Stockholm Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much fun it would be to annoy her, he was too tired to. He went home with no woman today, because he was too hungry to wait till the morning. The stress in this house, and the stress of work cobned together sped up his appetite to consume. Instead of mocking her, insulting her, or any of such, he walked over her, took her free wrist and slipped a silver jewellry through her hand and made it slide down to her wrist -- resting there.

To admit it felt odd, these casual touching, it gave him a weird sensation. But nevertheless ignored it, releasing her wrist as he cleared his throat, "If you want to enjoy that lovely daylight, keep that thing on -- don't take it off." he told her in a serious tone, this wasn't fun and games, nor was it a gift of any sorts. No matter how much she hated him, if she wanted to live at least bit of normally, she would follow. The bangle was a small thin belt of silver, decorated with carved designs on it's outer surface.

http://www.silverflake.com/images/banglebracelete.jpg

It was no ordinary jewellry -- it was a protection against the wrath of sunlight. He had one too -- although more masculine, same goes for other vampires around the world. It was to avoid suspicion, and detection. Besides, everyone wore jewellry, well most. So it was barely noticeable.

The he looked around, past her painting, even in the midst of growing fatigue he had managed to utter one sentence that would surelt make her tick, "Make sure you clean up, don't miss a spot." he told her, like a mother telling a child to do things in a matter-of-factly before heading towards the stairs, loosening his tie as he yawned quietly, opening the door of his room, going inside and shutting it close.

that...

she wanted so badly to rewind the moment and snatch away from him

how dare he touch her like that. At all.

she looked the bracelet and before he said anything she thought

it was an I'm sorry present

until she remembered who she was dealing with

it was jewelry and at least fashionable ... now she could

go out in daylight. great to create more space between the two

she sighed and got up inspecting her area

she wasn't a damn child and she didn't need his supervision

she packed up her then things neatly and began making her way up stairs

as well ..she seen the way he had totally looked over her painting

it was amazing to her how easily blinded he was to love even

its most vulnerable state. it only meant that whenever he did

find love..if he ever would, it would knock him on his ass

so whoever the girl would be he better make sure she was worth the fall.

tumblr_lrl6a43yHS1qa5g43o3_250.gif

Adrian lay on his armchair, awake and contemplating. He thought of what he had been doing and what he had done. The plan of destroying the dog who killed his brother, the plan of eye for an eye backfired. And now instead of doing a clean job of murder, he had to take care of it more than he expected to. Now, he had to deal with an annoying, loud, newborn vampire.

Even though it was stressful, he kept in mind that he had to do this. His sister's death couldn't be helped, you can't avenge natural causes... But Ling's death? It was avegeable, and worth it. As long as he saw a way -- dirty or not, he will take it. He knew that right now, his siblings are probably not happy of what he had been doing. But if he let it be, it was like he disappointed them again, letting the dog win and making his internal redemption, rendered useless.

Then there was Lisette.

Girls were beautiful, quick to lure, and food. Never did they last a day under his control, but this time, he had Lisette to deal with. This was the first time in a long time did he ever came in contact to a girl who lasted more than all the women he came in contact with besides his secretary, and his mother years ago, when she was alive. It was odd, for girls were nothing but food now. But here was she, stubborn and loud --- daring to challenge his authority. If only she wasn't useful -- he would've disposed of her.

After a moment of silence, he gave a groan of frustration before crashing on his mattress, looking at the hand he used to grab Lisette's wrist. It tingled, and it felt tensing -- what a weird sensation. Casual touching, made him feel weird. Might as well sleep it off.

(Sorry if I only replied now, had a busy day!)

(me too lol xD and your fine <3 )

Dont you see we are all the same?
With fur or with fangs...
Same damned blood
Through our ice cold veins..
We can die and be famous
We could live and be nameless.
Either way hate is what made us.

thumbbig-8598.jpg

"Kill him"

The wolf breathed slow but unsteadily eyeing the vampire who glared back at him

even in within the hour his death would take place.

He had lost a lot of blood and he lay in it sprawled out.. but never loosing eye contact with Eric.

The vampire had put up a good fight, but no chance against 8 wolves.

he didnt even bother transforming into stage 3. With stage 2, he had this bloodsucker right where he wanted him

The vampire didnt even bother putting up a fight, it was as if he was letting the wolves win.

Only making one minor scratch against Eric's eye.

"I dont care to die... I was too long for this world anyways.... I just have one question Eric... why?"

The vampire said between gritted bloody teeth, watching Eric closely.

Eric stepped one paw forward growling "Dont play coy with me.... it is my fathers will."

