Tavern in the woods

Fang let out a sigh putting him harp back in his pocket as he hears the engine of his truck approach. 'took ya long enough' he thought.

"we're have ya been boy?" he said giving the other man a glance. 'wolf' he thought, seeing his eyes and smelling his scent. This wolf wasn't from around here he guessed. 

"who's the wolf?' he asked slightly tipping his hat down to hide his scar and face with the shadow of the rim of the hat.

"Gee," Axel said, feigning a wounded look. "Not even a 'welcome back.'"

He glanced at Jace, seeing the other man size Fang up before turning to glare at Axel. "What?" the long haired man asked innocently.

"You're living with another wolf," Jace stated, never once averting his gaze from Fang's.

"Well," Axel said, scratching the back of his head. He had conveniently left out the fact that the 'friend' who helped him out was another wolf. The paranoia he had while with Jace had more or less sparked within the mismatched-eyed one a feasible sense of skepticism. "You see..."

"Don't bother," Jace interrupted him. Axel fell silent, sending a sheepish look toward his boss. Normally, Axel would have a fit if someone cut into his speech like that. But it was Jace, and only he had that privilege. He wasn't rude by any means. Just...well, Jace.

"Calm down, Jace," Axel said, rolling his eyes at the black clad wolf. "Bossman's a friend. You don't have to maul him."

"I'm not going to start a needless fight," Jace replied.

"Well," Axel cleared his throat. "Bossman, this is my bother in arms, Jace Vee. Jace, this is Fang."

Jace nodded, almost imperceptibly.

((didnt work to hard on this post ;)

Fang gave jace a nod of his head "pleasure." he said with a soft tone, his eyes stuck on the wolf.

He didn't like the idea of another wolf near him. It sent him on edge. Making him quite paranoid and up tight. 

He Never did get along with the other wolves. They always tires to push him into dominance, but it never worked. 'Stupid' he thought.

"Can i get you something?" he finished, waiting for the wolf to advert his eyes. 

"No," Jace said, not unkindly. He took a seat at the bar, nonetheless. He stared long and hard at Fang, gaze shifting from his face to his hat and back. "Why aren't you with a pack?"

Axel looked from Jace to Fang. It was a reasonable question that Axel never thought to ask. If there was one wolf in the area, then there should be at least two to three more in the immediate vicinity as well. The long haired man stepped forward, leaning with folded arms against Jace's back and chin on the other man's head. It annoyed the living hell out of Jace on a good day, but Axel did it anyway. He was the only one who ever got away with it, apparently. But he didn't care. He didn't want to sit for this one.

Jace wasn't a part of a pack, himself. He had been a lone wolf since he'd lost his mother a long while back and his sister had married herself off into some other pack he never bothered to look into. They accepted her wholeheartedly, but refused his presence. Reia had almost left because of it, but Jace told her to stay. It really didn't matter to him that he didn't have a pack to run with. He was fine with that, but he couldn't let his sister live the same way. Axel had dug into that little tidbit of Jace's past and never let the wolf live it down.

Hence his suicidal forays into Jace's personal space.

Jace didn't avert his gaze from Fang, awaiting his response.

[sorry for long wait....really didn't know what to do with it, lol. not gonna expose Fang just yet. Maybe in a few posts. or at least until you bring in his family or something.]

"why arent you with a pack?" 

One mistake And it cost him everything. The moment when joe, the alpha of bear mountain pack stop breathing and his blood flowed through fangs jaws was how it changed everything.

Growing up was hard when your father is one of top alphas in the country and next door lived the next to top. Joe smith! Alpha of bear mountain pack. Now Joe was a nasty alpha. Always pushing more than he should. Buck, fangs father hated joe as did joe hate buck. And joe loved setting off buck. 

Back when he still live with the long lake pack fang and his brother max, loved to go for long runs, sometimes going beyond the boundary of there territory. And max just loved the old. Creek that laid just inside it. 

It was that day which started it all. When max came home half way dead. Bleeding all over the floor and father wouldn't do anything because he knew that max was trespassing. Oh did that sent fang off! 

