Super Detailed Anime RP? (Interest Check, but mostly Group Plotting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some have weapons and others have familiars?
That would be interesting or both in way. Like, a regalia thing (Noragami idea in a way, if you've seen or read that.)

That would be interesting or both in way. Like, a regalia thing (Noragami idea in a way, if you've seen or read that.)
I love Noragami!!! Hm, familiars that transform into weapons? That's also a Soul Eater thing (Meister and Weapon).

What does everyone else think?

Reactions: Kame
I think as long as it doesn't make them very strong; so like, yeah you might have a magic sword but you're still screwed because 1. you have no idea how to actually use a sword, 2. you don't know how to invoke its power properly.

I think it would be more fun to do a "swept along in the plot" thing than "Constantly beating everything through mindless physical violence". If the players can't rely on physical strength to defeat enemies, it's going to force us to think more carefully. If we can just smash everything, the different viewpoints of the different factions will likely become buried because instead of working out the factions' motives and convincing them to join forces, you're just whacking them with swords until they're too exhausted to resist.

Reactions: Kitsune
I was honestly thinking about anti-magic items like there are in skyrim. Not sure if you play it or not but there are shields in the game that when used creates a large ''ward'' or magical anti barrier in front of the shield to reflect or negate magical use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to play and sew what happens. I never plan I just let my character develop. I had a jump in rp on here years back and everyone creates their own lore. It ran by itself.

Eh, I'm not a fan of jump in. It can become way too chaotic.

Reactions: Kitsune and Kame
As long as it has a limit I'm cool with it. You know how weaker wards can only block a certain amount of damage and will break if a spell hits it that's stronger?

Reactions: Kame
Oooo you have me intrigued~

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I just want to play and sew what happens. I never plan I just let my character develop. I had a jump in rp on here years back and everyone creates their own lore. It ran by itself.
Eh, but that would go against the whole idea I have in mind ;n;

As long as it has a limit I'm cool with it. You know how weaker wards can only block a certain amount of damage and will break if a spell hits it that's stronger?
I like this as the limit to the shield! We could couple it with the familiar thing as well, or leave it as a completely inanimate object.

Speaking of the familiars, I was thinking that when they take damage as a weapon, it should show on them as a human. So, if a sword has been battered and has scars, then the human has old cuts and scars and pretty much looks worn out. Yes? No?

Speaking of the familiars, I was thinking that when they take damage as a weapon, it should show on them as a human. So, if a sword has been battered and has scars, then the human has old cuts and scars and pretty much looks worn out. Yes? No?
Yes. I like the idea of having it show on them. I believe it would honestly.

Umm excuse me but are you still looking for members?? I mean I shouldn't be asking this but I am interested in this rp. (I'll be reading the previous comments later once I get home)

Umm excuse me but are you still looking for members?? I mean I shouldn't be asking this but I am interested in this rp. (I'll be reading the previous comments later once I get home)
Weeelll, if you mean looking for help, then yes! We're welcoming anyone who wants to help build this roleplay with open arms~

On an unrelated note, I kind of just typed up a quick little something. It's not set into stone, of course, but...you know:

It is the year 2016. Life as we know it is, well, life as we know it. MC wishes differently, though. His/Her life is on the boring spectrum and he/she wishes for a change. He/She gets that change in the strangest form.

A portal.

Yes, one of those things that is all swirly, is, usually, purple, and is framed by a fancy arch of some decorative design. With all the glee in the world, MC informs all of his/her closest friends—which is really just two—about his/her discovery. In order to convince them further, he/she takes them to where the portal is, but hides when they see someone slip inside suspiciously. Despite SC#1's protesting, MC and SC#2 urge that they should follow, and end up entering the portal, along with a whole other world.

Ettotria is what it is called. And it looks a lot like Earth with many key differences. Immediately regretting their decision, the three turn to go back home—

Only to find that the portal has disappeared.

