That Guy

Brian's eyes perked as he looked back towards Todd. For some reason he seemed a bit to comfortable with Brian's acceptance. It un-nerved him deeply, there was something about Todd that seemed Sinister, but it wasn't for his own gain. Maybe this work he was talking about was emotionally fulfilling, but physically it seemed he was willing to kill. Brian was just the same, never blinked an eye before taking a life. But then again, he had been known to kill just to fulfill a selfish need to see his victims insides before he began a feast. But what was he talking about when it came to Blake, what alternate motive was behind those words. Brian suddenly came to the realization that just maybe, there was alot more about this town then came to eye.

" So what exactly do you have in mind Todd, as you can see the current task is getting this lovely young lady some proper clothing. Perhaps you'd continue this conversation on the way to her home? ", He said this with a bit of doubt, wondering if it would be safe to take him along. By the sounds of it, if something were to attack them on the way. The combined strength of Brian and this mans unknown abilities might cause a bit or alot of chaos.

"I have nothing to say to your kind, sir." She spit with a hiss, as she glared at the man. His easy going manner and disgusting language made her uneasy she wanted nothing more than to run the other direction. She was figiting uncomfortably, as she rocked back and forth on her heels again a nervous habit. She hated his type.

Thalia soon woke up on a chair and rushed over to Brian "Brian"she cried Out. "I'm your sister...take was tooken away a long time ago"tears ran down her cheeks, tears of joy that she finally found someone in her family. She smiled happily and look at Brian for his reaction to her statement that she had said.

Brian was shocked when out of no where Thalia was suddenly clamped around his arm. Her words shocked him as he looked down into her teary eyes.
" Well the only thing I can say is, you would be the only one with any recollection of your family, so I don't really see a reason to doubt you... " He didn't know what else to say. This woman was balling her eyes out, his shirt sleeve was actually a little damp from her sobbing, he didn't notice it, or let alone mind it.

" Not that I doubt your reasoning, but can I ask what kind of proof you have for this claim? I mean I don't want to be a dick, but I don't remember my family at all, atleast my Irish side... " He said this with a bit of a cringe, he knew he sounded a bit mean, but he needed to know where this woman got this information. In his certain line of work, loved ones were always targets, and the last thing he wanted was for his only living relative to be killed out of hate against him. He reached across the table next to them and grabbed a couple napkins.

" Here dry your face and lets hear your story.. " He handed her the napkins as he said this then looked over towards Blake, " Would you mind waiting a few minutes? I think I need to hear her out. " His words were softer now, with more meaning. He really wanted to help Blake, but this womans words hit him hard.

Blake grimaced she hated overly emotional people, even if the situation was understandable. "I can just walk home alone, if it's easier, you two obviously have a lot to work out." She said stuffing her gloved hands in her pockets.

Brian quickly looked back towards Blake, " No don't trouble yourself please, I'll take you if it comes down to it, the people that chased you could still be looking for you, and I would feel horrible if somethin happened after I let you go alone, don't ask just a personal thing.. " He said as he watched the woman, he couldn't forget the impression he put upon him. He wasn't going to let her leave that easily, he looked back down towards Thalia, " Why dont you stay here while I walk her home, here, get something to eat and a drink to help you calm down. It will give you time to get a bit more level headed so it will be easier to talk.. " He reached his hand towards her, clutching a 20 dollar bill in his hand.

" I just wanna make sure she gets home safe, I'll meet you back here as soon as i'm done, okay? " He said this as quickly as he could, he didn't want Blake to suddenly decide to leave.

Thalia wiped her tears with the napkins and spoked"I was 5years old when our mom and dad split up and I went with mom and we moved to Ireland then they took me away to a orphanage when mom had the twins Taylor and Tommy, she tried to get me back but it wouldn't't work so I stayed with this family called The Thomas Family and the took me as there own we I turned 7... They kept me intil I was 18 then I moved to flordia and got a letter a couple of week saying the biological father had died so I had that's why u came he to relive where I was born and had a real family 21 and all".

She finished crying and went to the bar to get something to drink "Can I have a scotch on the rocks and keep it coming"

Brian listened closely to every word she said, it was true everything. He knew who his family was, he had looked them up years ago out of curiosity. She had named them off as if she was reading a list, the whole family. There wasn't many of us, but she had spoke of them all. He was a bit dumb founded still about the whole situation but sighed in relief as she turned for the bar. He was glad that she was done, he needed a bit of time to take it all in, he didn't know if he could take her tale anymore at this time, it was a little hard for him to accept, but he had to all the same. He then suddenly remembered Blake and turned to her, " Well I think thats that. I'll have to deal with it when we get back, " He then turned to Todd, " So, are you still going to join us? "

