1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..

Prologue

The carriage carrying Craig and Kassim moves through a darkened forest, Keldar himself seeming quiet the whole of the time. He would spend his time absently smacking his worn gloves against his knee, staring out of the windows. In case it wasn't brutally obvious to the two humans, he wasn't exactly thrilled with this assignment. He almost seemed to have a certain… disdain directed in the general direction of Craig and Kassim. On occasion his attention would be diverted towards some of the fauna they pass along the road… what look like cows and deer moving along their own way.

But slowly the forest itself seems to get more sparse, the road they travel upon seeming to get more firm as it transitions gradually from dirt trail to a more stone embedded path. They do travel north, in the direction the Palerme had directed them. Though it's possible Kassim and Craig wouldn't be aware of that.

As they more and more clear the forest, they would see in the distance to the east a great mountain range. Peaks for as far as the eye could see. Staring out at the mountains, Keldar lets out an annoyed sigh and motions towards those distant and majestic peaks "That is the territory of the Forlers. Grand beasts, they are. Some say they are the most ancient of our world. But who knows. If they are such an old society, one must question why they keep themselves at arm's length from modern and cultured society." He laughs gently at a little joke in his head, glancing to Kassim and Craig "Well, wings length I would suppose." Another soft sigh and he looks back towards those mountains. "We aren't far from His Majesty's lands." Now his gaze moves to them. "Questions?" He would suppose that is more directed towards Craig, since he's not sure Kassim would even be able to understand him as yet.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/members/15074/
Tagging: @Goodtvus, @Oryx, @Takashi

[If interested in joining our group, please myself or @Ms.Ezra me for details.]

Peace before the storm-

Craig looks towards Keldar and with a grin Craig begins to reply...

"You say wings length, what exactly are these 'ancient ones' you speak of? Also if you don't mind me askin, how do you go about finding out if we're dangerous?" Craig asks Keldar as he looks around at the scenery.

Craig would then think while waiting for the man to speak, there could only be a few ways this could turn out and almost all of them are worrying to Craig. In one scenario they could deem Craig "Dangerous", and then kill or throw him cell. On the other hand they could find Craig not dangerous and then they'd just put him to work somewhere. Both of these scenario's didn't mess well with Craig... as coming from the wild west Craig didn't take well to people telling him where he belongs or how he should live. The suspense was killing him and even though Craig was hiding it pretty well it didn't change how he felt about it.

Reactions: Gands
Keldar remains quiet as Craig speaks, keeping his eyes cast towards the outside of their carriage. But as Craig asks his question, he looks towards him. He speaks with something of an indignant tone, one of his brows perking up "The Ancient Ones are none of your concern, frankly. The Red Shield Guild specializes in such things. We have many means at our disposal. If you mean no harm to our world, you will be treated in a civil manner." His eyes rest upon Craig a moment, and then a soft bell is heard from outside the carriage. "Finally" he utters, leaning towards his window and looking out.

The carriage would come to a halt, and the doors open. Keldar slides out of the carriage, motioning Craig and Kassim to follow him. Before them… a tall wall with men posted atop it. A grand gate (currently open of course) just in front of the carriage. Men and women in armor start to congregate along the main gate, each whispering to one another as they stare at Kassim and Craig. Passed the gates, they would see people going about their daily lives. It looks like something out of a Tolkein fiction, really. Like something out of a medieval painting. Humans, yes of course. But citizens of other races also… beings that resemble what humans would call orcish, elvish, dwarven, the catlike Barbin race… and a few of the Palerme, the 'wolf people' the posse had already come across.

Just passed the gate seems to be a very large village. But passed that, high atop a hill lies a grand castle… Keldor speaks as he starts towards the gate. "Welcome… to the Kingdom of Linia. May it forever serve the people."
bojnice%20castle.jpg

