Stockholm Syndrome

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Only if you're willing to learn." Adrian said plainly, drawing his fingers away from the piano -- tucking them under his arms. After those words, he let the silence of awkwardness flow in the room, swimming around their head, piercing brains and bodies. What was she doing here? How did she find him? How did it even come to this... Decent, yet casual talking?

Well for the moment, it was decent.

He tried his best not to meet her eyes, or even look her way. This time, it was not only for the fact that he won't give her what she wanted, but it was also for himself. A new defensive mechanic to avoid what he had foreshadowed, at this rate, if she kept this up --- he would certainly fall for her, especially now that he felt a bit more connected with her, than any other woman he had slept with. There were strings attached in this one, and it was something he just couldn't let go, or even keep either.

How ironic.

"What brings you here?"

Lisette half smiled still looking down at the keys

what had brought her here in all honesty?

"the music at first ...then I ..."

I seen you here

she cleared her throat slightly

trailing her eyes from the keys to his torso

and up to his eyes...even if they didn't match hers

"...I don't know "

why was she acting this way? she felt so attached to

Adrian now.

it was clear he was fighting it better than her. So she looked away

though she couldn't help but feel she was getting the cold shoulder

did she expect something more than that?

again silence .....

butterflies in her stomach and knees slightly weak

again why? all these unanswered questions rang in her

head. she sighed quietly and shifted her attention back

to the keys

"I'm willing to learn ..."

I'm willing to learn a lot

Silence.

Well, what now? It was his turn to speak, yet what should he speak of? He was overwhelmed by the moment, that his mind didn't think any straighter. How did it even get to this? It was just him and the piano, now it's him, her, and the piano. Though he was looking away, he could feel the radiance of her presence, the cold and warmth her body radiated, and the smallest of breaths that she took. Damn heightened senses, it was't doing him any good. In fact, it made it worse.

Damn lust, no, not this way. He felt like a schoolboy in denial, he can't be alone with her --- nor be just with her. Just like now, he must avoid every oppurtunity that would allow him to get to know her more. Because when that happens, everything will go beyond the lust he felt. He was just that kind of person, he valued the art of love. Love powered him to do the most dangerous things, the love for his brother made her a vampire, the love for for his brother drove him closer to her. Making him fear a different kind of love, a love he didn't want to enter. A love between a man and woman.

Something he cannot allow.

"Maybe, if we're not running on borrowed time. I'll teach you." Adrian said after a moment, rising up the piano seat, turning further away from her to avoid letting her see the small smirk forming involuntarily on his lips. Why was he smirking? Did he find her curiosity cute? Damn it, Adrian. This was not him, it was so out of character --- well the character of his facade. He must remain closed, he cannot open up to her, "I'm going... For a walk." he muttered, walking swiftly out of the room, only to lean on the nearest wall beside the door frame, tilting his head back as he unbuttoned the top most button of his plaid shirt, releasing a deep breath from his lips as if he were holding it in.

Why did it feel the aura felt so heavy?

Maybe it was just him.

Lisette sat there a moment, she felt more embarrassed then anything

what was she doing? she almost felt like she was chasing him -which she wasn't used to

because she was always being chased..

but these feelings she was developing....

it was almost what she felt when she looked at the paintings she made, inspired by dreams and such...

her mother always told her that she would stop dreaming about love and put down that paint brush when she found something

real..

... so she guessed that up until now she had been dreaming all along.

She slowly arose and straightened herself. If he could beat this then so could she...

Why was she chasing him anyways? like a little lost dog looking for affection when it was obvious that, that person wasn't going to give it.

Eric... if anything Eric had given her affection all along.. so maybe this was just a faze.

Lisette walked out of the room, a little frustrated and embarrassed but at least now she knew

He didnt feel whatever she felt. Anyways she had a date with her mother today.

Eric sat at the breakfast table along with Seth and Imad, Imad had been rather quiet this whole time

and Eric had known Imad to be some what of a talker -a skeptator.. but now he had morphed into an observer

and with him being the main person so impress he was diying to know what was on his mind

"Good morning sir.. I hope you slept well.. looks like your mind is somewhere else" Eric concluded, playfully with his boyish charm and smile

though he meant every word.

