Stockholm Syndrome

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian watched listened to her anxious footsteps, but of course he wouldn't ditch Imad for a her. That's the dog's job, he was a bit out of that --- well not really. Now after they had done what they had done, there was no turning back. He had every right to annoy her, talk to her, and everything. Even after this, watching over her was crucial --- she was still a part of his plan, and he was still part of his secret. No doubt the woman will keep an eye on him, especially because Eric was here.

He'll deal with her later, after all -- he was her creator.

He looked around the table, after Lisette's sudden leave, the rest of them submitted to unspoken awkwardness. Looing down on their food, eating away quietly. It was too silent. Too silent that it was becoming unbearable, someone had to talk, "So." he said after a moment, "How's business Eric?"

Probably as bad as rotten food, what the hell does his company do anyway?

Eric cleared his throat after hearing the blood suckers voice

he hated it. he detested being in the same room as this creature

and not ripping him to shreds....

and he hated how his eyes followed lisette.

but he must keep calm he was in the presence of a potential investment opportunity

he sighed quietly before picking up his wine glass and sipping some

his eyes shifted to Adrian, his senses more alive in his silent rage

are you fucking talking to me?

he cleared his throat and instead smirked

"which company? my father has two but ill assume its the one that

is I am here for ... business is business. Racked in around

3 mil this week from a different investor .. and now we even have bases in Japan which was hard

because the Japanese culture doesn't really tolerate those things ...

they came around eventually ... when we offered them a deal...like I said business is business

and everyone wants a piece of the pie

even those who can't taste it." he concluded, glaring at Adrian

"ill just go check Lisette ..." her mother said, smiling as she was greatful to get away

from then tension in the room as well as the business talk

Seth was confused

he was no fool but he had no idea

what kind of low blows they were throwing at each other

but he had no intention on stopping it these four days

only to fuel it. And whoever cracked under pressure would be the unlucky

son of a bitch to go home one less investor.

"I admire both companies " he chimed, his father just observing

"firearms is a good investment ..there will always be wars so there will always be weapons, and the

need for them...lots of money .. also ... we are all men here so please forgive me but

there will always be the need for pussy as well ... men have done silly things over it ...

killed, destroyed, ..even died ..back in old times here in Sri Lanka ...the key wasn't always seducing

that was just part... but in all honesty it was who was the most powerful..the most fire power..weapons

means to protect -whatever you want to call it who got the girl.

I miss those days " Seth concluded, shrugging

"well... I have all of that and more ...plus I don't need to fight for Lisette ..she's not going anywhere

and her father knows she's in good hands... what about your business?" he gestured

to Adrian

to shift the spotlight a little

"The Japanese like Host Clubs." Adrian said quietly, playing with his fork with his fingers, "More interactive, and it's a popular business -- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, but I usually study a country's business chain whenever I want to open a base." He told Imad and Seth, being the Devil's Advocate to Eric's little boast.

"So far, my only base is in America with different manufacturing plants. Since I work for the government, and is an American arms company --- they kept a keen eye on me. America brags about their firearms and has every right to, they only allow me to export handguns and grenades, while the big guys are reserved for them. I didn't mind of course, they pay me an amount similar to what a company with bases abroad gets --- plus, I'm legal."

Yup, that was for you Eric --- you aren't legal.

"Well, the need for... Females is common, but in this way, it's rather rash. It's like you're rather lacking taste --- using things that are worn out, and even involving other people in the process." Adrian may be a female hunter when it comes to prey, he may lure them, seduce them, but he held strong opinions about them. Whores for him, are rather trashy -- he thought women should have class. And a man like Eric, who boasted about his business, that only boomed in the expense of Lisette was rather fucked up. If it were Adrian, he would never ever do that to her.

Wait, why was he involving Lisette in this, this way?

Was it because techinically --- he became the other man? Because of that little drumk accident, it strengthened the bond of creator and vampire, wooing him to think of thoughts like this? How interesting, and distracting.

Touche'

Seth thought as he smirked to himself and continued eating

"Touche' .."

Eric wasnt having it however, his face was reddening slightly and he loosened his tie sitting back in his chair

"Touche'? I dont think so. I use no one. Some people just like to be used... I was taught only the strong survive..

my money is X and my personal is Y and I dont care where the difference comes from" He said bluntly referring to the girls

all but Lisette. He had never forced Lisette or influenced her in any way to be apart of his company...

