Tavern in the woods

Axel sat up and rummaged through the box and took out a spindle of thread and a needle. He wasted no time in threading it. All the while, his hair rose from behind and came forward, the blades coming together like a makeshift mirror. He peered into it and began to work. It wasn't useful to try to keep it under wraps, his hair. It was already out and Fang knew of the experiment. Best to get used to using it around people -- or wolves as the case may be.

"Oh," he paused, realizing he was still leaning over the bar. "You don't mind, do you? I'll clean it up when I'm done."

Fang watches Axel's hair as it did that strange thing again. It make him a little nervous but being in Axels shoes, he must be nervous being around a wolf. 

"Just clean up whatever mess you make, if ya will." he said turning around to put the bottle up keeping an eye on Axel through the mirror. Just because he gave Axel somewhere to stay, and saved him from being mauled to death. Didn't mean fang trusted him completely. 

"So what your plans?" he said as he turned back toward Axel. Putting his hands on the bar.

Axel winced as the needle broke the skin and began to gingerly sew the wound up.

"So what are your plans?" he heard Fang ask.

By all means, after learning that the man was a wolf, he shouldn't trust the likes of him. But the man fed him. Well, attempted to. And bought him a drink. Ah, primal obligatory situations. So cruel and wretched.

Axel thought about it. "Well normally I'd get the living hell out of town," he said, trying his level best to keep his hands steady. "But for now, since Bailey's going to be stewing for a while and would wait on Gauss' command, I'd like to think we're both safe for a while. Besides, I'm kind of anchored since I work here now." Axel glanced up from his makeshift mirror to smirk at the wolf before returning his attention to the task at hand. "Though, a hat would be awesome, I can do without for a while. Just keep it tucked inside my clothes, I guess." He tried to keep his face relaxed as he neared his brow. It would be bad to have a half mug on his face for a few weeks. Who knew what that could do to his physical reputation.

"What about you?" he asked, "My conscience can't exactly rest easy if you have to close up shop."

Fang stepped back leaning on the shelf behind him as Axel answered his question. 

"Well your welcome to stay. Just mind your own and try not to destroy much. Or ill fire ya." he said returning the smirk. It'll be nice having help around here.

'His plans' fang didn't think much about it. He was quite happy where he was. He had the river not to far from here. A garden were he grows most of his food. A nice bed and a roof on his head. Not to mention the number of hours he took to build the place. He wasn't going anywhere.

"Dont worry to much about it kid. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." he said with a sigh.

((going to bed. Nite. And see you tommorow afternoon. Got class on weekdays)) 

[i won't be on till around seven or so. college reeks but i gotta do it T.T]

Axel nodded and finished up, moving one of the blades to swipe lightly at the thread held between his fingers. It was a clean cut, and the wound was sealed. Maybe in about three days he could yank them out. The dark haired man let his hair pile into his lap and but the things away. He closed the box and moved it out of the way; he pretty much bled all over himself really.

Great.

"Point me to the guest shower?" he asked sheepishly. At least he didn't let any get onto the bar. At least not much if he didn't touch anything. But holy crap, his hair was going to be a bitch to clean.

((well thats handy cause iv got to go job searching today. Have fun in class))

Grabbing both glasses off the bar he walked toward the kitchen door,  stop just at the door as he pointed up stairs with his free hand. "up stairs, first door on the right." he said entering the kitchen.

He expected to have dishes to do, but instead found that someone had allready done this dishes for him. "handy" he said with a smirk as he put the glasses in the sink and headed back out the kitchen door and to the backdoor which led into his backyard that opened up to a fairly big garden 

Axel muttered a thanks and rose to go. The stairs were nondescript, really. They were roomy enough to fit two people at once in a given area, and they got him where he needed to go.

The dark haired man shed his shirt on the way up, carefully moving it over the fresh set of stitches. It would be a bitch to wash his face, that was for sure. Axel sighed, stripping the rest of he way and getting under the spray. He half wondered if he should wash his underwear the same time and go commando until morning. It could work, despite it going to be extremely uncomfortable.

Axel grimaced. That settled it. He was going out on the town later that evening to get some clothes. He may have just enough to get at lest underwear for the week. He'd just have to impose on Fang for his cowboy getup until he was on his feet again.

Mind made up, Axel started up a tuned whistle and scrubbed his sorrows away.

