Interest Counter.

• Interested.

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • Not Interested.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Villains

My dear sweet nothing, let's start anew.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Evenings.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Dark Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Far Future Deep Space Science Fiction, Cyberpunk, Historical Horror, Alternate History Horror, Greek Mythology, Post-Apocalyptic, and so forth. I really think I can play in any setting if the plot and the cast are interesting to me.
dKJHeNE.png

I N F O

Hey. I'm starting another big RP project and I'm looking for members. This will be a long-term roleplay with slow posting, intended to be as thorough and in-depth as players can provide. Quality over quantity, with plotting and universe building expected. Players can make their own races if the ones provided aren't interesting to the player, but galactic power players have already been defined.

Players are free to make multiple characters, but please keep the roles necessary to the spacecraft in mind. If we have too many or too few of something, I'll chime in with suggestions. Like in my other RPs, I try and give the players as much wiggle room as I can. That said, this roleplay is important to me, so I won't be as lenient as I usually am when accepting members. I want to know that the player joining understands the commitment I'm asking of them, as well as the expectations I have for their writing. I won't ask for a novel from you, but I do expect with the amount of time you're given to post, you put together a well thought out post that adds to the scene.

Anyway, I won't get too into this until there is a show of interest.

Genre: Science Fiction, Far future sci-fi, Drama, Action, Fantasy
Key features: Space travel, space colonization, a massive galaxy with tons of aliens, plenty of room for all variety of character, plenty of time to develop and grow your character within the universe, plenty of room for main plot and subplots and branching plot angles, a posting order, and an established discord server to use for discussion and plotting.
Requirements: Long-term commitment, patience, a healthy imagination, Redstar roleplayer (18+).
Writing Level: Advanced (or better).
Post Speed: Slow as Molasses.

Please feel free to post in the thread. I'm also open to answering PMs. No need to be shy.

P L O T

Long has there been conflicts between neighboring civilizations, and though the reasons have differed, the ultimate goal remained the same.

Power.

With control of the galaxy comes control of those within galactic reach, counting more than 100,000 sentient races and their respective resources. Humanity has imagined holding such power since their earliest dreams of traversing the depths of outer space, but these dreams have only been considered a potential reality since prioritization of space travel and satellite colonization. Mars, Europa, and the space station Euphrates are considered some of humanity's greatest accomplishments concerning galactic expansion, but not all of the feats achieved by humanity are viewed kindly by bordering empires. The farther humanity pushes their boundaries, the more enemies they amass.

Eons ago, a system of gates was constructed to traverse the known universe. The ancients considered their existence to be vital in the effort to unite the greater galactic powers, but something went terribly wrong, and the technology was lost. Only recently have the some of the gates been discovered, and though there are races actively trying to study the relics, other races care only for the promise of the unexplained powers the gates possess. It is said that the gates were not only pathways through the cosmos, but beacons harnessing spacial energy comparable to thousands of suns. In the wrong hands, a race could potentially reshape the very galaxy they occupy.

The two biggest players in this galactic struggle are the Free Galactic Alliance [FGA] and the New Galactic Republic [NGR]. The FGA, led by the Orsen, declared war on the NGR and Humanity after disagreements over the finding and potential use of the gates turned ugly. Humanity, leading the NGR, has stated publically that they wish to use the gates for their intended purpose - unification of the galaxy. The FGA, less publically, has shown interest in the gates and spy reports indicate they are exploring technology to locate the remaining gates. The war between the NGR and the FGA rages onward despite heavy losses on both sides. The gates are the only hope of ending the conflict, but finding them is easier said than done.

A third party in the Gates war is the Galactic Traders Guild [GTG], independently owned and operated by the races that were once part of the United Galactic Embassy. The Spacestation Euphrates is their home, and their purpose is to continue trade through the galaxy regardless who is fighting who. In this, they've taken an active part in the discovery of the gates because of the efficiency such ancient means of travel would offer their enterprise. Many would consider the GTG a small player in a large conflict, but they possess something no one else in the galaxy does.

They have a key.

Armed to explore, the key is entrusted to a small crew hired by the GTG with a clear mission in mind. Seek the gates at any costs. If the FGA or the NGR win the war, the freedom of the galaxy is at stake, leaving an inevitable power vacuum in the wake of the proclaimed "victor". The GTG consulted with Psions and Spellshapers and Scryers, but the future reads the same way in most alternate timelines - a grim, chaotic cataclysm that would set back thousands of races by millions of years if it doesn't wipe them out completely. The key is the only means to truly understand the ancient power of the gates, and with only one left in known existence now in transit, it mustn't fall into the wrong hands.

T I M E L I N E

2040 - Robotics is the fastest growing science of all time as lifelike robots are created en masse for consumers, filling pockets in the world's workforce as well as allowing the population to change their primary focus from climate change and control to space exploration.

