Stockholm Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was... She doing?

She was touching him in a sense, he didn't like it. But sure, he'll let it be. In a sense, the woman was still human with normal human actions going along with it. Wait, things like this shouldn't bother him too much, but this was... Extremely awkward? Well for him, anyways. He is quite independent, no one questioned him, corrected him, or mock him. It was oddly refreshing. He felt odd at the fact that when it came to touch, it was always touch to have sex. Not like this... Casual contact.

It was a tensing, in a way.

He cleared his throat for about the same time she did as soon as she finished, "Good, if you are to blame for this. Then, good." he told her, shrugging. There was no way he would compliment her, or show anymore sign of heightened gratitude. No way. She would only get a 'good' from him, nothing more, nothing less. "Don't tell me how to teach my grandson, it's pretty obvious that when it's wrong you do it again. Don't you have that kind of logic, Jesse?"

Jesse frowned, then turned to Lisette "Fortunately, I am not his nephew but his grandson... Or more like descendant. Can you please stay longer, Lisette? Even though I only knew you for technically just a few hours, you seem to stop his..." he glared at Adrian, "Evil wrath."

Men. Fucking and Utterly ridiculous.

"Now we are just going in circles... I just told YOU the only way to teach him is threw

letting him do it himself not telling him the answer... and Ill tell you all I want!" She protested against him

Her kitten looked up at Adrian and growled low sensing her stress

"Hush Lady... big bad vampire doesnt scare me.... and as for staying Jesse it kind of seems your uh... grandfather doesnt want me here" She said not looking at

Adrian as she kept her eyes on her nails which she played with carelessly

"I wouldnt doubt that he was your grandfather for the simple fact that he is just as angry for no reason just like one, and uptight" She said, nodding to herself

"Im afraid after my treatment is done I will part with you... get out of Adrians hair" She continued bitterly.

Men like him made her remember why she liked Eric so much.

That little....

"Chénmò! (Silence!)" Adrian said, brushing off Jesse's remark abot makig her stay. Again, he bluffs. He wanted her to stay not because of Jesse's foolish reasoning, but because she was the key to ruining that dog boy's head. If he kept her around, he'll have some kind of link with her stupid boyfriend, thus, killing him and her after. What a beautiful game.

"But---"

"You always look for mother figures." Adrian snapped, looking at Jesse furiously and turned to Lisette, still holding the same face "And you..." he started in a bitter tone, tainted with hatred, "Stop consenting him." He looked at both of them, somewhat of a glare, before proceeding to the stairs down the basement. Ah, he needed peace -- it was like two against one in this house. Jesse found an ally, that brat.

Jesse watched him walk out on the argument, sighing "He's right. I should just go along with what he wants... If only that Ling guy was alive, Adrian was probably a nice guy."

sun of a bitch.

Lisette slammed her hands on the table following Adrian only half way

"Listen to me cause I am only going to say this ONCE you dont tell me what to do! maybe if you would actually

do what you were supposed to do Jesse wouldnt have to walk around here like he is stepping on eggshells all the time!

or maybe if you actually brang home a girl and KEPT HER AROUND instead of eating them he would have a mother

figure! you know why I dont have respect for you...? because the look in your eyes last night when you brought that woman home last night tells me you have no

respect for women... NOT ANY! and I dont know who Ling is but as an ADULT FIGURE you shouldnt use him as an excuse to

be such a bastard... I dont know who did this to me... but that same idiot.. that same ignorant blood thirsty bastard who didnt know a THING about me

...that I HAVE A LIFE TOO.. only that he was hungry... I see that in you and what you did to that girl last night... you might as well be the same people.

.... Im leaving."

She concluded racing upstairs to pack her things.

She refused to live in a house like this

simply refused.

"What a fucking asshole.... son of a bitch...Come osa parlarmi in quel modo!.."

(How dare he speak to me that way in Italian) She whispered as she continued packing, throwing things in a suit case.

Too much hatred here. Towards her and towards Jesse and for what? Some guy named Ling?

The fuck outta here.

Was she... Seriously comparing him to something like that? That bitch.

"Remember that, you don't know ANYTHING about me either!" he called out to her, as loud as he could that it reached the top floor of his house. How dare she, how dare she do that? What is so respectful about this world? It was so... So... Corrupt. If he respected even his food, he wouldn't eat anyone, he wouldn't survive, he wouldn't be strong either. That's why he never really "got to know" his victims, he didn't want to sympathize, respect, and be soft. This was nothing but food, and hunting it.