[this is not fun....school that is. X.X]

Fang sighed as he slipped on his garden gloves, it was time to pick the tomatoes. Personally he didn't like tomatoes but most people did and if they wanted tomatoes then fine.

Getting on his knees he carefully picked them, placing them in a bucket to wash later. 

Axels hole story was still spinning in his head. But mostly the wolf in the bar. He didn't smell like the forest, which meant he didn't live here. That was strange.

((running out. Lol. Give me a few posts as well))

Axel stepped out of the shower and thought for a moment. He had recalled midshower that he did have some things left at the town's inn. But he never remembered to go back to pick them up. Even so, he needed more clothes than that rucksack could carry. Axel leaned over the sink and gathered his loose hair into his hands, careful of the blades that sat on the surface of the sink's counter. He took his time and wrung the water out his hair. Toweling the thing dry wasn't going to work since it was so much hair and he had to get to the inn before they locked the doors for the evening.

Axel had spend all of five minutes, wringing and gathering, gathering and wringing and continuing. He got sick of it and tossed his hair into the air, lifting it up with a thought and letting the clumps wring themselves out while he inspected his stitches in the mirror. It had gotten water on it, but it didn't soak through, thankfully. He took the towel and dabbed at his face. Face dry and the lower half of his body covered should someone decide to not knock, he stared unseeingly into the mirror.

So, Bailey knew where he was now. Truth be told, he'd barely managed to avoid the guy a few months back. He wondered if he had people out looking for him. Humans, in any case. The half wolf had come to distrust humans quite a bit, so a middleman had to have been involved somewhere in the equation. The question was, who? Either way, he was sure that he didn't know the person. That made things much easier on him in the long run. Axel blinked and stood straight, hair still doing its own thing. He hung the towel on its rack and threw back on the tank he wore under his shirt. That and his jeans would have to suffice while he went out.

Axel coiled his now damp hair into a bun of sorts to keep it from hanging too low. It made him look like a man-lady but what the hell. It would absorb the remaining water within the hour and all he needed to do was pick up his belongings. He hoped Bailey had already skipped town.

The dark haired man left the bathroom and tossed his load into an empty guest room, marking it as his for the time being. He wandered back into the hall and descended the stairs back into the tavern part of the building. He looked around to see the place as he'd left it, and looked around for Fang. Couldn't leave the job without telling the man, now could he? With that, he rounded the bar and walked out the back door.

He found Fang in a squat beside what seemed like a vegetable garden. Well, that beat going to the market for some stuff.

"Hey, bossman," he called. It seemed the title was going to stick to Fang in any case. "I'm going back to town to pick up some stuff."

[sorry for wait. came home late and didn't know what the hell to post :P]

((i smell a conspiricy!!!)))

Fang had just finished when he heard footsteps heading toward the backdoor.he kept pick the tomatoes as Axel opened the door. 

"I'm going back into town to pick up some stuff." 

Was he crazy? He almost gets mauled and now he wants to go back into town where that wolf could lay and wait. Whack job if you asked him.

Turning to face Axel he sat on his butt, laying his arms on his knees, and raising an eyebrow in amazement. "are you trying to get mauled boy?" he said brushing off his arm that had a spot of dirt. "you know that your walking into the wolf's den by going back into town?" 

Axel gave the man a look. "I know it's crazy. No need to tell me that," he crossed his arms. "All I want is my stuff. I can't be stuck here with one set of clothes. And I refuse to dress like a cowboy....no offense to you, though."

Axel shifted his weight onto his left leg with a smirk. "So...permission granted? I swear I'll come back in one piece, dad."

Fang gave Axel a smirk. He never realy planed on stopping him. Whatever he did was his bussness and choice.

Pulling out his key, he quickly tossed them at him with a glare. "bring her back in one piece will ya? He said as he climbed to his feet and dusted off his butt and jeans. "good luck!" he said with a smirk.

((more like redneck ;)

[loool. i'd die if Fang decides to wear a jumper. just...die. and Axel will show it. I don't have a conspiracy planned lol]

Axel caught the keys with a raised eyebrow. Well then. He turned and walked away without a backwards glance. Well that was easier than he thought. He wasted no time in getting inside the truck and starting the old girl up. He still sincerely believed in getting an automatic shifted truck. Standard shift would get a guy killed should he need it for a getaway vehicle. Like earlier today. Imagine if Bailey had actually come after them?

