• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Swarovski Academy for Magical Soldiers (OOC/Sign-U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, since FallenStar mentioned dropping out I replaced her character with Ferr in the groups but I will say them again as Vivaldi when everyone's together to get a clear understanding. I also took her off the cast list because I want to keep up to date with it as best as possible.

Bob, I'm not gonna power move you too much, just so Lilith can move on and isn't stuck. You can have her react to it all whenever.

Last edited:
So, sorta interested in joining, but I have a question. There's 16 characters in the Cast List, but the latest page in the IC features only...what, five, six of them? Are most of those people gone?

Two at least are busy, and some of just are controling multiples, I would say only two of the joiners so far have been no shows.

Hm, because I don't really feel like investing all the time in reading through all these CSes, can someone give me a quick summary on what abilities and personality archetypes are currently present in this RP? Right now, all I see are a massive amount of fire-elemental kiddos and a lot of anime faces that I recognize.

Thanks~

Hm, because I don't really feel like investing all the time in reading through all these CSes, can someone give me a quick summary on what abilities and personality archetypes are currently present in this RP? Right now, all I see are a massive amount of fire-elemental kiddos and a lot of anime faces that I recognize.

Thanks~
Here is the bare bones basics, largely done in order with the cast list minus in two area's.

water and ice using, silent princess sort, ptsd issues with being touched. Female.

Shy/trickster Ninja Fox girl. Well fox mask, seems to have a psychological issue with speaking. Uses shapeshifting and illussions.

Prideful sadist male wind magic ninja, male.

Fire magic using male rebel type chracter.

fire magic yakuza like girl, is a bit of a scam artist.

fire magic using "yankee" (IE Gangsta) girl, more likely to get in fights.

lightning using maid, that has terrible skills in terms of modern society, possibly sadist.

Magic energy projectile using tomboy. Female obviously.

Male noble warrior sort, power of void magic. Not sure what that does.

Saltlords person is next, yet to post. Its a he. Sort of the charismatic smiling face of hope sort.

Token dark personality girl, hiding in the attic, has shadow magic, don't touch me sort mindset. Bit of a bookworm.

Male instructor that uses swords, power of Telekinesis/Gravity, english gentleman sort personality.

Middle Ages styled fighting monk that has a drill instructor personality, uses Chi Energy in combat. Male.

Female Yandere for the noble warrior, power of Super Strength and manipulation of steel, typical average personality, shy when needed, speaking and nice when knows you. Crazy as all hell about her stalking target.

Token incompetent gentle giant, heavy earth magic abilities.

Action hero swordsman, power of Alchemy FMA style.

How exactly does magic work in this universe? Are there any systems in place? Spells?

Read the introduction.

It explains it, but I haven't seen a common theme between us, the fire users all have different forms and uses of fire, from talismans, to punchs to typical attacks. More or less it seems up to you, so long as its not too op, mind you I'm not the admin for this, so don't take my words as absolute truth.

But so far its differed widely from student to student. Overall it seems that most of them are passive abilities, or active traits and abilities, with two real spell casters.

Yeah, I read it, but the explanation on magic there seems rather barebones. It's just saying 'you have powers that come from objects or symbols'. Doesn't explain what sort of 'fuel' is used, or what happens if an object or symbol is lost or destroyed, or what limitations there are to magic. But whatever, fair enough, I'll just treat it as 'no set system, so do whatever'.

Which brings up an idea: Imposer and Five Elements
Imposer is the ability to place restrictions on non-physical things, such as distance, vectors, gravity, and magical abilities. The harsher the restriction, the more exhausting it is to pull off. This is usually used to impose the concept of the Five Elements onto other abilities.

The Five Elements is a purely manipulative ability that allows for the generation and the subjugation of the elements of Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, and Wood. Operating on a similar concept as the Greek's Classical Elements, it basically allows the user to either strength or weaken anything else. A wall of stone falls under the concept of 'Earth', and so can be shattered by Wood. A bolt of lightning falls under the concept of 'Fire', and so can be strengthened by Wood.

Hmm, I'll leave that to SN to comment on, I would be overstepping my bounds to reply to it, though I will say its interesting.

The objects and symbols are real physical things, they do not carry them so there's no worry in having them break or get lost. It's just a literal symbol that relates to the characters power.

As for the magic, there is no set system, only that it must match with your symbol. However, the limit is two major abilities. As for the ideas you have, while they are interesting they need a limit. If you have your character able to handle all those elements it would be too op considering with have characters who can only use one element such as the fire users. Or, two elements which relate such as my character who can do ice and water. You don't want your character being able to do everything that everyone else's can and also have some limits to them. That goes for everyone's characters and why there's weaknesses on the CS.

I made a post to move things along, it's not very good though because I couldn't think of much (my head colds bringing me down) but at least it keeps everything going.

Me and emp are giving others some time to post before we wrap up our stuff and head to the brief, we are still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back