That Guy

Brian's eyebrows perked at the mention of a job offer, he instantly looked over in Todd's direction, " I'd be more than happy to offer my services, umm. Just what kind of work do you and your associates do exactly? ", he was a bit curious, not in a way to make a decision, but just general curiosity. For he had a few inklings about the man himself, and this might help fill a few holes. His first impression was a bit akward. He could always sense hostility, curiosity, or any other types of advances from the people he had met in the past. But this man had several different scents about him, as if he were several people at once, and he couldn't lie to himself. It made him a bit un-easy. Taking the last swig from his lager, he looked back over towards Kam, who had been rather relaxed throughout the conversation. This also made him a bit un-easy. Perhaps there was more to this small quaint town then met the eye.

Thalia walked after Brian smiling "Umm Brian where did u live when u were younger"she looked at him waiting for the answer. Her emerald eyes twinkled in the light she was so young and she looked at the guy with the sunglasses and smiled.

Brian looked in Thalia's direction with a look of confusion. He himself hadn't even thought of his childhood for years, let alone had he ever been asked about it. He looked into her eyes, wondering just who she was. Was she familiar, he couldn't tell. But, she had true meanings in her words, it just wasn't simply conversation. Thinking back, he saw his memories slowly began drifting through out his mind. He had been born and raised in Heltenshire. The same town he was having a drink in at the moment. He was Irish in true blood, but his father being an american was the only reason he didn't bare there almost famous accents. But it resembled through his physique and body structure. He had lived a majority of his life in America, with his father's side of the family. There he was spoiled, always given everything he wanted. He lived most of his adolescence in this state of fancy, but soon it ended. His father was killed in a business deal that turned to an arguement, and then they shot his father 4 times in the chest. With the entire company falling on his shoulders he decided to run back to his home town.

" I was born here in this region. But as far as I know my family is dead. I havent heard from my mothers side of the family since I was a kid. I was raised by my father, in America. "

He told her this, but watched her closely for a reaction. He wanted to know who this girl was, he knew her name but thats never enough for his type of person. The work he had done, it had become a habit to learn everything about someone if you were going to get involved in there life. He was cautious, wanted to know if it was going him to danger him in anyway in the future.

Thalia stood there shocked she had gotten a letter in the mail for a dead guy that the claim to be her father she stood there shocked "Umm....I....Uhh". She stood in the a shock movement and fainted.

Brian was dumbstruck, the woman just simply dropped like a rag doll, he rushed over to her, picking her up and laying her down on the bench against the wall. He then just kinda stood there, still really confused about the whole situation. He looked over to the others, a look of distraught across his face, " Umm, should I get a glass of water or something? I have no idea what to do here... ", He then looked back down towards the girl. He had no idea what would cause such a reaction. It had to have done something with what he said, thats the only thing he could think of. He rushed over to the bar, looking back and forth for the woman who was behind the bar a few seconds ago, " Umm I need a glass of water? I think? ", Looking back and forth, he waited for the glass.

"Bloody snow," The curse which carried away on a puff of chill wind had come from what appeared to be a very cold young lady, having left the house in a hurry with nothing but her thin coat she was having a bit of trouble with the weather. It really was her fault being so stupid in her clothing choice but she'd never admit it, she was simply too proud. Now only a few blocks from her apartment she had never been so glad to see the tavern with its few odd patrons, blonde curls whipped around her face in the breeze collecting snow causing a frizzy wet mop of hair. Gritting her teeth as she pushed on through the snow she raised a gloved hand to shield her hazel eyes against the flurry. Finally reaching the door she reached a hand forward snapping it open, kicking the snow from her boots and shaking her head to rid it of at least some of the snow. Finally raising her head, Blake Barnett, found a larger group of people than she was accustomed to complete with what appeared to be either an inebriated or comatose female in the center of it all. "Well then." She muttered heading for the bar, to warm her bones with something sweet to drink.

Brian suddenly stopped, turned and stared towards the door, the scent that was accumulating around him was absolutely hypnotic. When the door rushed open the scent almost knocked him against the bar. He held his stance, staring at the woman who was kicking the snow off her boots, she seemed a bit under dressed for the weather, but that would probably explain why she rushed in so fast. As she closed the door, she looked over towards his small group at the back of the bar, and then she started walking towards the bar. Something about this woman just absolutely amazed him. He could not figure out why, and this bothered him alot. He had never been hit with such feelings. Confusion, curiosity, and some dwelling want that he had never felt before. He quelched his urge to approach her, and began walking back towards his table, peeking over his shoulder a couple times, he looked like a nervous school kid on his first day. When he reached his table he shifted his chair to face the bar, he wanted to know why he felt this ache in the pit of his stomach, why he felt the way he did. He perched his head upon his hand, and sat back a bit, putting himself in a more comfortable position as he sat and contemplated this situation.