The dark haired man drove halfway to the main road and paused. If he was going to run into Bailey, he'd rather not have to face another angry wolf if the truck got caught in the crossfire. So he killed the engine and slid the keys into the crevice between the shifts and the seat. He slid from behind the wheel and shut the truck door firmly, making sure that the windows were closed, but the truck unlocked. Heaving a sigh, he tightened his hair's grip around his head, letting some of the clumps fall into a curtain around his head and landing in loose, damp tresses around his shoulders.

He felt like a hippie.

Axel walked the rest of the way, stopping only once to move the offending rock that was in the way earlier. That should do the trick. Easy access and easy escape.

The walk was pretty much uneventful, the most exciting parts being when he nearly climbed out of his skin ant the slightest sound. Yeah, he was paranoid at the moment and he probably should have waited until the next day but you know.

Axel got into town and made a beeline through the dwindling crowds for the inn. He'd made it just in time, really. Got his crap and left without looking back. On his way back into the forest, he spied an open men's store. Leaving the small duffel at the door, he decided to take a look around. Fang wouldn't be too worried if he stayed out a little longer. The green eyed fugitive took in to account all who were present. It was just him and three other guys perusing the sales. A lady stood behind the counter, he noticed, and she was serving a guy dressed in black. The clerk leaned over the counter to look down intently at something he guessed the customer was showing her.

Axel felt his blood freeze. It may just be the paranoia speaking but maybe Bailey did send someone looking for him. Axel was about to pick up and leave when the clerk looked up at him and pointed, glancing back at the black clad stranger.

Crap.

The man turned around. He had dark hair and hard mismatched eyes. One blue and one amber. He was only part wolf. He seemed familiar, though. Axel ignored his better judgment and waited to see what would become of the situation.

"Is there a problem?" he asked, all innocence.

"Axel Crowe?"

Oh shit.

"Who wants to know?"

The man with the mismatched gaze smirked before letting his smile fall. "Jace."

He had to admit...the name sounded familiar. And the mannerism nagged at his mind. Where did he know that name from?

Axel nearly choked. Jace? "Jace Vee?"

The man rolled his eyes slightly, too hard for a normal person to detect, and Axel grinned.

[yeah....sorry for rushing but i'll flesh Jace out in another post.]

((hey its fine))

Fang spent now time at all washing the tomatoes and putting then in his freezer that laid in the basement. The. Freeze he built himself, with shelves covering every wall. He thought it was quite genius actually

After walking back behind the bar to grab a glass of water he decided to practice some more of his harmonica skills. He enjoyed the instrument almost as much as shooting his guns. 

Walking outside and sitting on the porch he whipped the old harp out, pucker his lips then laid down some old bluegrass tunes that had a mix of modern country and rock,  

[gonneahave to wait until i get home to do jace's part and think clearly. sorry for lateness. i'm in the middle of business management class and typing without looking and trying not to get caught lol]

Jace sighed inaudibly, clutching a picture in his hand. It was going to be hard to find this guy, and he knew it. Just how hard, he didn't anticipate. Word got out that Bailey had scented a trail on Axel Crowe. Jace had gotten wind of it while at a bar a few towns over. Blue and amber eyes roamed blankly over the streets of the town. He was a black figure against the colors of the city; he wore a black trench, dark jeans, combat boots and black leather gloves. This was the last place Bailey had been. He thought maybe Axel would have been more than one place rather than just an inn and skipped town. The man may have been sociable, but the guy moved around like no other. He was hard to catch up to.

He had already searched just about every bar he'd found -- and the places that sold cigarettes and lighters -- and nothing. He knew Axel; this guy practically lived off cigarettes and liquor. The guy actually needed it. If those things could be prescribed to anyone by a doctor, Axel would be the first patient to get one of that sort. Jace had been there when Bailey had been taken under Gauss' paw. He wasn't an experiment himself, but he had stumbled across the facility that night and hadn't seen Axel till a few years later. Axel had already been on the run, and had been smoking like a chimney. They had both ended up at the same inn --Jace wandered, never staying anywhere long. They were to share a room, really, since the rooms were doubles.

Axel was an interesting person. So Jace had stuck around. The guy barely slept, and whenever he did, the man was shivering uncontrollably -- it was summer at the time. It wasn't unusual to see a man down ludicours amounts of alcohol and drag through countless packs of cigarettes, but the rate Axel went, it was just....unreal.