Lisette has issues.. trust issues and everything else... of course she doesnt talk about them and he wouldn't force her until she was ready

but she always said she felt good when she got up on that stage... so who was he to stop her?

"As for the japs well.... regardless of whether they have clubs or not the fact that my business is... 'Illegal' they were skeptical none the less...

and it doesn't make you smart.. it just makes you a very clever librarian."

Fucking book worm. What does he do all day? read up on what He was doing?

Fuckin' hater.

"As long as everyone is making money there is no illegal or legal at least not in my eyes... we will proper regaurdless because there will always be a need for whores

just like there will always be a need for classy girls.. you have to balance the yin and yang.. now Lisette .. shes no whore of course not... she just has fun doing crazy things...

she can leave whenever she wants and I would still have money."

I will have money when no one at this table has money

if I died now, money would still haunt me.

Nice Save

Seth was sure that his father might have jumped across the table listening to the man speak of whores with Lisettes name in the same sentece.. but he did

explain himself properly

As much as he didnt want to interrupt the argument he needed to say something on that note

"I dont plan on letting my sister continue in this business much longer... regaurdless of which company my father chooses I have a brotherly

duty to make sure she is in good hands"

Even if it is not with you.

Eric was burning up on the inside, but he refused to show it, he mearly shrugged and sipped more wine

"The choice isnt mine. Lisette can do what she wants.. shes my girlfriend first."

Sorry ass son of a bitch... we had to bring whats legal and whats not into this?

blacklisted or not -My company wont fail.

Adrian shrugged coolly, his insides roared in triumph as he smoothly got Eric to slip about Lisette's involvement in his business. From his view, the dog was a proud guy, and his defensive mechanism was quite defensive that -- he tends to slip things. How amusing, how human. "Hm, I never brought up Ms. Lisette's name in this conversation -- but why did it surface, Eric?" he simply loved this game, especially with the cool and innocent look that he created as he spoke, "Do you perhaps, use her for your business?"

"If true, if I was a clever librarian -- you are certainly are a very bad mathematician. You seemed to have put x and y together, giving you xy. There is no difference in this equation, only a product. If you sure are capable of handling business as you say, x and y -- stays as x and y. Two different variables. Do you follow?"

So much for Yin and Yang -- you can't even keep x and y apart, you dog.

"Then we go to the question, what is money when it's made in someone else's expense?" Adrian continued after a moment, looking at the men who sat at the table with him, "You and I are the same, Eric. We make money, though I make guns -- you sell women. Machines are machines, women are humans. My products kill, and defend. Your product... Gives herpes. How appealing."

Adrian stood from his seat quietly, straigtening his clothes are he rose and looked at them once more, "Before I bid you all a good night, I have one more question for you Eric, regardless of what you wll say in your defence after I leave -- does letting Ms. Lisette 'do what she wants' without being aware of the extent of it, makes you a responsible boyfriend? Or do you let her, because you also benefit from it -- financially, without considering why she actually does these 'crazy things'? You don't have to answer it, considering how you have x and y together -- I doubt you know the differrence."

Adrian gave a nod towards Imad and Seth before heading out of the dining room, with a smirk on his face. Yin and Yang, Feng Shui. Balance. Negative and Positive energy. To run a business, you must know how balance the different aspects of your life. For Adrian, there was his money, there was his revenge, and there was Lisette. Much to his hypocrisy -- unbeknownst to them -- he had x, y, and z together.

We are both using her Eric, for different purposes. We're horrible men. But one of us is twice as horrible, time will tell who.

"on the contrary, my girls don't have sex with men.

all of them are tested... and anyone who wants to go ..

farther with them is tested .... lisette I just brang up as a good

example I would never let another man touch her. never.

and no amount of money could bid sex for her I can assure you that

the most they'll get is a private dance and they are more than

satisfied with that from her ... as for mathematics well I follow

no ones math rules but my own and I say they never meet

x and y that is..mind your God damned business "

he said sharply.

as a wolf and a young one, his temper was hard to control

he then straightened himself sitting back in his chair

"sorry its just....anyways..foods awesome "

Lisette was on her balcony, her legs propped up over it

as she watched the full moon in the sky

it was perfect.

peaceful.

she needed a blood meal though, she felt weak

she thought about asking Adrian....

no. Fuck him.

damn these feelings, emotions, women felt after

sex

whether she remembered it or not it happened

and she couldn't stop thinking about it

...or him.