The early bird gets the worm.

Imad Looked up at Eric from his plate and smiled briefly before sipping his orange juice "A lot of things are on my mind right now.

but all in all I slept well.. and yourself?"

Eric looked around once, letting his eyes sweep the room... he missed Lisette, hadn't seen her since last night...

but she was probably with her mother doing those girl things they normally did.. maybe he would take her to dinner tonight...

"I slept descent."

Enter, Adrian.

"...just e-mail me the proposal so I can look over it -- alright?"

Luckily, Kyle provided him enough distraction by calling him and alerted him about a proposal the Research Department gave, regarding about the research of other alternatives of nuclear that would give the same effect. It was risky business, he would approve of it -- but then again he had to pass it to the government to get it approved, before he could approve it himself. Nuclear alternatives was risky business -- it was a like playing with fire.

Either or, he'd make good money and take pride in his products. In all honesty, he liked weapons, it fascinated him. He remembered those times when he would sit alone with a black powder revolver he'd get from an auction, studying it's mechanisms, it's powder made of sulfur, potassium nitrate and charcoal. He remembered how he would collect the powder, storing it in glass jars only to study it further -- and how to make it stronger.

It was a passion he once had written all over his house, his basement -- used to be a workshop full of blueprints, materials, his collection of gun powder and tools. When LingWu wasn't as big as it was now, he used to be the one who made the prototypes. But now he had a company to run, and there was th manufacturing plants and the engineers to build his ideas, and their ideas for him and the company. He was a busy man now, the only thing he could do was to make sure business ran well and people earned their pay.

That's all that matter now.

Pocketing his phone, he jerked his head up to meet the face of Seth, Imad, and the dog. "Ah, good morning all." he smiled, walking towards a seat at the table, placing himself down on it quietly. His eyes wandered at each of them, he was in a good mood -- the piano got him in a good mood. Put aside the heavy moment with Lisette. He eyed Eric for a moment, "The Clark Kent look today, are we?" he acknowledge, emphasizing the man's glasses and hairdo.

Of course, you'll act like the hero. All of you do. All of your kind do.

Superman ain't savin' shit.

Eric smirked at Adrian's comments. He wasn't really going for that look, but if Adrian wanted to compare him to one of the greatest superheros of all time

then bi all means. "No just me..that's where he gets his style from. Me." he joked, smiling wide

and sweeping his eyes across the table to gather everyone else's smiles too.

he loved it. Give me more.

"Has anyone seen Lisette from last night? ... she left in quite a hurry from last night. " Imad chimed in, changing

the subject but not purposely, he really was worried.

Eric's smile faded as he watched her mother come into view and make her way to sit down

"well... I thought she was with you " Eric nodded towards her mother who yawned and sat next to imad

"No. Lisette told me she needed alone time. So she took her car we have here for her

and she left not too long ago. Her mother concluded in a thick Italian accent.

Eric thought about this a moment. And came to the conclusion that he didn't Like it.

Her father laughed at the mans expression, the first time Eric had seen the man laugh since he landed.

"don't worry yourself. Sri Lanka is not like America. Shes fine... exploring this side of her culture probably

something I want her to do but now that Lisette is being brought up Eric I think you should know

as long as she is... apart of your 'business' I have no intention on signing papers with you"

...what?

Eric sat up and looked at imad curiosly but he couldn't find the civilized words to say

"listen.. I am known amoungst my people..what do you think they would say if they found out my daughter works at

one of these clubs i am invested in?...." Imad continued explaning himself

further.

Eric sat there for a second and contemplated what he was being told

If he let Lisette go.... then he lost money

unless her father turned out to be one hell of a investor

he would also have to find someone equal to Lisette

which was a job all in itself. Fucking humans.

only look out for how they'll look when it was never much of a view.

"she was planning on quitting soon anyways" Seth continued his father's speech

not that that made it better

"was she?" Eric said darkly.

Self control Eric...is key...

He cleared his throat and picked up his fork, his face expressionless

"that's fine." he said bluntly

when was Lisette going to tell him that? what the Fuck happened to communication ?

anger wasn't the word for what he was feeling.

