Status
Not open for further replies.
Klara continues to smile up to Craig, her hand folded behind her back. She nods to Craig's words "Pappa worked on the docks loadin an unloadin ships. So mebbe ya seen him once!" She seems to smile a little more when he says her name, or more likely that it was nice to meet her. She likes little compliments like that, even if they are just for courtesy.And it's odd how there is no mention of her mother.

"Mine was pretty easy… when I appeared in this world it was near Reyric, which is a Zylrel settlement." She might be just a tween, but she speaks with an intelligence one would expect from someone older. "They thought I was a Maleese in their lands… but I was able ta understand their words without any aid. That's what" she motions to herself "my ability is. I understand any language I hear. What 'bout you, sirrah?" She now motions up to Craig "Do you know if you have any abilities here? Most Strangers do… kinda rare for 'em not ta." She says with an enthusiastic nod.

Craig shrugs at the question asked by Klara. He didn't know what his power was, but maybe he could figure it out. It wouldn't take long for Craig to respond to Klara's question. He was curious himself whether he had a power or not, maybe Craig was the rare case of no powers. But if there was a way to find out, he would want to know.

"I don't know, I haven't noticed anythang different with myself." Craig says as he ponders on the thought of what his power could be. "Is there a way ta find out?" Craig asks the girl.

Craig hadn't asked this question before, or at least didn't want to ask. Now he felt comfortable asking the question he had held back from asking before. At least now his question wouldn't come off suspicious, or at least not as suspicious.

Inv: Revolver with 12 rounds, a hunting knife, a box of matches, a canteen,a compass, and fifteen dragon scales.

Kassim listened intently as the king spoke, and when the king guessed that Kassim might have been testing him, Kassim gave a small smile. The man was smart, Kassim liked that. But he wouldn't just admit it right now, it's too early to give himself away like that. Instead, after the king had finished, Kassim spoke. "Nor do I, for I have no intention of harming anyone today. Especially not the king, and for no true reason at that." Kassim seemed to relax more as he continued.

This will be interesting indeed., Kassim thought.

"As you have honored my dangerous little request, I will keep my word as well." He now raises his head, looking right at the king. "You've probably noticed that I don't carry around a servant's tools." Kassim motions to the crossed knife sheathes on his lower back, which the king likely saw when the group entered the throne room. "This is because I am often given... other assignments from my master." Kassim was being vague, but he was sure an intelligent man such as the king would get the gist. But there is one thing the king had said earlier that made Kassim curious. "Now... what was that you said about paranormal powers?"

@Camleen

~Klara~
Her head tilts a little to one side as he says he hasn't noticed any powers yet. She watches him curiously, giving thought to what she has seen already in regards to Strangers. Speed, linguistics, psychological manipulation amongst others. "Not all abilities… well they ain't all real flashy or nothing." she shrugs a little to him, her tone one almost of pity. "There's no… test… or anything that is done, really. Just observation, sometimes just luck. Some abilities are only used with specific conditions." like Battle Precognition.

"Maybe you just haven't been in a place yet where it's used." Her eyes glance towards his waist, and then she speaks once more as her eyes move to his "An mebbe ya wanna be careful with yer futuristic like pistol… things like that have been nothin but bad here.. there's nothing like those native to this world.."

~King Edward the Fifth~
As Kassim starts to speak, the King lets out a little satisfied smile. Just to show Kassim he is pleased that he won't be harming anyone today. That's always good news for a King. Especially when you're the only one that could be harmed.

He nods to Kassim when he says he will keep his word, and he begins to explain himself. His eyes move to the knives Kassim gestures in regard to, and he now sits up a little in his throne. He keeps his gaze upon the man as Kassim falls silent. Then casually he sets his sceptor upon the floor at the side of his throne, leaning it against said throne. "Paranormal, yes. But first, a bit more truth." He stares at the sceptor a few moments as he speaks, his gaze slowly drawing towards Kassim. "Cretes… one of my lead White Shield Guard… noted the knives upon your person when you entered the city gates. And your companions weapons. The more advanced weapons. So both of you have been carefully watched. There are safeguards in place for this Court, just in case you were to indeed attack me." He now brushes his hands off absently as he continues "A wise man always makes sure the odds are in his favor, even when he is the only one aware of them. Cretes suspected you were a fighter of some sort. And it seems he was right." He then claps his hands together as he stands, his robes swaying with his form. "Enough business, then. Paranormal powers."

