Stockholm Syndrome

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian followed behind her quietly, his hands dug deep in his pockets. The fragrant smell of her curled brown locks that flowed as she stepped into the boat, assisted by the boat rower. It was alluring, and it was distinct -- a scent that you won't forget. Memorable. If he were a dog like Eric, he would find that scent anywhere -- probably througha werewolf's sense of smell, it was more potent. It was amazing how her human scent still lingered, if she were human, she would have been quite a catch.

As his eyes darkened as he thought about it, thought she was a vampire, vampires could feed from one another, though not for a full meal -- but rather like a little snack. A taste. Again, he was reminded of that icy sweet flavour that pulsed in her veins.

Ah, he must stop this.

Adrian shook his head quietly, his mind began thinking of how this all seemed like a date -- an awkward date. It was only the two of them on the gondola, him, her, and the boat rower. But at thi moment, the boat rower seemed invisible and it seemed like she was the only one with him. These thoughts of his.... it needed to stop. He settled on the post beside her, their shoulders touching ever so slightly, the hot heat intensified the rising tensions. He cleared his throat quietly, falling silent as the rower started to row...

How awkward.

Lisette could feel Adrian tense up a bit, maybe because of the awkwardness...

but the wierd thing about it was.. everything felt so..

natural.

That wasnt good, that was worst than it feeling tense... because if it felt natural that meant it was right

who was she to correct it?

She found herself blushing slightly as she stole a glance at Adrian then let her eyes wander to the scenery which surrounded them

it really was beautiful...

The boat rower only came to her attention when he cleared his throat, a smirk on his face

"Love in beginning stage... beautiful thing" He said in a very thick Sri Lankan accent.

this did nothing but made her cheeks sting worst

"you two stubborn I see in eyes.. love. Just beginning...its okay.. boat trip long. Time is on you side."

He continued, smiling and looking from Adrian to Lisette as he rowed on

Lisette looked down into her lap, her fingers loosely intertwined.

"Friends" She said, though it sounded almost like a question -which made the man chuckle

"Eyes no lie... friends were never there."

stock-photo-gondola-silhouette-on-venetian-canal-at-evening-2670088.jpg

"Love in beggining stage..."

What the hell? The boat row wasn't helping, if only this weren't public place -- he would certainly choke the human and prey on him. Adrian didn't need more encouragement that would help pursue what he tried to stop. He stole a quick glance towards Lisette, and looked away in slight embarassment, busying himself with the sights of Sri Lanka near their water pathway.

As the phantom of silence once again filled the air, a gondola rowing in the opposite direction passed by, it's boat rower sang in a thick italian accent -- imtating the venetian boat rowers in Italy, though his singing voice was cracked and off key. Adrian smirked at this, looking down to his shoes to avoid laughing outloud. As soon as the gondola passed by, Adrian spat out a snort that soon came off as a hearty laugh. A smile shone brightly in his face, as if he had not laughed in shallow humour for so long.

He looked back towards Lisette's way, only to find his laughter dying down as he soon realized how foolish he must've looked. Embarassed, he looked away again, clearing his throat. It wasn't like him to laugh at things like that, but yet it was too. But then again, his facade made people he believe that he was a no-joke type of guy, cool and composed. But he felt so... Comfortable, despite the tension.

This was going to be one hell of a boat ride.

lisette laughed at this as well -how could she not?

just thinking about what the couple must be thinking made her laugh

even more..she loved laughing ..and she loved seeing adrian laugh.

their rower looked at the man serenading and then back at Lisette and Adrian

"what funny?.. must I sing also to get interaction for you two? " the man asked clearing

his throat as Lisettes eyes widened, but before she could stop him he began

"when the moon hits eyes like pieces of pies that's amore!!" he sang with one hand outstretched

and the other rowing

Lisette put her hand over her mouth and looked down, her dark locks falling off her shoulders to

cover her face as she began laughing softly, but it grew louder

because this man sang like a drunken Santa Claus

(LOLOLOL. I know that song!)

Laughter was contagious.

