Tavern in the woods

Bailey snorted. He knew the rules of the wolf quite well, but he could always kill all of the witnesses. There were more than wolves in this world and he could get away scott free if he played his cards right. That's what hit drunken reason told him. And he would abide by it.

With that, he rushed forward, jowls open and ready for good old flesh.

Axel took a step back, unsure of the next course of action. Right now it was up to Fang. But still...

the dark haired man acutely felt the weight of his braid. No. He wouldn't use it until push came to shove. He reached slowly into the back of his pants, taking out a pair of gloves and slipping them on quietly. He ran his hands over the silver knuckles that were hidden just under the leather and clenched his fists. He hoped he didn't have to use them.

He never even tried.

There was only the sound of paws on the wood for a brief moment before he saw Bailey in the air.

"Shit," he bit out.

Before the wolf lunged at him. He had been pondering through all of the scenarios. He knew that this drunken wolf wasnt going away without a fight. 

After his feet left the ground. fang quickly reacted. This wolf was drunk and his reflexes would be slow. It would work to his advantage, so He quickly threw his left arm up grabing the wolf under his neck as he slitly crouched shoving his other arm under his belly and throwing the wolf over fang and onto the ground behind him shattering a table.

"stay down!" fang growled looking at Axel and throwing him the key to his truck. "quick. Go start the truck!" 

Axel wasted absolutely no time in catching the keys and making a beeline for the exit. Fang could handle himself, right? He just tossed the asshole head over heels onto his ass! But he couldn't help but dart a look back.

Bailey shook his muzzle to gain clarity to his blurred vision. This guy had a lot of guts for a pup. The wolf rolled over and tarried no longer in reaching for the man's leg. Who was he to think he could tell Bailey to stay down like some dog?!

As Axel caught the keys. fang quickly turned his attetion back to the wolf. He just clamped his jaws on his leg. Bad move he thought. he quickly droped all  his body weight on the wolf. Forcing his knee on the wolfs head pinning his head to the ground as fang pulled his knife out putting it to the wolfs neck. 

"listen here pal. When i get up. Your going to leave. If you don't. Ill rip your throat out. Got it?" he said more in a command than a question.

Bailey growled. He had to hand it to this guy. For a pup he had some sort of skill. So what was it going to be? Die a foolish death or...

The wolf huffed. "Let me go, pup. I won't fight you."

That's the way to do it, he thought. Besides, he wanted that other filthy human's head on a platter. Not this one.

Axel hopped into the truck and started it up. He moved his hand to put the thing in dr--.

"Oh what the--," he groaned. "The guy drives standard and not automatic? What gives? I hadn't driven one of these in years."

Muttering under his breath, he did his best to recall what the hell to do with this hands. It took a minute but he figured it out and in no time, pulled around front. Ah, the getaway car. Brought back old memories, it did. Axel brought the car around front and looked into the bar.

Alright! He thought with a grin. Fang was more bad ass than he thought. He even had Bailey at knife point.

Fang was already wanted dead or alive for the murder of an alpha wolf. He had blood on his hands. The last thing he needed was the death of another wolf on his hands. So he thought carefully to himself.

This wolf may be older than him, but he wasn't about to let him order fang around. "If i get up, your going to kill the boy." digging the knife into his skin. "So i want your word your going to cool down. You can try some other time when your in better judgment." he finished glaring into the wolfs eyes. 

Fang gave a quick glance at the mirror on the wall, spotting his truck and Axel who sat waiting in it outside the front door. He didn't think he would wait.

Bailey glared at the younger wolf. "I said fine," he groused. He may have been a bit of a hot head but he still had a wolf's honor.

He smelled the familiar rancid scent of Axel and held himself back. In any case he knew where the kid was. And if he didn't leave straight away he was sure to be around this wolf. It was a smart move, if the idiot decided to make it. Bailey took that as assurance and relaxed his entire body. He'd get the wimp next time.