But​

76e69d67-b73e-4e60-b546-084c1296c876.png
No sooner does the little group pass through the main gates… another small group approaches them. The citizens seem to almost part ways to let the group of 3 men, 2 women… and a child (that can't be more than 12)… through. The adults of the group all wear light armor made of glistening metal, each with a sword hanging at their hip and a shield upon their back. The child, she smiles widely as she walks with them, her hands folded behind her back. She has long light shaded hair tied with a ribbon, and she wears garb that one of the normal citizens would wear. But all of them do wear a badge, a badge of metal colored white. Craig and Kassim would hear Keldar groan as they approach, and Keldar motions the Posse to come to a stop. Keldar clears his throat and puts on one of the fakest smiles you could ever imagine, and he approaches the new group. "Ah, Squire Cretes." The man in lead of the group folds his arms behind his back as he smiles softly, speaking in a calmed tone. "Knight Cretes now, actually. It is good to see you again, Keldar." Cretes then looks towards Craig and Kassim, still smiling "This is them, then?" Keldar narrows his eyes, and steps closer to Cretes. "This is Red Shield Guild business, Knight. When you ar-" But Keldar is cut off as one of the women steps up, her hand at her sword. Keldar takes an immediate step back, staring at the woman. Clearly intimidated.

Cretes rests a hand on the little girl's shoulder as he smiles kindly, and he then motions to Craig and Kassim. "Klara, if you would." She looks up to Cretes and nods, her big green eyes moving back towards Craig and Kassim. She strides towards them, her hands folded behind her back. ("Greetings! Welcome! We're so happy to have you here!") Craig would hear her chipper voice in English… Kassim would hear her chipper voice in perfect Arabic. She motions to herself as she continues. ("I'm Klara, and these are my friends from the White Shield Guard!") Each of the White Shield Guard bows to them respectfully. Klara gasps softly, and bows also, giggling a little. ("Sorry Cretes, sir!") As Cretes stands, he chuckles lightly. "Quite alright, little one. Please, continue." He motions to Craig and Kassim, and Klara looks back to them as she clears her throat. ("Good King Edward would like to meet both of you! He is… really nice. You'll love him! When I got here, he gave me a new beeeeed and nice cloooothes") She motions to the brown and blue dress she wears. But Cretes speaks up in a soft tone… the other members of the White Shield Guard chuckling gently. "Klara, focus please." Klara's eyes widen, and she nods promptly. Looking back towards Kassim and Craig, smiling widely up to them. ("So please come with us!") She nods once more to them.
Keldar… he has been silent for this whole time. He starts to say something, but Cretes beats him to it. "That will be all, Keldar. Feel free to tell your masters that the White Shield Guard have asked these" he motions to Kassim and Craig "Strangers to be guests of your King." He emphasizes that last word, looking towards Keldar out of the corner of his eyes. Keldar, to his credit, doesn't just explode with anger. And humiliation. He just speaks, though his anger is barely held in check. "Of course, Knight. We live to serve our King." He half bows, and turns to walk away quickly, his hands in fists at his sides.

While the others of the White Guild Guard watch Keldar move off, Cretes keeps his focus on Kassim and Craig. "Gentlemen, anything we can answer for you before we head to the castle proper? King Edward is quite excited to meet you both. But no need to go in there blind." Klara looks over her shoulder towards Cretes, and then she looks back towards Kassim and Craig as she speaks. ("He wants to know if you've anything to ask of us before we meet King Edward. And he's excited to finally meet you both.")

Strange Greetings-

Craig looks around in amazement at the diversity and beauty of Linia, and so absorbed by it that he doesn't pay attention to whats going on. It isn't until Craig is asked if he had any questions that he starts paying attention. With a clear of his throat Craig speaks up.

"If I could ask, who are the Ancient Ones and what will happen after we meet the king" Craig asks the group. Craig then continues further "And are ya'll with the Red Shield?".

After Craig's questions he would continue to look around noticing the wolf people he had encountered in the forest that had gotten him in this situation. Along with cat looking people as well and anything else to him looked alien in fact almost everything was new to him here almost. What were the laws? What was socially acceptable? And the biggest question he had been trying to answer this whole time was what would they do if they found Craig dangerous? All of these questions overwhelmed Craig, and it was obvious that he felt uneasy about the whole situation.

Another thing that crossed his mind, what happened to Felix? Why didn't they kill him? It was variables like this that made Craig confused.

During the carriage ride, Kassim merely looked through the windows at the scenery as they passed througn. It was really all he could do, the blue man clearly wasn't enjoying this, Craig was speaking to the blue man, and neither of them would've understood a word had Kassim spoken anyway.

