Steven Universe RP

I made two versions of the same gem, now I'm really indecisive... XP

Did I mention I was in the market for a co-GM? Because I am.

And... as much as I hate to keep putting this RP off for as much time as I have, I just... haven't been able to make time for this RP. @_@ I'm becoming increasinly dissatisfied with how my winter break is going -- it hasn't been restful or productive -- not nearly as much as I wanted, anyway -- and it's starting to drive me insane. I feel like I still need at least a good solid week of rest, something I was never able to give myself throughout my entire month-and-a-half long break, but now I can't find enough time to do that and feel rested and re-charged before the start of the semester and still have time to actually do all the things that need to get done in the next two weeks. But I can't get it done as quickly as I would like... because I need some solid rest... but I can't have solid rest, because I have too much work to do... etc etc, rinse and repeat.

Sorry for the rant, but, I'm currently really in a state where I just don't know what to do. And, if I'm being honest with you... part of me thinks that I should've dropped this RP a long time ago, and that I only kept it up because of all the effort I'd already sunk into it, and how long all of you had already been waiting. And, while part of me's really happy with what we have so far... another part of me is feeling way more inspired for another RP, not at all inspired for my own character here, and fears that this RP will quickly become a chore to keep up with, if it isn't already.

And, given the fact that a lot of the problems I'm currently struggling with could be solved if I just didn't have so many things to worry about... yeah. I'm starting to seriously consider dropping this RP, as I should've done a long time ago so that it wouldn't be as painful for me to let down all of you who'd been waiting so long. Don't take it as a guarantee yet, but... yeah.

Just wanted to at least keep you guys in-the-loop with everything that's happening.

• Thank You
Reactions: Indabayou
If it's what you need to do, I understand. No hard feelings at all- you need to put your energy toward things that make you happy and give you some sort of fulfillment for the time put in. I'm not sure I have the time for this either now that school is starting up again, even though I did still like the idea of it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
Honesty time again: After getting that last post off my chest, I'd sort of been acting like I did officially drop this RP, what with not really thinking about it at all or acting like I needed to work more on it, and... I was kind of happier for it. I was able to more clearly look at what needed to be done elsewhere in my life and, while I'm still not totally satisfied with how things turned out, I'm feeling a lot better about it in general. I guess this past week sort of functioned as a test run of sorts, and it made the right answer for me very obvious...

I really do need to drop this RP. I'm sorry -- I should've dropped it a long time ago instead of continuously putting it off like this. I really appreciate all the contributions from everyone so far -- and I'm sorry I had to get everyone's hopes up like this. To be honest, I feel like I never was quite as inspired for this RP as I was for some of my other, already-running ones. And I should've taken that sign seriously as soon as it came up.

If it's any consolation: I'm totally willing to hand off this RP to someone else, if anyone here wants to run it themselves. I'll even send you all the off-site notes I made for stuff that was going to be worked into the OOC (and future planning). If anyone here wants to run this RP, I'd be more than happy to hand it off to you.

And if no one takes up that offer, then, well... good luck to all of you in all your other future endeavors, then. Hopefully the other RP's you're in work out better.

ALSO (although part of me feels like I'm totally not in a position to be doing this), if anyone here still really wants to be in an RP with me, I do have Fandomstuck, which is not only still going strong and always open, but I've also pumped out more content for it in the past month than I have for this RP... ever. It's probably my favorite RP that I've ever run and I'm always consistently inspired for it. Even in times like these, when I find myself cutting back RP-involvement across-the-board and telling a lot of threads (including Fandomstuck) that I won't be able to post for a while, I'm always confident that Fandomstuck will be in decent shape when I get back and, more importantly, I'll always be ready to jump back into it, too.

I understand that it might come across as really poor taste for me to be advertising one of my other RP's at a time like this, but, this really wasn't intended as a cheap advertisement. I just wanted to leave this here for the people who really wanted to be in an RP with me, to show you that it's still an option -- hence why I emphasized my consistent involvement in it as opposed to anything about the actual content of the RP or anything else I would normally use as a selling point for it. So, if you were looking forward to RPing with me, well... there's this, at least. Figured I'd end with that, in case anyone wanted it.

No worries. It's really come to where I don't have any time for roleplaying myself.