But he would deal with it and Lisette later.

Silence.

Imad turned to Adrian now and nodded

"and you... business good?" he said, referring to whatever phone call he just recieved.

Early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Truth be told, Adrian resisted the temptation to laugh the slightest, stuffing his mouth with the disgusting human food to keep him busy. He saw that look in Eric's face that slightly escaped his composure. He could tell that the man was pissed at this sudden decision, and he took this advantage to torture him further. "Why the long face, Eric? You look quite bothered, has the news startled you? It shouldn't be a problem letting Lisette go, seeing how you say that you use no one."

Exactly.

With the shifting of spotlight towards his direction, he gave Imad a humble glance "Yes, it was just a phone call to inform me about the proposal, that the Reearch Department submitted that would allow them to explore nuclear alternatives. If the proposal looks good, I'll send it to the government for approval. If we can make this happen, not only we can create much more efficient and powerful weapons -- but also, it could help America have cheap electricity costs and save energy. It's like hitting two birds with one stone."

At this light, I look a lot better than you, dog. You're just nothing but a poser at the moment.

Eric heard Adrians words, but he refused to even give that cannibal the satisfaction

He looked up at him placidly

"I dont. And there is no long face here... your just looking too hard"

He concluded, going back to his food.

Imad smiled proudly at Adrian however, patting him on the back as he sat

"I never took you for an enviormentist... keep up the good work son"

This struck a nerve in Eric...

What the hell? he got a proposal who the hell cares?

whats he gonna do? go eat the casualties from the aftermath of his weapons?

infrared-sauna-stress.jpg

Lisette lay in the sauna thinking about everything that had happened in such a short amount of time

She had been turned into a vampire, she had met this man who supposedly wanted to help her...

she had some what fallen for him...

fallen out of love with Eric or is falling out...

and now she lays in a sauna in the place she promised herself she would never come back to for more than a few hours

she remembered this place.

Before The world even noticed her fathers face let alone his business

and now he was a bright shining star.

She closed her eyes and sighed...

no matter how much her mind wandered she couldn't get him off of it.

Him.

She blinked, watching the sweat drip off of her skin and the place began to fog

she hoped it might fog her mind.

Get it together Lisette. He doesnt want you.

You want Eric and He wants...

your fathers investment.

Thats it.

"Whatever you say" Adrian brushed off, though it was amusing what kind of remarks the dog's defensiveness gave. But of course everything must be done in moderation, for too much would soon be tasteless and frowned upon. "Thank you, sir." he said, turning towards Imad -- again with the humble face he pulled off effortlessly. Eric wasn't much of mind at the moment, for what he paid most attetnion was the fact that Imad was slowly becoming partial to him. Everything seemed to be going in his sail of direction, but of course except one thing...

Lisette.

Then again his thoughts come back to her, whenever he looked at her parents -- he would see her face in them, haunting him. It really pushed away his focus, it was distracting. More distracting than Eric's annoying face that he wanted to shoot the living daylight out of with a shotgun, soon, soon he will shoot that dog into bits. Along with his business burning behind him as he watched Eric die, what a sadistic yet humourous thought. It made him smirk.

He looked down to his plate of food for a distraction, he mut drive himself away from thinking of her -- anything would do. Anything. "So." Adrian said after a moment, "Have any plans today?"

imad shrugged looking out to the city

"well this was supposed to be a business day

and I spend time with each of you individually

but it would be unfair to my wife since Lisette went to do her own thing ...

if you two want you can go explore the city .... there is much to see

and do.. I know you both are too old for it, but there will

be a carnival tonight ... Lisette loves them and will no doubt be attending " he chuckled

"don't let the tradition for you Sri Lanka has a lot of fashion here, you just have to go to the city to Get it.

normally they reserve it for tourists such a yourselves ..."

it was true. though many in Sri Lanka appreciated tradition,

modern fashion existed everywhere, and had the same stores

as the u.s if not more.