Once they had reached a city and gotten out of the carriage, Kassim couldn't help but let out a gasp. He was in awe at this place, its high stone walls and massive gates, its colorful merchant stalls, it's... people? And all of a sudden, as Kassim saw all of the different beings in the area, his awe turned to fear. He definitely wasn't in his own world anymore, but then... where was he?

Kassim had been so caught up in thought that he had hardly noticed the small group of people walk up to them, and had missed the conversation between the blue man and an armored man. Not that he would've understood any of it anyway, which is probably why he was so surprised when he heard the girl speaking in perfect Arabic. All the way down to dialect, no less! And since this was the first time he could actually understand anyone, he payed careful attention. And when she had finished and asked if there were any important questions, Kassim took his chance.

"al'abyad aldarae alharas...? 'aya shakhs akhar yatakalam lighty? hal hnak muealam huna? 'iinah 'amr muzeaj lilghayat la yafhamuh ahd... (White Shield Guard...? Anyone else speak my language? Is there a teacher here? It is annoying that nobody understands...)"

Cretes' head tilts a little to one side when Craig asks of the ancient ones. It takes him a moment to think, then he snaps his fingers. Well as best he can with the gauntlet he's wearing. "Ancient ones… you must mean the Forler." He motions in a southwestern direction as he speaks. "They live amongst the vast mountains. Gigantic creatures, full of wisdom and magics. When my people" he motions to himself now "The Maleese were just perfecting control of fire, the Forler were already an ancient race. It's said they were the first race." He smiles as Craig asks more questions "An inquisitive one, good! That's what we're here for, to help answer your questions in this new world, my good man. What will happen after you meet the King… well that would be up to His Highness, of course. But you've no need to fear. He is a benevolent ruler." But he has to chuckle a little with Craig's last question, the other members of his group chuckling at the same time. "No no, we're not really associated with the Red Shield Guild. They are largely an independent entity that serves at the pleasure of King Edward and King Richard. Those of the White Shield Guard serve the kings themselves. We are their elite force, we exist to aid Strangers when they appear. But…" he makes a dismissive motion "there's no need for me to go into everything yet. You just arrived."

As Cretes addresses Craig… Klara has been occupied with Kassim. She now steps closer to him, wanting to make sure he has her whole attention. Sometimes she gets distracted easily. She motions towards the group she is with, and the small badge she wears ("That's who we are, sir. We serve King Edward, who we're going to take you to meet soon.") She speaks in a sincere tone, a small frown upon her lips. ("I don't know of anyone else that can speak your words without a medallion. I'm very sorry, I know it can be frustrating. Just be patient please, okay?") She nods to him, sympathy in her eyes. ("We'll see if we can help ya with the words thingy, we've helped people before.)

Klara then looks towards Cretes as the other members of their group start to move off. "Klara" Cretes says in a firm tone "See if they need food or water… and then we're taking them to see King Edward. He wishes to meet them." Klara nods and hops up and down a little, her eyes cast towards Craig and Kassim now ("Do either of you want anything ta eat or drink? We can do it before you meet the King. King Edward is excited to meet you!") She now turns and motions them to follow ("Come on!") She holds her hand out to Kassim, since she thinks he needs more personal attention. Because of the language barrier, she knows he's mad. Or upset, at least. And part of her job with the White Shield is helping new Strangers to feel more comfortable. And she's adorable, so who wouldn't be cheered up! Of course, he may not take her hand at all. If they do need to eat or drink something, that's where Klara would take them first. To the White Shield Guard barracks. But after that…

They will have an audience with King Edward the Fifth.

Strange Greetings-

Craig smiles, "Thank you partner, I think I'm good on food but I am mighty thirsty!" Craig says in response to the offer. "Now that I thing of it, I haven't drank a single thing since last night" Craig continues on showing more confidence in his voice.

It wouldn't be long until Craig started to ease up and become more comfortable with the group he was currently with. It was a feeling of nostalgia rolling with a group of people and feeling safe. It wouldn't last long though, it would quickly fade as Craig would realize again that he is not apart of the group. He is a guest, and possibly soon to be prisoner.

Craig clears his throat and begins to speak, "Say, I heard from another stranger I met before all this happened that the Red Shield were bad news".

Craig would ask this question carefully as he didn't know the relations between this group and the Red Shield.