He connected with the vampire. "I know why Pilate kills... why do you kill?" The vampire continued

The wolf growled louder now pacing back and fourth before nodding towards the other wolves to finish him off.

I still hear that kids scream in my dreams.
Until its silenced, Ill silence each and every one of you.

Shit.

Lisette raced around the room trying to find a dress to wear

she forgot that she had another date with her parents today on the boat...

something like a short cruise for a few hours

and her dad had invited important business men and women there as well to meet her

a wine party no doubt... cocktails and too many rich people in one place

Despite getting up late, she got ready rather quickly and slipped into something.

By the time she was finished she realized something. Eric wouldn't be there, he was in Chicago.

She didnt want to arrive alone. She looked at Jesse's door and her good conscience wouldn't let her knock

she knew this was the day that he would want to sleep in, being the weekend and all

Hesitantly she dragged herself across the hall to Adrians room and without knocking she turned the handle and opened the door

"Get up. We have a date."

212081_1_web-large_medium.jpg

(Hahah. Eric is a slave to his dad D: )

What the...

Adrian groaned for a slight while, letting the few short words he had let out sink in a few moments before he took the cue to speak. He was tired, from work stress and personal -- both. Just as he thought he coudl at least enjoy his Sunday off, letting Kyle do most of the things around the company while he at least gives a day's rest, but it looked like it wasn't possible in his life. He moved to his side, tilting his head slightly to glance at her as his arms folded together across his bare chest. Squinting his eyes quizzically he spoke, "I'm sorry, I don't have a memory of making you my girlfriend... At all."

What was this woman doing, barging in his room like that.

Wearing that.

He had to admit it was quite a dress, well the dress was nice. But only the dress, only the dress -- just that pieced of fabric that was stitched and tweaked to fit a figured woman's body. He suddenly dispersed the thought off, for he should not be thinking of things like this, or check her out the slightest, even though that was what he almost did. Him? Check her out? No. Maybe if he never knew her, what she was, and what's she's like. Probably.

Probably.

(indeed he is)

Lisette of course expected nothing less than his smart ass

comment "thank God I'm not your girlfriend " she retorted rolling her eyes

what she didn't expect was the way he looked over her ... she smiled and walked

seductively over to him kneeling down with puppy eyes "please ...just this once

then we can go back to being enemies" she didn't like pleading

but she needed him now.

"come on what do you have to do anyways?..."

Foxy walking now, are we?

He was convinced that the woman didn't only look the part, but played it quite well too. If she really was a bar club bitch, like in his assumption, she must've been popular. Especially now and soon when she goes to work, with vampire charm --- human men will kneel on her feet. Typical, sex-driven businessmen who had no better hobby than use their wealth to lure women, drink alcohol, and sex. Not that Adrian was submitting to hypocrisy, but he rather thought they were cheap tacts.

What happened to seduction? Well of course, they use wealth to seduce, but they were only sexy if they had money. But naturally? They couldn't charm.

Adrian looked away sighing, he didn't have to go to things for women -- usually they go to things for him. Like a trophy, or a nice piece of loveliness walking around holding his arm as they wore the dresses he bought for the occasion, showing them off like an attachment to him that was covered in fancy -- to impress, most of the time. But these parties only happened on rare occasions, for he did not like exposing his face often -- he liked being low key, just for the fun of it.

He looked back at her, "Fine, I guess seeing you kneel before me is a once-in-a-lifetime sort of moment and seemed incredibly rare..." he said, taking his bedsheets off his lower body, revealing his boxer shorts as he sat up, planting his feet on the floor as he prepared to stand up. As he did so, he brought his face slightly closer to hers, "Just this once." he said quietly before standing up, grabbing her by the wrists and sat her on his bed.

"Women should never kneel to get something they want, they aren't slaves. Value pride once in a while." he said, not looking at her as he went to his bathroom, running his hands through his dark black hair as he went in, shutting the door close. A few moments later, he came out in his towel and went straight into his walk-in closet. A few moments later, he came out fully changed into a respectable black, Pepsi Herrera suit and instead of tie, he opted the classic bow tie -- just because. He looked nice, and solemn -- not like the asshole he was. The key to be a successful vampire, was not to look like one at all.

af40958b.jpg

"Let's go."

pool-cruise-boat.jpg

Oh she had to admit he cleaned up pretty well..

She let his words sink in about having pride, it was something she had a lot of

maybe too much at times, but desperate times call for sarcastic desperate measures.

Her wrists tingled after he let go of them and off into the bathroom..

And she waited in silence.

The finishing product was worth the wait

The ocean get together was all as expected

very elegant, but much competition was in the air.