Blake sighed, sinking down onto a bar stool, as the bartender slid a glass of Jack and coke across the bar to her. "Cheers," She said with a small smirk as she took a sip, grimacing at the taste as it slid down her throat. She turned slowly, crossing her legs as she eyed the bar noticing one of the newer shows had moved to a table facing the bar. Black took a sip of her drink, then hopped up walking towards the table placing her hand on the back of one of the empty chairs she quirked an eyebrow in question "This chair taken?" She asked with a small smile.

Brian honestly got a little nervous as the woman approached them. A few beads of sweat took upon his brow as he watched her. Suddenly he was pulled out of his little daze as he heard her voice, " No your more than welcome to join us here, " He said was a slight stutter. " And don't mind her, I have no idea why, but she fainted and just has yet to wake up.. " He looked over towards Thalia, then back to the girl. He watched as the girl took her seat, and set her glass upon the table. " Jack and coke, thats a pretty warm drink. Perfect for a night like this. ", He said this as he rose his hand to the bartender, he watched as she started towards the table.

" So I can't help but ask, is there a reason your dressed like you are on such a cold night? ", He said this with a bit of a smile, but ofcourse, underneath that smile a lake of emotions was trembling within him. It took all he could to hide it, but he thought he was doing a pretty good job so far. He was still dumbfounded as to why he was feeling the way he was.

She watched him closely as she raised her glass to her lips, her eyes twinkling mischievously as he smiled, "Hm fainted I thought she might have drank to much, as for my wardrobe I wasn't exactly prepared to jump out my bathroom window last night." Blake shrugged as she set her glass down, "You're new here aren't you?" She asked tilting her head to the side to study him.

Brian eyed her closely as she spoke, her words sounded as if they were bells in his ears. This feeling was absolutely drowning him, he could not stand it. He listened closely to every word she spoke, wondering if maybe there was some clue as to what was happening to him in her words. Unfortunately he could not find a single one, " Yes, im new around here. Well I am now, but when I was a child I ran these streets every days. " He said this with a bit of a chuckle as he let a few childhood memories clowd his mind for a moment, " But, Im pretty sure you said you jumped out of your bathroom window, is there a reason for this? " Curiosity definetely shown throug his voice in that statement, but then again, he meant it too. He then realized he still had no idea what this woman's name was, and he scolded himself a bit for slacking.

" But where are my manors, my names Brian.. " He said this as he extended his hand to the young woman.

Blake smiled grasping his hand gently in her own, which happened to be still gloved, "Blake nice to meet you Brian, as for me jumping out my bathroom window..." She grimaced at the memory, drawing her hand back. "I was being pursued if you will be some acquaintances, and the bathroom window leads right to the fire escape so it was the easiest way out. Unfortunately I was unable to find proper clothing before making my grand escape." She said shrugging, as she set back in her chair.

"Was this place much different when you were a boy?" She asked looking about the tavern, "Well obviously not this place, but the town I mean." She corrected herself with a small smile.

Brian's eyebrows perked as he took her hand. It was warm, and her glove was soft to the touch, showing a bit of class he thought. As for her reasoning of her current clothing issue though, his eyes got a bit bigger. Someone here, in this small town, chasing a young girl? The town seemed cozy enough, atleast when he was a child it was, but I guess everything changes over time. " The town here was actually beautiful when I was a child, this place was amazing if it was what I remember of it. But, it seems things have changed if theres people chasing woman around town. " He said this with a light chuckle, and then quickly silenced his laughter. The situation could be more serious than what she was letting on. He then checked around the table, the others were laughing and drinking merrily, and as he peered around them, he soon noticed that it seemed Thalia was sleeping, or just still unconscious. He turned back to Blake, showing a bit of a smile he continued on, " So may I ask, is there some way I could help you back to your house so maybe you could atleast get some clothes? " He said this with a hint of curiosity that he didn't mean to let out, he also wanted to know more about this woman's life, and why she interested him so.

Blake smiled, "Well aren't you a gentleman," She said with a wink, "I just live around the corner, but the towns just as cozy as you remember, I just bring bad luck wherever I go." She said with a roll of her eyes, draining the last of her drink. As she said the drink down pulling a few bills from her back pocket and setting them under it to pay for the drink. She stood slowly straightening out her coat, "You're more than welcome to come if you don't mind the cold, it's getting a little rough outside." She said with a shrug, as she turned to look at the door a look of paranoia crossing her face for a brief moment. Before turning to smile at Brian completely covering the look.