Kassim listened intently as the girl spoke. So there was nobody else who spoke Arabic... that is quite unfortunate. But what interested Kassim more was that they would be meeting the ruler of this place soon. Kassim didn't have the best experience with men in power, but he would keep that under wraps for now.

He then went on to answer her. " la, last bihajat 'iilaa 'ayi shay' ealaa wajh alkhusus alan. (No, I do not need anything in particular right now.)" And then he just looked down at her offered hand, he wasn't even sure how to react. Sure most people born differently than himself could be this carefree, but Kassim had already taken his first life when he was even younger than this child looked. And they had only just met, so he wasn't about to trust her. He shot her one of those looks looks that seemed to say 'I'm sorry, but I can't.'

Then he merely stood and waited to follow these people wherever they might lead.

@Goodtvus @Oryx @Camleen

Now Cretes motions the group to follow him as he turns, a smile upon his lips. Klara doesn't seem to take offense to Kassim's refusal of her hand, she knows how some are. She just continues to smile a friendly smile to him, nodding as she too turns to follow Cretes. But she stays close to Kassim, knowing he won't be able to understand any of the language yet.

"A Stranger you spoke to…" Cretes starts as he walks, Craig and Kassim close (he surmises). "Perhaps you can share the name of this Stranger. But the bit about the Red Shield Guild being 'bad news'… I would suppose it's all a matter of perspective." He glances over his shoulder as they move towards a large stone building, one built into a vast wall. "They seek to study the phenomenon of Strangers and their appearance. Study, categorize… sometimes with malice." He makes a dismissive motion "Forgive me, that last part is personal opinion." And as he speaks, Klara translates and explains everything Cretes says, wanting to make sure Kassim knows exactly what's going on. "But with the White Shield Guard… we do not wish to examine you or your motives. We offer… opportunity." He says with a nod, now opening the door the stone building.

("But all of that would be explained by the good King.")
Klara says in a bubbly tone. Cretes smiles and nods, motioning the group inside. "That's right, Klara. I wish not to steal any of his thunder, as it were. Come, friends. Let us have refreshments before your meeting." Within the building is several long tables, all of them with various chairs around them. If you didn't know better, you would almost think it some kind of medieval cafeteria. And upon one of the longer tables, pitchers of drink of various colors. Exotic looking fruits and vegetable in wooden bowls, cooked meat upon silver platters. It looks like quite the exquisite meal. "Please, help yourselves. Our home is yours." Cretes says as he sits at one of the chairs. Klara motions to the table as she smiles upon to Kassim. ("It's all safe ta eat'n drink. Take as much as you'd like, please!") As if to prove the point, Cretes grasps one of the fruits and takes a bite, breathing in deep as he does. It happens to be what's known commonly as a 'booze fruit'. He motions it towards Craig and Kassim, as if to demonstrate he hasn't died of some kind of poison or anything. "Now, please indulge of me my new friends. From what years are either of you from? I've met a vast array of Strangers, from all different eras of your world. One of the first intelligent humans was perhaps the most fascinating…"

Tagging: @Goodtvus, @Oryx, @Takashi

Reactions: Takashi
Drinks, refreshments had been served and enjoyed by most of those gathered within the hall. Cretes wished to dialogue more, with Klara acting as translator. Klara seemed very at ease with Kassim, seeming to enjoy being able to translate for him. Perhaps it was a tinge of sympathy that she acts towards him as she does. Perhaps at one time, she was as lost and out of place as he seems to be.

But the time had come to get down to business.

The meal ended, curious onlookers all around. Beings of so many different races. Only a select few seeming anything near human. The small group was lead out of the feasting hall and into a vast courtyard. The walls surrounding said courtyard are dotted with more onlookers, all curious as news of the Strangers arrival had traveled quickly. Klara smiles widely to all those they pass, and occasionally even waves to some. Most of those gathered seem to react positively to the little strange parade, but they are all also cautious. With Strangers come the chance of chaos. They now are lead towards what is clearly one of the main buildings off of the courtyard, it's large ornate doors guarded by large orc like creatures wearing heavy armor. Neither of them even afford the Strangers a glance, seeming focused intently on their duties.