Talea pulled at her toboggan as she walked. Trying to make the material cover the very tips of ears, they were beginning to go numb. The cold and wind clearly freezing her to the bone. Its been awhile since she had seen snow. It was breathing taking to see through her emerald green eyes. "I'm so out of my element." She whispered between chattering teeth. Her pace had quickened trying to find anything open that could provide any type of heat.
She was almost walking to quickly before coming to a screeching halt at the bars entrance. One brow raising curiously at the door. Lifting one gloved hand she reached out to pull open the door, and hurried inside. Shutting the door quickly behind her, not exactly facing the crowd. She was unsure how many would be hiding within the building. With a tilt of her head she glanced over her shoulder. Those large eyes scanning each face quickly before shying away if their gaze may have met hers.
She tried not to draw attention to herself, but she was sure that would be more difficult. The wind had disheveled her clothes, and the lower half of her blue jeans were wet from the snow. Her body still shivered despite the warm interior. However, she was unsure if it was the cold or the awkward feeling of new people that caused it.
Trying not to think to hard on it she quickly hurried over to the bar to take a seat. One hand raised to rub at her aching temple, and to hide the darting of her eyes. Each glance falling onto the group in the back. Curiosity was always in her nature, but it was becoming difficult not to stare.

Brian was still waiting for Todd when the woman suddenly came rushing in the bar, it made him jump a bit. After hearing about Blake's current problem, he thought it might have been the people who attacked her in her house, but suddenly realized it was just a cold woman looking for some heat, she was nearly soaked to the bone by the look of it. He caught her eyes once and then turned his gaze back towards Todd. Sighing softly, he noticed his half empty glass of dark lager, he quickly grabbed it from the table and finished it off, he had a feeling he was going to need it the way this night was going.

Todd laughed loudly at the girl's claim. The man actually had to take off his sunglasses, to dry his tears from the hilarity of the situation. He grinned broadly at her and then at Brian, 'Oh god 'elp me. 'e wouldnt know what to make of this though." The man glances around the table with his watery blue eyes, unable to take the smile from his face. It was hilarious, truly that she could make a comment like that completely out of the blue. He put his sunglasses back on, ribcage still heaving from his laughter under his shirt.

He looked at Brian from behind his sunglasses, "Oh, just ignore 'er. It's obviously just a cry for attention." He peered at the girl, blowing a cloud of blue smoke into her face, "It's all just a desperate attempt tah seem interestin'. And it ain't workin', cause I can see right thru it." he smirks, and laughs to himself again, "This girl ain't nothing more than a crying wench lookin' for somethin' more than wot she is." He shrugs, "'Course, I've seen alot of women in my time," he hunches over, still waiting for his drink.

Talea slide her hand from her temple to grip at her toboggan, tugging at the fabric she removed it from her head. Before turning back to look at the group. The swing of her head made locks of her red hair to fall into her face. A small pout pulled at her full lips, how was she suppose to be nosy with hair in her face. "I'm going to cut my hair off if this keeps up." She whispered before noting the man's odd behavior. He seemed to be having more of a bad day than she.
A small giggle escaped her lips at the thought, "Pfft." She turned back towards the bar wondering what to order. A drink sounded wonderful under the circumstances. She was young by many standards, and alone in a bar. Why not drink the cold away? She raised one hand to get the barkeep's attention, "I want a shot of crown." She said, her voice soft and feminine.
She didn't have to wait long before the drink was before her. A white smile pulled at her lips, "Fire in a glass." She spoke more to herself than anyone else. She reached out to lift the glass to her lips. Gulping the liquid quickly before squinting her face. The look would of remind anyone of someone sucking on a lemon.

Brian was a bit confused by his laughter, he did think that her comment was a little suprising. Todd hadn't said more than a couple words to Blake, and then she suddenly burst out at him. He looked back towards blake, a questioning look in his eyes. " So may I ask, why exactly you feel that way, do you even know what kind of 'man' Todd is? ", He didnt mean to sound scolding, but he did want to know her reasoning, for Bran was probably just the same if not worse than him. " So does that mean that you hate my kind too? Because i'm pretty sure we cover the same line of work here.. " He was a bit more than curious now, because it was true. From the looks of things, him and Todd had alot in common when it came to employment.

He looked back towards Todd then to Blake, " Lets see here, I think we should stay for a bit, atleast wait until the storm wears out.. " Brian said this as he pointed out the window, where even the cobblestone pathway couldn't be seen through the gusts of wind and sea of snow. " Lets wait for a while, if anything i'll buy you a room here so you can go home tomorrow during the day and whenever the snow had passed. ", as he said this he pulled a chair for Blake to join them.

Todd blinks and looks around the room, what used to be a permenant grin fading, "Good lord, We certainly don't cover the same line of work." He ran a hand through his blonde hair, "I'm an enjamber and yer a petty murderer. Maybe a rapist, but I suppose I would know if that was your particular inclination," He shrugs his shoulders, "As for what sort of man I am, I'm an enjamber. Thas wot defines me and I'm not anythin' more or less than that." He looks back at Thalia, "Much like this girl who ain't more than an attention seeking brat." He laughs slightly as he says that.