2048 - Fully cybernetic framework is constructed for first ever brain transplant into an artificial body.
2054 - The law stating that only individuals in need of cybernetic augments are allowed to receive them is repealed. The Humanity Law is written, stating that as long as a brain is functioning in the operation of the machine, the citizen is considered human.

2063 - First successful human mission to Mars.
2091 - The Mars colonization and terraforming initiative are announced.
2094 - Colonization of the Echo basin on Mars begins.
2103 - Colonization of the Oscar ravine on Mars begins.
2115 - Mars terraforming project begins.

2109 - The Europa probe reaches Jupiter.
2153 - The Europa III crew reports signs of primitive life. The Pouchek (named for the lead science officer on the expedition) is discovered.
2197 - Harper military outpost is founded in Europa, near the Corrigan continental shelf.
2249 - First contact with Tau Ceti planetary cluster.
2256 - Aquuada-Human alliance formed.
2283 - Aquuada-Human alliance renounced. Paxton-Dansfield war begins.
2290 - Truce declared between Aquuada and humanity.

2320 - First contact with Sirius planetary cluster. Zydrosi peace party first to discuss alien involvement in human evolution.
2328 - United Galactic Embassy formed. Locations are built on Europa, Earth, Mars, the Zydrosi satellite world of Tii Phie, and the Aquuada homeworld of Riskan.
2333 - The Galactic trade route is established and open to any space crafts licensed and capable of travel in deep space.

2411 - An expedition to the Vega solar system is lost. Later, a hostile message is received from Orsen attackers.
2418 - Human/Orsen war, later called the Baldwin Galactic Standoff, ends in a shaky truce.
2446 - Galactic Space Port, The Euphrates, is open to the residents of the Milky Way galaxy. Taasi, Auroun, and Naki make formal introductions to the United Galactic Embassy. Locations are built on the Taasi homeworld of Leuck, the Auroun satellite world of Cariot'lo, and the Naki homeworld of Tallist-3c.
2473 - Orsen Warchief agrees to join United Galactic Embassy. A small embassy is built on Trejoro Alpha, neutral planet closest to the Orsen homeworld, Shersurhai.

2508 - United Galactic Embassy consists of Humans, Aquuada, Zydrosi, Taasi, Auroun, Naki, Orsen, and Ku'rhom, as well as smaller races such as the Quai, the Foa, and the Crrrrrekssschesssteeeek (known commonly as the Avians).

2577 - Martian foreign affairs secretary is assassinated; terrorist group Gura Dea claims responsibility.
2577 - Accusations against the Orsen's official war council leads to the Orsen planetary alliance leaving the United Galactic Embassy to form the Free Galactic Alliance [FGA], taking with them the Foa, the Naki, the Avians, and the Taasi. Humanity retaliates with the creation of the New Galactic Republic [NGR], including the Quai and the Zydrosi.

2578 - The Auroun separate themselves from the struggles of the galaxy, hiding on their homeworld of Ixxin'lo.
2579 - The Zydrosi discover relics on their homeworld of Aio Nii Sica. Relics provide coordinates to the Arcturus solar system, with mention to a series of gates.
2588 - Aha Rah, the Red Hand, steals the relics from the compound they were being studied in. The Zydrosi thief claims there is nothing but danger to be found with the discovery of the gates. Before he can be caught, Aha Rah is found dead on Trejoro Alpha. The relics were never recovered.
2604 - A human crew on Mars discovers an ancient structure similar in design to the relics lost by the Zydrosi.
2687 - An Avian monarch destroys a structure on Herata IV designed like the one previously found on Mars, stating he would sooner die than see the return of the darkness. He is later forced to resign due to the civil outrage he caused among his fiefdoms.
2706 - The NGR demands that the FGA release their information on the gateways when news of a discovery on Trejoro Alpha reaches the republic. The Alliance denies any such discovery, but closes off access to Trejoro Alpha to all non-Orsen galactic citizens.
2708 - The Gate Conflict begins, shortening the Galactic Trade Route in a manner to cut off members of the FGA. The Galactic Trade Guild [GTG] discovers the "key" to the gates.
2730 - The GTG puts together a crew to seek out known gate locations, entrusting the "key" to the small vessel and her crew.

R O L E S

I don't mind players having more than one character, but the primary roles do need to be filled first. Characters beyond the ship crew will need to be discussed. I love the idea of enemies to the operation, so lets plot about that as we work out the logistics of the RP.

Captain/Team Leader
Second-in-command/Navigator/pilot
Communications expert/linguist
Medic/Doctor
Nurse/general assistant
Engineer
Weapons expert/gunner
Soldier/Hired Muscle
Scholar/Scientist

L I N K S

Telluric Race Compendium
Discord
Telluric pt. I

Last edited:
I'm for anything sci-fi, especially a group rp focused purely on that fact with such an open story and world to explore. I'll admit, you had me at the races based off water creatures in space.