Through the doors they travel, and down a wide hallway. Pillars line the hallway itself, each pillar decorated with art depicting heroic actions or feats of kindness by a man wearing a crown. The pillars are laden with gold trim, it matching much of the hallway itself. The hallway is almost 30 feet wide, the ceiling nearly 50 feet up. Murals line the ceiling itself, though it's hard to make out some of it. But much of what is seen depicts creatures of all sorts of differing forms, some clearly not human. All of them surrounding what looks like an abstract drawing of the castle they are within, a golden light being emitted from the castle itself.

The end of the hallway approaches, and they come upon another door. This one blue in color, no guards this time. Just a man and a woman in what could almost be considered cleric robes. "Patrons, the Strangers have arrived. We would have audience with good King Edward." The clerics turn as one, and push the door open. Light shimmers through the door as it is pushed ajar, and the clerics then step in. A moment later, Cretes motions Kassim and Craig to follow him into the throne room itself.

It's a massive room, beautifully decorated. Near one of the pillars is a cleric like figure, scrawling notes in a thick tome. He is taller than most others there, topping out at almost 7 feet, his ears long and pointed. And upon the throne at the end of the room sits the King… there is no mistaking he is the King. He sits leaning to one side on the throne, a cleric at his side sharing some notes. But as the Strangers enter, he looks up from the notes. His eyes widen and now he pushes himself to his feet as he calls out. "Ah! The guests of the hour! Welcome welcome!" Cretes and Klara stop on either side of Kassim and Craig, and they both bow as one as the King starts down the steps from the throne. He smiles widely as he motions to them. "How glorious to be in the presence once more with those of your ilk!" The cleric at the King's side seems to sigh and rushes to keep up with the suddenly mobile King, speaking in a whisper to him. And the King kind of makes a dismissive motion as he gets to the bottom of the steps. "Nonsense. These are the Kingdom's honored and brave guests. Etiquette can be bent a little here and now." He carries in his left hand a scepter, its golden finish shimmering gently against the light cascading from the wall of windows behind the throne.

He stops about 15 feet before the small group (which by now has thinned out to only Craig, Kassim, Cretes and Klara). Cretes and Klara each drop to a knee out of respect for the King, but he quickly motions them up with a soured look on his face. "Up, up. I think we've had enough etiquette and protocol for one day." His face lightens as he smiles, motioning to the Strangers. "Friends, I bid you welcome to the grand Kingdom of Linia. I rule these lands, in the name of the people and in the name of justice and prosperity. I am King Edward the Fifth. Please, tell me your names so we might acquainted upon be on best terms." Craig reluctantly gives his name, seeming uncomfortable. But… Klara glances to Kassim, and quickly speaks up. ("Sire… he doesn't understand our language.") Her tone a sympathetic one. The King looks to Klara, then to Kassim, then to Klara. "That is unacceptable." He now looks to Kassim, and gives a half glance over his shoulder. "Kaladesh." The cleric that had been near the throne now hurries to the King's side, nodding. "Sire." The King then looks Kassim in the eyes as he speaks once more. "The Avados artifact, please." Kaladesh immediately shakes his head, speaking in a perturbed tone. "Sire I must object! That was presented to you in pe-" The King looks to his cleric, and speaks in a firm tone. "Your objection is noted. The artifact, please." The cleric seems to freeze with the King's gaze, and without a word he moves behind the king. He reaches up and unlatches one of the ornate necklaces the King wears. The King holds his right hand out to his side, and the cleric drops the necklace in it. Now with a smile he holds the necklace out to Kassim. "Please, take this. Consider it a gift of welcome from the King of these lands. A King that would humbly seek allies in both of you." He glances to Klara, and she looks up to Kassim as she smiles widely. ("He's offering you his medallion. Please, take it.") And if Kassim does, the moment he touches it the King speaks once more. But now Kassim will hear the King's words in his own native tongue.

"None in my land will go without understanding another. Such is the way of peace and prosperity of my Kingdom."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takashi
Well, the recent events hadn't been anything Kassim would've ever imagined being a part of. Feasting with soldiers, when normally any soldiers he saw were already trying to kill him and avenge whatever official they served. Being escorted into a castle on peaceful terms (or so he believes), when Kassim had fully expected the only time he'd ever be this close to one would be for his own execution. Such things happening to a man like himself were almost too far fetched for him to believe.