Soon enough after Lisette's outburst, Adrian found himself laughing also --- a kind of laughter that matched hers perfectly. He laughed with her for a great while, it seemed to have lightened the mood in a great degree, everything always felt better with some comic relief. Thought against his serious, straightforward facade, he found himself singing along, "When the world seems to shine, like you've had too much wine --- that's amore." he said in a low, yet shy tone.

He wasn't too proud of singing voice, most likely because no one ever really heard im sing besided himself. But so what? He was already being foolish by riding a gondola, laughing randomly and might as well live it to the fullest and sing along.

He had never felt like this in years, at that moment, he felt free from his facade --- free from the person he built himself to be. He strangely felt human. But of course, even though he could feel the mood lifting, there was still some tension between him and Lisette. Should he let it be, or get rid of it? He stole a glance from her direction before looking away again, damn, for the second time in his life he felt slightly nervous around a woman.

Wait, nervous? What was he, a schoolboy?

Get yourself together, Adrian. You're a man now.

Lisette and him had laughs that sank together

and made one beautiful shy laugh that went right with the song

to be honest his voice wasn't so bad..not at all

and the fact that he sang along meant he was comming out of

whatever resistance he had up, which made her come out slightly as well

she swayed lightly from side to side, eyes slanted as she listened

blushing just a bit at the obserdity of it all but was too engulfed in the moment to care

"when you walk down the street like a clouds at your feet your in love .."

she sang softly along -which egged the man on as he continued singing

pleased with the results

Lisettes eyes wandered from the man, to her hands in her lap

until they wandered right Into Adrians eyes

"yes...that's amore" she whispered breathlessly

he looked wonderful in this light ..his mood...his persona

he was glowing.

[yes me too xD]

Amore.

An italian word for love, beloved, honey, any other affectionate nicknames one can pull off. How strange. They were not lovers, nor even friends. They were two people whose paths met by accident, a kind of fate that happened because of circumstances. Why was he thinking like this? It seemed like he was overthinking this, two people can sing about love without any romantic involvement. Singers do that all the time.

Why does he feel so guilty?

Because he knew that if this went any further, it would lead to that? He shook his head lightly, tearing his eyes away from hers. Damn, resistance was hard. He was good at resisting, but yet but why does it seem like this was harder than everything he had resisted? Love was a bitch, he didn't play with love --- but it played him. It played him well, allured him with lust and sexual tensions.

How cruel.

What was more cruel, was the fact that the other boats had couples. In fact, they were in the middle of a swarm of them. This gondola business, were for romantics. He wanted to see the city, and yet the city wanted to make hims see something else. But what? The embarassment? The foolishness? What? He was confused, or at least that's what he thought he felt.

One of them had to talk, the silence between them was unbearable, more unbearable than the rower's singing.

He stole a glance at her, observing her quietly. "Look at you." Adrian noted, his gaze still at her. She was beautiful, no doubt. But why was she a stripper? Her beauty was not of a hoe's, her beauty was something that painters would paint, and artists draw. Classy, exotic, and soft. "I'm not used to this shyness, I thought when I came to your house for the first time, you would call me a son of a bitch and do a walk out."

That was true, this Lisette -- shy Lisette, was quite a character. But truth be told, he wished she were louder again. But how could she? How could he? Everything became different after Ling's birthday...

Lisette smiled "I'm glad you noticed ...but I'm not the only one shy here..." she notes, pushing him gently

by leaning over and bumping her shoulder to his gesturing the obvious

that it was him being shy also

she sighed and thought about when she had called him a son of a bitch

and giggled to herself "okay okay so maybe you didn't deserve that ..but sometimes you do act like one"

this is something he shouldn't deny because it would only make him look crazy

'always on edge about everything .. you know you never fully explained to me..who ling was...mind sharing?"

ah yes, this infamous character which was the center or their tearing apart...and of their attachment

she was diying to know him.

"Tch." Adrian rolled his eyes, trying to hide the small smile he had at her gestures. He was glad that she loosened up quickly, almost too quickly. It was like as if she was just waiting for him to talk, like a first initiative. He looked lowered his gaze down to the water below the boat, observing the clear liquid ripples the water made as they rowed, "Still doesn't explain why you are shy, you were so bold when you left my house..."