"never was much for being social." he respond to the wolf lowering his hat just a little more before dozing off again heading toward the door keeping it open for them to enter. 'he got what he deserved and tasting his blood was justice.' he told himself, making himself feel better

"so are you from around here?" he asked jace

((tried my best!! ;))

Axel snoted and Jace gave the owner a dubious look.

"You'd survived most of a day with Axel without attempting to kill him," Jace deadpanned, blatantly not answering Fang's question.

Axel glared down into Jace's head, poking him in his temple with an offended 'hey!'

Jace, of course, ignored him, instead narrowing his eyes at Fang. He didn't believe the man one bit. But since Axel was in no immediate danger, he'd let it slide. For all he knew, this man could be a rogue wolf and not a lone one.

The atmosphere around Jace was cold, and so Axel decided to step in.

"He's kind of like me," he interjected. "We don't meet often on the road, but I drag him along if we do."

Green eyes looked nervously between the two wolves.

Oh boy...

Fang kept the wolf in his field of vision, something just felt wrong at the moment, with this wolf in his home, Axel showing up, and the other wolf at the bar. To many events at once he though. 

Fang caught a shadow move swiftly across a tree from outside, but didn't think much about it. There were a lot of quick squirrels out here.

Looking to Axel he put his palm out waiting for his truck keys to land in them 

Axel blinked and looked down at Fang's open palm. The confusion was written all over his face when realization dawned.

"Right!" He fished into his pocket and tossed Fang his keys.

[sorry....never knew i could end up getting this bad with posts oO....i'll have to rectify this soon.....it's just that i need to find the opportunity for Jace to pounce. >=D]

Fang caught keys, give a quick glance toward the door as it open, a short white man with reddish hair, and a red button up shirt with blue jeans. 

Fang eyes widen as he looked at the man. What was he doing out here! He couldn't have found him that quick.

"hello." the man said with a soft tone. He looked very young with the soft skin. He looked toward the fang the Axel, as he gave jace the finial stare. "are you guys open?" he asked   

Fang noticed that the man hadn't realize who he was. Fang fell silent, in hopes of Axel to answer the question.

((there ya go pal!!))

[thanks ^^]

Axel's ears perked up and he leaned away from Jace.

"Sure we are!" He chirped cheerfully. He waltzed over to the man and looped an arm around his shoulder and led him toward the bar. "Have a seat, buddy. What would you like?"

Axel spied Jace's expression and caught the other man's eye just to stick his tongue out at him. Axel was nothing but a big kid on the inside and Jace knew that all too well. The mismatched eyed wolf looked to the red haired man and sniffed.

Wolf.

He was quite sure that the other man knew as well, but he didn't care either which way if the short wolf had a problem with it.

Axel leaned over to hear correctly what the man had ordered and walked behind the bar to mix the man a drink. Axel was nothing but well rounded. He worked any and everywhere for as long as he could to have some spare change in his pocket whenever he needed to move on. He'd worked in countless bars and clubs, mostly for the heat and the liquor, but sometimes he worked security for a few estates and what not. Heck, for the fun of it, he even helped out at an old folks' home from time to time.

"Absolute~" Axel crowed, sliding the shot glass across the surface.

He loved doing that.

He turned to Fang with an open grin and two hopeful thumbs up. "How was that, bossman?"

[whooo. much better xD]

It took fang a minute to shoot back into reality. He stood there for what seemed like forever. It had been years since fang saw his brother. Matter of fact the last time he saw him was right after his fang exiled him from the pack for murder, to be hunted down like a rogue wolf.

He looked at Axel, giving him a quick and responding with a low voice. Goo job.

Max looked at the wolf at the bar. The man seemed quite intrigued by the other man who apparently was the owner of the bar. "thank you." he 
Said nodding his head toward the long haired man behind the bar. 

Max gave the other man a glance. He smell was of wolf. But very faint. 'this man hasn't shifted in forever' he thought. "Im max." Max said looking back at the long haired man.

Fang gulped and walked toward the stairs as they spoke.

((wont be on tonight. Camping and rappealing off cliff))

[ooooo niiiice. be careful though. don't want you dead.]