But now that he was in the castle, things seemed to turn back to the more 'normal' course of events that had been happening ever since he'd arrived in this strange land. Of course the ruler of this kingdom didn't speak his language. He was grateful to Klara for telling the man of Kassim's predicament though. The King then had a servant, Kassim guessed, take a necklace from the King's neck and had it dropped into his hand. But what really threw Kassim for a loop was when the King held the necklace out to him. Klara's explanation helped a bit with the confusion, though it made Kassim even more surprised than he already was. After a few moments of consideration Kassim decided to trust her judgement and slowly reached out for the medallion, and upon doing so, heard the King speak in perfect Arabic. In fact, it was exactly the same as when the wolfman had spoken. Remembering the wolfman's gesture toward his amulet, Kassim gathers that these amulets do in fact have some sort of communication abilities.

And so, while still touching the amulet, Kassim spoke. "You have my gratitude. I would not have expected such a gracious gift from the ruler of this land to a lowly man like me. However, if buying loyalty is your aim..." Kassim trailed off, his burst of talkativeness running out and shoving him back into reality. Kassim, on normal circumstances, would probably be attempting to kill this man...yet here he is, talking to him. Thoughts like this filled Kassim's head, making him unable to finish his sentence.

@Camleen

"Lowly?" The King muses and smiles as Kassim takes the medallion. "Allow me to give two points, friend." He now turns, his dark blue robes swaying with him. "The only difference between myself and any other of this kingdom…" he trails off as he strides up the stairs to his throne. He sits down slowly on it as he continues. "Is I sit in a fancier chair than most. As for buying your loyalty…" he makes a dismissive motion, now leaning on his right elbow on the armrest of his throne. "Any loyalty that can be bought with bauble… even a very special bauble as the one you hold… is not loyalty I would want, no."

He now motions to someone behind Kassim, and off to the side there is some movement. A moment later 2 'small people' seem to come out of nowhere hefting very nice wooden chairs. They look very comfortable very ornate and padded for comfort. The Veda male sets the chair off to the side of the center aisle leading towards the throne, and a Veda female sets another chair next to the first. Klara smiles widely to the 2 Veda (she is almost as tall as they) ("Thank you!"). She then looks up to Kassim as she sits on one of the chairs, and the king then speaks. "Please, sit sit."

Now he sits up a little on his throne, his hands folding in his lap as he watches Kassim. "Now that we can hear one another's words, please stranger. Tell me of yourself, as much as you find comfortable speaking of. You are, of course, free to ask any questions of me. I have nothing to hide from you, or from any of these lands." He nods, and looks around the throne room, as if that were meant for more than Kassim.

Reactions: Gands
After some hesitation, Kassim sits in the chair, though it's hard to get comfortable as he's used to sitting down on the cold stone floor of castle Alamut. He eyes the others in the room wearily before speaking. "You wish for me to tell you things about myself.. I will start with why I think myself lowly. I am of lower rank even than these-", he motions toward the various servants currently in the room, "-for I am an acolyte. I simply light candles before a prayer, a child could do my work."

Now Kassim glances around the room once more. "If you truly want to know about me, then I would ask that we speak alone. Of course, only if that is acceptable to your majesty." Kassim was testing him, seeing if this king is a brave man. After all, most men of influence that Kassim had ended went out groveling and crying, begging for their lives. Kassim despised that lack of pride, even if he really shouldn't be one to speak of dignity. Still, it's not like Kassim isn't trying save his own skin right now. If he said the things he's thinking of saying, he'd probably be viewed as a threat and... be dealt with.

@Camleen

King Edward watches Kassim with a small smile on his lips. So this man is indeed a sort of servant, his posturing in the presence of royalty hinted at such. When Kassim motions to the others, Edward follows his gaze towards those gathered within this hall. His gaze draws back to Kassim slowly as he continues to speak.

It's then that Kassim makes his unusual request. The King's expression is unchanging, he seems to have a good poker face. If he knew what poker was. But the cleric near the King speak immediately, staring at Kassim. "My Lord… you can not entertain such a request. Surely his intentions are nefarious!" Edward continues to stare towards Kassim, and he sits up on his throne as he motions towards the large doors Kassim had entered through. "Clear the throne room. I would speak alone to this man." Some of the guards hesitate, and the cleric speaks once more "Sire.. I beg you.." Edward sits back on his throne as he speaks once more. "Now." And without further protest, one by one the hall is emptied. Cretes stares at Kassim as the others leave, and then finally Cretes does also, glancing towards Edward. And the King.. he is just staring right into Kassim's eyes as this is happening. The door to the hall is closed, the sound of the door shutting echoing slightly.

