That Guy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Brian laughed at his last comment, he wasn't angry anymore. He understood that this truly was the guy he was, and this was how he spoke with people. So he wouldn't take the comments seriously, " Well then, since theres no pay I better get a hell of alot of enjoyment out of this job... " He smirked a bit as he watched the man closely, he could tell he'd been around for quite a long time. Brian knew he had been as well, couple hundred years, but that was probably nothing compared to how long Todd had been in this line of work. " So they why don't you get into a bit more detail about this job, what exactly are you offering me here, you said that you would hire me on instead of this Cor person... " He let his brow drop a bit as he said this, still glancing around the bar. The other patrons seemed to be getting a bit uneasy towards there conversation. Brian had always had to keep his work secret, but he could tell Todd could give a rats ass who knew what he was and what he did with his free time. Brian looked up suddenly at his last comment, " Does it realyl matter if I know who you actually are, i'm sure ill find out soon enough.. Unfortunately...", He sighed after he spoke this, realizing this was gonna turn out to be a very different type of job..

Todd grins, and extends his hand across the table, as if to make a move to shake Brian's, "Course it matters who I really am. You ain't gonna get far, kid, if yeh cant figure out who I am compared to yeh. Or rather, what part of meself is inside of yeh." He frowns, but nods, "I suppose its fair enough to ask what sorta job this is. It's an easy job, really. Just do what yer instincts tell yeh. Those instincts are to die for, really. His sunglasses seem to flicker slightly, "I suppose you know all abotu that though, seein who you are and who I am."

"Where to begin, where to begin... You see, there's an Agency at the end of... well, at the end o' human compassion. It's called just the Agency, and enjambers, poets like meself, come out of it. The enjambers are a strange lot, all different sorts, from little J.D to Cor to meself. The job is simply really. Each enjamber has a task. To provide a muddy like yerself - er, sorry, muddy... Muddy means mundane where we come from, " He shrugs his shoulders, not really seeing the word as an insult, before he continues on, "We provide a muddy with a job. This job is simple as well. Yeh go out and do what the Enjamber is." He sighs, and thinks for a moment, "That doesn't make much sense to yeh, I 'magine." He taps his fingers against his face, trying to give a more simple answer, "I'm a recruiter of a sort, gettin' people to do something deep within their muddy little hearts that they wouldn't dare do, but that they've always wanted to."

He smiles fondly, recalling something, "On an assignment with Cor. Met a young man very like yerself. Name was Jason. Got him to rape and murder his best friend before he killed 'imself, brains goin' everywhere." He smirks wickedly, "Maybe that gives you a better idea? Perhaps yer still dumb and deaf, as well as blind." He holds his arms out like a showman, "I'm an idea, bulletproof and eternal, Mister Brian. Got that line from a comic book, but it still holds up." He shrugs.

Brian was a bit confused as Todd spoke, he had no idea what he was talking about. But, the more he listened the clearer it became. Todd was a manipulator, not in the normal terms but literally he was a manipulator. He was the type of person who could make some one literally do whatever he wanted them too, and Brian became a little cautious as he spoke. " So by the looks of it, im not going to end up getting anything out of this job at all, except for total and complete emotional or physical pain on my part, if not death. So please enlighten me onto why I would like to join you..." It was true, Brian had totally changed his outlook on this situation, and he honestly didn't want to be a part of this anymore, but the curiosity got the better of him, as it always did. He had killed his family in the past, atleast the american side of it, but he never let anyone know about it, let alone think of it himself.

Talea stood up from her perch, while her hands removed the gloves from her hands, and the jacket from her body. The shirt she wore beneath wasn't exactly comfortable. It had the appearance of a corset, but with long white sleeves. On the sides glistening of metal handles could be barely seen if she raised her arms. Tilting her head to one side she looked about the room, trying to sketch each person's face to memory.
However, the two that seemed to stick out like a sore thumb disappeared. That actually relieved her far more than they knew.
She had no use for murderers and sarcastic poets.
With a small shrug she tossed her jacket on the back of her chair, and reclaimed her seat. One leg crossing over the other lazily, and her hand drifted to tap the empty shot glass. "Another shot please." She said in a soft voice. The barkeep never kept anyone waiting for long, and she took note to pay a big tip before she leaves. She picked up the glass and took the shot, before slamming back onto the counter making a loud thud.
For the first time in a several years she was relaxed despite the company inside the building. However, she knew if she continued to ignore them they would do the same for her.