Axel waited for Fang, seeing Bailey just lay there. Of course, for Bailey to stay like that, the guy must be planning something. Either way Fang had better speed things up so they could both get the hell out of town.

"I said fine." 

Fang sighed as he heard the words and the wolf relaxed. He had now idea if the wolf would attack after he let go so he kept the knife pointed at the wolf as he stood up and backed up a few steps keeping an eye on the old wolf 

"Thank you." fang said. "We'll be on our way now." with that fang headed towards the door opening the front door and quickly running around the truck and climbing into the passengers seat giving axel a glance. "Go." he quickly said.

Axel didn't need to be told twice. HE shoved the truck into gear and sped off.

He looked back, and put his eyes back on the road. "I didn't even get to have my steak," he muttered, patting his head. "And my hat's gone."

Axel's scowl was vicious. But he cleared it up in no time. Wasn't any use to be upset. He'd just have to get another hat and try to be contented with that at least. "So where to, boss?"

​[never thought I'd see the time I'd run out of things to post lol]

Fang laid back in his seat looking at Axel with a smirk "back to the tavern" he said looking outside his window and out among the trees to make sure they werent being followed. "who the heck was that and what is his beef with you anyhow?"

Fang knew all about friends and foes. Mostly foes. There were alot of poeple who wanted him dead. Especially marshal. The brother of the alpha he killed. Man oh man that wolf wanted him dead!!!!  

((i know how that goes!!))

Axel heaved a sigh. "That there's Bailey. I don't know his last name, but he's one of my old boss' runners. I call 'em goonies but whatever," he took a corner and took a different route to get back to the forest. "As you can see, he wants me dead."

And for the whopper. "For what, I think it's because he's jealous of me," Axel joked. "I mean, I do look better than the guy. But anyway. Back over in another country, these witches and warlocks were holding me and a few other humams captive to use us as sick magical experiments. Well not exactly witches or warlocks. They were more scientific about their stuff so I guess alchemists. I had this idea that I'd grow my air out while over there to make things interesting for my life. They did say be careful what you wish for, but you know how that goes."

"I was snagged off the streets later that day, really. Didn't know what happened. Was just walking and minding my own shit and then next thing I knew I was on some table. And, yeah. So they wanted to mix the genes of us humans with those of different animals to see how we came out." Axel moved one hand off the wheel and set it on the rim of the open window. "Of course there were a lot of failures and deaths. That goes without saying. They even used kids as young as five." Axel grimaced. "Most of those kids died before the end of the first test. But anyway, they used a red octopus on me and mixed t with a few perks from the elf vicinity."

Axel humg left and followed the vaguely familiar path he took earlier when he first went to the tavern.

"In any case, these things were being sponsored by this gang, or this pack of wolves. Han -- that's where Bailey's from. He was one of the experiments, actually. He came out of it alive so that made him half wolf. Now he has a longer life span at the cost of three kills a month. So he has a dirty deal. Anyway, in with the both of us was some other kid. He'd been nabbed by the alchemists and tested on. By the end of the second cycle, the kid had shifted just to get away. No one knew he was a wolf, and that just excited them even more. I mean the kid was just a boy.... But moving on, they tried to combine his DNA with that of a panther. Make him a wolf cat? If it weren't so sadistic, I'd say that would be pretty damn cool."

And it was. Really!

Axel took a breath. Damn, explanations were long. "I tried to get him out of it when I finally found a way to get out of the cells they kept us in. Those people knew how to lock a guy up, I tell you. He was in the middle of the third round of testing -- it was second longest anyone's ever managed to live. I tried to get him out, but the kid shifted on me. I guess the rest of his pack had sniffed him out or something, I'm not sure. Not that big on wolf theories. And turned out he was the son of one of the bigger honchos of some pack named Han. By that time, there were only three of us left: Me, Bailey and the kid. Bailey didn't know who the hell I was since we were kept in different tanks--." Oops. Wasn't supposed to mention tanks but oh well. He plowed on. "Things got a little hectic since I was still relatively human looking. So they imeediately figured me for a doctor. I redeemed myself in front of Gauss, he overhead leader of Han, or I thought he was at the time. Bailey had been accepted immediately seeing that he was half wolf then. He hadn't been much more than 19 at the time. He should be 119 now if I recall correctly. The kid, on the other hand, died a short week after. Of course they shed half the blame on me after hearing what Bailey had to say. He went completely anti-human for a while. Soon he was whipped and trained to control himself -- for the most part."

