Stepsiblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just talk to her. She's distant because she feels you push her away if she gets too close."

Charlotte listened. She knocked on Krystal's door.

"Krystal, they're arguing. What do we do?" Charlotte asked nervously. Since her mother was always single, she had never dealt with a fallout between two parents, but Krystal had.

"I'm not the one pushing her away." her dad said.

"That's hardly even arguing... back when he was with my mom they would go at it for hours... it's best to stay out of their business."

"Wouldn't be the first I saw something like that happened," Krystal said in a sarcastic tone, still not looking at Charlotte, only on her phone.

"W-w-where would we l-l-live?" Charlotte was frightened, so frightened she began crying and her eyes blotched up.

"We would split up again." Krystal said, her attention still on her phone.

"B-b-but o-o-our h-house," she sobbed, "I-I-it's been s-s-sold."

"Then talk to her. She's your daughter, not your enemy. Use her weaknesses and make them strengths. You made me feel great, do that to her."

"Well what do you want me to do?!" Krystal yelled as she finally looked up.

"I-I d-don't know. I-I-I'm sorry!" Charlotte let tears fall into her hands, "S-s-stop i-i-it?"

Krystal angrily got off her bed and out the room. She stopped at the top of the stairs and yelled down at the two.
"Shut up and knock it off!" Krystal then went back in her room, not caring if they stopped or not.

Charlotte had slipped out the room, going into her bedroom and then smiling.

"KNOCK IT OFF!"
"She's right..."

Krystal continued texting on her phone, she was planning on heading out that night with her friends.

her dad sighed, he tried not to turn it into an argument.

"Now, go talk to her. Take her out tonight or something, ask her where she wants to go. She's probably feeling a bit abandoned."

Her dad sighed before going up to her room.
"Krystal? Would you want to go out tonight?"
"I'm not feeling up for it, maybe tomorrow," Krystal answered, trying not to be rude either.

"How dare they take Krystal out without me," Charlotte muttered. "Now, Charlotte, you shouldn't mind. He's Krystal's dad, and he took you out today anyway," she scolded herself quietly.

"Charlie?" her mum knocked on her door. "Dinner." She walked in, "What happened to your room?"
"I painted it."
"Oh, okay."

"I'll be taking her out tomorrow night," her dad said after leaving her room.

Krystal waited in her room, knowing that any minute her friends would give their signature knock on her window. Krystal made sure to give them the right address and let them know which window was hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.