His hands fold behind his back as he now turns towards one of the vast wall like windows adorning this grand room. "When someone emerges in our world from yours, from Earth" he glances towards Kassim when he says that, and then he looks back towards the windows, towards the vast landscape of the kingdom outside of said windows. "They are termed Strangers. And thus far, nearly every single Stranger has possessed abilities they did not have in their home world." He pauses, and he then turns slowly to face Kassim from the top of those stairs. "There have been rare exceptions. But we expect every Stranger to possess power. I say power, because these abilities are more than extraordinary. I have witnessed a woman from Earth heft a boulder" he now stretches his arms out at his sides "as wide as mine arms with ease." he then motions to the closed door "Little Klara, our newest White Guard, she is from your world. She understands any language set before her, even those of animals." His hands lower to his sides now, and once more fold behind his back. "This land, like all lands, has rules and laws, sirrah. But…" he now smiles as he motions again towards the door "Those are things we can discuss once everyone has gathered once more." Casually now he moves to his throne, sitting upon it as he sighs in a relaxed manner. "Have we satisfied one another's curiosity, my friend? I do hope I can call you that. I think we have a better understanding of one another, yes?"

Craig laughs, he hadn't really put any thought into how the people of this land would feel about his revolver. In fact he had almost forgot that he took it from that Sheriff. Craig then speaks.

"Oh this little thang? I almost forgot I was carryin it." he says as he makes an effort to conceal his firearm. "I guess I'll just have ta figure out if I have any fancy powers like ya said." Craig continues as he leans against the hallway walls.

This conversation was good for Craig, it made him feel more comfortable about the situation he had found himself in. This could really be his second chance at life, he could undo all the past mistakes he made. He had so much he felt he could offer to this world. So many things he could teach these people. Craig smiled and contemplated upon these thoughts. It had been obvious to Craig that for a very long time he had nothing to fight for, but now maybe he could find something.

Inv: Revolver with 12 rounds, a hunting knife, a box of matches, a canteen,a compass, and fifteen dragon scales.

As Craig moves to lean on the wall, Klara moves right up next to him. She leans on the wall also, folding her hands behind her head as she looks up to him. "Cretes prolly knows ya have it." She says softly, motioning to his pistol. "We've seen things like it before.. usually bad things happen when we see one." She sincerely hopes that isn't the case here. She barely (at all) knows Craig, but she likes him so far.

"Just…" she starts as she stares up at him, seeming to hesitate in her words. "Just don't become an Ender. Those are Strangers that wanna hurt people here. An' it's okay if ya don't have no kind of power. If'n ya wanna serve Linia… serve our King like I do" she says that last part rather proudly "you don't need ta have a power. Just a want ta help peoples. Ya know, be friends'n all!" She says with a wide smile, not seeming to shy with her words.

Kassim listened with interest as the king talked about powers. So that was how Klara could speak with him... His eyes widened at the mention of the boulder-lifting woman.

Remind me not to anger her, Kassim thought.

"Yes, I believe that is all, King of Linia. Oh, and by the way, what you described as foolhardy earlier," Kassim paused, "was entirely my aim." He now stood so that he would not imply that he was above any of the people who would be coming back into the room and not sitting in a chair. It was quite a big thing back in Arabia, especially for an acolyte. He now bowed only a little, as a sign of respect. "I apologize for wasting both your time and theirs, forgive me."

@Camleen

Craig had been taken away at her distress, and it made him feel bad for her. Do most strangers end up being what she described as an Ender? Craig had asked this question to himself, almost unsure of where he would end up on the spectrum. Surely back on Earth he'd be considered an Ender, but here he had a choice now. He could undo all past mistakes and start a new. There was just one thing that gnawed at Craig.