Todd's smile gleamed in the dim light of the bar. It was an impeccably white smile, odd, considering he had a nauseatingly black cigarette clamped between his teeth right at that moment. The man laced his fingers together, after his handshake had been refused, and simply smirked for a moment, his sunglasses hiding any underlying emotion that might be behind his eyes. "Pain, oh no. None of that. Poor Jacey was just an exampul'. We would have a much more equitable bis'ness relationship." He enunciated these words carefully, so that his accent didn't get in the way, "No-no Misteh Brian, we would have a partnership fa' more suited to what yer lookin' for."

He leaned back in his chair, "I'm not a murderer, like yerself, I'm more eveh present than that." His cigarette lights of its own accord, "As fer yeh, yeh'd be livin' a violent existence in my name." His sunglasses twinkle, "Yeh and I both know that yer killer instincts don't jus' stay low. Yeh get the hunger. I can appreciate that." He nods, "The other werewolf, Talbot... 'e 'ad that admirable quality as well." He reaches into his jean pocket and pulls out a handful of hundred dollar bills, "If yeh really want money... I can provide that. But I would think yeh'd do it 'cause of the fun of things. " He shrugs his shoulders, "No pain, emotional, physical will 'ome to yeh, I assure yeh." He blows out a cloud of blue smoke, "Besides, think o' the esteem! Workin' personally for a membeh of the Agency. That will 'et you girls, even if yer assignment doesn't already." His smile seems to wink at him, "Which it will."

A contemplative looked cross Brian's face as he listened to the man's words. He was right, it was everything he wanted, he could even throw him some cash so he could keep a roof over his head. It was the job offer of a lifetime as far as he was concerned. Looking back up to Todd, meeting the man's eyes, Brian nodded, " You got yourself a partnership.. " He said as he brought his hand up to make it final, " If it's everything you say it is, then I shouldn't have to worry about any of my normal problems, and thats the only thing I was ever worried about...So it looks like I really don't have a choice....And the sad part is, is that your right about the enjoyment...I greatly enjoy the kill...The blood...The rush.. " He looked back towards the small group and realized that this night turned out the be one of the best he ever had, a nice time with the ladies, and the job offer he'd always wanted.. " So, Mr. Todd, just what is the Agency about. What is your guy's purpose.. " He was still curious about this "Agency" He was definetely wanting to know what kind of people he could be working with in the future.

Todd smirked, "Now that would be tellin', wouldn't it?" He leans back in the chair, shaking Brian's hand vigorously. The palms of his heads are soft, slightly warm, but not unpleasantly so. It's like the warm skin of somebody's lover - particularly pleasant to the touch. He withdraws the hand to laces his hands behind his head, totally at ease with the murderer infront of him. He hadn't employed a murderer in a very long time. That was Cor's job. But werewolves were special cases. Werewolves all belonged to Todd whether they knew it or not, since that foolish red-cloaked girl in that cottage so very long ago. He shrugged his shoulders. It would be nice to have one on his side again. It had been a very long time since he had one on his side, and he was happy to have him.

"The Agency? We're just a couple o' blokes tryin' to make a dishonest livin'. We're an odd bunch, but I suppose we're all sorta the same in some way or anothah." He pushed his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose, "What's my job, is whatcha should be askin'. And probably who I really am since yeh obviously ain't got it quite figured out. Yeh think I'm a manipulator and yeh'd be right." He nods, "But that ain't all of it. I toldcha, I'm an idea. All enjmabers are. Do yeh know what the word Enjambment means?"

He pauses, delighting for a moment in his explination, before continuing in a cool flat voice, "Enjambement: The end of a line in a poem. It's an end-stop. An end to somethin' or another. In this case, or in my case, an endstop to empathy. Fer yeh, it's somethin' rather different. Yer not an enjmaber, of course. Enjambers are born, not made, but you've got the same job. An end to empathy." He blows out some blue smoke, "My associate Cor's job is rather different. He's an endstop to life. Petty murders and such." Todd smiles, "But yeh have potential to be so much more than just one of Murder's cronies. Yer mine."

He pulls from his jeans a folded piece of paper. A contract, written in very clear typed print. It reads:

You, Mister Brian, solemnly swear to be within the service of Rape, also known as Mister Todd. Mister Todd will pay you in whatever amount of currency that you ask for, and promises that you will enjoy your service to him. You are bound by contract to do what he tells you in regards to the following articles:
Seduction of whoever Mister Todd may ask for you to seduce. (He swears that he will not go against your orientation)
Rape, in its purest and most base form.
Murder upon Rape, a slight complication on the former.
And, murder on the refusal.
This contract binds you legally and illegally to the service of The Agency at the End of Human Kindness. This contract may be negotiated upon complaint.

