Steven Universe RP

I'm interested and I was thinking of making my own gem if that is okay with you.
Well yeah, looks like everyone here is making Gem OC's.

If you have a specific gem type in mind, I'd love to make note of it to prevent duplicates.

Can I play too? I have an OC all created and have been looking for a place to use her.

Can I play too? I have an OC all created and have been looking for a place to use her.
Sure thing, but, fair warning, it's going to be a while before I can get this RP off the ground. College has just been leaving me too busy to work on something like this.

Ok, well I've got a character all ready to go, I'll check back every couple of days

Ok, well I've got a character all ready to go, I'll check back every couple of days
Would you like to share your gem choice so no one takes it?

So far we have:
  • Obsidian
  • Howlite
  • Benitoite
  • Aquamarine
  • Blue Agate
  • Pyrite
  • Fluorite
  • Pyrope
  • Black Opal
  • One "maybe" on Tanzanite

(Feel free to correct me if I've made a mistake).

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
Ooh, I'm interested! But I'd like to play a human, instead -- I have a feeling that if I were to play a gem, I'd play a Pearl, but Pearls aside from our Pearl are boring....

Info from "Back to the Barn": ....or so I'd think -- servile characters don't seem to usually do much.

I'm generally leaning towards setting the roleplay in the distant past, instead. This would really distinguish us from the main series, as well as provide more flexibility in maintaining "canon" (particularly for the human characters) and more freedom to explore unique thematic elements (I'm very interested in the whole idea of the gems being the gods and heroes of human mythology, what with all their temples and Rose Quartz's similarities to the typical mother goddess). Plus, this would make the idea of the gems being all late to the war at least that much more believable -- five thousand years is a really, really long time to be lost in space, and I don't think any Homeworld Gems now really remember the Crystal Gems ("The red eye didn't report any gems on this planet!"). Perhaps the time of Ancient Greece, and set in some obscure Ionian Island (according to Google Translate, "Paralia" is Greek for beach. Paraliapolis?).

I'd also love to see the canon characters incorporated, even indirectly, at least once -- in fact, at the very end. If our gems are really gonna be renegade gems, I'm thinking they'd have to have intended on fighting against Rose in the war; then, when they got here a bit too late, and they lost their one way home, they developed a love for the planet, and became the protectors from the other side. Then, at the end of the story, perhaps the Crystal Gems discover them, and they are forced to leave -- leave, or fight, in an epic, Titanomachy-like spectacle.

Anyway, my human's gonna be a teenager, slightly older than Steven. Past or not, he's interested in gem culture and whatever, and he's gonna follow the gems around -- might be too much like the show if he was a tag-along they considered family, or even merely liked, so his character will be more akin to Ronaldo, all spying and generally disliked. But, unlike Ronaldo, actually intelligent about his guesses, and since I'm assuming the gems don't really have any characters that can fully relate to the humans (not even the Crystal Gems had one, until Steven), he'll also be the liaison (or something) of the gems among the humans, or something.

Ooh, I'm interested! But I'd like to play a human, instead -- I have a feeling that if I were to play a gem, I'd play a Pearl, but Pearls aside from our Pearl are boring....

Info from "Back to the Barn": ....or so I'd think -- servile characters don't seem to usually do much.

I'm generally leaning towards setting the roleplay in the distant past, instead. This would really distinguish us from the main series, as well as provide more flexibility in maintaining "canon" (particularly for the human characters) and more freedom to explore unique thematic elements (I'm very interested in the whole idea of the gems being the gods and heroes of human mythology, what with all their temples and Rose Quartz's similarities to the typical mother goddess). Plus, this would make the idea of the gems being all late to the war at least that much more believable -- five thousand years is a really, really long time to be lost in space, and I don't think any Homeworld Gems now really remember the Crystal Gems ("The red eye didn't report any gems on this planet!"). Perhaps the time of Ancient Greece, and set in some obscure Ionian Island (according to Google Translate, "Paralia" is Greek for beach. Paraliapolis?).

I'd also love to see the canon characters incorporated, even indirectly, at least once -- in fact, at the very end. If our gems are really gonna be renegade gems, I'm thinking they'd have to have intended on fighting against Rose in the war; then, when they got here a bit too late, and they lost their one way home, they developed a love for the planet, and became the protectors from the other side. Then, at the end of the story, perhaps the Crystal Gems discover them, and they are forced to leave -- leave, or fight, in an epic, Titanomachy-like spectacle.

Anyway, my human's gonna be a teenager, slightly older than Steven. Past or not, he's interested in gem culture and whatever, and he's gonna follow the gems around -- might be too much like the show if he was a tag-along they considered family, or even merely liked, so his character will be more akin to Ronaldo, all spying and generally disliked. But, unlike Ronaldo, actually intelligent about his guesses, and since I'm assuming the gems don't really have any characters that can fully relate to the humans (not even the Crystal Gems had one, until Steven), he'll also be the liaison (or something) of the gems among the humans, or something.
Hiya! Sorry, but I think we've already decided on setting the RP in the present day (this intchk has been up for quite a while ^^" ), but, you're still welcome to play a human in a Ronaldo-esque role. I think you might be the first person who's really expressed interest in playing a human, actually!

Hiya! Sorry, but I think we've already decided on setting the RP in the present day (this intchk has been up for quite a while ^^" ), but, you're still welcome to play a human in a Ronaldo-esque role. I think you might be the first person who's really expressed interest in playing a human, actually!
I can dig that. As said, I'll still play human, though. Maybe someone duly obsessed with all that mythical schtick, instead.

So then what is the current story concept x3?
In short: Renegade gems (with a diverse array of backstories) living on current-day earth, generally avoiding humans and the Crystal Gems. But there can also be human characters in this RP, as some humans will wind up discovering the gems and uh things will go from there.

It's not very fleshed-out, I apologize -- I've had really no time to put further effort into this since the start of the semester.