Steven Universe RP

Oh gosh I already have ideas for the gems I want to do. Granted, theyre just gem versions of characters I already have, but that just makes it easier for me since they have pretty set personalities. Just gotta do rp-relevant backstories once we figure out what our canon is/how stuff works

Just a reminder that I am still here and that I did not abandon you all.

Reactions: Indabayou
Don't worry, I've occupied myself with being WAY too involved with character stuff that will probably have to be changed once the ooc is up :P

Don't worry, I've occupied myself with being WAY too involved with character stuff that will probably have to be changed once the ooc is up :P

Haha, well I'd gladly discuss a lot of that with you here so that we're both on the same page, if you'd like.

Haha, well I'd gladly discuss a lot of that with you here so that we're both on the same page, if you'd like.

My first character Obsidian is probably pretty run of the mill. The other is where im probably going to run into issues. Shes going to be Howlite, and I'm planning for her to be a "handplanted" kindergarten gem like we talked about earlier, made so the rest of the group would have more allies (for whatever their goal is when we get to that). But the handplanting process was a little out of their expertise and she ended up coming out a little on the rough side. She can't see well and perceives colors strangely. She's also overly blunt (there is no subtlety in this one unless she's stealing something) and doesn't really care about their mission much at all.

I told you I put way too much into this.

My first character Obsidian is probably pretty run of the mill. The other is where im probably going to run into issues. Shes going to be Howlite, and I'm planning for her to be a "handplanted" kindergarten gem like we talked about earlier, made so the rest of the group would have more allies (for whatever their goal is when we get to that). But the handplanting process was a little out of their expertise and she ended up coming out a little on the rough side. She can't see well and perceives colors strangely. She's also overly blunt (there is no subtlety in this one unless she's stealing something) and doesn't really care about their mission much at all.

I told you I put way too much into this.

XD Nothing wrong at all with the amount of thought you've put into it! I like seeing what people can come up with.

Anywho, I like what you have so far. Sounds cool, and I don't see any problems with it. The idea of defective gems isn't exactly new, either (at least if some of the theories I've heard about Pearl and Amethyst are true), so it makes sense that a gem that wasn't planted properly could come out with some issues.

• Thank You
XD Nothing wrong at all with the amount of thought you've put into it! I like seeing what people can come up with.

Anywho, I like what you have so far. Sounds cool, and I don't see any problems with it. The idea of defective gems isn't exactly new, either (at least if some of the theories I've heard about Pearl and Amethyst are true), so it makes sense that a gem that wasn't planted properly could come out with some issues.

Glad to hear that! They're gemified versions of ocs Ive had for years, which makes it really easy to tweak yet keep a steady base personality at the same time. I've been trying to work out designs for how they'll look and that's a bit more difficult. Still, I can't wait to see how everyone else's gems are going :3

Glad to hear that! They're gemified versions of ocs Ive had for years, which makes it really easy to tweak yet keep a steady base personality at the same time. I've been trying to work out designs for how they'll look and that's a bit more difficult. Still, I can't wait to see how everyone else's gems are going :3

Personally I haven't put a ton of thought into mine yet, though that's mostly because of the stuff I've dealing with recently that's made pretty much all productivity slow. :/

Not to mention, I feel like I still have to do a bit of geology research... heh... ^^"

As for what our gems' "mission" will be, I think it will most likely be them simply trying to survive on Earth after the war, and avoiding being detected by the Crystal Gems or humans, and perhaps there'll also be a thing about humans discovering some of them and seeing where things go from there -- if people like the idea of there being human player characters and the plot going in that direction, anyway.

Personally I haven't put a ton of thought into mine yet, though that's mostly because of the stuff I've dealing with recently that's made pretty much all productivity slow. :/

Not to mention, I feel like I still have to do a bit of geology research... heh... ^^"

You've got the fun part ahead of you then! I do hope whatever is going on irl for you gets better/less stressful/whatever is the applicable solution to the situation. I can def relate if you ever need to vent.

might I jump aboard your Steven Universe OC roleplay?

Of course! Plenty of room, still.

You've got the fun part ahead of you then! I do hope whatever is going on irl for you gets better/less stressful/whatever is the applicable solution to the situation. I can def relate if you ever need to vent.

^^ Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if I need to vent.

Though, with school starting up again soon... well, we'll see how things go as far as making time for this goes. Things will hopefully be more back-to-normal by then, though -- so it'll just be a matter of finding time to manage this RP. Hopefully I'll find a way to make it work, though.

Different world. Made a kindergarten. Suddenly overrun by local wildlife. Years later, attempt to salvage some planted gems with a small crew. Spaceship crashes, gotta get back to homeworld warp which monsters have claimed as their nest.

Just my idea..

Different world. Made a kindergarten. Suddenly overrun by local wildlife. Years later, attempt to salvage some planted gems with a small crew. Spaceship crashes, gotta get back to homeworld warp which monsters have claimed as their nest.

Just my idea..
Hmm... Interesting, but I think we've already settled on the idea of a bunch of renegade gems living on earth.

Ive been looking for a SU RP on here forever! Only today did I check the interest tab lol. I'd love to hop aboard this train if I can! Ive never made an OC for it though, only done canon.

I got a lot of work ahead of me.

All these ideas, so many I couldnt even read em all, are really cool though!

Ive been looking for a SU RP on here forever! Only today did I check the interest tab lol. I'd love to hop aboard this train if I can! Ive never made an OC for it though, only done canon.

I got a lot of work ahead of me.

All these ideas, so many I couldnt even read em all, are really cool though!
If you want me to get you up to speed: it looks like currently we're settled on the idea of a team of renegade gems living on earth (present day), while basically just staying alive and avoiding the Crystal Gems, who they see as enemies. Most of the other ideas tossed around thus far have to do with the backstories that some of us have thought up for our OC's.

Additionally (and I still haven't gotten much feedback on this yet), I was thinking that a focus of the RP could be our team of gems coming into contact with humans, which would also open the door to human OC's, if people would be interested in that. It's the only real option I've thought up so far in terms of what direction/objective our RP could have, but it sort of depends on there being some human characters.

Thanks for the update. It sounds pretty good so far. Ill try to think of some ideas other than the human stuff.
Maybe we could take the homeworld gems returning idea from the show itself, and do an arc of that, without using the canon characters?

If you want me to get you up to speed: it looks like currently we're settled on the idea of a team of renegade gems living on earth (present day), while basically just staying alive and avoiding the Crystal Gems, who they see as enemies. Most of the other ideas tossed around thus far have to do with the backstories that some of us have thought up for our OC's.

Additionally (and I still haven't gotten much feedback on this yet), I was thinking that a focus of the RP could be our team of gems coming into contact with humans, which would also open the door to human OC's, if people would be interested in that. It's the only real option I've thought up so far in terms of what direction/objective our RP could have, but it sort of depends on there being some human characters.

If no one ends up choosing a human character by the time the ooc rolls around I will try my hand at making one.

Thanks for the update. It sounds pretty good so far. Ill try to think of some ideas other than the human stuff.
Maybe we could take the homeworld gems returning idea from the show itself, and do an arc of that, without using the canon characters?
Mm, yeah, possibly. I was sort of trying to avoid that for plothole reasons, but I might as well just ignore that concern if it's the best plot idea we have.