Todd yawned audibly. He fiddled with the sunglasses on his face, and lit up his cigarette with no particularly visible lighter. It was suddenly just lit. The mysterious man watched the poorly dressed woman from behind his sunglasses. He was finding himself already bored with these people. The agency was never boring - violent, strange, and sometimes uncomfortable, but never boring. Todd blew out a big cloud of blue-ish smoke. There was always hope though. Hope that these people would eventually become something more than simple flat imitations of people and actually possess personalities and depths.

He knew everything about their depths. He knew that with a wave of his hand or an unlocking of his tongue he could have them do exactly what he wanted to. As it stood, he ordered a rum with a wave of his hand and a quick, "Rum, please.' His smile remained emblazoned on his face, "My mate Cor is an Enjamber, like me. Bit more forceful than meself. 'e could get you a job, Brian-boy. Provided you could take it." He smirked to himself, waiting from his rum patiently. Patience was a big part of him, "So we 'ave several lovely ladies and two gents. What to do, what to do...." He murmured to himself.

Brian smiled as he stood with the woman, he grabbed his coat and pulled it over his shoulders. As he was putting his arm through the sleeve he heard Todd's voice. " Todd, the life i've had so far is pretty boring, uneventful and lonely. Your line of work seems to be the perfect thing for me. You'd be more than happy to join the two of us, perhaps if there was some trouble you can see with your own eyes my experience. " He said this with a small perk, his abilities hadn't been called upon in years. His simply physical abilities had helped him plenty through-out the years. His smirk dissapeared as he spotted Blake's unconcerned smile, why would this woman be at so much ease if she was just chased out of her home. He shrugged at the idea, turned back towards Todd and awaited his response.

Blake paused, looking back at the two men as she waited near the door. Pulling her arms around herself she rocked back on her heels leaning to look out the window slowly as she squinted her eyes attempting to peer through the snow. With a sigh she turned back leaning against the wall, propping a foot up against the wall looking down to examine her polished nails. Before reaching a hand up to smooth her blonde curls, eyes flicking about the tavern taking in all her surroundings making sure that no one was showing any suspicious signs of agitation or other odd behaviors.

Brian watched her closely, her movements, facial features, everything. It drove him crazy that he didn't know more about this woman, and that scent. Drove him absolutely insane. It clowded his abilities, his thoughts, hell everything about him was clowded over at the moment. He watched as she rocked soflty back and forth on her heels, checking outside, then peering around at the patrons. She wasn't simply waiting, she was checking eveyone. She was tense, he could tell through the scent that waved around his nostrils. He wondered to himself if he'd ever get rid of this scent, he honestly didn't mind if it ever went away. It kept him at peace for some reason, something about it relaxed the beast that slept within him. But still, he couldn't stand the fact that she was showing nothing of who she truly was, it was hidden behind that scent, and it was hidden very well. He sighed, rolled his shoulders a bit, trying to relaxe his back and shoulders. He too was tense, and for some reason he couldn't figure out why.

Blake looked up and caught Brian staring, she gave a small smile. She knew she was clouding peoples view of her, but that was what she always did couldn't have them getting to close. It would put everyone in danger, turning toward the window she pressed her gloved hand against the frosted pane slowly drawing her name in the fog that had gathered there from her breath. As she let out a deep sigh, before slowly walking back towards the table to wait for the other mans response. She also wanted to get a better look at him.

Todd looked right back at Blake with those black sunglasses that didn't show any particular emotions. He grinned, "Are yeh gonna stand there ooglign me all day or do yeh actually 'ave somethin' to say? Spit it out, gerl." He was pleased to be released from his need to charm and be oily. He was on vacation from the agency. It was nice not to have to do his job, but his thoughts did keep returning to work. He looked back at Blake, grin widening until it seemed his smile was too big for his face. Todd knew that scent was driving Brian mad. He knew everything about Brian, now that he knew about that inner monster, the beast of lust, violence, and hunger for absolutely everything. Todd smirked, satisfied, and leaned back in his chair.

"Now that I think 'bout it, Bri-Bri, yer better suited for my instruction, rather than Cor's." he looks at Brian, "Yer violent, yes, but not like Cor's violence." He smirks, "I think yer more my kinda man." He ran a hand through his thick blonde hair, "Then again, she's also my kinda lady." He thinks to himself, Whoring herself about.