• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Pick a side.

• Empire.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Rebellion.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Wait, this isn't Star Wars!

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
@Villains would you be ok with having two Taasi characters? Or would you prefer everyone be a different race. I had a concept in mind but I can easily change that

We've already got at least two auron and two Ku'rhom so duplicates are more than fine.

Reactions: Villains
I think there may already be two Taasi actually. 'Who'da thunk' that a bunch of slavers would be so popular... I'd offer up my spot but I did kind of weave the Taasi Slaver angle into a part of my character's backstory and personality.

My character: waving a flag labeled "human and proud" from the confines of their room

p.s. "Slavery is bad."

p.p.s "but owning slaves doesn't make you bad people . . . I think. . . ."

Oh, yeah. Don't worry about being a race someone else is playing. The Compendium is there to provide options, but regardless of all the races listed, there's no /need/ to have one of each.

Reactions: Kuno
And don't forget, you can come up with your own species/critter/creation.

Better to be glared than worked on with unsterilized equipment. Or have a naughty nurse stick her fingers in some bullet holes. Whichever works. >:3

Granted so long as he doesn't try and chastise Lara for the Taasi culture and outlook regarding slavery it ought to be just fine and dandy. But if he does she may just have to defend her honour.

Can I claim Xenobiologist please?

Better to be glared than worked on with unsterilized equipment. Or have a naughty nurse stick her fingers in some bullet holes. Whichever works. >:3

Granted so long as he doesn't try and chastise Lara for the Taasi culture and outlook regarding slavery it ought to be just fine and dandy. But if he does she may just have to defend her honour.

He doesn't have the personality for direct confrontation like that. Also has a low pain threshold.

He doesn't have the personality for direct confrontation like that. Also has a low pain threshold.

Tavi would restrict herself to sarcastic comments and the odd glare.

While delivering excellent medical care.

Somedays it's hard to be human ^^

@Die$el
@RiddL

I got you both* slotted in. c:
Looking forward to profiles.

@Villains thanks!

I'm writing up my profile and I'm going the route of a former NGR gate expert who's been relieved and blacklisted by his former government over petty departmental squabbles. What's the NGR like as a government? Autocratic, democratic?

Reactions: Custodiet Teh
@Die$el
Alright, in the nerdiest way possible, I'll explain the factions at large.

The Free Galactic Alliance [FGA] is sort of run like a mix of the Klingons/Romulans from Star Trek with a dash of the Empire from Star Wars.

This quote fits the FGA really well:
"In keeping with their xenophobic and arguably racist attitudes, the Romulans [But in this case, FGA races] tend to conquer species rather than form alliances with them, and individual [...]s tend to treat other species with varying degrees of disdain."

The New Galactic Republic [NGR] is run like the Federation from Star Trek with some elements from Dune's Imperium system. IE: The use of dedicated guilds for certain occupations, the divvying of territories and fiefdoms based on the contribution as well as favoritism, etc.

The Galactic Trading Guild [GTG] is one of the established guilds under the NGR's decision to create guilds - but it is so large and so independent, it's easily considered a separate entity from both NGR and FGA and exists in a sort of pseudo-neutral status.