Eric thought about this a second

yes he needed to her out of this house ...and if he found Lisette

before the carnival he could no doubt confront

her alone. with that thought in mind he arose "I think I'll do just that. "

imad nodded "cars are in the back"

"Sounds good." Adrian said, nodding quietly as he rose from his seat, giving them a farewell bow before heading towards the back of the house to pick a car. Personally, he'd love to drive his own car -- his BMW -- almost any person would prefer their own car than someone else's. This was no time to be picky thought, he was granted an oppurtunity to drive, he should embrace the advantage.

He looked amongst the set of cars, no doubt that Imad has invested in some really fancy cars -- even sports cars. But then again, Sri Lanka doesn't have to much highways in the city that would make choosing a sports car a rational decision. Instead, he went for nice, classy looking sedan. A Nissan Altima -- just like the one that looked like his old car before he bought the BMW. Simple, classy and stylish.

nissan-altima-coupe-tinted-black-glass-lexani-cs2-22-inch-wheels-rims.jpg

As he proceeded in opening the car's door, he felt Lisette's presence calling out to him, thought she was far away from here, her presence lingered like an invisible phantom. A nostalgia that begged for him, why was it after that night they shared in accident, everything felt so different after? How strange. He had to bear with this for three more days, hopefully he doesn't find himself driving to where she was.

And there was the carnival...

Should he attend?

Eric had went out to the cars just as quickly as Adrian

he stood in front of the car Adrian had chosen on purpose and smirked

as he began pacing towards it. Until his pacing turned to running

and as soon as he for close enough, he jumped in the air

and turned into a wolf, his paws landing on top of the car

careful not to bring his claws out. He showed his fangs off, twisting into a smirk

before leaping off, following Lisettes faint smell

damn his senses were low now ...

but he must find her.

Lisette had woken up still inside the sauna

she sat up slowly and stretched

it had been nice ..too nice.

She wrapped her towel around herself

tightly and opened the door, releasing the fog from inside.

Now she smelt of sweet inscence and such that had been added

to the room.

she retreated to the next faze. a massage.

She needed it. Not soon after she had laid down, she felt hands on her bare back

from which they had peeled off the towel and began to sooth her

with oils and such

she closed hee eyes and let it take her...

maybe even her mind somewhere else

it seemed even after Adrian's blood ...

nothing else fully satisfied her thirst.

Adrian frowned at Eric's little stunt, his fangs grew as quickly as he came close, growling menacingly. He watched Eric leap off the car's hood, padding towards the distance to who knew where. "I'm becoming more partial to cats, day by day. They're a tad smarter than these... mutts." he muttered in irritation. How annoying.

What the hell did Lisette see in that guy?

Wait, what? Just as when he told himself to stop thinking about her, there she was in his head again. If he had a heart, it would've been beating fast at the heavy pressure he was experiencing. Everytime he thought about her, his body ached for her. Damn lust, how can he stop it? By getting to know her? Then what? Fall for her? It's better this way, she'll just be an eye candy. Just an eye candy.

But for how long? Adrian did not wish to count, he was in Sri Lanka -- might as well enjoy his stay. Without further thoughts he went in the car and started the engine to life. Here goes to whatever.

Eric was on her trail now ...

her scent had lead him not to the city, but to a rural part of town

into a village area and then the scent vanished.

the hell was going on? He went behind a tree and quickly morphed back to human form

where the hell was she? and why did her scent fail here?

he knew he didn't blend ... but he refused to give up his fashion sense for theirs

he sighed frustratedly and began walking around observing and watching

Lisette walked out of the spa feeling refreshed

her short blue sundresses raidiated beautifully contrasting with her skin

she breathed in noticed a change in the air

"....Eric" she felt his prescence

wait why could she feel his presence? he wasn't a vampire she

was sure. Maybe she had been around him so long he was familiar

she didn't know, but as of right now she didn't want to be found by him.

chinese-room-pan2.jpg

The room was a heavily chinese-themed room. Matched with undoubtly oriental build, statues, ornaments and of course -- dim lit ambience. Inside, sat a man about around his 30s, handsome, pale, with a recognizable asian face. He wore a black longsleeved turtleneck, with his arms folded across his chest, his face slightly smirked as he watched the young man who sat across from him read from the notebook he held in his hands.

