Super Detailed Anime RP? (Interest Check, but mostly Group Plotting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to go with 2 because I really want familiars ;n;

On the other hand, 1 makes it easy to do the "no one is exactly good or evil" because, if there is an abundance, some people can believe that the only way to solve it is to sacrifice some people so there isn't so much magic.

It works for both, I think. In scenario 2, you'd sacrifice people in order to overload the magical 'plughole' - ie so much magic gets channeled through it that it blocks up, like drains can.

Reactions: Kitsune
It works for both, I think. In scenario 2, you'd sacrifice people in order to overload the magical 'plughole' - ie so much magic gets channeled through it that it blocks up, like drains can.
Oh, I didn't think about it this way ouo

In a way I think you could use characteristics of both 1 and 2. Say, in this other world where magic is around, the magic is decreasing causing the world to decay and that magic is going to Earth where the humans don't know about it, so they don't use it. The ones who go into the portal learn about the decaying world so they are the only ones who can bring the magic back into the world from Earth.

Perhaps, there's a reason for the magic going to Earth instead of it just doing it on it's own. That would create a "villain" if you wanted, like that person is the main cause of the decrease in magic. They could be doing it for some reason (maybe even they are actually human who found out a long time ago and wants to take the magic to Earth instead. Like, they lived in the magic world for a long time so gained the experience to be able to use the magic and sorts). It's a thought.

Reactions: Kitsune
AH.

What if we used 1 and, in order to fuse in 2, we go with Scarlet's idea of someone being the cause of it? So, to decrease the overabundance of magic, they send it to a random planet/world/dimension/whatever, and that happens to be Earth! But instead of a human, it's just someone from Errotria?

Unless there is more in favor for the human thing because I'm cool with that, too >3>

How about this then (since I'd rather not have an actual "villain"):

There's too much magic in Ettotria, and it's causing Ettotria to decay and become chaotic. Some Guy, let's call him Tim, figures out a way to seemingly remove magic from the world, so he puts this into effect and stabilises Ettotria. However, and Tim is not aware of this, the magic is getting sent to Earth, making Earth unstable. MC and co accidentally fall into a portal during an earthquake caused by the excess magic, end up in Ettotria and give themselves the task of telling Tim to stop sending magic to Earth?

How about this then (since I'd rather not have an actual "villain"):

There's too much magic in Ettotria, and it's causing Ettotria to decay and become chaotic. Some Guy, let's call him Tim, figures out a way to seemingly remove magic from the world, so he puts this into effect and stabilises Ettotria. However, and Tim is not aware of this, the magic is getting sent to Earth, making Earth unstable. MC and co accidentally fall into a portal during an earthquake caused by the excess magic, end up in Ettotria and give themselves the task of telling Tim to stop sending magic to Earth?
You put it into better words owo

I second this idea!

I like the idea, but we'll need a way for the MC to find out about the magic problem since it seems we're having it that humans on Earth don't know about it and thus a reason why they would help Ettotria in the first place. They could simply refuse to do all that, though, maybe we can have it where if they do save Ettotria they'll be able to get home back to Earth?

Would that idea only allow three people to RP?

I think there could be more. There could be the familiars, and the Tim (just using the name to make it clearer) guy later on. Perhaps even a few more people who join in the MC's party and the journey. I'm sure Kitsune might have some ideas for more characters.

maybe we can have it where if they do save Ettotria they'll be able to get home back to Earth?
...This was my plan all along ;n;

I think there could be more. There could be the familiars, and the Tim (just using the name to make it clearer) guy later on. Perhaps even a few more people who join in the MC's party and the journey. I'm sure Kitsune might have some ideas for more characters.
And, yeah, I do plan to have all of these characters, so there will be more than just three characters~ Along with my idea to have someone train them.

Do not fret @LoveandHate91

Its fine I was just asking.

Just saying, but I think the 'villain's' name should really be Tim.

I hath returned. So, I'll be reading through these current 4 pages what you guys have in mind. C: Unless someone can summarize for me, but since I'm a nice guy I won't waste your time typing. XD

What we've got so far:

Alternate world called Ettotria has too much magic (like magical overpopulation or something) and it's causing problems. Tim the Wizard finds a way to get rid of excess magic, but ends up sending it to Earth (he doesn't know this though). Now, Earth has magical problems, and MC and friends accidentally get sucked into Ettotria and are told by (someone) that they can only go home if they find a way to stop Tim. The characters are typically very weak, but are accompanied by magical familiars who they can use as weapons (Noragami style)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
What we've got so far:

Alternate world called Ettotria has too much magic (like magical overpopulation or something) and it's causing problems. Tim the Wizard finds a way to get rid of excess magic, but ends up sending it to Earth (he doesn't know this though). Now, Earth has magical problems, and MC and friends accidentally get sucked into Ettotria and are told by (someone) that they can only go home if they find a way to stop Tim. The characters are typically very weak, but are accompanied by magical familiars who they can use as weapons (Noragami style)
This is pretty solid. I think we've pretty much got our plot down.

The characters are typically very weak... Like the anime Grimgar? :D

Grimgar? I've never seen any of these animes ;n;

Is there anything else to plan?

I....don't think so...???

Does anyone see any holes in the plot so far? Things we need to tighten up?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kame
Status
Not open for further replies.