Stepsiblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You didn't go wrong, sweetheart. I didn't mean it, I'm just stressed," her mum looked sad. "I really want it to work. Has Krystal got a phone?"

"She does... she never leaves her phones anywhere, always has it." her dad answered.

"Can I call her please?"

Charlotte pressed her ear against the floor, listening in on their convaersation, "I wanna phone..."

"Here.. you can use my phone," her dad sighed and handed over the phone.

"Thanks," she hugged him, before calling Krystal. Ring, ring, ring.

Krystal picked up the phone without even seeing who it was, "Hello.."

"Krystal? Listen...please...I love your dad, and I love Charlotte, and I love you, and I want us to be a family. Please, will you just come home, and talk to us. You don't have to go to therapy. I don't think you need it, and it's a waste of money..."

Charlotte cursed under her breath.

Krystal gripped her phone tightly and said through clenched teeth, "fine.."
Her dad mouthed the words "thank you"

"Thank you," she said, genuinely, and hung up. "Charlotte Maria! Get down here!"
"You know you don't have to say my middle name..."
"Shuuussshhhh."

She turned and grinned at her fiancé.

He smiled back, he was glad that she was now in his life, dealing with a child by themselves is hard.

Krystal had pills in her pocket but decided against taking them since she was called back to the house. She entered through the door and waited for something to be said.

"I don't want to be around losers," Charlotte went back upstairs.

"No therapy. Just, no drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or storming out. Deal?"

"No promises..." Krystal mumbled. "...You should do something about your daughter... she's being a pain in my ass." she added

"Krystal that isn't nice," her dad said to her

"I think you both are, but we aren't talking about Charlie. We are talking about you...and the second you break that rule, there'll be therapy every single day."

Krystal looked away, obviously angered.
"It's not like you'll know whether or not I do those things..." Krystal mumbled, not sure if she was just speaking her mind or simply trying to anger them.

"Oh, I will..." her mum raised her eyebrows, "Empty your pockets."

"I-I don't have anything in my pockets..." Krystal said quietly.

"Empty your pockets," Charlotte's mum repeated again, calm but serious.

Krystal cursed under her breath and emptied her pockets.
She pulled out a half box of cigarettes, a lighter, her phone, and the new bag of pills.
"Happy?"

Charlotte watched from the top of the stairs as her mum took the pills, lighter and cigarettes, and handed Krystal back her phone. "I am now," she pulled Krystal into a hug.

"Whatever.." Krystal said, feeling a bit awkward in the hug. "Can I go now?"

Status
Not open for further replies.