The forest road was a little shoddy but that could have been fixed, he thought absently as he swerved around some rock in the middle of the path.

"The kid was Gauss' son, I'd thought at the time," Axel continued. "But since I wasn't exactly trustworthy enough to be let go, they kept me around to do some of their dirty work. Then Gauss had me do something that has my ass on the line for the rest of my life."

They pulled up to the tavern and Axel killed hte engine, settling back for a minute. "There was this head pack, since it was so big they had to divide it. The entire group was under Ke Le. And Gauss, second to the leader Joseph, wanted the alpha dead. Turned out that the kid was Joseph's son. The man was still looking for the boy and decided to go off on his own to look. I couldn't exactly tell the poor guy the truth. I happened to like my life right about then and Gauss and his crew were always foot to foot behind me. So they were basically guard detail to the Alpha and they went along with, taking me with them because they didn't trust me enough to leave me with perfectly capable people. Gauss gave me a hat and gold contacts to pass me as a wolf since of course, you can't be detected as a human. Long and gruesome story short, they all mauled the alpha and killed him. I got left with the blood on my hands with the task of hiding the body. While my back was turned I got ganged."

Axel's hand trailed unconsciously across his stomach. "Damn near didn't live the night through, but I did. Gauss had set me up but they weren't having any of it. They kept me for a while, deciding my fate. I had to steal knives and sharp objects from wherever I went and tied them onto my hair. I hid it under the hat. I didn't like it , but I got attached to it after I needed to keep my hair under wraps. I fought my way out of that damn place and they'd been after me ever since."

Axel had kept the important parts about him and his hair out of the story. He wasn't ready to face that again. Those experiments would send the devil himself crying for his mother.

[lol Fang wanted the beef, he soooo got it]

((that was freakin crazy!!!!)))

Fang tried his hardest to keep up. The hole story sent his head spinning. The experiments, the test and the pack 'han' that name sent a ring in his ear. He's heard of that pack. Back when he was on the run. They where a nasty pack. Always going behind the counsel. But that didnt matter right now.

As Axel pulled into the drive of his tavern and finished his story, fang looked at him. "I cant promise full protection but you may stay here as long as you please. Free of charge."

He didn't know why he had this overwhelming urge to help this man. Maybe it was because he knew he could never go back. Nor take back what he did, but maybe he could help Axel fix up everything.

Stepping out of the truck and walking towards the door fang took one glance behind him, looking into the forest. They would find him soon. Word spread fast.

[looooool doesn't help that I came up with that on the spot :P]

Axel nodded and followed the man out of the truck, keys spinning around his index finger. He thought back to Bailey and wondered why the guy was in town. This wasn't a part of his district. Had something happened while he wasn't paying attention?

Walking back into the tavern, things looked pretty much the same. But the dishes were gone. The place was pretty much spic and span. He darted a look at Razor. Pretty handy girl.

"Bossman," Axel called after Fang. He tossed the keys in a neat arch into the air.

[Okay, that last one took a lot out of me lol. I'll get back into the moderate swing in a few posts xD]

Fang had entered the tavern with a smile. He was quite happy to end that dispute with ease. 

"Bossman" 

He quickly turned around catching the keys as they hurled towards his face. "Thanks." he said turning toward the stair case on the left side of the tavern. "im going to head up stairs real quick." 