And there was a spot for Brian to sign his name. Todd smirked, passing a pen over to him, also produced from his pockets, "Questions, Brian-Boy?"

Brian listened to every word that fell from Todd's lips. Almost clung to them before they hit his ears. The job description sounded absolutely amazing, he couldn't ask for more. The contract as well, everything that feral beast inside him loved was written on this single peice of paper. He took the pen from Todd's hand and looked down again at the contract. The only thing that confused him, was where the fuck did this man find time to write this out...Unless it was already written out. Had this man foreseen this whole scenario? Had he known that he was going to meet Brian here at this tavern on this exact night? It actually made him a bit uneasy, then perhaps he knew that no matter what, Brian could not deny this offer. The thing inside him wouldn't let him. He could actually feel it stirring inside of him, it was hungry, and he knew why. This was getting to him, this whole situation had gotten that things attention, and now it was intrigued. He sighed softly as he signed his name across the line, and handed the contract back to Todd, " Listen, im perfectly fine with everything written there, but if you don't plan on giving me something to do here soon, i'm going to have to find something to do with myself for a few hours.. ", he looked up to Todd, then back to the door. He couldn't let himself go here in the bar, he never let himself go in public.....

" Do it.....Whats the matter? You just don't know what it's like. Let me go once, just once here is all I need, and I promise when you'll get to watch every second... "

The voice inside him echoed through his head for a few seconds before he finally realized who it belonged too. The spirit of Riushu lay within him, a legendary creature in Lycan lore. He hid this secret from anyone who ever became curious, he simply killed them off even at the mention of his name. A low growl emitted from his chest, almost in the form of a chuckle. Brian grimaced a bit as he felt the urge become a bit stronger just at the thought of what Riushu wanted. He actually craved the blood that would be shed. He knew he had to find a way to fight this urge before chaos erupted upon this beautiful night.

Todd laughed merrily, "Go forth thou good servant." He said with much grandiose, pomp and circumstance. He took off his black glasses to look Brian right in the eye. His light blue eyes met Brian and he could see that monster inside of him. It pleased him, to some degree. He and the Big Bad Wolf were on good terms. They were both the same thing, really. The Big Bad Wolf had been one of Todd's names, once, back when Todd was not Todd at all, but some previous incarnation of the idea he embodied. Todd grinned toothily, "Eager boy, clever boy, but not really a boy at all. Hello old ghost,' He addressed the spirit directly, "Yeh and I are one and the same. Perhaps yeh'd like to kill me, but to do so would tah-be tah kill yerself, and nobody wants that." The embodiment of Rape shrugged.

He gestured around the room, "Pick a target, stalk 'er and 'unt 'er like the wolf yeh are. Yeh should know this by now. I'm lettin you loose. The first real freedom in some time." He places the glasses back on the bridge of his nose, "I know yeh want to take charge of yer life, so take control over somethin', anythin'. Show it what for. Destroy somebody completely." His glasses twinkle, and he says in a low voice, somewhere deep within his throat, "I know 'er scent drives yeh mad."

Blake looked around taking in the newcomer at the bar, she seemed ordinary enough, but really the two talking in the back was all the excitement this little place was going to get. Standing with a stretch, she walked to the bar leaving a five dollar bill for her drink and heading for the door. It was time she walked herself home it was simple anyway she could defend herself in most situations, the fire escape had just been easier last night. Pulling her thin coat close, she took one last peek out the window and reached for the door pulling it open.

Stepping out into the cold she drew in a deep breath of the frosty air her lungs burning from the sensation, as she turned and headed for her apartment.

The words seemed to rage the beast within him, Brian suddenly burst from the table and out the door, the woman walking was his target and he knew it, but worse, he accepted it. He felt Riushu slowly clawing his way towards the surface and just sat back and let him take control. The skin around his hands and face began to stretch and tear as the fearsome transformation began. The scream coming from his mouth quickly turned to a roar, to an ordinary patron he would seem to be in a deep pain, but to him it was pure pleasure. He felt his his concious mind slowly begin to fade as he felt himself drowning in extacy. His senses hightened and he could feel the power tearing through his mortal shell. Claws began to form where his fingernails once were, his snout grew and fangs began to tear through his gums. He looked like a bloody mess, as his muscles tore and his rib cage expanded the sounds of cracking bones echoed through out the streets. His eyes turned a crimson green as the transformation came to an end.