Craig was never one to follow suit, he was hot headed and would tend to make rash decisions on a whim. This is what ultimately led to the life he had back on Earth. Craig didn't want to go back to that, but would it be inevitable? These were questions Craig would now constantly ask himself. Craig would then look down at Klara and with an almost synthetic smile he spoke.

"None of these folk have done me wrong, they've only shown me kindness and respect." Craig then looks away from Klara. "Whats to gain from violence anyways?" Craig says to the girl hoping this would ease her mind.

Of course Craig knew that he was a hypocrite for saying that, as for most of his life his only option was that of violence. Even when no physical scars were left, the lives he ruined with words alone would have been enough to send him straight to hell. But There's no time to dabble upon the past...

Last edited by a moderator:
The King makes a dissmissive motion as he smiles to Kassim. "No, no. I am pleased we were able to have this dialogue. I am pleased I was able to aleviate any apprehensions you might have had towards me… towards this new world for you." He nods once more, and his eyes move towards the large closed doors at the end of the throne room, and he heavily taps the floor next to him with the butt end of his sceptor, it creating an echoing klacking sound that resonates along the room softly.

With a widening smile Klara listens intently to Craig's words. She seems utterly pleased with the sentiment, she is really starting to feel he's a genuinely good man. But then, that's all a matter of perception, isn't it? "I'm real happy that you've been treated good here so far. Some can't say that, and that gives 'em another reason to not be so good to others around them. Well… excuse more than reason, I spose…" She shrugs a little as she continues to look up towards him… and it's about then the group hears the echo klank of the scepter through the closed doors. Immediately Cretes steps forward and pushes open the doors, his keen eyes looking for Kassim just as immediately. He often fears the worst in situations like this. Klara would glance over her shoulder as the door is opened, as Kaladesh enters behind Cretes. Back to Craig she looks, motioning him to follow as she turns and kind of skips into the throne room once more. "C'mon!"

As the group enters the throne room, King Edward motions to them, and then towards Kassim. "This man, while Stranger, is one to be trusted by this court. Let it be known." He finishes as he sits back upon the elegant throne. Kaladesh and Cretes both glance towards Kassim, Kaladesh speaking subtly. "Of course, your Highness." His tone tells of him not being happy about that. "And his companion, he has shown naught but peace since he came to these lands. We shall put our trust to him also." The King says as he motions to Craig. The King seems to know much of what had happened since Kassim and Craig first entered this world. "With that… this court shall answer any questions they can for these new Strangers. In addition… this court would offer them both a place amongst my elite. The White Shield Guard." He motions towards Cretes, whom Klara now stands next to proudly. "Accept a place in the Guard, and you will be spared scrutiny by the Red Shield Guild. And other factions one might encounter in those dangerous lands outside of this Kingdom. You would act as keepers of the peace, and as representatives of this court and its ideals." King Edward motions to both Kassim and Craig "You both have equal standing within this court. Please, voice your questions or concerns."

Craig follows Klara into the throne room surprised the strange man didn't do anything that would anger these people. Craig would then listen intently to the kings words. He would analyze every little thing the king said, and of those things, a name, stood out. Craig had been warned about the Red Shield by Bowie far before he had met all these people. Beyond this Craig began to wonder how such a king keeps his subjects in place.

Craig wasn't new to whole something too good to be true idea, but if Craig was to learn of how to survive in this new world this would be how. Craig then steps out and begins to speak.

"I am no companion of this man, we just happened to stumble upon each other." Craig says to the king in a completely different tone compared to when he spoke to Klara. "As for standing with the White Shield, I'd feel honored work for you" Craig says proudly. "I have only but one concern, before I came into contact with your kingdom I had met a man who warned me of the Red Shield." Craig says with concern. "I would like to know exactly who they are and what they do and why I was told I should be afraid of them." Craig then steps back assuring that this was the last thing he had to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.