Steven Universe RP

Im here too! Dont worry about time. :) Ill still be here in the end

I am still here as well! School is a bit busier than I thought but I will def make time for this when it gets rolling

You guys need to listen to this song. The energy is so great and idk i thougjt it might help some brainstorming for the rp.
Its homestuck, yes, but the soundtrack has the same videogame feel that steven universe does. (In fact, one of the others sounds just like Opal's theme in the beginning. I'll find it later and share it here if you want).

Posting for interest. I'll try to read through what's been said so far later.

Reactions: Kagayours
I will share my thoughts on some of the baseline ideas so far. (I realize I'm quoting something from a month ago).
  • Team of renegade Gems living on earth (present day) ✔
  • while basically just staying alive I think we need slightly more than just survival. Some kind of common goal or theme that gives us a reason to stay a group, but still allows us to have our own goals and motivations besides that.
  • avoiding the Crystal Gems, who they see as enemies I don't think we should interact with the canon gems much, but I don't think we should outright see them as enemies either. I think we should at worst be ambivalent to the Crystal Gems. I think the simplest thing would be if we believed all the Crystal Gems died in the war, and those few that didn't already left earth.

Here are my suggestions for the RP.

Diverse options for origins:
  • Created in the kindergarten (like Amethyst)
  • Came here with the invasion group, lost faith in Homeworld but stayed neutral during the war
  • Same as above, but became trapped in an object for some time (like Lapis)
  • Left Homeworld to join Rose/the Crystal Gems in the war but did not make it in time (from @Kadin's suggestion)
(All of the above think the Crystal Gems won the war but were ultimately wiped out).

Our group mostly wants to protect earth/humanity, even if some of the individual members are indifferent to or disdainful of humanity. Any who dislike earth or humanity stay with the group and help with the effort because it's their best option for survival or freedom. Each player determines their own motivations and goals besides this.

The Crystal Gems live in Beach City. Mayor Dewey alluded to a place called Ocean Town. Maybe we live in a similar place like Peninsula Town.

We sometimes fight corrupted Gems, but we have some kind of main adversary besides that. Perhaps a corrupted Gem who has become intelligent but not regained their memories (although we may know too little about canon corrupted gems), or evil Gems who are not working for Homeworld. My idea is a group of Gems who rebelled during a different invasion. They wanted independence from Homeworld but they didn't care about the inhabitants of the planet they were on. Now they've begun scouting earth for their own purposes. Maybe they want to make a new kindergarten for a new Gem society.

We can start as a group who live on the outskirts of Peninsula Town (for example). We sometimes fight corrupted Gems and bubble them. Very, very early in the RP, something happens that forces us to interact with humans. Whatever happens happens, and we start seeing signs of the evil rogue Gems later. Maybe the "evil" gems can even be other players if we get enough.

Fluorite%202.png
My character is Fluorite. Her weapon is a flail, and her gemstone is in her right palm (like Sapphire's). My idea for her right now is that she's very socially intelligent and makes friends easily. She enjoys studying human politics and history (even though she lived through much of it).

while basically just staying alive I think we need slightly more than just survival. Some kind of common goal or theme that gives us a reason to stay a group, but still allows us to have our own goals and motivations besides that.
Aye, that's something we're all kind of struggling to think of right now.

avoiding the Crystal Gems, who they see as enemies I don't think we should interact with the canon gems much, but I don't think we should outright see them as enemies either. I think we should at worst be ambivalent to the Crystal Gems. I think the simplest thing would be if we believed all the Crystal Gems died in the war, and those few that didn't already left earth.
Eh, I think we've all kind of agreed that they just don't like to associate with the Crystal Gems and want to avoid them, which makes more sense than our group thinking that the Crystals are dead -- since, in that case, our gems would have no reason to not use the warp pads, when such a thing would easily tip off the Crystal Gems, who think they're the only things on earth that can use them.

At any rate, disliking the Crystal Gems gives us a good reason to avoid interacting with canon characters and also avoid doing anything that wouldn't fit in with the established canon -- so, it seems like a good fix to me.