Lycan.jpg

He stood tall and proud, cracking his shoulders and neck as he took his stance. Staring straight ahead, he could see his prey, smell his prey and taste his prey. His eyes gleemed in the moonlight as he a roar emitted from his chest, continuing from his throat and echoing through-out the streets, he wanted a chase, a nice long chase, and he planned on giving the girl a head start.

Blake looked back her eyes widening in terror, "Oh dear lord," She breathed there was no way she was sticking around to find out what that thing wanted. Quickly gathering herself, she took off at a dash her boots sliding on the slick sidewalk as she darted around the corner. The only thing on her mind was to find a good hiding place and to say there for as long as she needed. This was far worse than the fire escape escapade far far worse.

Talea sat in total comfort, it was warm and she wasn't outside freezing her butt off. Though a gut feeling told her something was going to go terrible wrong. Without thinking she glanced behind her to see the young blonde headed girl walk out, and sure enough Brian made no attempt to hide his intentions as he burst from the table. Even that made her jump, "Another death indeed." She whispered through barely parted lips.
In her mind such a young life shouldn't be wasted by a monster, but it wasn't in her to stop him. She had her own sins to worry about, and enough blood on her hands to last a life time. Instead she simply sent a small prayer for the girl.

Even after that her nerves weren't calm. Where was the sarcastic poet as she liked to think of him to be. If she was going to be staying here she didn't want that man lurking about like a demon. Talea's left hand slipped from the table to tug at one of the glittering silver on the side of her corset. The throwing knives hidden by the cloth gave her comfort.

Talea let her gaze wonder around the room curiously, "What's next vampires and lycans..." She whispered under her breath, as her eyes finally found her target. Yes stay there. She thought inside her head, now in the middle of a snow storm this bar seemed to house more secrets than it lead on. She also knew first hand how to keep a deadly secret, but this seemed out of her league.

Todd got up from the shadowing chamber in the back of the room. Nobody seemed to be inclined to tend the bar anymore, since an enormous monster had just run through the room. Todd, on the other hand, was cheerfully whistling to himself. He ran a hand through his thick blonde hair, before going behind the bar to produce a bottle of rum. He looks at Talea, "Oi. Keep them knives to yerself." He said, pouring two glasses of rum. He motioned one of the full glasses to the girl, as if intending for her to take it, while he took a small sip of the other one. He drank the alcohol like it was no big deal, like it was water or juice. He smiles brightly, with his white teeth, "I suppose yer very confused. And yehl probably remain that way fer some time."

Todd shrugged his shoulders, and took another sip of the rum, "Let's just say, I made meself an investment that I do not regret." His sunglasses twinkle in the dim light of the bar, "Why not come up 'ere an 'ave a drink with me? I ain't gonna bite you. Unlike Brian out there. 'e's biting away." His smile fades into a grave line, "I 'ope 'e remembers the terms of our agreement and demolishes the corpse afterwards...." He stares into space a moment, but jolts out of it to give her another winning smile, "So, what do yeh say we 'ave a drink and talk about it?"

The chase was on, and Riushu knew it. Her scent filled the air around him, and he seemed to almost climax as he took it in. A deep chuckle resonated from his chest as he took his stance, and suddenly he seemed to explode. The snow where he stood had been blown in many different directions from the force that was behind his sprint, slowly he went to all fours and took to the side of a building, sitting there for a second, he let the woman go out of site. He wanted this, he hungered for this, and he needed this. After he could not see the woman anymore he took to the rooftops, listening closely for the sound of her footsteps. Within almost a split second he had her location pinpointed, and once again he shot off into the night. He easily caught up with her, and kept pace with her from the roof tops for a moment before he finally decided to descend into the street, leaping in front of her, he took a position on all fours. Saliva dripped from his fangs as he bared his teeth, and stood. His stature was monstorous, towering over her by almost 3 feet. A grin came across his face, so large that the corners of his mouth cracked as his fangs sliced the still immature skin from his rescent transformation. The blood that trickled into his gullet just made his rage even more fierce. He was about to feast, and he knew this, and it was goint to be magnifiscent.