"A nocturne from the reckless heart, a lost soul in the cold darkness..." the young man said quietly, his eyes darting across the words on his pages, his lips spoke every word with distinct, organic tones. Like the other man, the young man was handsome, his eyes were a slight bit more chinkier, his complexion pale, "...a drifting wave disperses towards the shore of his dreams, he stood his ground though blind and confused, sang his melody to find his way back home." the young man closed his notebook quietly, returning the gaze of the other.

"Was that a poem?" the man asked the young man, "It's pretty good."

The young man shrugged, "I don't know what it is, I just wrote it. I don't know what it is I wrote, I am just as lost as the man I wrote about."

"You're not lost."

"But I am yet to be found."

--------------------------------------------------

Sri Lanka wasn't too bad. In fact it was underestimated.

It was a fairly decent city, and even thought just driving around --- Adrian was impressed. Those damn, cocky, casucasian brats. They did nothing better but criticized small countries. Sri Lanka was small, but it was rich in culture, with a touch of urban. Imad was also right about the fashion, there were fairly fashionable apparell. Apparently, he had spotted some that he fancied already, reminding himself to return and pruchase it soon after he had made at least around about the city.

Suddenly, a heavy feeling in his chest escaped him and the thought of Lisette appeared in his head. Weirdly enough, he felt her presence. It was so strong that it was unbearable, so strong that his eyes began searching for her and there she was. Dressed in a beautiful blue sundress that went perfectly against the complexion, Lisette was like a doll that stood outside of the spa. She looked bothered and lost, he thought of calling out to her, but his better judgement seized him to stop. He couldn't. Once he starts, when does he stop?

But he couldn't just leave her there either. His emotions won't let him.

He looked back at her again, his hands gripped on the steering wheel tightly as he found himself driving to her part of the sidewalk, pushing down the window of the passenger side of the car using the controls on his seat. Tilting his head lightly, he looked at her and looked away quickly for too much would lose his self control, "Get in."

Lisette was startled to see Adrian all of the sudden

she hadn't even sensed him

probably because she had been so worried about Eric's aura so close

she slowly got inside the car and put on her seatbelt

stealing a glance at Adrian before looking down at her finger nails

and playing with them idly

anything to keep her mind off of him

the air was thick with temptation and other things

she could feel it and she was sure he felt it too

"Adrian .. I don't want it to be this way between us...

please ... just .... lets talk"

her voice was quiet and almost humble

she no longer cared to yell at him ...

all she wanted was to be around him

it had become a little more than she could stand

how do you sleep?

she hesitated, before putting her hand on top of the hand he wasnt steering with

"I think we need to talk..."

they had to. this tension they had was

going to take over them soon ...she thought it best they

talk at the least

as soon as her hand met his she felt a surge of sensuality run

through her ... she immidatley took her hand away

and ran her fingers through her hair

"..how ..how is y-your day?"

What was wrong with her?

Why does it seem like she wanted to reconcile? The woman who woke up on that day, running around naked in his house before leaving with his robes, calling him a son of a bitch. That woman, her, the way she spoke at the moment made the tension between them heavier. It was so heavy that Adrian was going to explode if she came any closer. Her words, her voice, the way she spoke, those awkward and confused dialogues that came out of her mouth -- he couldn't help but think why.

Why?

Why did she seem to make it so hard for him lately? Before she was just a woman he could yell and put off with a little spar of words that they threw at each other, but why does it seem that now he even refuses to speak to her? So many changes in such short time, sudden changes. The way she touched his hand, the sensations that flew in his body as he felt her fingers brush against his as it drew away as soon as it came. It made Adrian clear his throat, as if warding off the thoughts that crawled in his head.

Damn these thoughts. Damn everything.

But her question made him smirk, because he it was a way to pick on her. Not only for self satisfaction, but lighten the heavy tension that he knew would go to a lot of places. "My day has not even yet started, Lisette. It's still early in the morning, not even noon has passed. I wouldn't call it a day as of yet."

Silence.

"But... Since you are here, and I am just doing nothing but exploring Sri Lanka. Considering that you live here --- mind suggesting things we can do?"

Adrian, what are you doing?

Lisette tensed up at his words...

"Considering that you live here....."

She cut her eyes at him as they darkened.