And after a few moments… he now addresses Kassim. "Before you continue… let us speak frankly. Not as King to acolyte… but as one man to another. There is intention in getting me alone, this I know. But…" he now leans on his elbow on the arm of the throne as he watches Kassim, motioning to him with his scepter in his other hand. "I do not think you have motivation to kill me. Yet. I know for a fact you were brought directly here after fleeing the Palerme Plains. So you had no contact with foreign agents… or with Enders… or other Strangers that plot against this royal court. No… I think not. Was this perhaps…" he leans forward a little, narrowing his eyes at Kassim "a test of the King himself? An acolyte wishing to see what sort of man this King is?" He makes a dismissive motion "No… no I don't think so. That is foolhardy. The others have good reason for us not to speak alone. You are from the other world. And most likely have paranormal powers. Perhaps you could end my reign as King with but a thought. But know this, Stranger. I am not a defenseless welp. My crown was not handed to me without blood spilled, such is the way of our world oft times. All of that being said…" he motions to Kassim once more as he leans back on his throne. "We are truly alone, the only living things here in this grand throne room. As you have requested of the King of Linia. As I have demonstrated… I am gracious in my rule, and will not punish any for such a simple request. I have no wish for ill thoughts to be between us." Subtly reminding Kassim, perhaps, that people that make any sort of request that could potentially put the King's life in danger is summarily punished. "So no need to hesitate. Please, speak of what is on your mind, my friend."

The door of the throne room is closed and secured, the guards lingering near the door. The lead of the guard present, Cretes, lets out a sigh as he stares at the door. Kaladesh, the cleric servant of the King, scowls angrily in the direction of the door. They all seem… anxious. Who knows what will await them once this door is allowed to be open. A dead King, perhaps? A murderer fleeing?

But one that doesn't seem overly stressed about it… young Klara hums softly to herself as she kind of stands near one of the pillars, rocking back and forth on her heels.

But after a few seconds of that, she is bored of it. She pushes off of the pillar now and kind of skips/strides in the direction of Craig. She hasn't had a chance to really speak to him as yet, and for that she felt a little bad. She's supposed to be helping people here, especially other Strangers. She stops right in front of Craig and stares up at him with a wide smile, her hands folded behind her back. After a few moments of staring, she finally speaks. "You look like a farm hand. Did you ever work on a plantation? Yer dressed kinda funny. Do you like it here? Have you ever been ta Kansas? Do you know what a Kansas is?" Her head tilts to one side as she rapid fires questions to Craig, not seeming to mind in the least she might be invading his personal space.

@Goodtvus

Craig calmly follows the crowd out of the throne room wondering what the strange man had say. Everyone seemed on edge and Craig hoped that strange man would not do anything to anger the kings servants. If Craig learned anything from his years being alive it's that you never make bad first impressions. But before Craig could continue his thoughts the small girl who could understand the strange man approached Craig. She spoke differently than before, very similar to Craig's accent. It was almost as if she were trying to make Craig feel welcomed.

Craig smiles and looks down at the girl, he then begins to speak "Aren't you a talkative one, I was a salesmen." Craig says now looking back up. "Yes I've been ta Kansas, it's a mighty fine place for business to." Craig says answering the little girls questions.

Craig then thinks a little and then looks back towards the little girl.

"How exactly did you know about Kansas? Also how does one know if they are dangerous to this world?" Craig asks the girl curiously as he goes into thought.

Inv: Revolver with 12 rounds, a hunting knife, a box of matches, a canteen,a compass, and fifteen dragon scales.

Klara just shrugs with Craig's observation of how talkative she is. She's been told that before, of course. And perhaps that is part of the reason she was asked to be what she is amongst the White Guard. A sort of greeter, a friendly person that seems to understand every language that has been presented to her thus far.