Adrian was anywhere but far enough to hear his excuses, he had heard enough from Eric's little cocky boasts. A cocky man, could not bear to hear from another. It just makes one to be more cocky, and he had enough of these mind games -- for tonight at least. As he walked along the house's hallways, he checked his phone from time to time. Kyle was not sending any reports, it was making him anxious. Ah, that bastard needs a reality check. He was still the boss.

He jerked his head up to the pathway he walked, where the hell was his room again? Earlier, he couldn't make out what the driver muttered to him on the way to the dining area, but whatever. He will find it, though it would be a bothersome chore. But on the other hand, something else stirred his attention, he could feel her nearby. Her presence. It made his blood boil, he didn't know why. Probably he was having a little crush on her, how childish.

Childish, how can he have that to a woman he planned to use? It would make things ten times harder, what kind of sex did they get into that made him feel like this? He felt like he was needed to see her whenever she was near, like now. But then again, he told himself not to give her what she wanted -- because it will piss her off. Another little game, another way to make her pay more attention to him than Eric -- that should only be it, right? Damn crushes, he should not have a crush on her -- or even be interested, if that made sense.

But he never made sense.

Adrian groaned, turning towards her closed door with his hand instinctively wrapping around her cold doorknob. Turning it, and opening it, was a point of no return. He doesn't know what he will do once he sees her, would he mock her, admire the sight of her, or simply just do nothing? He was afraid to take the chance, whatever happened last night, will stay last night. He was still a man, and she was still a woman. Even the strongest men can have weak knees. He must stay strong.

He released his hand from her doorknob, and walked away slowly, digging his hands in his pockets firmly. He must not turn back, he must not think about her, he must focus. Like what they say 'Violent delights, have violent ends.'

Focus, damn it.

3am. the house was quite now ... she didn't know

what was happening inside of her but she didn't like it.

her mind was no where near where it needed to be

as she sat on the floor next to her father's panther, which was tamed and lay

curled in a black ball next to her

she twirled her finger lightly around the surface

of the wine glass filled with one of her father's

suitors blood, she couldn't help even now thinking about

Adrian. and it bothered her that he acted unfazed by her this evening

fuck it.

she needed to see him.

like he was her secret drug and being away from him she was having withdrawals

she got up with her glass and silently descended from her room

just one slip. Rome wasn't built in a day ...

she sighed reaching his room ..she knew his scent anywhere ...

slowly she opened it and slid her body inside

staying near the wall.

her eyes flickering in the darkness she couldn't see him

but she felt him near

"I...I don't know whether you fed or not yet ...I brought you a drink"

why so nice? she sounded too innocent

like a little girl with a crush...

Fuck me.

7291421b.jpg

Soon enough after he felt her presence, Adrian was relentless. Soon he found himself scurrying towards her in the darkness of his room, turning her to face the wall, the drink she held splattering in the floor as he pressed his chest against her smooth back. What the hell was he doing? Didn't he just told himself to keep away from her? Now, he found himself close to her -- like a nostalgia he couldn't bear.

It was like he had to be near her,

"What are you doing here?" he whispered to her, his hot breath tickling the skin of her ear as one of his hands settles on her waist, while the other rested on the wall beside her. What was she doing here? Why did she bring him a drink? How did she know he was awake?

He was awake, restless. Thought filled his head, the contemplation of his building emotions and his mission mixed like a bitter potion. Everything felt as tangled as knotted hair, and his head felt like exploding. He didn't mnow what he he was doing, especially right now. The resistance was unbearable, now he found himself drawn to her and showed it in his impulse.

Damn it, Adrian.

As soon as he thought straighter than bent, he drew away from her as if nothing happened, flicking the lights alive using the switch beside her. Slowly, he took the drink from her grasp, and turned away from her presence. His pale, and bare upper body shone in the light as he walked away from her, with a hand in the pocket of his jeans, gripping the fabric to distract himself while taking a shot of blood from the cup. He had to think of other things, he must not succumb to this madness.