"Lets get one thing clear... I dont live here." She concluded, before looking straight ahead and sighing

Village-Girl-In-Thailand-Courtesy-of-Thai-Kwon-Do.jpg

"Lisette come here... we are leaving this place... we wont be comming back at least not for a while..

you dont live here anymore.. we dont live here anymore...

Im going to give you the world.."

She thought about her fathers words then, when she wasn't anything more than a little village girl..

and he kept his promise.

She cleared her throat and blinked twice comming back to reality now...

She looked the other way and thought about things and places to go..

This was her first time comming here and actually visiting this part of town again...

normally she stayed in the cities and thats only when she absolutely had to come here

but she had made her dad a promise, and she knew it would make him happy.

"Theres a boat thing not far from here.. you get on the boat and they row you around and show you the area."

She concluded.

Ah yes she remembers...

They were beautiful boat tours, up and down the city

A great way to relax as well,

the theme much adopted from Venice style boat tours

Venice.Day+2-3+(Jun+10)+-+010.jpg

(example above)

moving you slowly along the coast, whether you be with a family friend or significant other

Like a gondola then?

Adrian paused for a moment, paying attention to the road he drove on as he contemplated at her suggestion. Oddly enough, it felt like they were planning an unexpected date - seing how it seemed to be what he thought, it gave a whole new awkward feeling. Well, only for him, or at least so he thought. WAs he going to stay in denial? Oh what the hell, she was in his car -- it would be rude to kick her out. Adrian knew well that he was digging his own grave by doing this -- but it was here, he can't push it away,

"Sounds good." he said after a moment, nodding lightly as he followed the road that was close to the water, presuming that whatever that boat thing was, it should be in the nearest body of water that is in or have surrounded the city. After a few steers and turns, he found what he was looking for --- and it was gondolas, well, majority of it. The show-offs went in speedboats.

As he parked his car, he leaned back on his seat for a moment before unbuttoning his plaid top -- taking it off, revealing his white, body fit tank top undershirt that showed off his athletic built body, and finely toned arms that were not too buff, or too plain. "I know in this humid, you wouldn't want to, but wear it for a few minutes. We have to cover your scent." Adrian told her, handing her the shirt to wear over her dress. The pattern's colours matched her blue dress, so it was just about right.

He had to cover her scent, surely enough that dog's looking for her -- and dogs follow scents. Eric's likelyhood to find her in Sri Lanka will lessen if she was covered in his scent. Though she maybe a vampire, and had the scent of one, Lisette had a distinct kind of natural human-ish scent (considering how she was still a newborn vampire) that still lingered in her skin.

As he handed her the shirt, he clicked the door open and stepped out of the car, releasing a deep release of air. He felt like if he stayed there any longer, the tensions between them would persist. Now, they had this gondola thing -- to be frank, he wanted to see more of Sri Lanka, but it looked like he would be needing her help. As he waited for her, he wached the boats float on the water, tourists, and peopel of all sorts rode in them with their cameras or just themselves, admiring the sights as the rower rowed off towards the distances.

How nice.

(lol *face palms* thats what I meant.. gondola)

Lisette looked at the shirt a moment, then at Adrian... he was so fit..

he was perfect. She felt like a little girl getting a VIP pass with her favorite Jonas brother.

But why so giddy? she had to quit this behavior.

As she put on the shirt she thought about what he had said about covering up her scent.. but why?

Eric- yes she could sense him, but there was no way he could sense her.

Who cares? not her. Not at the moment.. a question for another time.

She got out of the car and followed him to the dock where the gondolas were porting and then rowing off

"I personally Like gondolas better than speed boats.. it gives you a feel for the city you know?" She confessed as the man helped her on

with a firm hand

It was almost romantic, even at this early hour... it was almost.. a date?

The thought of that made her blush.. she had to shake it off... if anything they were just friends going on a tour around the city together

Even though she had tried to engrave that into her mind it was hard not to think otherwise considering all the gondolas carrying just a male and a female

were for couples as you could tell by the cuddling and hand holding.

Lisette kept her hands in her lap, inhaling the air and the fresh scent of Adrian -which was all around her now that she had the jacket on

maybe this is what.. his embrace feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.