Who was doing the best, who spent the most money, who bought the most expensive

bottles at the bar

"I believe I need a drink already" Lisette mumbled, on Adrians arm but not too tight.

They werent together. Just 'good friends' at least for the night.

Her mother and father approached rather quickly as soon as she was spotted

of course her mother came and kissed her as if she hadnt seen her in years -damned italians.

Her father however approached hesitantly, looking at the new face which was Adrians, along with some colleagues.

He blew out of his pipe once before kissing both his daughters cheeks "your name young man?" Her father asked with a raised eyebrow

"No... he... I know him... your from LingWu industries arent you? wow nice to meet you... CEO right?" Her fathers colleague piped up looking

around their age group, he reached out his hand to shake Adrians. He almost seemed nervous. "Ive been trying to get an internship their for a while.."

Lisette looked up at him with a surprised expression almost,

It seemed he blended with this crowd more than she. She never attended her fathers big get togethers -for what?

they were boring to her. Except the bar, which she had been eyeing for a few minutes.

To deal with this, she needed a few drinks.

Shit.

Adrian sighed, so much for low-key. But then again, this was a business get to together and not really the media, so he'd tolerate this one. Besides, he liked showing off -- especially in this environment and recognition coming from other people without even the slightest introduction. He gave a small half-smile, "Adrian Wu. Yes, I am an arms dealer, a pleasure." he said casually, business was business. Kindness was common courtesy around these gatherings, because there was more money in good partnerships.

Very much so.

"Oh, so you have been applying? Well, send me your papers and I'll look over them. As long as your credentials are good, I don't think we'll a spot short for potential." he said, shaking the man's hand. He looked at the man who was supposedly Lisette's father again, with the pipe and the age group, he seemed like those old, skeptical businessmen who were hard to impress unless youhave established a name for yourself. Something like he did.

huang_xiao_ming_16074.jpg

"Oh, so you have seen my partner in crime." Kyle teased, appearing right beside Adrian with a glass of wine in his hand and his other on his shoulder. He wore a black suit -- much like Adrian's, his eyes smiled as brightly as his mouth, and his whole aura was light and a bit humourous. Much in contrast with Adrian's classy, masculine aura that could remind one of some kind of James Bond, "For the new faces I haven't seen earlier, I am Kyle Lao -- major stock investor." He looked towards Lisette, then at Adrian, smirking before looking at the other men "Enjot the rest of the night, gentlemen, ladies." he said, raising his wine glass slightly before lowering it and patted Adrian's arm before departing to socialize with others.

Adrian watched him leave, only to trail his eyes back at the men before him. For some awkward reason, this felt like a 'meet-the-parents' situation, despite the fact that Lisette and he, weren't even close to being friends.

"LingWu... I've heard the name " her father continued nonchalantly

her father owned 3 businesses in India and 1 in Italy .. but because

he was also CEO of all 4 he had nothing better to do then things like this

get togethers and what not. he invested in a few banks in America but nothing

serious seeing as he was never here.

"so Eric sent you to entertain my daughter until he's back?" her father asked

but there was almost conclusion in his voice as if he didn't need an answer

"oh daddy please ...if it was up to Eric I would never even look at another man...this was my idea

of not wanting to come alone ... but lets move this to the bar shall we?" she said tugging on

Adrian's arm slightly

yes please lets.

she looked over Kyle and the boy talking away at Adrian about interning

was his business that good?

she also seen the look Kyle had given the two..if only he knew it wasn't

that type of party. was Kyle a vampire too? she didn't know.

she needed blood...preferably blood and alcohol.

Sent? What am I, an errand boy? A surrogate?

Well in a sense he was. But he wasn't -- an invitation to the party was sent to his house a week ago, but he never did really like these things, so he practically ignored it. But once in a while he did attend, for the sake of maitaining and meeting partners, investors and such for business. These were the types of moments where he defended himself, decently, "Oh, I am not one to be... sent around. I act on my own, leaders aren't followers, nor they do favours that make them look like so. I don't think 'entertain' is the right word either, 'accompany' is most appropriate." he said in a smile, even in the midst of his irritation, "Nonetheless, she and I just didn't want to come alone here -- so we decided to merge."

Even in the price of altering the story, he'll do everything to not look like some sort of errand boy. He will not absolutely look like one, especailly to that dog --- he'd rather die.

