information. But after breaking some of his bones he began to cry and was useless to keep asking him anything. Not even threatening to hurt that girl he was with seemed to work. But now it seems that I finally found her, thought him looking at the shit of his suit, a little bit stained by the blood of all the people he had to 'Kindly' ask for information that night.

Fay walked and kept an eye out for Allen, or at least a car, or something. She wasn't sure whether he would get there walking or with a car, but she assumed he would take some kind of vehicle. Yes, of course he would, if it was far away from where they lived, she thought, and smiled a bit at her silly thoughts. She was probably just tired and had a bit of a hangover, she thought and yawned. She had a pretty bad headache that she hadn't really noticed until she was left alone on the streets. Soon she spotted Allen's car, and went over to it. She walked over to the passenger seat and opened the door. She wasn't sure what to expect - was he going to be mad at her for her irresponsibility, or was he going to just be relified that she wasn't hurt? She quickly spotted the stained blood on his suit, wich made her sick. She knew that Allen would do pretty much anything to keep her safe, since that was a big part of his job, but she tried not to think too much about what he was actually capable of doing. Sitting next to a person who probably wouldn't have second thoughts about beating someone up really bad or maybe even killed them if necessary, made her rather scared.

She found herself still standing on the ground with the door open, watching Allen's suit. Her eyes met his for a quick second before she realised that she had been gone for a few moments. "I-I'm sorry", she said and sat down. He wasn't going to hurt her, she was sure of that, but the knowledge of just how much pain he could cause someone else, made her feel a bit anxious. Who knew what he had done trying to find her? She didn't even want to think about it. "Um..." she said, and closed the door. She looked at it. "You know what, maybe I should just... go for a walk", she said and opened the door. She didn't look at him as she closed the door after going out of he car, and she began walking from where Allen probably had come. She didn't feel well and she needed some time on her own, but she knew that Allen probably wouldn't let her walk home all by herself.

Allen looked at her and before he could say anything she left again. He get down of the car and closed it, then, he buttoned his jacket to hide a little bit the stains of blood, since that was probably what took Fay back. At least that was what he thought. But his thought were a little bit blurry; a entire night awake working without stopping and now that. "Wait." Said Allen, stopping Fay as gently as he could. "Look, I don't know what to say, I honestly don't know. I did my job, alright? You don't like it, then you shouldn't...." Then he realized the only one to blame here was himself, so he took a deep breath and looked at her. "Home is pretty far from here, Fay. Come on, let me drive you there and, if you want, I will tell you anything you want. Deal?"