Ah, yes. Along with that fiery temper, that he seemed to find psychologically stimulating. Her anger excited him, playing with fire was dangerous -- but he liked danger, though he seemed not to.

But then she rose another topic, a touchy subject. Ling.

It made him fall silent for a moment, so silent that the boat rower's breathing seemed to be the loudest things nearest them. Adrian heaved a sigh, pursing his lips before he opened his mouth to speak, "He's my younger brother, my favourite sibling. Probably because my sister was still so young at that time, my mother nursed him, and their father worked blood and sweat for us. Then..."

He paused.

"....my brother died. Too quickly, to recklessly and too soon."

Lisette fell silent a moment, her smart remark she had planned

over ruled by the sadness.. no -the anger in Adrian's voice

it saddened hee to hear that...and maybe that was the reason for the

anger he display and impatience ... the pain in his heart.

she looked down for a moment thinking about the right words to say

but there were none.

" that is something no one should have to go through

almost equivalent to a mother burying her child..a mother should never have to do that

and a big brother should never have to bury a younger one..."

she looked at him, resting a hand on his shoulder

"don't be angry.. and I know your angry because I hear it in your voice ...

... reminds me of when I lost my grandmother .... I never even knew her and yet

I would give anything to hear half her breath .."

it was true... she only knew her immediate family ..everyone else has faded to grey after her father's big break

she didn't know why, but in the spur of the moment she reached over and hugged him

embracing him tightly

"we will see them again"

972d5555.jpg

A hug.

A formal display of affection, emotion. Whatever it could be, whatever it was -- he felt it. It was warm and promising, comforting. Whenever he talked of his brother, all he had was his grief. To suffer over it, engulf, drown, and conteplate. It was a cruel, masochisting way of handling things. But all he had was himself, Jesse was too young to understand, and the boy had no siblings. Adrian had two, and they died before his eyes -- but most horrific one was Ling's.

The boy became dog prey.

He could still picture in his mind, that dying face. His small, bloodied body. His desperate breath of air as he lay dying in fron of Adrian, while he called and cried for help -- but no one came. He cried out for help, reaching towards wherever the fields might take his desperate voice that echoed in the silence. Only turn back to where his dying brother laid, but his brother wasn't there. In the wind he vanished, same as the dogs who ravaged him -- and presumably finished him. All that's left was his bloody trails.

There was a difference in the air on that day, an air of sorrow and darkness filled him. Till now, the feeling lingered in his heart for that memory -- so vivid, so real, played in his head too many times.

In these moments of grief, and the comfort offered to him. He couldn't help but accept it, and return it. Soon enough he found himself wrapping his arms around her, pulling her closer. The chill of her body felt like warmth on his skin, the comfort and meaning that it radiated soothed him. It felt good. For the first time in his life, he didn't feel alone. He buried his face on her shoulder, keeping it there for a long time. So long that he could smell her skin, and the blood that pulsed deep down within.

Maybe... Maybe he was still human -- in a sense. His love for his brother kept him human.

....Thank you.

Not alone.

she felt his warmth

fuck the fact that they were dead.

she felt it..and she was happy to help him also

and in comforting her she was comforting herself too

she burried herself deeper into him

she loved his scent

it was wonderful

gripping his shirt so he couldn't let her go

not now dammit. Not yet

But when?

Though in the comfort of her embrace, Adrian couldn't shake the odd feeling. The fact that she was wearing his plaid shirt, that he had on top of the undershirt he only was now wearing, he could smell his own scent. It was like hugging himself in a sense, ironically -- it seemed like he was still alone when he was not -- but he knew he was not. But he just thought of it.

For the sake of dry comic relief.

It was weird hugging a woman casually, for women he "hugged" were naked ones that he usually preyed on after he had his dose of sexual satisfaction. Like what he had always kept in mind, the last girlfriend he had was decades and decades ago. He didn't know what it feels like anymore, his senes of romance was slightly fading in his memory -- or so he thought.