"Again, a pleasure." he said in a few last words, turning away from them as his face broke off from it's facade. Now, even he needed a drink. Lisette's dad was pissing him off. Him? Entertain? Sent? Ah, how cocky. He didn't like it when people were more cocky than he was, he just didn't. As soon as they reached the bar, he slid a bill across the bar table, "Whiskey rocks."

while her parents continued their facade around with other

businessmen and women alike, Lisette joined Adrian at the bar

she didn't know if it was a vampire thing, but she sensed Adrian's stress and how irritated

he was. Lisette gave the bartender Guy a dazzling smile and sat down near Adrian

"straight vodka."

the man smiled back preparing her and Adrian's drinks with ease and setting them down

at the same time in front of them "enjoy" he said properly bowing slightly and going to attend

others. lisette immidiatmey began sipping her drink down

she needed that...but she was thirsty for something else now...

curse being so knew to this.

she smiled turning slightly towards Adrian her eyes darkening little by little

"do you think they would notice if I bit you right now?"

it was her first drink, but damn it helped.

keep them comming

Adrian frowned through his drink, "Why don't you just kill a businessman? Presumably you already did with that man Jake, you can score a second one. His appetite was normal, neither full nor hungry. In quite a sense, he craved blood too. The closest one at that was her blood. Oh how he still remembered it's taste. Icy, sweet, and entralling. It was a taste of victory, yet quite not. For that bite made her what she was right now.

An immortal.

If the area and the fact that he was accused of "errand boy" by her parents didn't bother him, he would probably consider it. But then he made her stay to teach her how to "hunt" for food, he can't just keep giving his blood, in a sense it was vital. He could die if he kept it up, without consuming the blood of another.

"If you are interested, I can give you targets of worth."

lisette pouted crossing her arms. she felt attached to Adrian's

blood somewhat. Jake's blood satisfied her thirst but Adrian's

not only satisfied, it quenched it. then again drinking off of him

all the time probably wasn't the smartest ...she had to learn to hunt some day.

she sighed looking around the room as she began drinking her second

vodka. "the difference between me and you is that I have no

desire in having sec with my victims ... and I only wanna kill those who

deserve it..you know, assholes ...you should be able to relate to that" she said glaring at him

"besides that I think all the men in this room feel intimidated by you and don't want to approach me" she said

as she kept her eyes on her drink "when I'm drunk enough, you owe me a dance...deal?" she asked playfully

as she noticed an Englishman on his way to a side of the pool unoccupied

bingo.

"Oh, so you think you are some kind of vigilante now? The vampire heroine who saves the world from alleged assholes..." Adrian said in a pathetic, disbelieving sort of tone as he stared down to his drink, watching the ice swim in the pool of whiskey that filled his glass, shaking his head at her ideals, "Sometimes you simply have no choice."

He smirked all of a sudden, after the dialogue mentioning the intimidation he radiated, "Because you chose the arms dealer for your date," he said, taking a shot of the whiskey into his system, "People are always afraid of a man who knew his guns, I can't blame you though -- I never told you anything."

He looked to where her gaze fell, gesturing a sweeping hand motion towards her, "Have fun." he told her, indicating her potential food that stood idly by the pool, oblivious and innocent. Foolish humans at times. He knew the guy, he wasn't that much important -- small business, simple and lame. That Englishman was expendable.

As for that dance, well... we'll see.

Men. They were such selfish, errogant, selfish creatures on earth -at least the ones in Lisettes life.

She smirked sipping the last bit of her vodka before turning to face Adrian once more

"I dont think im some fucking super hero... I just think that some people are worth more than being food products dont you think?

..but as a man, especially one like you... of course you would use your good looks for evil, suducing women.. fucking them

until they know each syllable of your name and then devouring them... then again me and you we are kind of alike..

I use what I have to get where I wanna be as well..." She said frankly, running her fingers through her hair referring to the fact that she was a dancer.

"So I guess in a way we are both selfish..." She concluded leaning over to Adrians ear "Cheers to being selfish" She smirked getting up

"Ill be back in 20 minutes" She reassures walking over with a welcoming smile to the Englishmen, silently promising that once

she had surpassed the first stages of being a vampire, she would control her eating habits a little better.

After all A life is A life.

A she walked away her father saw the chance to approach this mysterious business man.

And he did so quickly, sitting next to him and blowing the smoke from his pipe once more in the opposite direction

before making eye contact with Adrian "So.... do you and my daughter do things like this a lot..? and does Eric know..?...

this.... Company, LingWu ... its very big here in america yes?" He knew they were a lot of questions, but he was a man who got right down

to business, never sugar coating at all... and if this boys business was as sharp as his colleagues had made it out to be, then he might drop

Erics business Like a bad habit... he never invested in more than one american business at a time.. too risky... but if this proved good,

he might, just might... Making his daughter quit Eric was not a factor A slow process, but a process none the less,

but he needed to make sure this was a good investment.