Why was she so mad about it? His food was nothing of her business, she should just stay away. But then again, she was a girl, they liked to be nosy about things -- especially girls like her. They have no common ground, no grey, just black and white. It was war.

Jesse ran down to the basement, a look of panic rose in his eyes, "Adrian! Don't make her leave!"

"Let her do what she wants...." Adrian said, brushing off his grandson's whines.

She'll be back.

Even though Lisette had only been in this house a day, she felt like she had been there a lifetime... she would rather go home

and figure out a way to control herself rather than live here.

"Your right and I DONT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU! poor Jesse! he has to live with you.. !" She screamed back slamming the door and continuing to pack.

Was it him? It was him, part of it... the other half was her....

After all it takes two to argue.

After she was finished packing she sat on the floor of his apartment and contemplated what her next action would be

she remembered something...

Jesses eyes... his eyes when he begged Adrian not to let her leave..

It made her feel a little stupid but to be honest... it was nice to be wanted by someone...

Always nice...

Even if it was just to be a mom figure. If she left now, she would in a way be letting Adrian win... and she felt sympathy for Jesse in a house like this...

She sighed and kicked over one of her Louie Vuitton bags with the tip of her heel and got up slowly..

After a few hours,

even more slowly she made her way down stairs to where Jesse was.

Like the little brother she never had or something of the sort.

She half smiled and put her hand around his shoulder.

"Only for you kid..." She said in a whisper.

As far as Adrian goes? After treatment, she hoped to never see him again.

She had nothing to say to him.

See? Unfortunately, I was right.

Even though in the expense of his psychological limit, he really needed her to stay put. Even if took to the point that he somewhat used Jesse's soft, teenager emotions to tick and reflect back to her. He had never seen a woman, an older woman who turned down Jesse. Even the nannies who took care of him when he was much younger when Adrian used to visit their older house, when the boy didn't live with him yet.

Not that he was waiting for someone to, but it seemed like Jesse's desperation to have something like a mom -- made his persuasion potent. He couldn't blame him though, the boy's parents were busy people and like him, he always looked for a father figure. He might've met his father once, and still be alive somewhere, but he never really stuck around. So he tried his hardest to be the father figure of his siblings, for Ling and his sister.

But Ling died too quickly, and his sister fell ill after giving birth to her second child.

He felt like he was too foolish of a man, he let his siblings go under things he never intended. Everyday he blamed himself for that, everyday he seeked to redeem himself, and he thought that being harsh on Jesse was a better choice than being the loving, and caring brother: because that seemed to make matters take a bad term.

"So, you found someone to play mommy.." Adrian said, standing up from his chair and pocketed his phone in his jeans, motioning towards the doorway, "Good luck with that."

Jesse brightened face at Lisette's change of mind, turned into a look of wonder as he watched Adrian head towards the doorway, "Where are you going?"

"Work. The stress of it is more worth it. Xīwàng nǐ kuàilè (Hope you're happy)." Adrian replied before slamming the door shut, leaving them both alone.

Jesse sighed, but turned to Lisette and gave her something he never thought he could do in the midst of being scared of her. He hugged her. He hugged like a child who finally found his mother, it was an awkward gesture for a 17 year old to do, for it was extremely like of a child, "Thank you. Ignore Adrian, he is always like that -- I'd rather he went to work."

Jesses hug made her immidiatley feel way older than 21, however it was a good mature feeling

one she had developed very quickly. She glared at Adrian as he made his way out of the house.

Prick.

Oh well, like she said she wasn't here for him she was here for Jesse now.

Not that she ever was here for Adrian...

That night by the fireplace, after cooking for Jesse (Something she never did for anyone even though she was a great cook) She took out her water colors and

began to set her mind free of the stress it had endured today.

Adrian.. Why was he so hard all the time...

Something inside him... deep.

He was hiding something.

Pain maybe? -Definitely... but it wasn't physical.. it was a different kind of pain

and she didnt know why but it bothered her...

She bit her bottom lip as she began painting.. Her father was a painter but she was no where as good as him

His went for at least a thousand a piece, and that was at the very least... she painted for fun or to release her mind from stress

as she did now... she never thought about what she would paint... her heart would simply bleed it out.

As she studied the painting she wondered whether she was a vampire or not.

Because according to the painting she still very much had a heart.

lalalalal_web-large_medium.png

Underneath she wrote an inscription in Lebanese..
A verse from some Lyrics she loved.

أستمع إليها القلب لأنه يلعب المفضل لي أغنية

- I listen to her heartbeat

because it plays my favorite song...