Now, here they are, stuck in an unfamiliar realm with no means to get out, or to defend themselves. To make matters even worse, they're suddenly roped into saving said world from its fall in exchange for their ticket back home.

~~~

MC = Main Character
SC = Side Character

Oh so this alternate earth is decaying correct? And the people lived there have like super powers?

Hmm, if Ettotria is decaying an they have powers, I suggest that they go look for allies if they were destined yo be the savior of Ettotria. Of course villains aren't left behind. What kind of villains are we creating anyway? Like are they human beings that posses dark magic? Or purely monsters that wants to destroy/recreate Ettotria?

Hmm, if Ettotria is decaying an they have powers, I suggest that they go look for allies if they were destined yo be the savior of Ettotria. Of course villains aren't left behind. What kind of villains are we creating anyway? Like are they human beings that posses dark magic? Or purely monsters that wants to destroy/recreate Ettotria?
We're going with there being no villains. All the "Villains" are just different factions with different methods of preventing Ettotria's death.

So let's do a review of what we've got so far so we don't get lost:

- MC and 2 friends get trapped in an alternate version of Earth (modern setting?) that has magic.
- This Ettotria is decaying, for some reason. (Perhaps a hole was created in reality and energy is draining out of it? The portals would be a side effect of this.)
- MC and friends for whatever reason get spirit familiars who can transform into weapons and provide barriers against magical attacks, although none of them really have any idea how to wield the weapons because they're just normal school children.

Now, we have more than 3 people here, so what other roles would there be? The 3 spirits if we make them human, but they wouldn't have any combat ability so I don't know how fun they'd be for people to play... I'm fine with playing a bunch of NPCs and Side Characters for plot advancement. Perhaps the creature that tells the kids they have to save the world?

We also need a reason they're being forced to save the world. Perhaps the energy lost from Ettotria is flooding into Earth's dimension, so these kids have a massive latent energy; enough to patch the hole in reality?

Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
We're going with there being no villains. All the "Villains" are just different factions with different methods of preventing Ettotria's death.

So let's do a review of what we've got so far so we don't get lost:

- MC and 2 friends get trapped in an alternate version of Earth (modern setting?) that has magic.
- This Ettotria is decaying, for some reason. (Perhaps a hole was created in reality and energy is draining out of it? The portals would be a side effect of this.)
- MC and friends for whatever reason get spirit familiars who can transform into weapons and provide barriers against magical attacks, although none of them really have any idea how to wield the weapons because they're just normal school children.

Now, we have more than 3 people here, so what other roles would there be? The 3 spirits if we make them human, but they wouldn't have any combat ability so I don't know how fun they'd be for people to play... I'm fine with playing a bunch of NPCs and Side Characters for plot advancement. Perhaps the creature that tells the kids they have to save the world?

We also need a reason they're being forced to save the world. Perhaps the energy lost from Ettotria is flooding into Earth's dimension, so these kids have a massive latent energy; enough to patch the hole in reality?
Ah, so we're making them school children. Alright.

Regards to roles, I actually have waaayyy too much in mind, I think. I mean, besides the trio and their familiars (which can be pretty fun if you think of how it's showcased in Soul Eater and Noragami), there is also the role of the person who teaches them how to handle their familiars?? Not only that, but the "villians" as well?? Just thoughts~

For the reasoning, I was going with the whole "you can get back home if you save our world". But that's pretty boring, huh? So we can definitely do something else, or go with what you stated.

We actually need a reason as to why Ettotria is even falling, or decaying, in the first place >_> I just noticed we didn't actual set one.

Well it's an anime-RP, we kind of have to... honestly though I thought that had already been mentioned. I'd be up for adults though too, could be more interesting actually if there was less irrational emotion-fueled "gotta save girls" characters.

As for the reason, I think "you can go home if you save the world" is fair enough, but so far they're just normal people. What makes normal people with zero combat or magical experience a better choice for saving the world than the magic-pros they already have? The only way of really doing that that I can think of would be giving them some kind of inherent magical ability, and the only way to do that that isn't cringeworthy is by implying that anyone from Earth would do, as long as they were from Earth.

I'm fine with either as well. I think we would still get irrational and emotion-fueled from adults as well, depending on how the player creates their character. So either is good for me.

So, if we did go said route, we'd have to give the magical abilities? I think that would be pretty nice to explain to them in the RP. Like, the person who assigns them the task informs them that everyone on Earth actually has magic, but it's just dormant. So they to find a way to awaken it.

But would they still have the familiars if they have their own means of defending themselves?

Well, what I was meaning was that for whatever reason, people from Earth just so happen to be really good at fixing problems. I'd rather not give them magical potential; only the ability to solve that specific problem.

I see two ways to go about this, depending on the setting we decide.

1. In a setting where the source of the decay is an abundance of magical energy, the sheer inability of Earth Humans to use magic makes them like empty boxes. They'd suck up all the evil magic and return the world to normal.
2. In a setting where the decay is caused by magical energy disappearing, it turns out this magical energy is being poured into Earth, and thus, the humans have to bring the magical energy back (but aren't capable of actually using it. They're sort of like batteries - useless on their own, but capable of powering other things).

2 can also blend in with the Familiar thing. Being 'magical batteries', perhaps they activate the latent abilities of the familiars?

Reactions: Kitsune
Status
Not open for further replies.