That was also the first time Jace really met Bailey. Axel and Bailey had it out in the middle of the street, causing massive damage. It was apparent that Axel was one of the experiments because of the ridiculous length of hair he possessed... Not to mention the power behind it all. But after a while of duking it out, Axel had begun to slow down, movements stiff. Jace could almost see the cold congealing over the man, and stepped in to help. He didn't shift....he couldn't afford to. It took some doing, but they'd managed to drive Bailey off. Well, Bailey was called off.

He'd helped Axel out: got him cigarettes and lights with three cases of beer. It was only then that he found out about the experiments in depth and Axel's dependence on heat. So he drank and smoked. It kept his body warm because he was made cold-blooded. Although he could store heat, it was exuded when in constant action, like fights.

Sometimes he regretted meeting the other man. He talked Jace half to death, but the man was intelligent, if a bit cocky.

Jace looked at the picture Axel forced him to take. It was the only one he'd ever taken. If anyone asked, Axel said to tell 'em they were brothers or something.

The idiot.

Jace took the picture and walked into a men's clothing store. It was one of the likely places he would go if he wanted to keep his guises fresh. He walked into the shop, walking straight to the lady that stood behind the corner. He wasn't one for conversation like Axel, really. And he didn't care. He just wanted the job done.

"Have you seen this man?" he asked without preamble, showing the girl the picture. She seemed to recognize Axel's face, because she nodded. She looked up and pointed to something behind him.

"Is there a problem?" came a familiar voice from behind.

Jace turned around and smirked. "Axel Crowe?"

"Who wants to know?" Axel asked warily.

Jace let his smirk fall. "Jace."

Axel seemed to choke on air. "Jace Vee?"

All Jace could do was roll his eyes at Axel. How many men named Jace in the world knew Axel Crowe?

Hey sorry! Just got back from fishing!! Will post soon!!))

Fang didn't know what Axel was up too, but he was taking forever. Hopefully he didn't get caught and mauled by that half-breed. "hurry up kid." whispering to himself. "Your never patient!" his brother always told him. "if your not patient, you'll never get anywhere." guess he was right.

It had been almost 2 hours since Axel left. it didn't take that long to go to town and back and seeing that he took his truck and he wasn't about to shift, he wasn't going anywhere.

[big ol' time jump. I don't think I have the will to write another long post....or anything that episodic...]

Axel led Jace toward the outskirts of the town. "...and that's how I ended up here," he tied off his story. "Where the hell have you been?"

The dark haired man looked to his something-of-a-friend expectantly. He hadn't seen Jace in almost forever. Jace had been the wolf that had been nothing but civil toward him. He didn't think they were close enough to be fiercely loyal friends but it was good enough that they'd watch each other's back.

"I mean," Axel added. "I'm sure you wouldn't go around asking about me for nothing."

Jace seemed to think about his answer. If Axel had learned anything about their short time together, he knew for a fact that this man was always careful and meticulous in the way he did things. He even took the time to choose his words. He wasn't as eloquent as Axel when it came to social matters but that was okay. The man got his point across.

"I heard Bailey had been in these parts," Jace answered succinctly. "I heard he'd found you again."

Axel grimaced. "Well, yeah, like I said. I didn't expect him. I think it was sheer luck that he ran into me."

"You should have run," Jace commented. The man never used much words, either, Axel recalled with a slight grimace.

"The bastard was hurting the lady," Axel defended. "I couldn't just leave her there."

"Even so, someone else would have done something."

"The guy's a damn wolf. What human could go against the guy and live?"

"You did," Jace pointed out.

"I'm not human," Axel bit out. "Not anymore."

"Where are you taking me?" Axel rolled his eyes and smirked at Jace's definition of 'tact.' At least the other man knew when to drop a subject. Might need to teach him something about subtlety later in life.

"To the workplace."

Jace raised a brow, and Axel grinned.

Both men stopped somewhere in the middle of the journey where a truck sat, looking almost abandoned. Axel opened the door and climbed in, motioning for Jace to do the same. Axel drove in silence, taking them both to the tavern.

Axel put the truck in park and locked it up, leading Jace into the building.

"Bossman!" Axel called out. "I'm back!"

Jace, from the corner of Axel's eye, seemed to wince at the loud shout. Axel nudged the man with his elbow and earned himself a glare. It didn't faze him, making Jace look away in annoyance and Axel chuckle softly.