Super Detailed Anime RP? (Interest Check, but mostly Group Plotting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll throw in my two cents.
I'm thinking of something along the lines of a Vietnam/Korea-esque conflict, but set in Japan, during an alternate-history Cold War.
Hokkaido would be controlled by the Soviets and Honshu (plus some other islands) are under the protection of the United Nations.

And maybe some of the characters can have superpowers or whatever.

I'll throw in my two cents.
I'm thinking of something along the lines of a Vietnam/Korea-esque conflict, but set in Japan, during an alternate-history Cold War.
Hokkaido would be controlled by the Soviets and Honshu (plus some other islands) are under the protection of the United Nations.

And maybe some of the characters can have superpowers or whatever.
Eh, I'm not much of a fan of history related RPs.

@Shounen Senpai Do you have any suggestions for the plot? I think we have a bit of a foundation and are just building on it now.

I've got none at the moment, but I'm thinking. Wait for me to fully process my brain which wont be until after the end of the week due to exams, projects and thesis. Cx

What have we got so far? I'm interested but too lazy to read it all.

What have we got so far? I'm interested but too lazy to read it all.
Sorry for the late reply!

So far we've got the setting, which will be a mix of Tokyo, London, and a big American city. The culture is also a blend, but probably more Asian and American.

The genres for the plot is Modern, Action & Adventure, and a bit (that might go into a lot) of Fantasy. I think it's decided that we'll be building around the cliché plot of the Main Character finding out about a world that was hidden away from them, despite it being apart of their past.

Some other random ideas are:
  • Having a plot twist like the MC is destined to be evil, but becomes good or vice versa.
  • Having either full-blown fanatsy or just a little bit sprinkled into it.
  • Introducing the MC to the new world via prophecy, coming of age, tragedy, etc.
I think that's it...?

50 minutes isn't "late" lol :D

I think depending on how cliche you want this to be, it should be pretty easy to make, then.

If you want cliche: Destined evil but becomes good will do nicely, or the other, and any of prophecy, coming of age or tragedy are adequately cliche too.

If you want unique: Don't have "evil" and "good". Have every force work for it's own motives but none of those motives be inherently good or evil. No organisation in real life would really exist solely to make people miserable, nor would any organisation exist solely to prevent the organisation that makes people miserable. Maybe the "evil" team are trying to save the world from some monstrous plague but thinks the only way of doing so is through sacrifice, and maybe the good guys have found an alternate method and want to try and prevent the evil team from killing people but aren't very good at persuading them? As for how the whole thing gets the MC wrapped up in it, I'd be tempted to go with 'accidentally getting caught up in it'. Perhaps a good guy and a bad guy are fighting and she's walking by and happens to pick up something that's important to the plot and refuses to give it back so they take her along for the ride?

Reactions: Kitsune
The unique aspect sounds really fun. It's all about perspective and people would have to keep that in mind as they roleplay.

Exactly.

Reactions: Kitsune
Ah, it also seems kind of difficult to pull off? But I think everyone would manage.

Hmm, I think I'll go with the unique route >_> Just gotta put it into words and such now.

I wanna join in... do i have to build with you guys or can i just join and play when it starts?

I think any help would be appreciated. It's pretty difficult to make a world in which every "evil" force can also be viewed as "good" and every "good" force can also be viewed as "evil".

Well... Alright i'll help some, but be mindful i don't feel good.

Personally, I'd prefer more fantasy than less, but as a setting rather than about the characters - so the characters would be normal humans introduced to a world with magic and they have to use their intuitive to survive rather than gaining dubious magic powers and just blasting everything with fireballs.

So... people with no powers have to survive against people that do?

Yeah. Sounds interesting, right?

I know there is a lot of interest, but reading about the discussions of plot are looking great so far, so i would love to collaborate with you all!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I would say that the people with no powers would still need a way to defend themselves, or eventually defend themselves like with some kind of weapon of sorts or gaining some type of magic through an object. Maybe even a familiar in this case like Crow mentioned where they had to gain one. But, this is just a suggestion. I've been keeping up with this and talking with Kitsune a bit about it, so I hope you don't mind me suddenly jumping in here.

I would say that the people with no powers would still need a way to defend themselves, or eventually defend themselves like with some kind of weapon of sorts or gaining some type of magic through an object. Maybe even a familiar in this case like Crow mentioned where they had to gain one. But, this is just a suggestion. I've been keeping up with this and talking with Kitsune a bit about it, so I hope you don't mind me suddenly jumping in here.
A familiar would be nice, but I also like the idea of them having magical weapons. Maybe both would be nice. Some have weapons and others have familiars?

Status
Not open for further replies.