Never.

"Anything else? If not, you may leave."

No...he couldn't just do that to her...

the more he pushed her away the more

she felt she needed him.

just this once...

"I... " what? what lisette?

it made her upset he had practically dismissed her

she ran her fingers through her hair

and sighed

it seemed he was fighting it too.

ah so the lust has been there

"yea I guess so." she whispered

walking out as swiftly as she had entered

her cheeks Red, she felt like a fool

one night and she was acting like this ?

and what was she expecting in return?

he hadn't changed and he will never change

the hell was she thinking?

Damn it. It was stronger than he thought, much more stronger that now he found himself acting impulsively whenever they were alone.

And he thought he could handle it. He was a fool, and acted like one too. He looked at the hand he touched her with as he drank the thick, delicious blood out of the cuo she gave him. It was delicious, but it thinking about it's taste made him crave her blood. That icy, sweet delicacy, just thinking about it and the feeling of her skin against his hand felt so enticing. It was lust he felt, lust for her. Lust for now, that was why he had to stay away.

Because lust, can always turn into love.

Now that he thought about it, maybe if given enough time -- he would know if he was. Maybe he was already starting to, if it was -- it had to stop. This was all too distracting. He reached out to his phone on the coffee table, dialing Kyle's number. He needed to distract himself, the best way was to worry about business.

"Ní hǎo (Hello), my dear sweet Adrian --- ah, come here on my lap darling."

Adrian raised a brow, what the hell? He squinted his eyes in suspicion, investigating the sounds he was hearing aside from Kyle's voice. A girlish giggle emerged at Kyle's side of the line. "How's business? Why aren't you sending any reports?" he asked, skeptically.

"Well---" another giggle that came from the same woman was heard, followed by a smooching sound that made Adrian frown, "---I sent it already, you probably have sucky reception."

"What. Are. You. Doing?"

"Uh... Playing with your secretary -- I mean working."

"Are you having sex with her?"

"Listen, my dearest Adrian. I am very busy, if you want to distract yourself -- check you e-mail or get a woman, or contemplate about your brother because I am BUSY. Alright, bye~"

That ass.

So Kyle had a thing for his secretary, no doubt he would, he always liked women. But like him, Kyle didn't have a taste for prostitutes -- but he had a taste for sex. Unlike him, Kyle never had a girlfriend. Rather he had sex mates, lots of them. Adrian on the otherhand, didn't know what he wanted anymore, especially with this thing with Lisette. It was growing, and that was bad.

Damn it.

He crashed on his bed, wrapping his body with his covers. He'll sleep it off, even though he knew he would still be restless.

Lisette awoke the next day feeling

some what refreshed...as if this place was

rehabilitating her..... she needed it

no matter how refreshed she felt, something was still missing

a hole that...Eric wasn't filling ...

.it couldn't be

she needed to make sure that from now on

she was never alone with Adrian ...never.

because there was no way that she could find herself falling for him

she loved Eric

that was it. that was all....

r-right?

tumblr_lrl6a43yHS1qa5g43o2_250.gif

Adrian didn't see the need to dress in a suit, this was business true, but this was also and technically a vacation. Wearing a suit would attract more attention than usual, especially in a place where people only dressed tradtionally. He'll rock casual, american style -- plaid. For if a suit would be too formal. Plus, he still looked respectable -- he was nowhere a hipster, nor he'll ever be.

This was another day, another story. A refreshment. Everything was rather rough and awkward yesterday, everything he felt and had felt yesterday, is now put aside because today he will be focused. No distractions, he shall do business.

There should be no distractions at all. Those words, etched in his mind. He turned towards the door, motioning towards it and exited his room quietly.

Focus, Adrian. Lisette? There is nothing with Lisette. She's nothing. Right?

Seth was up early also

he hadn't got much sleep last night

thinking about everything ..his father's business

but mostly his sister

he was always a brother first ...always

matter the business side

so when he saw Adrian wandering the hallways he couldn't

help but stop him

hey Adrian ... you mind if I talk to you for a second ..man to man?..before

we get this day started .."

it wasn't about confiding because when you confide,

you get screwed

it was more just using him

he just needed someone to talk to

"when you think about my sister what's first thing that comes to mind?"