He then looks at Blake, "As fer her, I suspect you'll learn more about her than I will." He blows out another cloud of blue smokes, "Buying her a room? By god, mate, yeh work fast." He inspects his finger-nails briefly, and then shrugs again, 'I suppose I'm not one to talk, though." he smirks, leaning back in his chair, "Good god, there's a lot ah women in this bar, ain't there?' He says, gesturing with his head to Talea.

Brian was actually a bit ruffled by his comment, a petty murderer? Since when had asssassination turned to petty murder? He prided himself a bit, not much, but enough to know he was a high dollar killer. He had taken out a few pretty famous politicians in his day, and was proud of that fact as well. People came to him when they wanted to get a message through, he was proud to be the pen they used for that message. " Umm, I wouldn't say petty murderer, I have a little more skill than that.. " He then looked back to Blake, " And no I won't be visiting that room, just to let you know... " Looking back towards Todd, he asked him to join him at a different table.. " I'd like to have a word with you in private.... " A low toned growl actually emitted from his chest as he took the lead to the other side of the room.

Blake scowled, "I said nothing about you, and I'm perfectly capable of buying myself a room thank you." She huffed dropping into seat with a glare at Todd, "I just don't like him, he gives me the crawlies." She muttered with a glare at the man as she rubbed her arm, inching her chair away from the group by half a milimeter.

She would leave as soon as the storm passed, alone she decided turning her head to look out the window disgusted with the whole situation she had been far to naive. Blake slowly turned bringing her knees up to her chest arms still crossed as she kept a wary eye on the whole bar her lips turned into a scowl.

Todd grinned up at Blake and nodded, "'Appens all the time, I assure you. I'm not exactly at mah most... Charismatic, so to speak." He extinguished his cigarette in the palm of his hand, before tapping on the table with his fingertips, drumming it slightly. He nods his head towards Brian, "And 'ere you are, mentionin' that you're a killer. That's not somethin' that "assassins" do." He makes the quotation marks with his hands, not so much mocking him, but mocking the word itself. He had nothing against murder, not really, in fact they knew each other on a rather more personal level than this bloke was ever likely to understand... But he couldn't say he had anything but mild amusement when it came to people who pretended to be so deep but were nothing more than small sociopaths.

"I'll take yer word in private, Brian, though I don't think It'll be doin' yeh much good."

Talea twirled the empty shot glass between her fingers in agitation. The snow storm was getting more fierce, and she was going to be stuck in this building with a sarcastic poet and a murderer of all people. However, she managed to keep the look of fear off her face. He didn't know her, so she was practically invisible inside her mind.
Though what did intrigued her was the man not known as Todd seemed annoyed. Why should a vicious serial killer be ashamed of his past aggressions. So what he stabbed a few people, and the other dripped sarcasm from every pore it seemed. Amusing pair none the less, before she could stop herself she was laughing at her own thoughts.
The laughter quickly stopped and both brows shot up at the growl in the man's voice, "Oh my someone is in trouble." She said with amused smirk. Her voice was a bit louder than she intended it to be. She leaned forward trying to catch the bartenders attention, "I'll need a room for the night." She tried to seem as if she were making conversation with the tender this whole time.

Brian turned as they reached the farther side of the room, " Listen, if i'm going to be working for or with you, I really wouldn't mind the jokes, but I'm not proud of the things I do, its my nature, I have to do these things. As you probably already know what I am, then you would understand that, so why not make it into a profession and make a little money off of it. But the only thing that agravates me is when you start judging someone when it wasn't needed in the first place, I wouldn't put myself on a 1-10 scale when it comes to doing what I do, but I would simply wait and see the work I do before you go making judgements.... " Brian didn't care who heard his words, it was past that now.He sighed a bit as he let the rest of his frustration go with the breathe. " Now back to a more business topic, you were speaking of work? " Now the anger in his voice had totally vanished, the only thing on his mind now was money, and the fact that his hunger was beginning to naw at the back of his mind.

Todd smirked, "Oh yeh poor sot. Yer so very confused. We had another werewolf with the agency once. Name was Talbot. 'e was Cor's, that strange pale fellow. Never a very stable man, though I suppose that's to be expected of yer kind. He was very good at what he did, but eventually we 'ad to let 'im go in that way we do." He tapped his fingers together, "Yeh see, ye poor deluded boy, we don't do things fer pay. We do it for the fun of it. We do it because of who we are." Todd peers at him, behind his sunglasses, and raises an eyebrow.

"Yeh think I care about yer opinion? I judge freely because that's the kind o' person I am. I have been around a good deal longer than you or any of these women who all squabble fer yer attention." He pulls out another black cigarette, which rests unlit in his mouth, "I suppose that's cause yer the dakr a stoic hero type. Meyybe striving to be an anti-hero, God forbid." He laughs lightly, "I think you'll find yerself wrapped around one of those women, tellin her not to tell. And she won't, cause o' yer brute force alone."

He smiles then, "There. Now can yeh guess who I really am? Or are yeh still ignorant of that?"