Diverse options for origins:
  • Created in the kindergarten (like Amethyst)
  • Came here with the invasion group, lost faith in Homeworld but stayed neutral during the war
  • Same as above, but became trapped in an object for some time (like Lapis)
  • Left Homeworld to join Rose/the Crystal Gems in the war but did not make it in time (from @Kadin's suggestion)
All of these are fine for character backstories. We don't all need to be the same, and people can go with whatever they like.

Our group mostly wants to protect earth/humanity, even if some of the individual members are indifferent to or disdainful of humanity. Any who dislike earth or humanity stay with the group and help with the effort because it's their best option for survival or freedom. Each player determines their own motivations and goals besides this.
I think it makes more sense if each member of our group can kind of form their own ideas about humanity, and work based off of that. First and foremost, all our gems care about staying alive, of course -- whether they fight corrupted gems for themselves or for earth is their business.

The Crystal Gems live in Beach City. Mayor Dewey alluded to a place called Ocean Town. Maybe we live in a similar place like Peninsula Town.
Oooh, I like that idea. I might not go with Peninsula Town specifically, but coming up with a similar town name is a good idea.

We sometimes fight corrupted Gems, but we have some kind of main adversary besides that. Perhaps a corrupted Gem who has become intelligent but not regained their memories (although we may know too little about canon corrupted gems), or evil Gems who are not working for Homeworld. My idea is a group of Gems who rebelled during a different invasion. They wanted independence from Homeworld but they didn't care about the inhabitants of the planet they were on. Now they've begun scouting earth for their own purposes. Maybe they want to make a new kindergarten for a new Gem society.
Oooh, I like the idea of some OC gem antagonists. I don't know why I hadn't really thought of that before. I guess I just didn't like the idea of fighting strictly against Homeworld gems, and I hadn't thought much outside the box in terms of other gem baddies. Heh. But thanks -- I'll definitely think on that more.

We can start as a group who live on the outskirts of Peninsula Town (for example). We sometimes fight corrupted Gems and bubble them. Very, very early in the RP, something happens that forces us to interact with humans. Whatever happens happens, and we start seeing signs of the evil rogue Gems later. Maybe the "evil" gems can even be other players if we get enough.
*nod, nod* Yeah, this is pretty much what I had in mind for the RP so far. Bubbling gems, being forced to interact with humans early on, and seeing where things go from there. Having a defined gem antagonist is a strong addition.

My character is Fluorite. Her weapon is a flail, and her gemstone is in her right palm (like Sapphire's). My idea for her right now is that she's very socially intelligent and makes friends easily. She enjoys studying human politics and history (even though she lived through much of it).
Alright. I'll make note of that.

Is there a character limit?
None for now, just be reasonable. It looks like the max that anyone has so far is two characters, which seems like enough. I might start limiting players on an individual basis if I think they're taking on more than they can handle.

Also, bear in mind that I've compiled a list of all the gem names that have already been taken, in order to avoid duplicates. So far we have Obsidian, Howlite, Benitoite, Aquamarine, Blue Agate, Pyrite, and Fluorite.

Just another reminder, though, that it'll be quite a while till I get this RP running. Not only has school been hectic for me, but I've also sort of been neglecting my current RP's for a while now, and only today have I really been able to sit down and do things for them. Unfortunately for you guys, my current RP's do come first. But, as promised, I'm still here, and I'll chip away at preparations for this place bit by bit as I find the time, so I can post the OOC when things calm down for me and my day-to-day life isn't as cluttered.

Eh, I think we've all kind of agreed that they just don't like to associate with the Crystal Gems and want to avoid them, which makes more sense than our group thinking that the Crystals are dead -- since, in that case, our gems would have no reason to not use the warp pads, when such a thing would easily tip off the Crystal Gems, who think they're the only things on earth that can use them.

At any rate, disliking the Crystal Gems gives us a good reason to avoid interacting with canon characters and also avoid doing anything that wouldn't fit in with the established canon -- so, it seems like a good fix to me.
The Crystal Gems have a real bad track record with realizing someone else is using the warps. Unless a.) one of our gems warps to the same place as a Crystal Gem mission or b.) Steven happens to accidentally poke his head out the warp at exactly the right time and place, the Crystal Gems won't know about us and vice versa. It's very easy for us, as roleplayers, to just not have either of those things happen.

The current idea for this seems a bit too limiting to me. Hopefully we can think of some kind of compromise. I'll come around to the "dislike" idea if we don't eventually think of something else.