Adrian was startled at his question, more than the fact that Seth just appeared out of nowhere and asked him this. First thing that comes in mind, when he thinks about Lisette? Annoying, of course. But then again, that wasn't it -- was it? It used to be, it was different now. A sudden change of opinion in a matter of 24 hours.

What does he think of her?

"A butterfly who does not know the purpose of her wings and perching on trees rather than flowers." Adrian replied casually. Ah yes, a riddled reply -- he didn't know why he even said it in that way. But he had said what he had felt, and that was what it was, "But why do you ask? And good morning to you too."

But he really does think of her as a butterfly.

Seth pondered on Adrians words for a moment ...

a butterfly ....

a confused one..

He nodded and dug his Hand into his pocket.

"good answer..and good morning..I'm sorry it was just on my mind ..

your a smart Guy... you really are... Eric is also smart

but Eric gets into his feelings too Much

something you said really pissed him off... what's the deal between you two?"

he needed to know

"...does my sister play a role?"

"Deal?" Adrian chuckled lightly, folding his arms at Seth's curiosity. The guy was a curious one, and an observer too. He reminded him of Jesse -- a much older version of the boy. Ah, Jesse. He wondered how the boy was doing in French camp, probably learning french pick-up lines to attract french goth women -- if he still was into those. "There's no deal between us, Eric's just a little bit too touchy for my words."

"...does my sister play a role?"

"Well, does she?" he replied subtly, but his his question got him thinking. Was his blows to Eric was just because he was angry for what he did years ago, or was it because of her? Maybe both? He sighed for a moment, looking down on the floor and swept his eyes towards Lisette's door, stealing a glance. Reminding him of last night, and how he was tempted to enter her privacy only to done the same by her, only that she actually did it. Resulting to his almost lost of self-control.

He couldn't succumb to lust, it wasn't what he wanted -- if he was going to fall for her, he would fall for her. Not for her looks, her body, or her blood. But herself. He knew he couldn't get it to that point, because that would be the point in which where he couldn't tell the difference between x, y and z. He would be shrouded, and clouded by his emotions, making the the most irrational decisions. It could lead to his possible downfall if he weren't careful.

"Let's just say your sister, is a very special girl. A jewel in a glass box, the glass is strong but the jewel is fragile. You could take care of it and make it shine as bright as it could, be or stuff it recklessly in your pocket, showing it off to anyone who passed by, the jewel dangling inside your pocket, it shiny stone chipping away as it bounced up and down as you walked, the stone hitting the glass walls of the box, making it worn and worthless."

After taking in a moment of silence, Adrian grinned at him as he patted Seth's shoulder "I think you have had enough of my riddled answers, let's just keep it at the fact that she is special. You're a good brother, Seth. I was once like you." He gave him one last nod, before turning away and continued walking the pathway out to the open. He felt awkward sounding older than he was to Seth, when the man was probably older than him. Well technically Adrian wasold. Putting that aside, with Seth greeting his morning with such questions... The thought of her couldn't escape his mind.

At all.

4875.jpg

Seth thought for a moment, pondering on what Adrian had just told him...

"Well, does she..?"

The question he asked was of course rhetorical but he couldnt help but think...

did Adrian maybe have feelings for his sister? was there something there behind the invisible paint that he had

created, and outlined himself with, in the allusion that this was all just competitive business?

Seth smirked, continuing his outlook on the city from the balcony

Only time would tell.

For now, breakfast was waiting for all

Colton%2BHaynes-44.jpg

Eric.

He had opted for something dressed down. Casual -but not sit at home casual

after all he was still a college boy... a senior finishing up...

of course his major was business and financing ... and it was hard balancing learning about how to run a business

and practically running one now.

He had a duty.

He didnt need half of the things they had taught him or was teaching him, his father had taught him everything really.

He looked at himself once before putting a hand in his pocket and strolling out of his room with the confidence he always displayed

it didnt matter what he was going through on the inside, he was on a business trip and whatever 'thing' he had with Adrian he would deal with after..

or maybe when he got a chance alone with the man

He knew one thing... this went deeper than just business...

Adrian was so familiar... had he had a run in with this vampire in a past life?....