"..........."

(Speaking of which, I suck at painting. LOL.)

"For a vampire, you cook really good. I thought it'd be medium rare or---" Jesse said as he walked over to her, bringing his plate along with him only to gape at the painted canvas in front of Lisette. He swallowed his food, "Damn." he muttered in amazement, admiring the painting as his eyes maneuvered over it. The texture, the shading, the brush strokes, it was all perfect, "That's sexy."

In the end of all this pitying, and mother figure hunting -- Jesse was still a teenager. Of course he'll find it sexy.

But not like it wasn't.

There something there, it was like a passionate tension, a moment of sheer bliss, it was a like a dark heaven. The way the woman embraced her lover, and how they shared ecstasy out in the open skies. There was something peaceful about it, something Jesse had not felt in a long time. This house was hell, to be awfully honest -- hell. But of course, in an everday matter -- it didn't really seemed much of a big deal anymore. The mood was refreshing, although.

"Did you use acrylics?" he asked, putting another mouthful of food into his mouth, "What was it based on? A memory? Dream?"

(LOL me too ... pshh i wish i could paint lol)

A memory...

A dream...

She laughed at his comment even in the moment of tensity

Just looking at the painting made her jealous of the girl she had created

"I wish it was a memory or a dream... to give it some sort of definition but its neither...

Its just.....

Paint and yes acrylics" She said bluntly staring up at the boy eating

"Medium rare? oh tats a good one" She said with sarcasm though she knew he was dead serious

which made it funnier.

"I like my meat cooked all the way despite... everything" She said getting up at stretching

"Your always sitting around this house... its about time you found a little girlfriend" She smirked at him

But she was dead serious too. Jesse needed companionship.

Outside this house. Hopefully soon he would get it.

To escape these walls.

(LOLOL. Medium rare *laughs at own joke*)

Jesse shrugged, "Do you have a human sister?" he said, laughing quietly. He was into goth girls, he guessed, but it was more like a little fetish. Just like how men go crazy over women that had bunny ears and tail -- playboy bunnies. But a girlfriend? He never thought about it too seriously, he was still in the girl-crush stage. But looking for a real, legit girlfriend was too far off the distances.

"Don't mind me Lisette, you should tell these things to Adrian. Though he may bring girls here, he never really showed anything to them. It's more of a "flatter-the-food" sort of things, he's in love with his job and this dead Ling guy he keeps on talking about." he continued, his thought drifting towards the thought of Ling. To be honest, he never knew who that guy was or were, Adrian never spoke in too much detail about him. But spoke enough to know that such a guy existed, "Adrian's not gay though..."

"But I never saw him have a 'relationship' with a girl that he actually liked. Probably he did once, in the past. The dude's a 109 years old, there should be. Because even though he's a vampire, it would take skills to lure women that easy. I watched him once, his eyes rarely glowed. He never cheated on luring, the guy was skilled."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

(LOL at the fact that your laughing at it)

"A human sister... Nope just me" She laughed

Thank god. Another Lisette running around? the world would for sure go to hell.

"Tell things to who?" She retorted blandly as if she had forgotten who Adrian was.

"Well thats understandable the guy is so obsessed with work and being powerful he has forgotten about

to actually... love.... it makes you do the best, most amazing, wonderful , stupid, idiotic things..." She said

almost in a daze smiling..

"As for Ling he must have been great for Adrian to mention him as much as you say he does... because its not like

he ever praises anyone else...I am sure he will come out and tell you who he is eventually... just let him make his comments for now"

Little by Little the bird makes its nest...

".... um.."

Do you have a boyfriend?

Lisette thought about his question hard... why so hard? why was it so hard to just say

yes I do?.

"... Isn't it time for bed or something like that? I know your 17 but geeze you dont want to

mess up your face with bags under your eyes already do you?" She asked playfully pinching his cheek

"I will pull out my make up if I have to" She continued smirking

Jesse arched a brow, "With you saying that, you mean Adrian didn't tell you what his work was? You sound like you're assuming everything..." he said in amazement, looking at her in disbelief. Well, he couldn't really blame her -- Adrian led a private life, when in reality if he wanted to... He could be as famous as celebrities. Owning a huge company like that? Imagine Bruce Wayne of Batman.

Adrian was that rich.

Then he frowned, "With the way you described love, it sounded like a Taylor Swift songwill start playing at any moment." he snickered for a moment before recomposing himself, clearing his throat, "I'm still too immature for all those emotions, I want my first relationship serious. I'm that type of guy. No flings, no hookups. I like the idea of soul searching, haha."