Fang walked up the stairs and turnes the corner, opening a door and revealing his room. There it had nice wood floors. A king size bed. Hand crafted draws, and a gun safe.

Fang walked into the next door that opened up to a bathroom. He looked into the mirror then with the turn of the faucet he wiped his face off. "Han." he said to himself in the mirror.

((cud you pm me more info on this han pack))

Axel assumed his seat where it had all started and eyed the bottle he placed on the shelf. Something dripped and fell into his eye and he cursed silently, closing his left eye against the hot crimson liquid. Crap, he forgot about that. He rolled back his sleeve and ran his wrist over it. All that elfin magic they pumped into him only worked for his hair. Healing had to work the old fashioned way. For alchemists, they were pretty damn smart and stupid at the same time. Then again, they may have wanted it this way in the event that one of the experiments escaped wounded. But the magic did minimal work on wounds. It should be able to clear this bad boy up.

Axel gingerly touched the gash that went from the corner of his eye and arched up to the side of his forehead. There went his boyish good looks, he thought miserably. His friend would clock him one if he heard him. Here he was, almost losing an eye and worrying about his looks. Axel was a vain little bastard at the most inappropriate times and he knew it. But he just couldn't help it.

The dark haired man shed his jacket, remaining in his black tank. He was slim but toned, thanks to all the crap those alchemists pumped into his body. It kept him young and fit. Never mind he was nearly 124 and counting. He wondered how long he would live. Would he suffer from some incurable disease? Or worse....?

Axel snorted at himself and rest the jacket across his legs before folding his arms across the bar and let his forehead fall onto them, careful to block the blood flow. It would stop eventually. When the boss came back, he'd ask for a needle and some thread. Stitch that baby up and let the magic do its work. Hell if it weren't for that little bit of magic, he really would have kicked the bucket all those years ago.

Damn alchemists.

He didn't know how long he stared into that mirror. It had been sometimes since he revisited his memories. 20 years go by pretty fast. "20 years." Had it been that long since he built this place. 

Grabbing a towel off its hanger. he dried his face off and carefully hung it back up. "gosh dang fang" he said fighting the urge to punch a hole in the wall. 

Walking back down the stairs. fang saw that Axel was resting on the bar. Giving everyone in his tavern a glance, he made his way behind the bar, pulling two shot glasses out and filling them with that expensive whiskey. "drink." he said grabbing one and gulping it.  

Axel heard the clunk of a glass hit the bar and he looked up, some of his hair hanging in his eyes. The golden liquid and the accompanying scent was more than welcome. He didn't need to raise himself entirely, and remaining slouched over the bar he downed the shot and set the glass down with a dull thunk.

"Thanks," he murmured.

Fang gave a nod to Axel as he refilled both their glasses.

"What a day." he said lifting his glass. "the wolf will be back you know?" he said knowing that the wolf probably  wont stop till Axels blood is pour in his mouth. Speaking of blood he noticed the wound on Axels head.

"yea need to clean that before it gets infected."

Axel took the glass in his fingers and swirled it around a few times. "I can't get infected," he said, knocking back the drink. "But I could do with a needle and some thread. At least it would be some open flesh wound."

The one bad thing about the experiment was that wounds wouldn't close unless the skin was close enough to pull together. And stupidly close at that.

"Bailey's a tenacious bastard, if nothing else," Axel commented. "He'll be back, but so long as we lay low, and you don't shift, we'll be fine."

He glanced up at Axel. "Didn't peg you for a wolf, though I should have seen that one coming. What with the yellow eyes and stuff."

Fang finished the second glass. Laying it down with a thump. It had been too long since he drank. But all hell was going break lose soon, So what the hell.

Fang knelt down pulling out a first aid kit that he stores just for guest. Being a wolf and all. He never really patched himself. Being a wolf meant healing quickly.

"Yea. Most would'nt." he said laying the aid kit on the bar and pushing it to Axel. "here ya go. Use what you need."