Soon enough, Adrian slowly realized what he had been doing the past few moments. The fact that he was hugging a woman started to sink slowly in his head. He was hugging Lisette. The epiphany alarmed him, causing him to draw away though the grip she had on his shirt were as strong as eagle claws -- holding him like a vicious predator. Ah, newborns. He looked down at her, watching her, "Seeing how you're already wearing my other shirt, do be cautious with this one." he said awkwardly with a shaky chuckle, he was back into his awkward state of mind...

But at least they were talking.

once again she was embarrassed.

it was as if he didn't want her attention

and she once again wasn't used to nor being wanted She crossed her arms and pouted

looking anywhere but at him

why was she so upset by this? she had a boyfriend

but that was slowly fading..she could feel it.

she sighed and leaned back

she had nothing else to say really "ill try not to rip it."

she said frankly

Lisette had had enough of this embarrassment

she had to detach herself from him

(Falling out love for Eric, poor doggie. LOL.)

"You're like a spoiled little girl." Adrian concluded casually, musing over her pouted and evidently disappointed face. But why? What was there to be disappointed about? Hopefully it wasn't what he was thinking -- no, of course not. Impossible. The woman was so faithful to that dog, just like a nun is faithful to her God. It can't be, it can't possibly be that she was also feeling the growing emotions he tries so hard to stop, "Who gets everything she wants."

He sighed, tilting his head slightly. He was overthinking, this whole... Theory. It's all in his head -- it's impossible. Whatever it is that he was starting to feel towards her, forever will be unrequited -- whatever it was that he felt and growing to. Women can really destroy men, even unintentionally. They can explode their brains without even effort, women were dangerous.

Adrian smirked at her one-sentence reply, the fact that he was teasing her made him lighten up. But then it seemed like she took it the wrong way, but surely enough she wasn't taking it that way. That kind of way that as if she wanted to stay in his arms, that way was far too impossible. The dog likes her, she likes the dog -- they're fucking soulmates. He frowned at this thought, shaking his head, "You can't get everything in this world you know..."

I can't have you.

Spoiled?

Lisette still had no contact with him -she refused to.

She refused to be embarassed to herself again.

No more making moves

"Your absolutley right. I cant have everything.. I dont want everything"

She concluded, her voice quiet and to the point

"I dont know what I want anymore... but I know its not everything."

I know what I dont want

to be rejected again... making passes at you is something I havent been able

to control lately... but I have to try a little harder...

she thought to herself

She pulled his shirt closer over her body, a cold chill ran through the area for a second

not nearly as cold as his cold shoulder

Spoiled... psh.

(LOL Yupp... but Adrian is so damn difficult with his emotions I hate it but I love it. for this much work a ring should be in order! lmao xD GRRRR and eric is not a dog!!!!)

(Well, Adrian's not like Juris who was just a plain rebel, nor Alois who was just an ass for fun, or Ethan who found Anna "interesting" and led to the point of easily loving her since he never been with anyone but his anger. Adrian's like a mix of them, with more layers. LOL. I like making spins on my characters xP About the ring, let's see... If Lisette suceeds. Bwahaha. And Eric's not a cat either.)

Of course she wouldn't.

Though a stripper, she was the type of girl her parents pampered often. Probably that dog pampered her too, ah, that mutt -- to love a woman, it's not about the gifts and things -- nor was it only about making her happy. It was about independence, and understanding. Because without that, during the hard times, and the busy days -- a pampered woman's expectations are always too high. They always expect things, leaving little room to understand why something wasn't fulfilled like it was always used to.

Sometimes, both sides of the party has to two work together, or else nothing would grow but hate and guilt. Ah, why was he thinking this? He felt like a hopeless romantic that had a sense of practicality. Wait, hopeless romantic? Damn that. It must the mood the gondola was giving... There was no hope for romance in this boat -- even if it may seem so.

"That's the thing, isn't it?" Adrian quietly, giving her a side glance as if awaiting her agreement. He sighed quietly, looking back towards the water below the boat, "You don't know what you actually want, till you have the courage to find it yourself."

Something...