"And you're right, about Ling I mean. He's probably someone special, but even at that, he never placed any picture frames of him."

He took on a straight face, pointing towards the clock that hung at the high wall above them "It's still 6pm, Lisette. Even a good, model child doesn't sleep that early. It's ridiculously early. If you want to avoid my question, just say so. No lame sidetracks." he told her frankly, but still in a light and carefree sort of manner, he was never one to sound cocky or anything. Adrian filled that spot perfectly, with flying colours at that too, "But then again, if you force me to sleep, good luck with Adrian. He comes around 7... the latest would be 10 to 2am. Yeah, he's that hardcore."

(Whoa @ last sentence... he is almost as fluent in sarcasm as me :O )

And this is why... kids were the farthest thing from her mind in actuality.

Lisette cleared her throat and sat up straight looking at the clock...

it didnt seem that early oh well.

"My bad... Its my sleep schedule.. its all fucked- I mean messed up... and I'm not avoiding anything." She retorted clearing her throat

"His name is Eric." She said bluntly "He is the love of my life and one day Im going to marry him and have like 92473985 babies" She continued her Tirade

"serious question -Does it really look like I give a damn what time Adrian comes home? He could die and come back -living his life prior to this

until he finally made it back to this moment and I probably wouldn't notice" She continued again very blunt

"On a good note... I am glad you are searching for something serious... that is whenever you decide to date...

most guys .... are just looking for one night stands... need an example?" She said sarcastically referring to Adrian.

"As far as this whole bonding thing goes... I think your adorable and really awesome, I am just going to warn you now...

I am nothing like Adrian... way more laid back.. anything besides that and your on your own" She said with a smile..

She really did like Jesse. He was a good kid... despite what Adrian might think

Adrian.

His opinion doesn't count.

"You give a damn about the things he does, give a damn about the girls he takes home, and you've only been here for a day. Now, tell me you don't." Jesse said, pointing out the things he had noticed over the past hours, their arguments and yesterday. Everything seemed to fit in perfectly, but since he didn't want to sound rude -- he raised his hands up in surrender, "Just saying and by the way -- he's technically dead."

He gave a low whistle, "That's a lot of kids. What do you like about him? What's so special? He seems special, because this is only the first time I have heard an adult wishing to have an exaggerated amount of kids when asked. Them proper ladies always nod and smile humbly, going all 'one or two' or maybe 'five' and something like 'whatever he wants'. Yeah, that sorts." he said, imitating a high pitched lady tone in every small dialogue he had spoke despite his deepening voice.

"One night stands, bloody bedsheets, noisy washing machines, got anything else to add?" Jesse said, smirking at the fact that they were both referring to Adrian. Quite amusing, backstabbing him -- metaphorically. Never did this to his grandfather before, maybe because there was not one there to share his pain. Almost every human girl who saw Adrian were lulled to his good looks, and totally blinded by his nasty attitude. The coold things about this girl was that she wasn't human. It was awesome.

Now that he thought about it, if she was mad at Adrian this much, how much more would she be after she finds out that he is responsible for her vampirsm? He didn't know the reasons why he did so of course, in his eyes, she was just a girl who came in their lives who actually madeAdrian have a temper frenzy at a person who wasn't him. Pretty admirable, he dared to say.

"Well, Adrian will learn. Or maybe he did, I don't know. Like I said, he rarely talks about himself."

This boy...

"No I do not" She retorted ...

"I just ... I dont know analyze him because the ways he goes about things is wrong thats all... and yes Eric is very special...

and I was exaggerating... never in my life would I have that many kids... maybe one. MAYBE. I dont want to mess up my figure...

I promise I dont care what he does... He can go to hell" She said bitterly....

"I am in love with Adrian and thats the bottom line."

FML.

"I am in love with ERIC and THAT is the bottom line... " She corrected herself

"I barely know your brother and I dont intend on getting to know him got it?... you spend too much time analyzing...

dont you have any hobbies? any thing you want to do? piano? paint? sing? a language you want to learn?... I have got to get you

signed up for something" She said desperately.

Wow was Jesse her kid or what?

(Totally just spilled hot chocolate on my shorts at the "I'm in love with Adrian" comment and the FML. LOLOLOLOL)

"Well, everyone has their reasons right? As much as I despise him at times -- I try to think positive. How do you think I lasted in this house for the last 7 years, huh? If I keep letting him get to me, I'd be killing myself. But sometimes, he really does hit the bullseye." Jesse sighed, thinking back about the situation with his math homework, and how he made a ridiculous bet because he knew he was going to win.