She folds her hands behind her back as she smiles brightly up to him, nodding in response to his questions. "A salesman… what do ya sell? I knew lots of traders." She then pauses, seeming to think about her words before she speaks them. "I know 'bout Kansas 'cause I'm from Kansas!" Her green eyes watch his eyes intently as she continues. "In Red River, a town on the edge of the water. Lots of people passin through all the time. Daddy was a dock worker." She says in a proud tone. She now taps her chin with a finger as she thinks. "You know you're dangerous to this world if you wanna hurt people. Not all Strangers are dangerous… but some are really bad. We call them Enders… that's why people're scared of Strangers at first for the most part. Lots of people from our old world come here and do bad things…" she nods as she frowns now faintly, remembering the Veda and the various incidents she's seen.

Craig frowns as he hears about what the little girl has seen. Craig understands the feeling of helplessness caused by major conflicts, as he himself has seen the results of some really bloody ones, that including the civil war. He then breaks his thought and instead of pressing the questions he wants to ask he instead answers one of hers. Craig then smiles and begins to speak.

"I reckin I sold a lot of different things, since I was smarter than most I found myself selling inventions. Things that were innovative." Craig says smiling thinking back upon the good days.

Of course Craig wasn't always a salesmen, this was a lie. He's lied before and this certainly wouldn't be his last time telling a lie. Craig was only a salesmen for a short period of his life until he made a few bad decisions. Then he resorted to tricking people out of their hard earned money, and then more unsavory things. Of course he wouldn't tell these people that, he'd surely lose most of his freedoms then. Craig then continues to speak.

"Red River?! I've been there a lot, use to sell fish oil there sometimes. Of course that was until I found Ms. Wittingham, say now what was the date you found yourself in this new world?" Craig asks the girl curiously.

Craig was happy that he wasn't the only one from the America to be thrown into this new world, it almost made him feel like he wasn't alone somehow. In fact up until just now Craig had assumed she was just speaking in an accent similar to his to make him feel more comfortable.

Klara seems utterly pleased with the conversation with Craig. There have been times in her role amongst the White Guard where she was… in a bit over her head. Having to deal with beings she had no idea how to relate to, even though she could speak the same languages they could. But that's why she was appointed the post, to learn how to deal with those that the White Guard encountered. While she is young (one of the youngest known Strangers), her ability is utterly unique. But she has thought that if another more experienced or wise person had her same ability, she would be out of a job.

Selling inventions… was he an inventor? That was Klara's initial thought. She had seen many 'salesmen' and innovators come and go in the busy little town she grew up in. But she also knew of many 'charlatans' (as her father called them) that would swindle hard working and desperate people out of money.

But surely that could never have been something Craig had done.

Klara makes mental note of Ms. Wittingham… maybe it's someone she actually knew. She glances up when Craig asks her about this world. As if the answer were written somewhere above her head. "Um…" she starts softly. "Pappa told me once I was born in '27… I think it was 'bout 10 or 11 seasons since when I slipped off the docks." She shrugs and looks back towards Craig. "1827, I mean ta say. 'm not sure what year that would be I came here then… but 10 or 11 years after that. I fell into the water, an I woke up in the southern forests!" She says with a wide and happy smile. Klara suddenly gasps and takes a quick step back from Craig. "Oh! 'm so sorry!" She gives a little giggle and does a little curtsy to Craig as she speaks. "My name is Klara Ross. It's very nice ta meet ya, sirrah." She then stands fully, flattening out her dress a little. "'m sposed ta introduce myself first an then start talkin personable." She says with a nod.

Last edited:
Craig looks surprised at the date Klara says as she explains to Craig when she arrived at this place. This had been way before Craig was even born. Craig then sighs in relief, she was gone far before he had done anything that gave him his reputation. Craig then began to speak.

"Ah 1850, that's before my time I was born in 1950 so I would've never even seen you, though I might've met your parents." Craig says thinking back on past encounters. Craig then smiles "No worries, it's nice ta meet you Klara, say how did you find out you had this power of yours?" Craig asks the girl curiously.

It wouldn't be long until Craig would have to talk to the king, and it also wouldn't be long until they tried to figure out if Craig was dangerous to this world. Craig hadn't figured out if he had a power yet and would continue to wonder if he'd be condemned if his power was considered dangerous.

Inv: Revolver with 12 rounds, a hunting knife, a box of matches, a canteen,a compass, and fifteen dragon scales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.