All of these are fine for character backstories. We don't all need to be the same, and people can go with whatever they like.
That was my intention by listing them. In retrospect I can see how it might look like I was suggesting we all pick just one as a group.

I think it makes more sense if each member of our group can kind of form their own ideas about humanity, and work based off of that. First and foremost, all our gems care about staying alive, of course -- whether they fight corrupted gems for themselves or for earth is their business.
Alright, that's pretty much the same as what I described. I guess it just didn't occur to me that a survival oriented group would have any reason to stick around and fight corrupted gems.

Oooh, I like that idea. I might not go with Peninsula Town specifically, but coming up with a similar town name is a good idea.

Oooh, I like the idea of some OC gem antagonists. I don't know why I hadn't really thought of that before. I guess I just didn't like the idea of fighting strictly against Homeworld gems, and I hadn't thought much outside the box in terms of other gem baddies. Heh. But thanks -- I'll definitely think on that more.

*nod, nod* Yeah, this is pretty much what I had in mind for the RP so far. Bubbling gems, being forced to interact with humans early on, and seeing where things go from there. Having a defined gem antagonist is a strong addition.

Thanks!

The Crystal Gems have a real bad track record with realizing someone else is using the warps. Unless a.) one of our gems warps to the same place as a Crystal Gem mission or b.) Steven happens to accidentally poke his head out the warp at exactly the right time and place, the Crystal Gems won't know about us and vice versa. It's very easy for us, as roleplayers, to just not have either of those things happen.

The current idea for this seems a bit too limiting to me. Hopefully we can think of some kind of compromise. I'll come around to the "dislike" idea if we don't eventually think of something else.
Hmm, I suppose you bring up a good point. Still, though, I feel like they'd be bound to run into each other at some point in the thousands of years that they'd all be living on Earth after the war, hence why I figured it would make sense for our characters to want to avoid them.

At any rate, I don't think it makes too huge of a difference. It's not like all our characters have to hate the Crystal Gems -- just that they don't want to associate with them for whatever reason. I figured it makes for a more catch-all way to avoid any reason to interact with them. With everything that's happened in canon, it would be hard for them to think that they're the only gems still on Earth (like, the ocean getting sucked into space, for example), so, it just made more sense to me to say that our gems just don't like the Crystal Gems or at least, as a group, can agree not to interact with them -- rather than try to come up with some reasoning as to how they'd somehow be unaware of every obvious sign that the Crystal Gems are still around.

Hmm, I suppose you bring up a good point. Still, though, I feel like they'd be bound to run into each other at some point in the thousands of years that they'd all be living on Earth after the war, hence why I figured it would make sense for our characters to want to avoid them.

At any rate, I don't think it makes too huge of a difference. It's not like all our characters have to hate the Crystal Gems -- just that they don't want to associate with them for whatever reason. I figured it makes for a more catch-all way to avoid any reason to interact with them. With everything that's happened in canon, it would be hard for them to think that they're the only gems still on Earth (like, the ocean getting sucked into space, for example), so, it just made more sense to me to say that our gems just don't like the Crystal Gems or at least, as a group, can agree not to interact with them -- rather than try to come up with some reasoning as to how they'd somehow be unaware of every obvious sign that the Crystal Gems are still around.
Yeah, I didn't consider that they'd have to not run into them for thousands of years. What if our group has a special system to tell if the Crystal Gems are using the warps? We can use the warp pads and still avoid them.

Yeah, I didn't consider that they'd have to not run into them for thousands of years. What if our group has a special system to tell if the Crystal Gems are using the warps? We can use the warp pads and still avoid them.
Ooh, good idea. Yeah, we'll have to implement something like that.

Ex-quisite!
Eh guess a role check is in order to see those who are still interested/here... so...yea... reply.

Still here. Glad to see it still gets interest!

Sal-U-tation!
Eh this still going on?
Still here. Sorry about the slowness -- I just haven't had time for this recently. And the time that I do get for RPing has, unfortunately for you guys, mainly been going to my two currently active RP's, which do sort of need it more.

Regardless, I am still hoping to work on this when I can. It's just been tricky finding the time.

right then... so eh thoughts? gather the people who are still interested?

I'm interested and I was thinking of making my own gem if that is okay with you.