He could be so ruthless.

"Tch, females. Once you get old, you get soggy -- wait you don't get old. Hah. Well then, I doubt you'd 'ruin your figure'. Vampires are fit beings, even the fattest one becomes slim after being bitten, or so I've heard."

He snorted at her remark, "For a second, I was about to believe you. First sentence sounded legit. In love with Adrian, haha. No offense, but it sounds fitting, you're like his wife that never was." then he fell silent again, realizing how awkward the statement sounded after he spoke it. But it really did seem like it though, to be honest. "But then again, you like that Eric guy -- so it's not legit at all. I don't know about Adrian, but I'm sure of one thing: he likes pretty girls. Because almost each one he brought in was simple, but beautiful. Well beautiful enough for him to eat, I guess."

He sat on the floor quietly, leaning back and used his arms for support "I learned Chinese -- both dialect and mandarin, readin and writing them too. Piano and guitar... Those things. I don't think I'll be needing more, my parents and Adrian filled him with stuff like a robot getting years of upgrades." he explained, shrugging. "I'm learning french as of now, as for chinese, Wǒ shuō, wǒ bù xǐhuan tā. Which meant: I speak it, I don't like it. But the three of them insisted, they say I have to 'embrace my roots' apparently. I maybe caucasian, but I'm 1/3 chinese. The genes were just too weak to kick in some major asian features."

"You can't stop me from analyzing -- I see it too much. You guys just fight, you know? Relentless, like shooting each other face to face everytime."

(LMFAO I knew I would get cha ;) )

whats he gonna do next? pull E harmony out of his ass?

"Look...Adrian is the type of guy who likes pretty girl PLURAL... he cant sit still... he isnt boyfriend material.

and I am far from simple..." Which was true, underneath it all maybe,, but what could she say?

She was a fashion major.

"He wont pursue me and I wouldn't expect him to... I like my boyfriend and he likes me and Adrian likes girls okay?"

She summed it up.

"Thats cool you learned so fast... If I wasn't born with Lebanese, Italian, and English I probably wouldn't take the time

to learn" She laughed thinking of how difficult it was to other people -especially Lebanese.

"And there you go! your learning french...ah, the language of love... why dont you go to a camp or something for it...?

I know that sounds lame but you might meet some interesting people... I remember my first camp... I was 14 and it was ballerina camp..

I did the most perfect curtsy at the end of my ballet, some girl tried to out due me... lucky we were near a pond because thats where she found herself

before the show was over.. it was an accident" She giggled as if she was a little girl once more..

She then cleared her throat "Anyways... you will have fun.."

"But then again, in a philisophical, non-gay manner: what is the boyfriend material? Which makes us come back to the part where we both have never seen Adrian 'go out' with a girl. The girls he took were food, because if he did like them (which I doubt) he won't eat them. So technically, he isn't a womanizer. But probably in some aspects." Jesse said, in a manner of full, deep thinking. He was trying to piece the puzzle together, he wanted to figure Adrian out -- even if the man seemed like a more complicated puzzle everyday.

"Why would he pursue you? Didn't you say you were taken? Unless of course... You're giving him a opening." he said slowly, grinning mischeviously. The chances of that happening seemed to be so unlikely, but yet the thought of it certainly gave a high entertainment value.

After a moment she mentioned the ballerina camp, he began to burst out laughing, "Ballerina camp? Such thing exists? What do you guys do, the swan lake?" he laughed more heartily as an expense to his own pun, "No seriously, ballerina camp? What the hell. But if you talk french camp -- I'll think about it... The French Immersion club at school seemed to be handing out flyers lately, I should check it out tomorrow."

Silence.

"Well." he said, standing up, taking his plate with him and headed towards the kitchens, "Before you completely steal my manliness by exposing me in your girl talk, I should sleep. I think we've talked long enough -- 'tis nine o'clock." he said, smiling as he quickly washed his plate and utensils, giving her ca casual wave before heading up the stairs.

As he went up, the main door of the house started to open and there --- Adrian has come home.

Lisette laughed standing up and shaking her head she had to admit she had never spent that much time talking about anything besides herself she had fun getting to know Jesse. and now play time was over.her smile faded as Adrian walked in. she quietly moved her painting to the side and got up, making her way to the kitchen where she washed out her champagne glass and didn't even bother to look in Adrian's direction instead she went back where she was sitting to add some finishing touches to her painting and then just like Jesse she would depart. or so she planned

Status
Not open for further replies.