He also needed to handle Lisette and her interactions with him... something was off about the way the two acted around each other.

Awkwardness that if they truly were only acquaintances shouldnt be there...

Why had he taken her to the party? and where did Lisette know him from?

He didnt have to ask

He would let the outcome talk.

girl-on-balcony-looking-at-sea-thumb6316793.jpg

Morning.. it had done her justice to get a good nights sleep

probably all of the stress is what got her to the point of exhaustion...

but of course the sleep didnt help the questions and wonders still engraved in her head...

She could smell the steam still from the shower she had just descended from as it wrapped around her along with the welcoming breeze

that brang with it promise of a new day -a welcoming day.

why did her senses feel so alive?

Lisette was never one to be this happy about anything... she felt like she was glowing..

something was comming over her and she wasn't a fool.

She knew what it was... she had to stop it... -but how?

you cant just stop things like these.. you either enter the world of love or it comes to make you share your world with it

Love?

Lisette laughed to herself thinking about it.

Practically giggled.

She ran her fingers through the wet strands of hair, as the wind blew once more, knocking the left strap of her snow white dress slightly

to hang off of her shoulder

and she didnt even try to stop it.

She was in a trance.

even as the butterfly flew to her, its colors magnificent, it planted itself on her finger

she stared at it, her dark eyes contrasting with the rising sun...

how many colors did it have?

if she shooed it away then she would probably never know.

As he walked out on the open, welcoming the breeze of humidity he had not experienced in such a long time, the warmth of the sunrise that he endured with the protection of his silver bracelet. He wasn't too fond of the sunlight, vampire or not. But it reminded him of those times when he and Ling would walk amongst the grassy fields in the hot weather, playing with thick dead branches as his little brother asked numerous questions. He smiled at this thought, Ling was a curious one. He asked more questions than he could ever speak.

He'd trade anything to go back to that time.

Flinging back to the reality he lived in, he checked his phone for the mail that Kyle was supposed to send. There it was, finally. Sent around last night, which was probably around daytime back during when he was calling him. Which meant, that he was having sex with his secretary at daytime? Ah, that bastard. So much for putting him as boss, but there was no one else he could trust for that -- Jesse was still young and foolish. Kyle was the only option.

He scanned through the report Kyle had sent, thought distracted by women, he gave a full and brief report. It was so organized and neat that it left Adrian impressed, regretting the fact that he insulted the man's consistency. Adrian shook his head at his own thoughts, gathering himself and walked back into the house, entering the corridor of the main floor. There he spotted in an open room, a piano in solitude. It was the only thing in there, white, polished, and well-maintained. Adrian liked pianos, as much as his mother did. For his mother used to play it for hours, and he, Ling and his sister would watch her, till they fell asleep.

He smirked -- ah, his childhood.

He motioned towards the piano, sitting on it's seat and opened the cover slowly, revealing the shiny ivory keys that lay beneath -- waiting for him to play it. He never kept a piano back at home, for it just distracted him most of the time. Everytime he saw one, he would use it and play it. It was relaxing, yet distracting. But this time, he was slightly on the edge of relaxing, might as well. He ran his fingers on the keys, familiarizing himself with it. It's been a while since he had played the piano -- a while indeed.

In search for a tune to play, he looked at the window, in which where the sunrise poured light into the room. Sunrise. 'Talk Show Host' always reminded him of sunrise, it's organic, smooth melody was something that makes you remind of things. So without another thought, he began to play...

This was wonderful, and as he engulfed in the moment --- his thoughts cleared. Adrian was in a good mood, music always had him in a good mood.

because regardless of the men's intentions,

Lisette was here on vacation. she didn't care to impress

anyone so because this was just breakfast ,

she put no make up on... tied her hair in a perfect bun

and proceeded down the hallway, her short white dress

bouncing as she walked

but then she heard something ...something beautiful

she slowed her stride and slowly descending towards the piano

room she saw him. Adrian

and be seemed in a trance, playing away at the keys

and she couldn't help but find herself being lured in..

she say next to him on the same bench

but with reasonable space between them and listened

as the piece ended, she smiled brushing her fingers

across the keys "brilliant ..." she whispered

not taking her dazed eyes off the keys

Lisette what are you doing?

"one day.... you'll teach me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.