"I am sorry such terrible manners... I am Lisettes father but you may call me.. Imad... "

(Father)

mens-suits1.jpg

"So I guess in a way we are both selfish..."

Adrian smirked at this dialogue, it was true. They were both selfish, which made them equals -- in a sense. That was probably why they hated each other's guts so much, or maybe a little too much. He had to admit, her little casual seduction was slightly getting into him. Not in a bad way, but in a slightly good light, porbably because they had to 'get along' for the sake of this event, and their reputation.

A facade they want to keep.

Suddenly, the smell of smoke and a slightly familiar voice erupted from his side. It was Lisette's father, the skeptical yet curious type of a businessman. The guy who thought of him as an errand boy and a substute escort for his daughter, now he knew that the dog's name was Eric -- it was so dog-like, so fitting. And it made him want to kill him more and more. Lisette's father, Imad asked a lot of questions. For a businessman who seemed aristocratic and proud, how does he not know about his business? Even people who has no interest with weapons knew of LingWu.

It was that popular.

But of course, business was business.

"No, this is the first time, and like I said earlier it was last minute. I was coming here, and she was too. We were acquiantances, my nephew know her and we met through that." Adrian shrugged, watching the bartender refill his drink. Altering the story had it's good sides, a pride benefit for him and her. He didn't like looking like a replacement, when he was, "And yes, my company is one of the leading industries in the country. We sell to the President, government and export to other countries. Thus, making us an international company and spreading branches from Europe to Asia."

"A pleasure, Imad. You may call me Adrian."

"Right... Ive been investing in A company with Eric for some time now...

and my earning have been great.. but where there is more money there is more opportunity"

He concluded taking another inhale of his pipe before

Looking over at his daughter flirting with the Englishmen

"My daughter is such a free spirit... just like me where she see's opportunity she ceases it..

now I dont know where she might find that in a man like him.." Imad chuckled looking over

at the Enlgishmen

"He works for someone... I like my daughters to date those who own... so they wont be owned... Im sure you follow..

....an arms dealing business you say? and to the president... quite impressive for a boy of your age.." He didnt look

old at all.. too young to be the CEO of anything ... but if he was then that was good -starting out on top, making a name for yourself.

"Eric owns a business too.. more private than anything... I dont invest in many american businesses because

they are always trying to fuck you.... but you... Asian american correct?"

He had to know more.

That dog has a company?

"I'm chinese, yes. My mother is a chinese immigrant and I am her son from her first husband, an american." Adrian said, recalling back to that time when his mother told the tale, years and years ago. He called his father her husband, just for the sake of it. Technically he was, her husband. But they were never married, so he was an illegitimate child. The only illegitimate child between all three of them, for his mother married the second husband, that chinese immigrant -- whom he really never took time to know, and instead focused in taking care of his siblings.

Free spirit, huh?

"I'm already 23," Adrian said, shaking his head with a small smile. But as soon as it came out of his lips, he did seem quite young for an arms dealer who ran the business for years. That was why he refused to show up in too much parties back then, they always comment at how young he looked and seemed, when in reality, he was older than all the men in this room, "Well, I believe the best arms should be sold to the government before anyone else, for these things help us win battles, wars, and defend our country from anything. Thus, keeping people safe."

He let his eyes wander to Lisette, whose sucession with flirting and seducing improved beyond great measures, with the vampiric physique, and charm, she could walk out of here with 10 men trailing after her. But then again, like her dog boyfriend, she was also loyal to her relationship, so everything she did was only for food. Only food. He shook his head lightly, paying his attention back to his drink and gave another shot. Along with it, he remembered his first girlfriend, it was a meaningful, and beautiful relationship, but she never loved him the way he wanted.

Because she couldn't accept what he was.

Girls.

imad raised an eyebrow looking out at lisette then back at the boywho said 23 as if that was old. he chuckled and shook his head "if 23 is the new old then I guess I should be dead tomorrow " He continued thinking of what the boy said about his mother being an immigranthe admired that because it meant he was a hard worker to get where he was he then looked over at lisette and patted the boys shoulder "well I hope to see you around at some other events ..." he beamed, walking back over to join his wife. now wasn't the time to talk businessthis was a party after all. Lisette looked up at her red lip stick removing the blood from the edge of her lips and licking them once. that was quick and perfect. Men....did he actually think she would take him to the bathroom to have sex? she had tried to be as quick as she could and clean also.his body had been easy to dispose of seeing as they were on the waterquick and efficient.she cleared her throat and made her way back to Adrian smiling as she sat down "hey handsome " she said only half way sarcastic ... the alcohol was setting in...she listened to the slow seductive music play and closed her eyes listening "you still owe me a dance "

Status
Not open for further replies.