Great plot idea, great job on the concept overall.

I'll be watching this rp. Hopefully, with more interest from others, I'm in on this.

Thanks for bringing more sci-fi on Iwaku. Since I'm back from a long break, I would love for this to be the first group I enroll in as a player.

Reactions: Villains
I'm for anything sci-fi, especially a group rp focused purely on that fact with such an open story and world to explore. I'll admit, you had me at the races based off water creatures in space.

Great plot idea, great job on the concept overall.

I'll be watching this rp. Hopefully, with more interest from others, I'm in on this.

Thanks for bringing more sci-fi on Iwaku. Since I'm back from a long break, I would love for this to be the first group I enroll in as a player.

Very high praise. Thank you. c:
It's been a few years since I've run a space-based RP, but lately, I've really had the urge to kick off a new sci-fi project. I figure I'll finish the Compendium within the next few weeks while looking out for interested RPers. With any luck, this isn't a flop with Iwaku. c':

• Love
Reactions: MUSΞ
This is looking to be a real fun space adventure!

I'm definitely interested, and will watch the threads as they develop looking forward to signup date.

Let me know if I can assist at all.

Current leaning towards a medical app (doctor or nurse), depending on, oh, half a dozen things.

Aww hell yeah! This sort of shit is my jam. A small crew in a confined space with nothing but the void of space for lightyears away. I love this sort of shit. Sign me up for the "Space Navy"!
Or space merchants guild i guess... Either way, I'm hyped as hell for this.

Heyo, I'd happily join this if you'd have me~

I'm not looking for anything specific genre-wise, but the roles you have are quite intriguing~

Quite interested to be honest.
Despite that I will admit that sci-fi isn't a genre I usually dabble in, but its nice to step out of the box every now, and then. Now to sift through the vault to see what beasties I have that physically align with some of those species/races you've developed

Great. I'm glad we're generating some interest (even if half the interest is obligated).
Hopefully this weekend, I'll get together another couple of races for the compendium.
Otherwise, people can think on what sort of character they would be interested in playing.
Role, race, etc. I've been thinking about that for a couple days, tbh.

I can't wait to read more about your different races. I'm reasonably sure of the character I'd like to play and that she wouldn't be human; the rest is likely to depend on the racial backgrounds, although I am mostly considering the races aligned with the FGA.

Going through your first post again, I wondered if we should all (or anyone who wants to) create a protagonist and antagonist each. The protagonists would go straight into the crew (if they're approved and pass Villains' QC) while the antagonists are designed as a threat for the crew as a whole to overcome. Obviously they wouldn't be played at the same time, and Villains could either draw on the combined brains trust of eeeevil for a wider variety of threats or give the nod to the players to introduce them at an appropriate moment.

Or not :3

You're on the right track, yes. I'd love to see main crew and opposed parties played. Not necessarily a mandatory thing, but if we get members capable of playing multiple characters in the long term, that would be excellent.

Are you thinking playing multiple plot lines at once, or only covering the opposition when they're "on camera", so to speak?

I could cover two opposed characters, though it's the difference between a ship's-crew and Galaxy-scale roleplay?

@Anguissette

I think it will depend on how many characters are part of the opposition. It's plausible for NGR/FGA forces to catch wind of the key, which would lead to potential spy/tracking opportunities. Planted moles or double agents, etc.

If we have more than a few people interested in playing opposition, it would make sense to cover NGR/FGA forces from the military standpoint. At the very least, characters would report to the higher-ups of NGR/FGA if that's who they're aligned with.

Reactions: Anguissette
Playing both sides of the conflict sounds awesome, though I do wonder how it would play it to have spys within the crew without metagaming getting in the way.

Could we keep it hush hush? I'm not sure yet. It's something to think about.

Avians are finished in the compendium. c:

• Thank You
Reactions: Anguissette
Could we keep it hush hush? I'm not sure yet. It's something to think about.

Avians are finished in the compendium. c:
Yay~ I'll fill any role that isn't already filled by the time the sheet comes around! And if there are multiple spots open, then I'll make sure to declare what I'm taking around that time~

Cyborgs are up, too.

I gotta be honest, I didn't even look at the races. I just saw, space, sci fi, crew, ship and that was enough for me. xD
On the topic of doibleing for antagonists I'll probably pass unless everyone else does it (peer pressure D:). Unless I get an unexpected flash of inspiration but let's not count on that :P

I've firmed up on my concepts - I have one for Doctor and for Nurse/GA, but don't particularly want to play both of them.

Anyone interested in a medical role (either) and want to work on our concepts so we've worked together before?