Steven Universe RP

This is something I'm definitely interested in.

I don't know if this would help or not, but my friends and I have a way of doing it that might work here? For us, our gems are runaways from Homeworld that were hoping to join Rose after the war, but ended up crash landing way off course. Rather than searching for an indefinite amount of time on an unknown planet, they've made a home for themselves in the remains of their spaceship, near to a human town that popped up centuries later. I'm not sure how well it would work here, though.

But yeah, count me in for this roleplay!

Reactions: Indabayou
This is something I'm definitely interested in.

I don't know if this would help or not, but my friends and I have a way of doing it that might work here? For us, our gems are runaways from Homeworld that were hoping to join Rose after the war, but ended up crash landing way off course. Rather than searching for an indefinite amount of time on an unknown planet, they've made a home for themselves in the remains of their spaceship, near to a human town that popped up centuries later. I'm not sure how well it would work here, though.

But yeah, count me in for this roleplay!
That could work well for some of our characters. I was thinking we could all have diverse backstories, you know? More interesting that way.

But, yeah, that's a valid possibility for some characters.

Aa i have these two great OCs im making I love them so much :D One of the two, Benitoite, would would great in that spaceship idea!

I have Aquamarine and Blue Agate, so... Blue is a spy gem while Aquamarine is a nobility gem that never assimilated into human culture.

I have Aquamarine and Blue Agate, so... Blue is a spy gem while Aquamarine is a nobility gem that never assimilated into human culture.
I'm still not totally sure how the spy gem concept would make sense. Who are they spying for? Homeworld wouldn't know about any gems on earth except for the Crystal Gems... unless we want to say that there's some other faction of Homeworld gems that's like kind of on the down-low or something.

I'm still not totally sure how the spy gem concept would make sense. Who are they spying for? Homeworld wouldn't know about any gems on earth except for the Crystal Gems... unless we want to say that there's some other faction of Homeworld gems that's like kind of on the down-low or something.

Ah ah, sorry didn't really write it all out. So here:

Blue was a spy, her main job was to spy on the local world and make things go easier when invasion happens. She uses illusions to blend in. She landed on Earth. She was gifted a game when she was investigating. She fell in love with it and went AWOL. She's not with Homeworld currently.

She was gifted a game when she was investigating. She fell in love with it and went AWOL. She's not with Homeworld currently.
I don't understand what you mean.

I don't understand what you mean.
She was a spy but she's currently not.
What happened was she fell in love with human culture video games literature and decided not to help Homeworld. She went off-grid and used her skills to make her appear as though she went off-world before leaving. She didn't want to fight because she isn't particularly adept at it and so just remained hidden.

She was a spy but she's currently not.
What happened was she fell in love with human culture video games literature and decided not to help Homeworld. She went off-grid and used her skills to make her appear as though she went off-world before leaving. She didn't want to fight because she isn't particularly adept at it and so just remained hidden.
Ok, that makes sense.

So, by the start of the RP, would she still be "hidden" to everyone (including the other gem characters)? Or would she have joined our group at some point?

Because I was originally planning on all of us being a group already but I'm not so sure about that anymore.

I'm good with either, really, but Blue also holds down a job in whatever city we're in. So any humans might know her. She needs to pay for her video games somehow after all

Also, it occurred to me that we should probably keep track of which types of gems have already been claimed, in order to avoid duplicates.

Currently the gem names that have been mentioned thus far (assuming I didn't miss any) are:
  • Obsidian
  • Howlite
  • Benitoite
  • Aquamarine
  • Blue Agate
Is anyone else here already set on what type of gem they'd like? I just don't want two people to have mostly-planned-out CS's for the same gemstone type by the time the OOC rolls around.

Also, a reminder that human characters will be a possibility, in case anyone would rather play a human. So, don't feel too pressured if you can't think up any ideas for a gem character.

I have decided that my gem will be Pyrite.

Also! Does anyone have a good name in mind for the RP? The working title I've had in my head for a long time now is "The Renegade Gems", since I was thinking of sort of a mirror name to "Crystal Gems", with 'Renegade' being somewhat of a placeholder for now. Anyone know of any good word to put there instead? Maybe something geology-related?

Also! Does anyone have a good name in mind for the RP? The working title I've had in my head for a long time now is "The Renegade Gems", since I was thinking of sort of a mirror name to "Crystal Gems", with 'Renegade' being somewhat of a placeholder for now. Anyone know of any good word to put there instead? Maybe something geology-related?
I'll try and think of something

I'm interested in this, and those ideas for the titles are pretty good.
A few words you can put instead of Renegade are Runaway, Deserter and Exile (those are at least, my ideas. There are obviously many more). I honestly like Renegade nonetheless.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
Geode Gems, it's all I can come up with.

But for anyone who doesn't know what kind of gem they want I stumbled upon this! It's a bunch of uncommon gems that people don't usually use and they look really cool. I'm stuck with what I chose, so I can't use it but hey if someone's stuck for names there's a bunch there!

• Useful
Reactions: Kagayours
Are people still on board with this?

I'm still here, and I've finished drawing Aquamarine and Blue. Just give me a heads up and I'll be set.

I'm still here, and I've finished drawing Aquamarine and Blue. Just give me a heads up and I'll be set.
Ok. Sorry things have been slow. I still have some prepping to do, myself.

It's fine. I still need to settle in at school so take your time!