Axel gave Fang a weird look. He knew the man wasn't really social but he never was that soft spoken. Maybe he'd ask him later... It may be something about this guy. Axel darted a glance toward Jace, who seemed to turn his blank stare toward the newcomer. Jace met his gaze and shook his head once, hardly detectable.

Oh.

Axel's grin widened. "The name's Drew," he lied easily enough. If Jace said to save his ass, then he wouldn't think twice about it. "A pleasure."

Staring at his wolf companion, Axel received a nod of approval. Now all he had to do was explain himself to Fang... but it paid to play along for a while.

Max took the glass, chugging the glass. "maybe you can help me drew?" he said laying the glass back down.
"I'm looking for an old friend." he finished give the other wolf a glance.

Fang walked into his bathroom closing the door behind him.  "what is he doing out here?" he asked himself. He didn't know wether buck sent him out here to find him. Or if max was out here on his own will.  

Fang looked into the mirror washing off his worn face. He had know idea if max was still alive. He never even had time to sat goodbye. "oh max." fang whispered. They we're so close as pups.

((if i dont reply in a couple day. Then ya i did.))

Axel watched Fang leave from the corner of his eye.

"Maybe you can help me Drew?" the newcomer, Max said.

"Maybe I can," was Axel's quick response. Big softy he was.

"I'm looking for an old friend."

What was it with people and old friends recently? His mind shifted back to Fang's hasty retreat.

"Who is this old friend?" Axel asked, leaning on the bar and pouring Max another drink. He could tell Jace was also listening in.

Max reached inside his shirt pulling out a picture of a young guy leaning against a tree with his arms folded. The guy had a scar on left cheek. "I'm looking for this guy. He should look older now but this is as recent as i got. His names BrokeFang" he finished taking his gaze off the wolf and toward Axel. 

Axel stared at the picture, careful to keep his expression blank. His and Jace's eyes met for a brief moment.

Fang.

So the guy does have family. He termed someone 'old friend' before. Could this be the guy who gave him that sexy bottle of liquor? But Fang had left, and his whole air had changed. Axel may be crazy, but he wasn't stupid.

"I hadn't seen him around," Axel replied. "Anything else I should know about the guy in case I do see him?"

Fang dried his face as he open his gun safe. Reaching in for his 45 pistol and tucking it in behind his jeans. 'just in case' he told himself.

Max kept his gaze at Axel. His father told him what he did. That fang went crazy and attack max and killed the alpha of another pack, little did he now that when max got attacked. He hit his head, making him forget what happened that night.

"he's wanted by the state of alaska." max said put the picture back in its place. "If you see him, be careful. He know For being unpredictable." max finished by taking another swag of the drink. 

((now where getting somewhere.))

[lol ikr]

Jace gave Axel a pointed look. Axel ignored the urge to give the other man the finger.

"Holy crap," he said instead. "The whole state? What did he do?"

The hairs at Axel's nape were tingling. He did try his best to stay calm around the unfamiliar wolf. Who knew what this man knew of him. Gauss was out for his blood; this guy was after Fang. What's next?

Max looked at the wolf next to him then to Axel. This human was with this wolf, but didn't  he know that his friend is a wolf. Max thought about just saying it but, he couldn't risk exposing them. "he killed a man, almost killing me in the process. So please, if you see him call this number." pulling out a card from his shirt pocket, he handed it to Axel. "thank you for the hospitality. Good day." max said getting up and heading toward the door.

Fang listened carefully as he sat on his bed. He was very quiet, listening to the hole conversation. He didn't really know how Axel or jace would take the news. Would they let him explain or would they ditch or worse. Call alaska. He didn't know. 

"Thanks for stopping by, Max!" Axel called after the man, carefully placing the card into his own pocket. The man had already left, and there was silence for a while.

"Ax--," Jace started.

"No way, man," Axel interrupted. "We'll ask him first. He's been nothing but good to me, alright?"

Jace scowled. "You'd better be right about this one."

"I was right about you," Axel countered. Jace remained quiet, watching as Axel took the glass and washed it in the sink beneath the bar. "Come on, have a drink with me."

Jace continued to glare, making Axel roll his eyes. "Come on, Jay. Just three rounds."

"Fine," the wolf grunted. He never trusted Fang in the first place. Now he had given reason to be wary of the other wolf.