Blake stopped for a brief moment panting, she could see it her life that is flashing before her eyes. Tears slowly descended down her cheeks, she actually laughed as she began to run again. She had always known her life would be short she didn't know how but she just had. She could sense the creature, whatever is was close by she knew she didn't have much time left. Hanging a left around the corner she headed for the only place she could think of the ancient church she didn't believe in the whole sanctuary nonsense it probably wouldn't even phase the beast, but at least she would die in the arms of the Lord or so she hoped. She had grown up as a member of a church her mother being a devout Catholic but she however had slowly lost the tradition of Mass and moved on to her own set of beliefs. Sending up a quick prayer for her soul, she sprinted for the church's steps.

Talea tilted her head as her lips pursed together. Deep in thought she was, but with a small sigh she tapped the knife further into her corset. "Confused is not my issue. And congratulations on your new puppy." She said sarcastically. Talea did not want to be rude, and besides he made a attempt to calm her. She lifted one hand to take the drink he offered, "Lead the way majeur." She managed to produce a bright smile on her face before slipping from her perch. "Tell me what kind of business man are you?" She couldn't stop the curious note that edged it's way into her voice.
Talea wanted to know if what she truly saw was a lycan, it had been over 5 years since she even heard of one. If this was real, then she hadn't even noticed it like she should have. Inside her mind she cursed herself, and she smiled faded from her inner thoughts.

Todd smiles brightly, taking another sip of his own rum. The alcohol didn't really have any effect of him, a slight buzz in the middle of his head that faded away after a moment. He couldn't get drunk or buzzed or anything of that sort, though some aspects of him could. Todd was confusing in that way, parts of him became something different than the whole. The man leaned against the counter, taking off his sunglasses to look her in the eyes. He could figure out bits and pieces of her. Not like Brian. He knew everything about Brian, ever since he had signed his life away on that contract only moments ago. Women were harder for Todd. He loved them, and they tended to love him as easily as they hated him, but it was difficult for him to understand them in the ways that he understood men. His smile, however, suggested otherwise. It was smooth, confident, almost coy.

"I'm very proud of the new pup. Once I get 'im house-trained, he'll be damn near perfect, " He shrugged, taking another sip of the room, " Wot kinda biz'ness man am I? I'm not really a biz'ness man at all, luv. I'm an enjamber. A poet, of a sort, if yeh wanna think of it like that." He blinks with those bright blue eyes that are clearly nothing close to innocent or emotive, "It's a pretty borin' job when it comes down to it. Nothin' to entertain a lovely lady like yerself."

Talea couldn't help but to lean forward. Her nose scant inches from his, "A poet you say? Boring not all especially when your voice drips sarcasm and mystery majeur." She forced her voice to sound envious of his line of work. Which was harder than she thought it would be, reluctantly she removed her self from his personal bubble. "I do hope your pet doesn't leave any evidence. He will be calling more people like me to the area. Lucky for you I'm not after dogs with a attitude." Her words dripped truth of the situation. She didn't want more of her clan in the area, that would put a damper on her plans.
Talea shook her head quickly trying to rid herself from the deep thoughts that kept crowding her thinking space. She needed to stay focused, and this man might have something that could lead her on the right trail. " I almost forgot to catch your name, may I ask what it is?" Talea tilted her head to the side and fluttered her lashes. She tried to be slightly flirtatious, hoping it would keep him at ease.

Todd smirked at her, "No sarcasm, luv. Every word I say is true and 'onest fact." he pours himself another drink of rum, and tops off her glass. He can't feel the buzz in his ears, all he can hear is heavy panting and breathing inside of his head. He's gotten used to it. Todd has been Todd for a long time now, and he was used to everything that came with that job description. He could tell, however, that this girl was trying to manipulate him - the master manipulator. It was sort of charmingly stupid. Then again, charmingly stupid seemed to sum up the majority of his clientele, Brian included. Todd leaned over the counter as well, until his nose brushed slightly against hers.

"If my pet leaves evidence, miss, 'e'll just be fuhf-fillin' wot was meant to 'appen in the long run," His warm breath blew across her face. it was surprisingly pleasant, with no evidence of alcohol or tobacco on it. He leaned back then, smirking after getting that close to her, like she had gotten to him. Todd folded his arms across his chest, "People like yeh, eh? I think I'm more interested in that then yeh are of meh." He takes a sip of rum, "Me names Todd. Master of Eupheisms, and Enjamber," he does a mock bow, "Yer wastin' yer acting, girl. I can tell yer not flirtin' with me, and yer not envious. Drop the act." He didn't say this with incrimination , just his slightly polite, cheery tone, as if amused by her efforts. Charmingly stupid.