"Something real, something that feels right. It doesn't come by force, or a psychological settlement -- it's something that once you saw it, felt it, you know it was what you were looking for. If you force yourself, then you're lying to yourself."

Damn the hypocrisy that came from his mouth, when it comes to himself he always ate his words. All the words he spoke of came from his mind and heart -- if he had one. Damn humans too, he thought vampires are numb in love and lust was all they felt. Maybe this was just lust, but how can he find out if he felt love?

I... Have to know myself.

"What do you think you want?"

( I am thankful that all your characters are different, but that Adrian?he is a challenge and his personality conflicts with Lisettes... he doesn't even try to meet her half way!! lol but yea I guess thats what makes a good RP :) and the ring? I WILL RING IT OUT OF ADRIAN LOL.... ohh and yea hes not a dog or cat he is a WOLF. Not even a wolf he is a WEREWOLF he is a supernatural creature dammit!! lol )

Lisette thought about his words.. and silently agreed by nodding once

"Well sure, sometimes you have to go find it... but sometimes you dont...."

Her voice trailed off thinking of the irony of this whole conversation, but she found her voice to speak again

"Sometimes you dont even see love comming.. and you dont realize its what you've wanted all along...

its not always what you plan, but its something you want in the long run.... nothing is ever going to be perfect... especially for us..."

She pressed on, referring to the fact that they were vampires

"You and me are never going to wake up every morning and get everything we want.

Mostly we got to take what comes. And half the time, that's gonna be a bunch of bullshit... we have to take these cards

and flip them, without expecting much help"

She concluded, nodding as if to silently agree with herself

"Love? is never perfect -never... and your right it never comes by forcing.... some people are never meant to be it just happens.."

Lisette couldn't help but ponder a little further...

It was true.... You should never force anything... had she forced this with Eric? -No, but it didnt come easy either..

because of busy schedual, they would always have to fit each other in.. and thats something you shouldnt have to do.. or it shouldnt be a problem..

its something that should be worth it.

but its always a problem.

"Me?.. damn, Lisette what do you want?" She giggled, asking herself out loud.

"I want everything good for me... and to be able to leave out all the rest."

She said bluntly...

it was a general statement, but he didnt ask for details. So short and sweet it was.

It was amazing how fast time flew, the sun was already setting in the sky... creating a beautiful

orange that interrupted the blue skies only to make something even more beautiful than the day had already been

A warm summer night.

venicesunsetx.jpg

As they neared the end of the ride, she could see the carnival lights from where the boat was docking, it made her excited...

but she also noticed something else, a man who looked like a tourist,sat by the dock, his hat full of dollars as he played the requests of locals on his guitar and sang. The boats docked one at a time, and theirs was still in line,

so they had a front row seat... and it could not have been more beautiful

As the song ended, she couldnt help but be set into deep thought... this man had obviously found love, or had been in love before... she

wanted that.

"I want that... I want to feel love when it hits me so I know its real"

(Eric's a poser who boasts emptily. LOL. He's a kitty cat.)

"...I didn't even say anything about love." Adrian said, processing the words she had blurted out. Though he only provided a simple, and mindless theory about finding the things you desire -- love escaped her lips. "Seems to me, that it is love you seek. But why?"

Why?

She had Eric, was she not satisfied? This Eric who spoiled her and "showered" her with love? This Eric who really was a ruthless dog, who dresses like Clark Kent and sells sex for living? Even used his OWN girlfriend to make money? She wasn't satisfied? He was confused, it really seemed like Eric was the one she would marry. Sometimes, he would hear Jesse and her talking about Eric, about how he was her forever.

But now... Now it seemed like she wasn't satisfied. Ah, spoiled brats.

Though in thought, he watched the musical tourist play his song. He had a good voice, and his heart spoke in his lyrics. This man seemed to be talking about a woman who loves him, but he's taken. Kind of like an affair, something like that. He doesn't know why, but he felt slightly affected by the song. If the pronouns were changed...

...He felt like it was singing to him.

Fuck, he doesn't love her. Or even fall for her... No. He can't.

"You talk like you're single and looking."

Status
Not open for further replies.